As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ohio Unemployment

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I was jobless over the summer for about a month and a half, and I have a much better job now. My unemployment request was denied because my previous employer was a dickbag, but I noticed on the appeal that "No benefits will be paid until the claimant obtains employment subject to an unemployment compensation law, works six weeks, earns wages of $1260, or is otherwise eligible."

That was a while ago, and I've worked longer than six weeks and earned a lot more than $1260 by now. Can I actually try and claim the unemployment that was denied to me? I'm living now, but I do desperately need the money for certain things like tires so I don't crash and burn this winter driving on my bald tires and horrific alignment. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. The unemployment form thing doesn't even have a phone number for contact. It's got an automated system, but, yeah.

Any ideas on what I should do now?

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is what makes you eligible for unemployment insurance, not what makes you eligible to get payment. i.e. it's saying that if you get laid off from the job you have right now, you're eligible for unemployment, not that you have to work six weeks before you can get unemployment from your old job.

Thanatos on