As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Fail of the Lich King: [Chat] 3.3

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's what I did, although it was months ago so unno. There's no really decent OH sword, I ended up grabbing the PvP dagger for lack of badges on that account. Not really optimal, but well... At least I had both swords and daggers close to maxed at 80!

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, think I'll end up doing that. Grabbing the sword for now at least.

Echo on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Floowid wrote: »
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    I mentioned this a page or two ago, but blizzard has commented on the in-game earthquakes:

http://www.wow.com/2009/12/30/blizzards-comments-on-the-in-game-earthquakes/

I haven't noticed any earthquakes. Where are/have they happened?

I have missed them too. I really like how Blizzard adds this crap before an expansion. We need some world bosses attacking major cities for no reason. That would be awesome.

Nothing beat the carpet of bones leading into a city when Kazzak showed up before BC.

That event was pretty awesome. I wasn't at the level cap at the time, so I had to sit and watch as high level guilds would roll in and try to deal with Kazzak. It was fun though, watching them try to down him, and watching lowbies run in and feed him health!

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Okay, fastest way to get from 56 to 58. Jame's guide wants me to go to Felwood for my first time now, is there better? GO PLEASE I AM SO TIRED OF SOUTHERN AZEROTH

(edit) sorry I meant without soliciting assistance, I already tried to get some Ramparts runs :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Have an 80 run you through Sethekk Halls (a player can get into the early Outland 5mans at 55) till 60, then go HFP.

edit: Then, I suppose Felwood or Winterspring are your options. I personally prefer Winterspring over Felwood because Felwood is a pain to quest quickly in (for me, at least) since the zone is one long line. Winterspring is not the best either, but at least you don't run up and down the zone.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    kurokaze wrote: »
    The confusing thing is that when I do my daily on my main - usually as a tank - I invariably get paired with at least one, sometimes two, unbelievably geared and passably skilled DPS (3500-4000) who still somehow manage to have under 18k hp in cloth and think that it is their right, nay, their duty to pull the next pack before I do (which means before Death and Decay has refreshed, which means, since I am currently in a Blood raid tank spec, I often simply cannot get adequate threat all of the additional pull before it beats the hell out of the horrible mag- oh, he ice blocked, they just killed my healer instead.)

I wanted to take issue with the bolded part, I guess because I'm not really sure what you're qualifying as exceptionally geared. My mage pulls about the 3500-4000 overall dps range in heroics, and is in just about the best gear I can get without raiding/high end crafting (badge T9, some badge gear, heroic ICC5 gear). He has 16.5k hp. I think stam just isn't that easy to come by on cloth.

As for the asshattery part, well, morons are morons.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Okay, fastest way to get from 56 to 58. Jame's guide wants me to go to Felwood for my first time now, is there better? GO PLEASE I AM SO TIRED OF SOUTHERN AZEROTH

(edit) sorry I meant without soliciting assistance, I already tried to get some Ramparts runs :(

This is relevant to my interests. I am at 57 right now, and really tired of EPL, I absolutely hate that zone. I know I only have one level left till outlands, but I have done most of the easy stuff in Silithus, Felwood, Winterspring...just about everywhere, I have a few quests in EPL, but god they are painful...

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My GL's enhance set is at least as good if not better than my mage's gear, but he has less hp.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FloowidFloowid Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

This is relevant to my interests. I am at 57 right now, and really tired of EPL, I absolutely hate that zone. I know I only have one level left till outlands, but I have done most of the easy stuff in Silithus, Felwood, Winterspring...just about everywhere, I have a few quests in EPL, but god they are painful...

I have taken all my alts at 55 or 56 to Hellfire Peninsula. It is not the least bit hard to do. I play on a low pop server, and it has never taken me more than 2 minutes and a couple gold to find a port to Shat, then the run to Thrallmar should take you about another 10 or less minutes. You can't get the quests here, but with rested XP, just killing the demons and hellboars south of Thrallmar will level you to 58 in a hurry. If you are alliance there are demons and hellboars south of Honor Hold too. Most anything in the area can be dealt with by a 55 or 56.

Floowid on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My GL's enhance set is at least as good if not better than my mage's gear, but he has less hp.

shamans have had the lowest health pool for a long time, and will probably never leave that spot.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Disregard that. It occurred to me a half second after posting that DURP that's alphabetic.
    Priest and Paladins have the lowest. Mages have 3 base health more than Shaman.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hell, my Mage *just* broke 17k HP the other night and he has two 245 crafted epics and virtually everything else is 232 or 219 epics. I have him in pretty much the best possible gear I can get from doing just heroics and no raids.

