As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[W:I] Warhammer's invasion of your wallet.

124»

• Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Magic is a very simple game. The most difficult part of the rules is the card interaction, which makes it that much more complex than W:I. Nearly ever Magic card breaks the rules in some way shape or form.

For instance, this card:
    65.jpg

You cannot draw cards. So if you play a card that says "Draw x card(s)" it does nothing.

But this card:
    114.jpg

It says put into hand. Maralen does not prevent this because Maralen prevents "draw cards". Unless you're experienced in the rules of Magic you won't realize this. You'll think that Telling Time is also prevented by Maralen, because it is essentially the same as drawing cards. Things like this is what makes Magic much more complex than W:I.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Got to play my first couple games yesterday. My friend played the dwarves, so I went orcs - always like a classic battle. I won the first game, he won the second - although due to one misstep on his part I almost rallied and beat him. He should have attacked my quest zone, killing its defenders. Instead he went for my open battlefield (causing 4 damage). I was able to draw 5 cards in my next turn which let me mount a decent defense and almost pull out a win. It was tough though, he got out the one support card that heals his capital - then another near the end - so I really needed to hit with a lot of power at once.

We both enjoyed it a lot. I'll have to pick up some of the extra cards so I can lure the rest of my group in too.

krylon666 on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    New Arcane Fire preview.

warhammer-card-charge-silver-helms.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh, hey, another Epic Spell preview from Arcane Fire.

warhammer-card-cacophonic-scream.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hmm... to play that, you have to save 10 resources from the round before for your start of turn. Costly!

Darian on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    New preview from The Silent Forge, the third pack in the Enemy Cycle.

warhammer-card-descendant-of-indraugnir.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And some more Arcane Fire previews.

warhammer-card-helblaster-crew.png

warhammer-card-protect-the-empire.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Arise, thread! Thread, arise!

The German publisher of W:I announced a new big-ish-box expansion (ala Assault) in the last couple of days. Apparently it translates out to something like "Trial of the Damned." Supposed to be out later in the year.

trialofthedamned.jpg

Apparently with Lizardmen as Order neutrals, and Vampire Counts/some sort of Undead as Destruction neutrals.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    The German publisher of W:I announced a new big-ish-box expansion (ala Assault) in the last couple of days. Apparently it translates out to something like "Trial of the Damned." Supposed to be out later in the year..

Unless I'm wrong that translates to either "train/parade of the damned" or "pull/call of the damned". :P

I was just looking for this thread, actually. I bought the starter box, but I still haven't played it. Are there any deck builder apps available somewhere so I can fiddle with deck building?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's a desktop application one, but I don't think it's been updated in a while.

There's this website as well, which apparently you can use to build decks.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I just found that site myself. Good enough to start with.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And now FFG tweeted about it: March of the Damned.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, it's up on their front site as well, with a card preview:
    Savage warriors, the Lizardmen of the jungles of Lustria are vigilant in their fight to restore order to the world, but their enigmatic motivations make them uncertain and often dangerous allies. Meanwhile, the Vampire Counts, from their gods-forsaken castles and fortresses, lust after the power of the mortal races. It is this willful ambition that gives them their power over the dead, and those armies of Order that refuse to surrender to the Vampire Counts in life may come to serve them as mindless slaves in death.

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of March of the Damned, the next deluxe expansion for Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game! Designed by James Hata, March of the Damned will bring new strategic depth to your deck-building experience when it hits store shelves this fall.

With 165 cards (3 copies each of 55 cards) consisting of new deck-building options for players of all factions, March of the Damned brings, as neutral forces, the mysterious danger of the jungle-dwelling Lizardmen and the foul dark arts of the Vampire Counts to Warhammer: Invasion. March of the Damned also introduces two new keywords, “Savage” and “Necromancy,” bringing a new level of strategy to your game.

“Savage” represents the single-minded vigilance of the Lizardmen, as they risk their very lives to restore order to the Old World. For the Vampire Counts, “Necromancy” is a vile power that lets them bring vanquished units back from the dead. When these two forces join the battle for the fate of the Old World, it will mean entirely new perils for six major factions.

warhammer-crypt-ghouls.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh, hey, a couple more, explaining what the new keywords do.

warhammer-skink-skirmishers.png

warhammer-skeletal-horde.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Warpstone Excavation. What's the point of it?

Echo on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's free! That's basically it.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's free! That's basically it.

Yup. It's got a bit of annoying downside...

..but, it's free.

Oh, yeah, another preview from March.

warhammer-card-wight-lord.png

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I finally got my girlfriend to try playing this with me. She enjoyed it a lot more this time around.

I think it was because I was such a dirty rules nazi before, brutally enforcing all the timing windows and such.

I might have matured.

Namrok on