As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Costumes '10?

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Your Witch was perfect. I was standing against the wall in the hallway outside TT and you came over and started crying next to me. I was thinking, "Oh shit, flashlights off... wait should I aggro her? I don't even have a pistol. I need a Tommy gun for something like this."

Perfectly creepy :)

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I found the last photo taken of me saturday http://www.flickr.com/photos/ironhide/4469000686/

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    O___O
    Wow, I uh.... WOW. I didn't think I would be that well received. To be mentioned in the Make-A-Strip and then the favorite cosplayer of all weekend for Mike and Jerry.... I think I could die right now and be happy.
    I'm not sure it was that well received. People's opinions were that you were nuts or the most brilliant person on the face of the earth.

Well, when cosplaying the Witch I'd say that's well received, regardless. : P

Found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosyphotos/4472511602/
    Yeah...so this lady was a bit on the coo coo end

yay

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    kill_joyekill_joye Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    pax east was so fun! we did a resident evil group but could only go for one day cuz the tickets were sold out T_T but it was amazing! saw the witch from anime boston last year as well as an amazing tf2 group and fallout!! hope next year more people will dress up...

anyway we all forgot our camera so this is one of our only pictures T_T and it's after I got annoyed and took off my shoulder pads...they hurt
    2mg4j7m.jpg

kill_joye on
  • Options
    ShadowsDieAwayShadowsDieAway Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Loweryi wrote: »
    Whoever was the spy who made that dude scream like a little girl... props

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1485/img0684jq.jpg

hehe just one of my many victims

You were the spy! I saw you sneaking around behind people quite a few times and I have to say that you, sir, are awesome. Many times I wanted to give you a high-five but I was being photographed really often as well (I was Vanille and my friends were Pyramid Head, Sakura, and a splicer) so every time I saw a spy being awesome and walked towards that general direction, by the time the pictures were over the spy had gone invisible. :(

heh that's because I used my cloak to disappear. this whole weekend was frakken awesome just from tailing people lol.

if anyone has any pics or video of me as the spy or as Dr. McNinja please lemme know or post them here. I wanna know what I look like when I'm hot on the trail of my prey haha

ShadowsDieAway on
  • Options
    MidniteBlazeMidniteBlaze Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    jp182 wrote: »
    if anyone has pictures of my girlfriend can you post them?
    she was dressed as Franziska Von Karma from the Ace Attorney Series. She didn't have a wig and she's a tiny asian girl.

Somehow we only got one picture of her while she was dressed up and I know a few people took pics of her.

I have a pic of her on my camera somewhere. I was the girl in the "Objection!" t- shirt so I thought it was awesome that someone was dressed as Franziska! haha. I'll post a link to it sometime tonight after I get out of work.. ^_^

MidniteBlaze on
  • Options
    SoyduckSoyduck Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jp182 wrote: »
    if anyone has pictures of my girlfriend can you post them?
    she was dressed as Franziska Von Karma from the Ace Attorney Series. She didn't have a wig and she's a tiny asian girl.

Somehow we only got one picture of her while she was dressed up and I know a few people took pics of her.

I have a pic of her on my camera somewhere. I was the girl in the "Objection!" t- shirt so I thought it was awesome that someone was dressed as Franziska! haha. I'll post a link to it sometime tonight after I get out of work.. ^_^

OH! I also got a picture of her, but it's from kind of far away. I was in line for PAX apparel and saw her walking through the main lobby. It's on my phone ... which I dropped in the loo at a gas station on our long journey from Boston to Ohio ... so I haven't attempted to turn it back on yet :x But if my phone is still working after it dries out, I'll definitely post it!

P.S. Midnite Blaze, we chatted for a moment! I loved your shirt :mrgreen: But I'm sure lotsa people did!

Soyduck on
  • Options
    KestreKestre Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    crimsong19 wrote: »
    True, true. But the 10th (dwot on the Forum) and the 4th Doctors, along with Codex (aerynkelly on the Forum) and Kilo from Dollhouse were pretty solid.