So, regarding my Prot Pally farming Argent Dawn rep, I didn't realize they had added a flight point at the Bulwark and a flight point at the river between EPL and WPL. That's astoundingly convenient. Even if the one at the river is extremely... unbelievable. It's just a single flight master hanging out in the middle of scourge hostile territory, no encampment protecting him or anything. Just odd.

Anyway, I did most of the quests for Strath along with having my trinket equipped and gained about 18k rep from two runs/quest turnins. So I'm about 2.5k into Revered now. Doesn't seem like it'll be too bad really, might finish it up tonight, but if not tomorrow.

No tanking sword from Tyrannus again, even ran H HoR and no tanking axe either. Did get the tanking neck piece though, which pleases me. My Prot Pally is *nearly* over 3k AP completely unbuffed.

I also ran H CoS for my random last night and was quite solidly top DPS for the run at around 3.1k or so, while I was tanking. Next highest was around 2.6-2.7k I think.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Not surprising, all of the pulls in there are at least four mobs strong, and prot pallies shine on AoE.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Glyphed Hammer of the Righteous is my most favoritest ability ever.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dac wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    quaigy wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    All the RP portions of dungeons should have the option of being skipped as long as you've done it once before.

I was pretty surprised to see the option to skip all the lore in HoR a few days after it was released.
    You mean a few weeks?

No, he means a few days.

The option to skip the lore in HoR was in in less than a week, IIRC.
    Somehow I interpreted HoR as ToC, which did take weeks before we could skip it. But yeah, the option to skip the lore in HoR was there from the start. I'm not sure why that's surprising at all since they added a skip option to ToC.

forty on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If only we could get a "speed up Arthas" button for Culling of Stratholme.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I have taken all my alts at 55 or 56 to Hellfire Peninsula. It is not the least bit hard to do. I play on a low pop server, and it has never taken me more than 2 minutes and a couple gold to find a port to Shat, then the run to Thrallmar should take you about another 10 or less minutes. You can't get the quests here, but with rested XP, just killing the demons and hellboars south of Thrallmar will level you to 58 in a hurry. If you are alliance there are demons and hellboars south of Honor Hold too. Most anything in the area can be dealt with by a 55 or 56.

You don't have to run from Shattrath to Thrallmar, your next alt, check the flight master in shattrath.

Seg on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dranyth wrote: »
    I'm getting alot of kicks out of glyphed Cleave. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    kurokazekurokaze Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't know, I just very rarely see anyone under 18k that isn't either:
    1) Poorly geared (as in blues/greens/no enchants/green gems, not as in OH NOES SOME OF THEIR EPICS ARE 219)
    2) One of these cockmunchers that believe it's my job to save them from their own idiocy

It just seems to be the magic number - like 4K was in vanilla - where while there's nothing really 'wrong' if you have enough glass cannon type low stamina high DPS gear that you don't get there, most people get there anyway without even trying as long as their gear is decent; and many of the less sturdy classes don't seem to ever get significantly past it (cloth and trees are the ones I've noticed).

Admittedly, though, this has always been looking in a group setting, and while it's easy to discount Fort since it's so obvious, there may have been some blood pact/comm shout/possibly even kings going on, and I doubt I paid any attention to paw either since it's only ~400.

For what it's worth, my hunter is right around 16k unbuffed and is firmly in category 1.

kurokaze on
    atehim.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    815165 wrote: »
    Dranyth wrote: »
    I'm getting alot of kicks out of glyphed Cleave. :^:

Yeah, but you don't get to see little glowy hammers go zinging off into the air when HotR misses. That and I doubt Cleave chains like HotR does... which is interesting to watch. You can actually hit a mob much further away than melee range if it chains off of three of his buddies along the line.

The misses are almost as entertaining as when Avenger's Shield misses the first target... but hits the others. So it goes flying off at a weird direction, then boomerangs back around to hit the other two.

Man, Prot Pallies have some amusing ability misses.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    1) Poorly geared (as in blues/greens/no enchants/green gems, not as in OH NOES SOME OF THEIR EPICS ARE 219)
    2) One of these cockmunchers that believe it's my job to save them from their own idiocy

It just seems to be the magic number - like 4K was in vanilla - where while there's nothing really 'wrong' if you have enough glass cannon type low stamina high DPS gear that you don't get there, most people get there anyway without even trying as long as their gear is decent; and many of the less sturdy classes don't seem to ever get significantly past it (cloth and trees are the ones I've noticed).

