As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime: Seattle, Labor Day Weekend, 2010

12345679»

• Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Only asthmatics and the morbidly obese will claim it is too far.

Fuck. I'd better take the helicopter straight to the exhibit hall.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah its a little bit of a walk but its all operational. I took the light rail to the airport to fly out for PAX East :) $3.50 is better than $33 for the cab ride from downtown

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    AltDelete wrote: »
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Only asthmatics and the morbidly obese will claim it is too far.

Fuck. I'd better take the helicopter straight to the exhibit hall.

I know the Enforcers count a helicopter pilot amongst their ranks...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    Yeah its a little bit of a walk but its all operational. I took the light rail to the airport to fly out for PAX East :) $3.50 is better than $33 for the cab ride from downtown

Well since it is central northbound from seatac to westlake it is only 2.50 :P

Singollo on
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    Ah well, I didn't know the official train trip only ran up the West coast.

Also people are going to be getting started late anyway since we're not use to having two a year.

Eye-shuh,
    I'm not competing with PAX train peeps, but with the nice rail fans (also known as octogenarians) who buy sleepers. The price of general tickets inches up, the price of sleepers can vary by a few hundred bucks.

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wanted to ask this here because I'm hoping I can get some good advice.

I am looking at trying to get a job and such by the end of May so that I can start saving up for Prime. However, I feel that it may be important to do something else to raise money for myself to go to PAX. So I was wondering if anyone had any advice or ideas on what I should do. Ostensibly, I would be selling goods like handmade crafts and such, and would only advertise it here if I knew that I was allowed to by the great Forum God-erators (don't want to piss off the same people who I'd be seeing at PAX). But I have been thinking of a plan on what I need money for.

Right now, I am in NE Pennsylvania, and my only two options for transportation would be CCST or flight. I'd share a hotel with three other people (the cheaper the better), and then I'd need the 3-day badge. Right now (before I saw the new prices), it's looking like it would be about $1000 total. Now in all likelihood it is going to be less, but this is the starting goal. Then, I think if I did make more than enough or it's popular enough, I'd consider doing it to raise money for Child's Play on a regular basis.

Sorry this is a bit long, but if you have any suggestions or advice, send me a message please!

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How early does will call open for the show? I don't trust them getting the badges to me at my FPO address (stationed in Japan). So either I used my friend's address out in town to FedEx it, or just pick them up at will call.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wanted to ask this here because I'm hoping I can get some good advice.

I am looking at trying to get a job and such by the end of May so that I can start saving up for Prime. However, I feel that it may be important to do something else to raise money for myself to go to PAX. So I was wondering if anyone had any advice or ideas on what I should do. Ostensibly, I would be selling goods like handmade crafts and such, and would only advertise it here if I knew that I was allowed to by the great Forum God-erators (don't want to piss off the same people who I'd be seeing at PAX). But I have been thinking of a plan on what I need money for.

Right now, I am in NE Pennsylvania, and my only two options for transportation would be CCST or flight. I'd share a hotel with three other people (the cheaper the better), and then I'd need the 3-day badge. Right now (before I saw the new prices), it's looking like it would be about $1000 total. Now in all likelihood it is going to be less, but this is the starting goal. Then, I think if I did make more than enough or it's popular enough, I'd consider doing it to raise money for Child's Play on a regular basis.

Sorry this is a bit long, but if you have any suggestions or advice, send me a message please!

I've seen people make it there and enjoy the show on only $500 for everything. And I think I've heard o others who have made their way for less.

It really depends how spendy you are. If you can hold yourself to a meal schedule, or some how bring your own food, don't drink that much/mooch at parties/at all, and don't get any merch, you could go to PAX on a very small budget.

$1,000 is a good goal, just so you have some extra cash should you meet some people who want to hang at a bar, or go to gameworks, or you see something that you just have to have at the merch booths...but don't think that's the bare minimum you need.

Start looking at hotel threads, and finding people who you may want to room with. Hotels in my opinion are the biggest money sink, so the more people you can room with, the cheaper you can make your trip.

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How early does will call open for the show? I don't trust them getting the badges to me at my FPO address (stationed in Japan). So either I used my friend's address out in town to FedEx it, or just pick them up at will call.

For '09 and '10 East, Will Call was open on Thursday starting somewhere in the 10AM - Noon area until 10 - 11PM.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    whypick1 wrote: »

For '09 and '10 East, Will Call was open on Thursday starting somewhere in the 10AM - Noon area until 10 - 11PM.

Beyond that, Will Call tends to open at 8 or 10am on Friday before the show opens. The lines may be long, but they move really fast!

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
This discussion has been closed.