Thanks for the shout-out :) I was Kilo from Dollhouse, Epitaph 2. Had about four people recognize me, which I appreciated! Of course my boyfriend (4th Doctor) got stopped about two dozen times for photos on Saturday. He enjoyed it! I think next year we need a more specific spot than the Main Lobby. And a sign. And posters on Friday telling people where to show up on Saturday and when. :)

http://twitpic.com/1bfxpw - My outfit
    http://twitpic.com/1bfxv7 - Close-up

Kestre on
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Kestre wrote: »
    True, true. But the 10th (dwot on the Forum) and the 4th Doctors, along with Codex (aerynkelly on the Forum) and Kilo from Dollhouse were pretty solid.

Thanks for the shout-out :) I was Kilo from Dollhouse, Epitaph 2. Had about four people recognize me, which I appreciated! Of course my boyfriend (4th Doctor) got stopped about two dozen times for photos on Saturday. He enjoyed it! I think next year we need a more specific spot than the Main Lobby. And a sign. And posters on Friday telling people where to show up on Saturday and when. :)

your costume looked familiar but I couldn't place it - I love Dollhouse but definitely missed who you were dressed as

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    mei0023mei0023 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    Kestre wrote: »

your costume looked familiar but I couldn't place it - I love Dollhouse but definitely missed who you were dressed as

Ditto! I saw you guys peering out of the Dante's Inferno booth and I started running through the list of Companions, trying to figure out what season I'd missed :P But awesome job for both of you!

mei0023 on
    XBL: s0ph14 | Currently playing: Bioshock 2 | On tap: Ocarina of Time
  • Options
    [egd] Succubus[egd] Succubus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

You were the spy! I saw you sneaking around behind people quite a few times and I have to say that you, sir, are awesome. Many times I wanted to give you a high-five but I was being photographed really often as well (I was Vanille and my friends were Pyramid Head, Sakura, and a splicer) so every time I saw a spy being awesome and walked towards that general direction, by the time the pictures were over the spy had gone invisible. :(

heh that's because I used my cloak to disappear. this whole weekend was frakken awesome just from tailing people lol.

if anyone has any pics or video of me as the spy or as Dr. McNinja please lemme know or post them here. I wanna know what I look like when I'm hot on the trail of my prey haha

Hey spy, it's red scout! Your Dr. McNinja costume was in Kotaku's cosplay gallery.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/pax-east-cosplay-gallery-day-three/

Add me on Steam already, dammit! >:[

[egd] Succubus on
  • Options
    ROFLROFL Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    if anyone has pictures of Neku and Joshua from sunday, please post them! The Joshua would like to see them :3

ROFL on
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    During that make-a-strip where Mike commented on the Witch, and the security guard not knowing what to do, the next person up to the microphone told him he should have had the security guard turn off his flashlight, which I thought was hilarious.

Also one of my friends got a good picture of Pyramid Head which I will ask him for and post

Gundabad on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I found this video on Youtube, not sure if it's you or if it's some other spy, but there is a spy tailing someone in the beginning of this video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6te1PLXo84

Loweryi on
  • Options
    chuckmchuckm Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hey! My friend has an AWESOME video of you sneaking behind someone. Sent him the link to this thread. Hopefully he'll post it somewhere.

chuckm on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I went as Mudkip.. and I was placed on the front of the Anamanaguchi website along with a Video Recorded by Anamanaguchi... Problem was, I was blind and didn't even know they were talking to me--UNTIL my friends told me AFTER I was DONE!!!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I went as Mudkip.. and I was placed on the front of the Anamanaguchi website along with a Video Recorded by Anamanaguchi... Problem was, I was blind and didn't even know they were talking to me--UNTIL my friends told me AFTER I was DONE!!!

You were the Mudkip?! Ha ha! My friend got a picture of you! Hold on! *goes and finds picture* 25334_381611519379_503584379_3520402_5743126_n.jpg

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    Mad_Scientist_WorkingMad_Scientist_Working Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Axon wrote: »
    O___O
    Wow, I uh.... WOW. I didn't think I would be that well received. To be mentioned in the Make-A-Strip and then the favorite cosplayer of all weekend for Mike and Jerry.... I think I could die right now and be happy.
    I'm not sure it was that well received. People's opinions were that you were nuts or the most brilliant person on the face of the earth.