Admittedly, though, this has always been looking in a group setting, and while it's easy to discount Fort since it's so obvious, there may have been some blood pact/comm shout/possibly even kings going on, and I doubt I paid any attention to paw either since it's only ~400.

For what it's worth, my hunter is right around 16k unbuffed and is firmly in category 1.

yeah i'm pretty sure the only way for my to do that on my resto druid would be to gear in full pvp resto gear.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Seg wrote: »

You don't have to run from Shattrath to Thrallmar, your next alt, check the flight master in shattrath.
    Also, I'm not sure where you'd run into HFP from that wouldn't have you getting aggroed, dazed, and raped by red con ravagers.

forty on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It just seems to be the magic number - like 4K was in vanilla
    4K unbuffed??

forty on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Trevor My mage.

Not top of the line, but hardly quest blues either.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I actually noticed recently that Warrior Cleave can chain to respectable distances, like further than I can clap. Still a cap of three targets, but helps positioning (which I refuse to believe is fixed, mobs are still squirrely as hell for me).

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Jesuits wrote: »
    I actually noticed recently that Warrior Cleave can chain to respectable distances, like further than I can clap. Still a cap of three targets, but helps positioning (which I refuse to believe is fixed, mobs are still squirrely as hell for me).

Yeah, mobs aren't fixed yet, they overcorrect *so* far the majority of the time.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    They must have fucked something up pretty badly and pretty deeply for this not to have been fixed 3 weeks after the patch. I'd really like to see it fixed next week because I'm sure the next wing of ICC won't be getting any easier.

forty on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The pathing seems about halfway fixed to me. The mobs don't actively try to get behind you all the damn time, but they are still pretty squirrely. I find it can help out if you move in a little closer to their center of mass if you are trying to turn them without otherwise moving them.

Savant on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    4K unbuffed??

Yep, I remember those days. PVE gear was all useful in BG and shit. Strange times.

Bobble on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    On the subject of leveling in the high-but-not-in-hellfire-50s, try the Plaguelands. If you haven't been there yet and you're over 55, you can probably hit 58 without leaving those two zones and with quests left over.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bobble wrote: »
    4K unbuffed??

Yep, I remember those days. PVE gear was all useful in BG and shit. Strange times.

I dont really remember dps hitting 4k unbuffed outside of rediculously good gear. I remember tanks only hitting around 6k buffed in BWL im pretty sure. Thats quite an exaggeration there.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had 4k like... right on the dot I think on my Fury Warrior, who was in one epic I think, that BoE world drop ring.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I remember good tanks would be 7k fully buffed when we were trying Broodlord and his legendary mortal strike and its ability to one-shot your tank. My hunter was around 3900 in mostly MC gear with a few pieces of tier 2. Not sure how you're defining 'ridiculously good'

Bobble on
  • Options
    Lilac CitizenLilac Citizen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Bobble wrote: »
    I remember good tanks would be 7k fully buffed when we were trying Broodlord and his legendary mortal strike and its ability to one-shot your tank. My hunter was around 3900 in mostly MC gear with a few pieces of tier 2. Not sure how you're defining 'ridiculously good'

Well, I dredged up some screenshots from my guild's first few kills in Naxx, and it looks like our raiders had 6-8k HP buffed, and the MT was at a beastly 13.5k

I can't remember how much stam you got from the various buffs which all stacked at the time, but I do recall having about 10k HP on my holy paladin when we did Loatheb due to the extreme world buffz

Lilac Citizen on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Has anyone else noticed that Grimtotems got some new ink?

x6k8jr.jpg

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that Grimtotems got some new ink?
    This came with 3.3, they have some cool tatoos now. :^:

There are some color variations that aren't used, maybe all Tauren will get them in the future. Hope so!

815165 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    Heh. Today we had eight people roll alts, kit them out with heirlooms and run around doing silly stuff.

I blew 170 triumphs on heirloom stuff for my baby rogue!

Echo on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just spent all night obtaining every decent enchant for a caster that can be put on level 1 items.

I wish the iron counterweight worked on staves. However, if you toss that on a 2h mace on a druid with a pair of hierloom haste trinkets and some minor haste enchanted gloves, yeah, look out for 1 sec cast everythings. You could do it on a shaman too I guess.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh man, I hope this is a sign of big things to come involving the grimtotem storyline come Cataclysm.

-SPI- on
This discussion has been closed.