Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Star Wars: Legacy (IC)

124»

Posts

  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eralia did her best to pace in the rather tight confines of the ship, frowning all the while. She finally turned her scowl towards the rotating derelict, as the others worked out a plan between their two small ships. She opened her mouth to complain yet again that this wasn't a proper job for a princess, before snapping it shut. They'd turned down her offer of possible aid, which seemed to be the only logical choice, so it was obvious none of the people she was stuck with had any sense at all. Why bother?

    At the moment, she was just happy they weren't sending her out there first. She turned away to pace for a few more moments as the others prepared, before plopping into one of the highly uncomfortable seats. She would have been fine at contracting someone like Waric to do the job for her, handling the negotiations and all, but she wasn't going to be any help with the dirty work. She didn't really seem to mind, of course.

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Alright, kid," Waric replied over the comm. "We'll push into the hangar as far as we can. Everyone, I'm uploading the ship blueprints to your PAN's so that you have a rough idea what the Brynn class freighter looks like on the inside. You'll notice it's a complete rip-off of the Corellian Corvette. Can't account for the total lack of ingenuity in some people."

    The ships settled into the hangar, first the Mag and then moments later the RH-Wing. Inside the hangar, upon closer inspection, little was to be found. No loading repulsors, no bay droids, not even an observation deck. It looked like this particular freighter had the absolute bare necessities and even that was saying a lot for it.

    Waric watched Krema touch down.

    "Alright, according to the readout, the access panel should be near the main entrance that goes from the bay into the heart of the transport. I want to point out that it looks like this thing is running on auxiliary power, hopefully that doesn't interfere with getting that damn bay door shut."

    [OOC: Main Entrance is 15m directly ahead of the RH-wing.]


    xs-800_light_freighter.jpg

    The hangar is #16 on the map.

    gredavin on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Krema grabbed a support beam that ran along side the main entrance doors. He hovered there, floating as he reached for the surface of the control panel. There was power, lights that ran along the surface highlighting the various functions of the display. He scanned the face of the monitor.

    Function 1: Hangar Lighting System -> offline
    Function 2: Hangar External Bay Doors -> open
    Function 3: Hangar Pressure -> Depressurized
    Function 4: Hangar Security -> Active

    ________________________

    Waric watched from the cockpit of the Mag as Krema floated over to the control panel. Seconds after the padawan made his safe journey, he stood from his seat and walked over to Vii and Eralia. "Get suited up, no one's staying behind on the ship once Krema pressurizes the hangar. We'll be much better as a team."

    He opened a small locker next to the lounge table and pulled out a toolkit. He cracked it open and started to hand out magtorches to the girls. "I'm going to assume lighting will be minimal, so keep these on you."

    gredavin on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Krema punched the holographic display and the bay doors rumbled with life, slowly crawling in their tracks. Moments later, the void of space disappeared in the eyeslit between the doors and then complete black enveloped the hangar bay. Krema could see a few scant feet by the light emanating from the panel.

    "You alright out there, Krema?" Waric asked over the PAN. "Here's some light."

    Waric fired up the front end beams and light sliced through the hanging darkness. Outside the narrow beams, the shadows lingered.

    gredavin on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A loud hum emanated from somewhere inside the hangar bay and a handful of lights flickered to dim life. Waric was right, the auxiliary power was barely enough to illuminate the massive bay, shadows still lingered in various places between the beams of weak light.

    Krema touched the Functon 4 line and was quickly prompted for a security administrator password.

    gredavin on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Vii'let took the magtorches as Waric handed them over, and then tossed one abruptly at Eralia. "Cmon princess, let's go take a look around." Eralia snatched the object as it vectored at her head and exchanged a brief scowl with the girl. Eralia quickly resumed her disinterested poise as if horribly bored, while Vii'let kept up the usual bristled attitude and turned.

    At least if she is coming along I'll be too annoyed to worry about where I am right now.

    She gripped the hilt of her lightsaber, so familiar in her hand, and drew a little resolve from it. While she wasn't particularly expecting trouble, often trouble had the audacity to find them. It doesn't hurt either that the weapon functions as an excellent tool when a stubborn hatch needs unlocking or such. Vii'let scanned the dim cargo bay for anything worth salvaging, but it appeared that anything of worth was likely already lost to the vastness of space.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eralia yelped in surprise as the object landed in her lap, before composing herself enough to exchange scowls with the other girl. Well at least she's being called by her proper title now.

    She pushed herself back up to her feet, fumbling with the tool. "What does this thing even do?" She shakes it with both hands, before glancing between the two others in the ship. "Surely you don't think I would have any sort of experience with this...work. It'd be best if I just stayed here and watched the ships. Kept an eye on the...radio...and...radar..." From the way she paused to think, it was obvious she was stretching for reasons to keep from getting her hands too dirty.

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Right, you're almost as bad as I am with that stuff," she rejected. "Waric says we're going out there and we're all going. You may not have any experience but you have Jedi training like the rest of us, I'm sure you'll manage."

    Vii'let didn't really care if Eralia pulled her own weight around the ship, she wasn't very useful herself and did her best just to not break anything. But she wouldn't be letting anyone put them all at risk, Eralia would be needed if things got serious.

