As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X 3, in which with drive long, hard ships into tight, quivering gates

• SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Goddamn it, you fuckers are going to make me miss 1-3 months of my life.

Thanks alot

Spacehog on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    one time I spawned the enormous Terran battleship and a bunch of argon ships, the Terran ship was so outlandishly powerful that I went to full speed and rammed an argon ship, their destroyer blew up on impact and my shields didn't even go down

Weaver on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Multiplayer x3 with the ability to crew a ship and I'm in.

NotASenator on
    edited December 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »

I wish they had something where you could recruit people.

Like say, the ships chief engineer. the higher his level in say, engine optimization, lets you eke out a little more speed.
    i suppose it could include gunner crews, medical teams for the ships staff, ect.

i have this idea in my head, and i suck at explaining things. if anyone else understands what im saying, for the love of god explain it better for me.

Spacehog on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spacehog wrote: »

Like say, the ships chief engineer. the higher his level in say, engine optimization, lets you eke out a little more speed.
    i suppose it could include gunner crews, medical teams for the ships staff, ect.

i have this idea in my head, and i suck at explaining things. if anyone else understands what im saying, for the love of god explain it better for me.

Silent Hunter in space

NotASenator on
    edited December 2009

Silent Hunter in space

Yes, I couldn't remember the name of it.
    You win.

Spacehog on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Jumpgate: Evolution is looking like it will almost maybe kind of try doing this.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Thanks alot

a-lot.png

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My X3 save is so ridiculous huge on gametime, as I'd just leave it running at max time multiplier (whatever it was called) and go do something else, building up money from my universal traders.

Of course, this was before I realized that making factories is by far the best way of making money. Kind of stopped playing like that, because huge factory complexes look terrifyingly complicated to set up properly.

Cilla Black on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    how many universal traders did you have? sometimes they freak out and go on break too much

do factories really make that much more cash?

tyrannus on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cocks everywhere.

Meiz on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    BYE TUBE SEE YOU IN A MONTH

PiptheFair on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cock clusters are annoying.

They're all like BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE BEE

Then you eject.

Meiz on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    how many universal traders did you have? sometimes they freak out and go on break too much

factory complexes, as in a bunch of them linked together make a shitload more. like you don't even have to speed up time any to rake in the millions while you fly around for fits and shiggles.

Cilla Black on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

Jumpgate: Evolution is looking like it will almost maybe kind of try doing this.

I've been in the beta queue for this for two years

Weaver on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I think it'd be awesome to hang out in a supply cage all day, checking out tools and brooms to maintenance workers on a battleship.

Metalbourne on
    edited December 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

Thanks alot

a-lot.png

Now find me a comic where it tells me how many words is in "go get fucked"

Spacehog on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    it's obviously 3 why do you need a comic for that?????

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    it's obviously 3 why do you need a comic for that?????

I dont, but you can help find one now.

Spacehog on
    edited December 2009
    ok this is confusing and hard

I have 2 ships: An Elite (that I started with) and a Rapier or Rapist or something that can only fit one kind of gun that I can't find anywhere

how do I go from this to space weed empire + capital ship tia

L|ama on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You will need a great deal of money, pick a race to haterade on, and blast their shit when you see them, but keep them on the verge of death so that they hopefully abandon their ship. Then sell it.

You need to hire a massive cargo ship, there is usually one flying around a sector that has a ship station, they are a pain to use properly, you aren't in direct control. once you get into ship hijacking, a massive transport should be one of your first targets

Go to the sector where you want the station, you dont need to maneuver the cargo ship to the exact co-ordinates.

talk to the pilot and say drop it huuurrr and he will, you go into an overview map to place it

you need to keep it stocked to maintain production, so you can usually have a few transports, a couple set to buying what is needed and one set to selling the produce

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    okay what's a decent starting ship to blow shit up without blowing up yourself

L|ama on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A split Dragon served me very, very well

especially if you can find yourself 4-8 plasma burst generators (the flame thrower thingy)

wack them all on and be the all-consumer

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    also, you can set weapons to come online with difference buttons (1-4)

