As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DVD drive recycling/disposal?

illiricaillirica Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi, folks, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question.

A few weeks ago after a long, multi-symptomatic illness, my DVD drive died. I replaced it, but I am trying to figure out what I should do with the old dead drive. I'd rather not just toss it in the trash if there are better (re: more environmentally friendly) options.

Does anyone know of a place that will take DVD drives for recycling, or is this just not done? I've tried google, but all I can find there is either DVD disposal, or hard drive disposal - nothing about the DVD drives. Perhaps my google-fu is simply weak. Sites on hard drive recycling are specifically stating that they won't take other electronics.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be happy to hear them. I live around Chicago/USA. I don't mind spending a couple bucks to mail it somewhere to be recycled if that's possible. If it's not I will just toss it out, but I thought I would see if anyone had any better ideas first.

illirica on