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Krema stared blankly at the screen for a moment and then pried the panel face off with a spanner he kept on his belt. The screen cracked and then slid off, floating gently in the air, held in place only with the wires. He stared at the mound of cables, circuits, and memory boards for a few moments before realizing that the project was WAY above his comprehension. Fixing spaceships was one thing, rewiring a complicated computer system to override a security system was quite another. Reluctantly, he pushed the panel back and decided they'd have to worry about the security when the problem presented itself.

    After securing the plate firmly in place, Krema activated the pressurization and a thunderous roar echoed through the hangar as jets of air shot from the high ceiling of the bay. Krema's suit, despite environmental protection, pressed tightly against his body, nearly strangling him, as the hangar returned to interior conditions. Seconds after, the panel on the screen blinked and changed Function 3 status to Pressurized.

    Gravity, however, did not return.

    _____________

    Waric stared out the front window of the Bastard with his arms crossed as Krema set things right in the bay. As the room re-pressurized, the ship rumbled and he grabbed onto the back of the pilot's seat. When it subsided, Waric hit the com. "Alright, looks like pressure and gravity are two different functions. At least we can breathe."

    Waric strolled over to the loading ramp and punched the control panel. The door slowly lowered and the Mag took on the conditions of the freighter; no gravity. He walked slowly down the ramp, each step a long, floating effort until he set foot on the hangar floor and then looked back. "C'mon, girls, 2,000 creds waits for us."

    He floated out of view.

    gredavin on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eralia hastily latched onto the chair with one hand, the other still clutching the device she had no clue how to use. Her eyes widened in surprise as she started to float out of her seat, before she managed to compose herself. "They didn't even train us for this..." She complained, still somewhat surly.

    She slowly moved herself towards the ramp, keeping a tight grip on any protruding part she could use to control her movements. "What are we supposed to do in these conditions? I'm certain a...character like you, Waric, will do fine. But if I'm having trouble..." She grunted, as she pulled herself out, feet kicking as she tried to push them down onto the floor. "...I'm sure V will be next to useless."

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Kiddo, I live for this. Ahhh, takes me back," Waric replied as he grinned at Eralia. He grabbed a protruding post on the Bastard and as Krema joined them, pushed off into the direction of the entrance into the rest of the ship. "I think an order of business would be to get gravity back online. If the computer is busted, I'm gonna have to rely on you to fix it, Krema."

    Waric grabbed onto the frame of the door control and then looked back at the group. "We have no idea what's in here, so we need to keep our wits about us. It's probably best we stick together for a bit, at least until gravity is restored."

    He punched the panel and with a gentle whir from behind the door, it swished open.

    {OOC: Entering into the area with cylinders marked 10+11.}

    The room itself was empty. Debris floated about the corridor which was now dimly lit with a deep red hue from the emergency lights. On each end of the wide hall was a circular compartment with no apparent doors or means of entrance. Beyond this, the room was hollow, silence accented by an crimson half light.

    Spoiler for Vii'let and Eralia only:
    You both can hear something whirring behind the circular tubes and a second after, you are certain you heard something like gears turning.

    gredavin on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eralia managed to keep herself right-side-up as she pushed herself along. Well, at least noone that really mattered was here to see her floundering like this. She still clutched the tool in one hand, the other pressing against the wall for balance, grabbing at anything to help hold her steady. She tilted her head at the odd noise...but she's no mechanic. Ships make all sorts of weird sounds.

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "It's probably a good place to start, according to the schematic. Too bad the actual diagrams were heavily encoded or else we can find out exactly what is where," Waric said as he floated in behind Krema. "Once we get gravity back, I say we search the bay opposite of where we landed, might be some goods in there."

    The second Waric finished his sentence, the silver cylinders in the two corners of the room began to revolve lightning quick. Suddenly, there was an opening where a metallic barrier once was and standing inside each one were a pair of security droids, heavy blasters pointed at Krema and Waric.

    Security Infraction, Security Threat Level 5.... eliminate trespassers.

    Situation:
    300px-Phantom_droid.jpg The droids are two on either side, standing in the newly revealed cylinder rooms. They are going on a 10. Vii has the highest Perception, which is what is rolled to determine Initiative. Remember, Initiative is determined not individually, but by sides.

    To streamline combat, you can still take four actions (taking -1d for every action over your first) and you resolve them all in your one post. Remember, your enemies can do the same, so Initiative is very important. Movement is considered an action. (10m per action)

    gredavin on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Alarm supplanted caution as the cylinders revealed the origin of the curious noise. Vii'let's lightsaber snapped into life as she grabbed as reasonably secure of an object as she could manage. Shoulda known it's never that easy. When the Force says 'all clear' I should just count on droids.

    "Heads up!" she alerted the others, using her arm to brace her stance against the hangar's deck. Vii'let waited for a brief moment to evaluate her next move, ready to strike out with a quick push. The lack of gravity gave her pause and a little queasiness, more at her lack of experience outside of simulated zero-g than from any physical root.
    Activating my lightsaber and using it defensively for anyone in my vicinity, redirecting blaster fire if possible.

