As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

M=<{A,B,C,[chat]},{0,1},0,{1},δ,A,{[chat]}>

• Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm not even talking about fursuiting. Just basic roleplaying. Though I admit I find the fringe of the furry community to be more creepy and disgusting than the fringe of the RPG community.

Silas Brown on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that pretending to be an anthropomorphized animal isn't really that much creepier than pretending to be an elf or a gnome or whatever.
    I don't think that people really run around in dwarfsuits.
    Didn't you larp?
    Nooooo

I did not larp. Ever.
    They don't allow his walker on the playfield.

I would have called it my steed.

It would have given me +2 armor class.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfEckBCIo7U&feature=related

Mexican Wrestling highlights are surprisingly entertaining.

Inquisitor on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Was one of those guys dressed as the white power ranger?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    maybe it's because wrestling is awesome

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thinking your girlfriend/spouse is sexy in elf ears is mild kink at worst. Thinking your girlfriend/spouse is hot dressed in a gadget from rescue rangers fursuit is mental derangement

Ludious on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have no idea but it bothers me. Like, a lot.

I'd wager the knit kimono.

Quid on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Thinking your girlfriend/spouse is sexy in elf ears is mild kink at worst. Thinking your girlfriend/spouse is hot dressed in a gadget from rescue rangers fursuit is mental derangement

fuck your couch.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Look, Elves can be sexy. Spock was sexy. Spock was just a space elf.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    I'm not even talking about fursuiting. Just basic roleplaying. Though I admit I find the fringe of the furry community to be more creepy and disgusting than the fringe of the RPG community.

I guess I find roleplaying kind of goofy and embarrassing in the first place. Like, I am willing to suspend my disbelief to run my little man around in a video game and level up and that kind of thing, but when it comes to personally assuming the role in any way beyond this I get embarrassed even just thinking about it.

And the more exotic and in-depth the roleplaying, the worse it is. Roleplaying a historical figure is bad enough, but roleplaying, like, an anthro-ocelot?

Ugh.

It makes me want to just crawl under my chair at the thought of it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009

It certainly implies issues.

Silas Brown on
    edited December 2009

fuck your couch.
    yaddlefleshlight.jpg

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Fucking tech support.

If you're going to have call centers in foreign countries answering your calls, at least train the people so that they know what the fuck they're talking about. I just got told that I needed to wait for a firmware update to my port replicator; I hung up before I remembered that port replicators don't have firmware.

Yea I tried to file a bug with samsung/sprint that my phone overwrites text messages if I get more than 1 at a time. Their solution: have the phone reset at a sprint store even though I've gotten many many firmware updates and the phone still has the problem. I gave up on trying to report the bug because they were such a PITA.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I dunno, Will.

You look like a larper.

JustinSane07 on
    edited December 2009
    Quid wrote: »

I'd wager the knit kimono.

Ooohh shit.

God I wish she had never posted that picture.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Out of space heaters. Booting up more desktop towers!

TL DR on
    edited December 2009
    I dunno, Will.

You look like a larper.

fffffffffffff

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Right, and Feral isn't a furry Will?

Leitner on
    edited December 2009

I guess I find roleplaying kind of goofy and embarrassing in the first place. Like, I am willing to suspend my disbelief to run my little man around in a video game and level up and that kind of thing, but when it comes to personally assuming the role in any way beyond this I get embarrassed even just thinking about it.

And the more exotic and in-depth the roleplaying, the worse it is. Roleplaying a historical figure is bad enough, but roleplaying, like, an anthro-ocelot?

Ugh.

It makes me want to just crawl under my chair at the thought of it.

Even as an RPG gamer, I have to kind of agree with this, though I suspect our individual thresholds are different. I can't stand playing D&D with people who insist on talking with elaborate flourishes and basically doing bad renaissance acting all night. I want to play the freaking game.

That being said, I don't actually see an issue with any of it, up to LARPing and potentially beyond, if it suits the participants. I find it personally embarassing, though. No idea why.

Silas Brown on
    edited December 2009
    What happens when our kids get old enough to Google us, or find out screen names we've used in the past?

This just occurred to me and the implications are terrifying.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The cheese thread is a perfect crystalization of d&d. People are either being pretentious about French cheese and arguing about raw cows milk and pasteurization or saying that canned cheese is awesome and Swiss cheese is good for sammiches

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited December 2009
    You do man.

I mean you had like 3 jackets on the other night.

Who does that?

JustinSane07 on
    edited December 2009
    Right, and Feral isn't a furry Will?

This is what he says.

But he is definitely a fur-enabler.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I sort of get the whole furry thing to some degree, but I have NEVER understood the obsession with sexualizing children's cartoon characters.

At no point have I ever thought: "It would get me so aroused if I saw Bonkers D. Bobcat having rough anal sex with that enormously fat cop."

Well, except for just now.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why can manufacturers like Dell not just compile an .exe with all the drivers for their product, instead of making me use their terrible web interface to download and run them individually?

TL DR on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think that furries are subhumans and should be captured and lobotomized and sterilized.

Ludious on
    edited December 2009
    You do man.

I mean you had like 3 jackets on the other night.

Who does that?

I looked fuckin fly, man.

Blazer over a sweater.

Like a goddamned model.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited December 2009
    I think that furries are subhumans and should be captured and lobotomized and sterilized.

Unimpressive.

TL DR on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If there's a cheese that isn't good for sandwiches then I don't want to know about it.

Quid on
    edited December 2009

Unimpressive.
    Also chances are there's a subset of furryism who'd be turned on by that.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited December 2009
    I sort of get the whole furry thing to some degree, but I have NEVER understood the obsession with sexualizing children's cartoon characters.

At no point have I ever thought: "It would get me so aroused if I saw Bonkers D. Bobcat having rough anal sex with that enormously fat cop."

It kind of makes sense for that girl on the eSurance commercials though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    The cheese thread is a perfect crystalization of d&d. People are either being pretentious about French cheese and arguing about raw cows milk and pasteurization or saying that canned cheese is awesome and Swiss cheese is good for sammiches

So have you interjected yet to tell everyone how their taste in cheese is wrong and how EuroCheese from the 80's is the only cheese that matters and that no cheese would taste like cheese?

Jokerman on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you're over like 200 pounds at average height you lose the ability to make fun of any group in a non-ironinc fashion.

Leitner on
    edited December 2009
    Maybe a hand model.

JustinSane07 on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that pretending to be an anthropomorphized animal isn't really that much creepier than pretending to be an elf or a gnome or whatever.

I don't think that people really run around in dwarfsuits.

Didn't you larp?

Nooooo

I did not larp. Ever.

Hahaha, why would he think this of you, then?

Precisely how I would feel if someone figured I larped...

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009

that purple-haired tease

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    eurocheese sounds like an awful kind of music.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Well, yeah, because Erin Esurance is a total babe.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfEckBCIo7U&feature=related

Mexican Wrestling highlights are surprisingly entertaining.

pretty sure I just experienced super dynamic cooking time.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2009
    If you're over like 200 pounds at average height you lose the ability to make fun of any group in a non-ironinc fashion.

So basically the Internet?

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.