Don't hate, her costume was awesome.
    Who said anything about the costume....

Mad_Scientist_Working on
  • Options
    ShadowsDieAwayShadowsDieAway Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Hey spy, it's red scout! Your Dr. McNinja costume was in Kotaku's cosplay gallery.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/03/pax-east-cosplay-gallery-day-three/

Add me on Steam already, dammit! >:[

i will!!! haha i'll add you right now

and yes that was me in the beginning of that video lol. gotta love candid shots

ShadowsDieAway on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I went as Mudkip.. and I was placed on the front of the Anamanaguchi website along with a ... Problem was, I was blind and didn't even know they were talking to me--UNTIL my friends told me AFTER I was DONE!!!

You were the Mudkip?! Ha ha! My friend got a picture of you! Hold on! *goes and finds picture*
    25334_381611519379_503584379_3520402_5743126_n.jpg

Yep... was my head seriously tilted like that the WHOLE time? Being a BLIND Mudkip makes it hard to notice that shtuff in the mirror ;p.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Drain wrote: »
    Your Witch was perfect. I was standing against the wall in the hallway outside TT and you came over and started crying next to me. I was thinking, "Oh shit, flashlights off... wait should I aggro her? I don't even have a pistol. I need a Tommy gun for something like this."

Ohhh were you the cosplayer with the mask/glowing blue eyes? (Don't know which game, sorry) Cause that was awesome. : )

@Wingedillidan: Oh man I wish I saw you!

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    sykomonkeysykomonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just doing some trolling for Sweetums pics :^) I know there oly several hundred of them out there.
    Tag them @sykomonkey if you don't mind.

Thanks.

sykomonkey on
  • Options
    smidgemcduffsmidgemcduff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My girlfriend and I went as Varian Wrynn and Jaina Proudmoore. The only problem was that we only really got one shot of ourselves. I know a bunch of people out there took pictures of us.

img0455c.jpg

Please send me a message if you have one.

smidgemcduff on
  • Options
    archer823archer823 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I just put up what I got of you spying on day 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsN3ANlGhw0

archer823 on
  • Options
    Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My girlfriend and I went as Varian Wrynn and Jaina Proudmoore. The only problem was that we only really got one shot of ourselves. I know a bunch of people out there took pictures of us.

img0455c.jpg

I don't have a pic, but seeing you play Rock Band on the Freeplay stage cracked me up. Especially since you had the itty bitty GH controller and the XBOXHUEG shoulders.

Andrew Tatro on
  • Options
    MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    My boyfriend and I both cosplayed, he was Louis form l4d which was very recognizable, and I was in an old deviate fish pirate costume that I had made for BlizzCon 08. I had assumed with so many wow fans, people would recognize the costume, which unfortunately was not the case. I'm not too bummed; not many people even cook deviate fish anymore, so the costume's sort of faded into the background, even ingame. I guess it's time to move onto bigger and better things. :)

Anyway, if anyone has photos of either me or Louis, can you please let me know?

Maiu on
  • Options
    LoweryiLoweryi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @Smidgemcduff
    It's not my pic, but I found this pic of you guys on /cgl/. :)
    WoWMaybe.jpg

Loweryi on
  • Options
    ZephsaceZephsace Gaming Mistress NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys! PAX was EPIC! I'm sorry I missed the Wyrnn and Jaina, but say pretty much everyone else! So many great cosplays! I loved you Witch! I'm sorry you couldn't get in Saturday.

Anyone with awesome pics of Auron and Ezio? We got jumped soooo many times, but it was fun seeing all of the people happy to get great pictures! Much love to everyone!

Zephsace on
  • Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

img0455c.jpg

I saw you guys and hoped someone got a picture! Really awesome costumes! Those shoulders must've got to be a pain by the end of the day, though!

