As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Confused by the story? Right this way. (NSF56K)

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You take that back. Sleight of Hand is the shit with noob tube/LMG classes.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I never said I didn't like it; the mini uzi has a long reload time, so SOH is pretty sweet. But after such a long time with Scavenger I really got used to it. ESPECIALLY since I use C4 so often.

Nothing beats killing people at the point with C4 and refilling it with the loot from the corpses. Rinse and repeat.

Michael H on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Michael H wrote: »
    I never said I didn't like it; the mini uzi has a long reload time, so SOH is pretty sweet. But after such a long time with Scavenger I really got used to it. ESPECIALLY since I use C4 so often.

Nothing beats killing people at the point with C4 and refilling it with the loot from the corpses. Rinse and repeat.

Or just having two C4 on a control point at the same time. It makes it easy to hide them around the edges. If you just have one and put it around the edge, there is a chance you won't kill the guy taking the point.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The Uzi is completely broken, guys. I had never used it before and decided to give it a try and went 35/17 on Favela.

You pull the trigger and everything in front of it just dies.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Or just having two C4 on a control point at the same time. It makes it easy to hide them around the edges. If you just have one and put it around the edge, there is a chance you won't kill the guy taking the point.

That's why I have Danger Close.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Well, if the only 2-claymore rule still applies with the OMA perk, then I guess I don't need it. I do ok keeping my minefields up with scavenger.

OMA allows you never ever to leave your camping spot to get additional claymores and possibly get shot in the process

It also allows for infinite 203's which drives the other team fucking nuts

I actually rarely get shot doing this, I simply resupply off the corpses of my victims. Having a silenced weapon really helps, as other guys don't even realize that I shot someone there.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    The Uzi is completely broken, guys. I had never used it before and decided to give it a try and went 35/17 on Favela.

I don't see myself using any other SMG's, especially as the AR's are just as good for CQB, the UZI pisses on the MP5K, Vector, P90 etc... for run and gun.

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Willeth wrote: »

Why not do both?

My wife is usually in the room when I play and knows when I get a C4 kill because I cackle.

Michael H on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Venkman90 wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »

I don't see myself using any other SMG's, especially as the AR's are just as good for CQB, the UZI pisses on the MP5K, Vector, P90 etc... for run and gun.

And yet Akimbo Uzis wasn't as fun as I was anticipating. Went back to the red dot sight.

Michael H on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm trying to replace my M1014 with the single 1887. So far it's working out fairly well. The lever action after each shell is fired is a little frustrating though. I suppose the range makes up for it though.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    i gave up on ADS for the uzi

it's lethal enough without it

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm trying to replace my M1014 with the single 1887. So far it's working out fairly well. The lever action after each shell is fired is a little frustrating though. I suppose the range makes up for it though.

it's basically a slower, longer ranged SPAS

it's great if you plan on using shotguns as a main weapon, but as backup, or using it as a room-clearing tool against multiple opponents, bad bad bad

akimbo 1887's are good at both these tasks

Nuzak on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nuzak wrote: »

it's basically a slower, longer ranged SPAS

it's great if you plan on using shotguns as a main weapon, but as backup, or using it as a room-clearing tool against multiple opponents, bad bad bad

akimbo 1887's are good at both these tasks

Akimbo 1887s are good at literally everything.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I am starting to adore the single 1887, just cause it feels so classy.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedcatRedcat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lord Yod wrote: »

I am starting to adore the single 1887, just cause it feels so classy.

Oh man how many kills do you need with it before they let you carry just one?

Redcat on
    360 Metatag for Borderlands: PA Borderwangs
    My 360 tag: Redcat Rising
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think I unlocked it by knifing 25 dog rapists.

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have an AMAZING amount of fun with the PA crew while playing this, but sometimes the whole "I am the only one with yellow ping and it is clear as day that I just died because of that" thing wears really really thin and I just have to stop playing.

Like I said, build servers on an island in the Atlantic. :P

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Why not do both?

My wife is usually in the room when I play and knows when I get a C4 kill because I cackle.
    Danger Close allows you to have a pack on each of two points and still have a decent chance of killing.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I have an AMAZING amount of fun with the PA crew while playing this, but sometimes the whole "I am the only one with yellow ping and it is clear as day that I just died because of that" thing wears really really thin and I just have to stop playing.

Red ping makes me cry. I sometimes watch myself from my killer's view flailing around with my combat knife. Not that my bad ping is why I suck. It's just why I can barely get 0.5 K : D

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    totallytotally Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Finally picked this up for 360, sent my request to the meta tag. I still need to get the controls sorted so I prolly will not be doing any multiplayer till tomorrow. Looking forward to playing with you lot.

and heh, Oscar Mike! Oscar Mike! Platoon is Oscar Mike!

totally on
    GT: totallyrobot GSID: totallytotally
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    totally wrote: »
    Finally picked this up for 360, sent my request to the meta tag. I still need to get the controls sorted so I prolly will not be doing any multiplayer till tomorrow. Looking forward to playing with you lot.

I admit some confusion regarding a "meta tag". Is sending an invite to it just like sending one to a gamertag?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    ChairborneChairborne Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

WE ARE OSCAR MIKE!

I never heard that phrase in a year of Army training. Admittedly, a brief experience, but it was always rolling out, and then you were Charlie Mike.

Of course, we shot people with akimbo shotguns from the 19th century all the time at BOLC II.

Chairborne on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    charlie mike?

what the fuck is that

con the move?