    I deducted the 1D for two actions from my Lightsaber roll, I don't remember how to roll 0D+1 :lol: so I just rolled the full 1D+1 and you can tell me what that should actually be.

    Lightsaber 4D, Control check 1D+1 (-1D not applied) (1d6.open(6)+3d6=19, 1d6.open(6)+1=3)

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Eralia floated back slightly, shocked at all the sudden noise and movement. Well, now all those odd sounds made more sense. She'd have to remember to pay more attention to her instinct...but the strange ship and lack of gravity had been very distracting. She did her best to press towards the wall and leave Vii'let and her whirling lightsaber in front of her for cover. The princess motioned with one hand, her first reaction leading her to try and disarm the humanoid robots of their blasters. With no gravity to give them weight, she feels more sure this will work than she would otherwise...
    Using Alter:Telekinesis to try and yank one or as many guns as possible from the droids.
    Alter 1d, 5

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    In the passing of two seconds, lightsabers hummed and the echo of blaster fire reverberated around the room. Two fiery red bolts streaked toward Vii, both of which were easily deflected out of harms way. She tried to redirect the shots back at the droids, but the impact was stronger than she had suspected and it threw her aim off.

    A half second later, Krema grunted as a blaster bolt tore through the inside of his right leg. Searing pain shot through his body and unconsciousness nearly claimed him. He fought the overwhelming urge to fall away into the black.
    Damage Roll: 13 vs Strength Roll: 5 = 8 (Wounded)

    Wounded Status (-1d to all checks)

    Waric floated ahead, trying to push Krema down to avert the blaster fire, making a hack attempt at a dodge. The old captain only put himself in harms way and Krema felt the weight of the man against him after taking a blaster shot to the leg. Vii and Eralia watched as the bolt passed right through his stomach and he whirled backwards from the impact, twirling unconscious toward Vii'let.

    Eralia focused her mind, trying to blot out the image of their captain getting dusted by the droids. She pulled at a weapon, extending her physical presence with the force and latching her fingers around the barrel of the blaster. She met fierce resistance as she tried to pull it towards her, and seconds later realized that she didn't have the focus she needed to disarm them.

    End of Round 1. Krema wounded, -1d to all checks. Waric, status unknown. The four droids have remained at the mouth of the cylinders.

    gredavin on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    "Waric!" She cried out, as the bolt of energy blasted right through one of her companions. She started to move towards him, before realizing the impact had already sent him tumbling towards Vii'let. Her first attempt at helping had failed, and she wasn't sure what to do. Eralia had to protect herself before she could do anything for anyone else. The tool she'd been handed was soon forgotten as she used both hands to ready her weapon.
    Dex+LS=3-1=2
    Just so everyone knows, I'll be away from the internet Thursday through Sunday for A-Kon.

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The blaster fire was too heavy to remain on the defensive. Already there were injuries, and it would be just a matter of time before the tireless droids battered her down. Vii'let sprung free of the deck, lunging directly into the corner in an attempt to close the distance and draw some fire.
    Move action to reach them if I can.
    Lightsaber roll for defense if needed, otherwise count it as my attack if I can try to disarm them by slashing through their weapons.

    Two actions, -1D. Lightsaber lunge 5D-1D (16)

    Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Vii leaped to action, pushing off from the wall and floating towards one of the droids with urgent speed. Her lightsaber hummed as she sliced downward when she neared the droid and the heat of her blade passed through its blaster and forearms. Sparks showered around Vii as the droid staggered back from the vicious slash, electricity shooting over its frame. The droid crashes to the ground, taken out of action.

    {ooc: Attack success! Damage Roll: 5d (Lightsaber) + 1d+1 (Control) = 22 vs Droid Str: 10.}

    Krema snatched up Waric as he spun towards him, flailing unconscious through the room. With care he pulled him back towards the hangar and tucked him behind the wall, away from the firefight, taking partial cover himself for now.

    Eralia realized the immediate danger after seeing Waric take a serious wound from the blaster fire. She watched as Vii slashed one into ribbons with her lightsaber and immediately felt the need to protect herself with the blade. Her lightsaber thrummed to life.

    The remaining three droids opened fire.

    The two across the hall from Vii aimed and fired, one shot at Eralia and one at Vii. Eralia blocked the bolt at the last second, the shot nearly catching her in the chest. The other, aimed at Vii, missed the mark by a large margin, but the remaining droid on her side, only a handful of meters away fired a deadly aimed bolt. Vii deflected the head shot scant milliseconds before it tore through her head and redirected it back at the robot.

    The blaster bolt hit the droid dead center mass and blasted the automaton against the wall before it collapsed to the ground.

    gredavin on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Eralia winced as the bolt came so close to her, before being bounced away harmlessly. She needed to compose herself...a princess shouldn't be this disheveled. Especially when everyone could see. She had to at least make sure Vii didn't think she was defending Eralia, or anything horrible like that. So she pushed off the way, flying towards the closest droid, trying to aid in the fight. Of course, she wasn't that good at combat, and this was her first experience without gravity...

    Reynolds on
    OGueI9Q.gif
124»
Sign In or Register to comment.