So I usually had a small craft, a light long distance, a heavy flame assault, and an everything

use the little colour things next to the weapon

The Black Hunter on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »

No, UTs are the gods of money making, especially if you put them in good, non-conflicting sections of the galaxy. I always start my UTs in Empire's Edge unless I have another ST there, then I let them expand, though if the area is crowded, I expand to Shore of Infinity, Queens Space, and Preachers void as secondary UT starting sectors. Once you get the UTs established, they'll spread out as well as purchase defensive shit.

I have at least 5 UTs in any, even factory driven, player.

also, the Boron located their economy in a central system, but that includes their power plants, so SPPs in Kingdoms end are almost always my starting factory placement, followed by complexes, simply because Kingdoms end has the best music and is so peaceful to jump to.

Either way, UTs make super money, but they're risky, because if a UT is destroyed you're out super amounts of money(if you've trained the UT from beginning with a supertanker) and time for training, where stations are lower-risk, especially in certain systems, but make less money.

Also, the secret to real moolah in X3 is setting up 5+ UTs and a station or two, setting SETA to 1000%, then leaving the game overnight.

Khavall on
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    God fucking fuck I'm so tempted to start playing this again.

Did they ever fix the gate + battleship = death thing? It was always like a 75% chance for me that when I flew into a gate while in a battleship, I'd just explode upon exiting due to getting stuck.

Edit: SHIT I HATE YOU ALL STEAM IS NOW LAUNCHING FUCK HERE WE GO AGAIN

Loathing on
    edited December 2009
    okay I have a (about 50% hull) demeter tanker how do I start this shit

there's a space weed plant in this sector, should I fill it to the brim with that? It's only got the basic trade upgrade, what else does it need?

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    You need to buy trader software according to its use, which should be described in the software description

find a nearby supplier with low prices and tell your demeter to head on over there and dock, check on it in your property menu, when it has docked, trade the supplies into it and send it back and hand over the supplies, rinse and repeat until the station has plenty, then find a buyer for your product, if it is space weed then you will need to find a pirate station that doesn't hate you.

there is a jumpgate to one to the right side of the map of PTNI headquarters

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    oh hey I can turn a profit bring flowers to the oil refineries within this one system, what do I need to buy to get it do this automatically?

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    whoops shoulda refreshed there
    okay I'm manually ordering it back and forth between them, is there anyway to automate this?

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    Not really, you can set it to buy all ____ then sell all ____ but i dont think you can set a permanent loop

eventualy they wouldn't need the flowers as much any more anyway

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    yeah there's no profit there at the moment, I suppose they'll use them all up eventually?

I just learned not to trust autopilot: Set myself to fly somewhere, turned SETA on, took a piss, came back and got greeted by the title screen.

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    hehehehe

you need you a jump drive

I went and got myself a nifty little map, its a bit of a ruiner, because it shows all the sectors and where to find abandoned ships and such, but it's probably still worth it

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    ugh, my ship can barely survive a single missile hit (I end up with half a bar of hull left) and I have to get past one of the big xenon ships for this mission while it's fighting a friendly one. not fun, especially since there aren't many nearby stations to save at.

L|ama on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This thread title is still terrible!

Synthetic Orange on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    New title should be X3, In which we drive long hard ships into tight, whimpering gates.

Buttcleft on
    edited December 2009
    dude buy some better sheilds or get a better ship

the fuck are you flying?

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    the Elite which is still the best thing I've come across

L|ama on
    edited December 2009
    Something must be wrong with your shields, or you are getting hit by the wrong kind of missile

you can shoot missiles too by the way

The Black Hunter on
    edited December 2009
    shields are the biggest that fit on it, maybe it was a couple of missiles at once or something

also yeah I usually end up spinning around ridiculously and strafing side to side to try and dodge them as I search for the missiles then catch them at the last second and pow

L|ama on