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    BetaMasturBetaMastur Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Here's one of me with you guys. Great costumes!

wowox.jpg

BetaMastur on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aaand one of me with Bayonetta. For perspective, I'm a little under 6 feet tall in my heels here.

bayonettal.jpg

BetaMastur on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    One final pic of me with my lovely wife dressed as Lara Croft.

laraoj.jpg

BetaMastur on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Drain wrote: »

Ohhh were you the cosplayer with the mask/glowing blue eyes? (Don't know which game, sorry) Cause that was awesome. : )

@Wingedillidan: Oh man I wish I saw you!

Oh yeah, being that I was blind.. I was only available for about 1-2 hours on Saturday until I started wondering about what was going on in the world of PAX, and started to overheat. And I was so fucking scared of ESCALATORS!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    dwotdwot Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah, being that I was blind.. I was only available for about 1-2 hours on Saturday until I started wondering about what was going on in the world of PAX, and started to overheat. And I was so fucking scared of ESCALATORS!

Escalators are serious business, the Doctor's coat had me on guard all day Saturday.

dwot on
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've got a handful of better quality SLR pics I'll hopefully post soon, but for now here's my crappy iPhone shots:

@sykomonkey For those of you youngins who may not know who Sweetums is, here's a pic of him at PAX (with someone who is not me):
    img0344ts.jpg

Totoro looks more dejected than usual because he* (*in this case she) had just redonned her costume and was having wardrobe malfunctions. Knowing several people were waiting to snap a picture she gave up and settled for a dejected pose. :)
    img0341ut.jpg

Zelda and Medli:
    img0335x.jpg

Cammy on duty in the main hallway:
    img0334wu.jpg

Morrigan and Sephiroth posing politely despite the GIGANTIC MASSIVE CROWD of paparazzi following them wherever they go:
    img0328x.jpg

Someone from a PS3 version of Dead Space walking around:
    img0320ii.jpg

Fruit Fucker was getting a lot of attention. The photo can't show it but he's gyrating those hips as any self respecting Fruit Fucker would:
    img0315ilk.jpg

Not sure who she was dressed as, and I was on the way to a panel so I couldn't stop for a better picture:
    img0299sh.jpg

The 18 foot tall Bayonetta that's been getting so much attention:
    img0313ir.jpg

Huge genuine thank you to all you cosplayers out there. It must be hard to enjoy the show only being able to take 2 steps before getting mobbed again, but you guys really add to the fun of the show!

wonderpug on
  • Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    dwot wrote: »

Escalators are serious business, the Doctor's coat had me on guard all day Saturday.

Escalators were SO fun to be in-character on: the people behind/in front of me couldn't get away. : P They had to stand there, waiting to get off, while watching me huddle in a corner weeping. Some took pictures, but most had a horrified "what do I do??" look exchanged with whoever was next to them. It was amusing, to say the least.

RainbowTunnel on
  • Options
    kihukihu Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't run into too many cosplayers (probably spent too much time holed up in freeplay rooms haha) but here's a few from my camera:

pax5.png

pax2.png

Loved the Bayonetta:
    pax6.png

Chicken playing CS:
    pax1.png

Also very impressive:
    pax4.png

And for those of you wondering about the witch, one of my friends literally startled her :P And she was a great sport and stayed in character, so mad props to her:
    witch.png

kihu on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dwot wrote: »

Escalators were SO fun to be in-character on: the people behind/in front of me couldn't get away. : P They had to stand there, waiting to get off, while watching me huddle in a corner weeping. Some took pictures, but most had a horrified "what do I do??" look exchanged with whoever was next to them. It was amusing, to say the least.

But they are NOT fun when you are a blind Pokemon trusting his misfit friends on movement... I could've been killed!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This is the only pic of me that I found so far 0624.500x_5F00_027_2D00_1280.jpg

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • Options
    mei0023mei0023 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kihu wrote: »
    Also very impressive:
    pax4.png

I love that the gun was almost as big as the kid. His wife was around with him too and kept calling the kid over with the gun... great stuff!

mei0023 on
    XBL: s0ph14 | Currently playing: Bioshock 2 | On tap: Ocarina of Time
This discussion has been closed.