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm about to hop on the PS3 soon, my PSN ID is Apollo821

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I admit some confusion regarding a "meta tag". Is sending an invite to it just like sending one to a gamertag?

Well, seeing how a meta tag is a gamertag, how else would you do it?

Pray really hard?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Pray really hard?

I'm not the religious sort, but with Microsoft products every bit helps.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You can indeed swap to the same class.

man what

well that's broken

Not really. You give up your tier 1 perk and your secondary weapon in order to do it, and it takes long enough to leave you significantly vulnerable.

I agree. With scavenger you have infinite ammo/grenades, you just have to run over a few packs. With OMA, you have infinite ammo, you just have to give up a perk+secondary weapon+3 seconds. The only time where I thought OMA was broken was when some asshat glitched himself on top of the highrise roof. He would noobtube, throw a few grenades, then OMA and repeat the process.

You know that isn't a glitch, right? Like, people are supposed to be able to get up there. If they weren't than one side of the map would be way over powered since you can (just as) easily get on the 2nd floor of the building.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Pray really hard?

I'm not the religious sort, but with Microsoft products every bit helps.

Metatags are just normal gamer tags. However nobody actually plays them. You just get on the friends list of one then anyone else on the metatag can see what you are playing via the Show Friends feature.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The XBL zerg was failing pretty hard at taking cover today. My AC130s were loving it.

Wrapped up with a 37-1 finish on Afghan. Only death was to my own Harriers. Was far enough away to survive normally, but I had Danger Close Pro equipped. Whoops!

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Man that conversation was awesome

Guy"One of you guys sound gay"
    Klyka" You see that's because we all suck penis...now that I think about its called blowing but it really is more of a sucking motion"

I laughed so hard. Hell that guy left so fast we didnt even notice until later.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    charlie mike?

what the fuck is that

con the move?

Convoy moving?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

man what

well that's broken

Not really. You give up your tier 1 perk and your secondary weapon in order to do it, and it takes long enough to leave you significantly vulnerable.

I agree. With scavenger you have infinite ammo/grenades, you just have to run over a few packs. With OMA, you have infinite ammo, you just have to give up a perk+secondary weapon+3 seconds. The only time where I thought OMA was broken was when some asshat glitched himself on top of the highrise roof. He would noobtube, throw a few grenades, then OMA and repeat the process.

You know that isn't a glitch, right? Like, people are supposed to be able to get up there. If they weren't than one side of the map would be way over powered since you can (just as) easily get on the 2nd floor of the building.

Yeah, definately not a glitch.

It's also incredibly suicidal if the other team is paying even a little bit of attention but it's definately not a glitch.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Man that conversation was awesome

Guy"One of you guys sound gay"
    Klyka" You see that's because we all suck penis...now that I think about its called blowing but it really is more of a sucking motion"

I laughed so hard. Hell that guy left so fast we didnt even notice until later.

Haha,actually that "more like sucking" comment was later,when that dude was blowing into his mic and someone said "he is training for later when his boyfriend comes home".

When the dude said "Gray Adder sounds gay" we all went into some weird ass "gay voice" banter and everyone was all like "OMG I SUCKED A DICK YESTERDAY; SO AWESOME".

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

man what

well that's broken

Correct - not a glitch.

It's pretty hard to do, too. You have to get good at the initial jump, which is pretty tricky at first. I can hit it every single time now, but at least half the time it doesn't matter.

Why? Because it is REALLY EASY to notice a dude shimmying along the ledge from across the map. It is not remotely uncommon to be shot and killed within seconds of exposing your crouching form scooting at a height where just about anyone can shoot you from about half the map.

Also, some tips if a guy is up there snipin' yo ass -

First, shoot him. Since it is not a glitch, it plays by the rule of 'if he can see you, you can see him' and therefore shoot his ass.

Second, throw a grenade up there. If you don't hit him there is a pretty good chance of hitting his tac insert and then he is boned when he does die.

Third - see that huge tank of flammable shit behind him? Yeah, shoot that. It explodes gloriously.

hjparcins on
  • Options
    JMT_AOTPJMT_AOTP Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    where do i find 360 users gamertags so i can invite?

JMT_AOTP on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Naw, grab a sniper rifle and leave him up there. People stick out really badly when trying to snipe off of that ledge. Kill him over and over for free exp :D

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    charlie mike?

what the fuck is that

con the move?

Convoy moving?

Continue Mission, I thought...

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    totallytotally Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    JMT_AOTP wrote: »
    where do i find 360 users gamertags so i can invite?

Send a friend invite to PA MW2 then look at friends of friends. I think that whoever is running it is afk for the weekend unfortunately.

Almost done with the single player campaign, think I am going to look for some people to do MP with and play till the wee hours

totally on
    GT: totallyrobot GSID: totallytotally
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just had the weirdest shit ever happen.

I went to join a Demo game... and then I get somehow into a map that says it's Hardcore HQ Ricochet Pro or some shit.

But it's in Rust. And there's 9 people on each team.

And there's a UI.

And it's Domination. With a ridiculously high cap amount and no sort of timer.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Caedere wrote: »
    I just had the weirdest shit ever happen.

I went to join a Demo game... and then I get somehow into a map that says it's Hardcore HQ Ricochet Pro or some shit.

But it's in Rust. And there's 9 people on each team.

And there's a UI.

And it's Domination. With a ridiculously high cap amount and no sort of timer.

Apparently people found a way to glitch playlists and set up their own little crazy game of crazy.

We got into two of those tonight.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg