As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Confused by the story? Right this way. (NSF56K)

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I just noticed I have never played a game on Rust. Is it absent from the PC version? Is it restricted to a game mode I haven't played?

Well at launch it only appeared in the smaller playlists ( FFA , team tactical) but now it shows up in team deathmatch very rarely.

You're not missing much. Playing Rust is like playing 'smear my face in a pile of dog shit'.

I mean sure, you might win. But in the end everyone loses.

Too bad we don't have dedicated servers. I really wish I could play 40 player Rust.

40 player Wasteland would be pretty great.

I'd imagine the lower tunnels would be basically a warren of death.

Between C4/grenades in the tunnels and snipers outside, the entire map would be a cemetery.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Who was it who mentioned M21 with Agog being amazing?

Because it's amazing.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    More of you guys need to do hardcore. Seriously good times but seems like I'm the only one up for it.

Amen. I have a hard time getting my head around the pages and pages of dog rapists and witches, since it's been weeks since I've had to deal with either. It's a beautiful thing.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is anyone playing on the 360 tonight?

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Domhnall wrote: »

I will be in a few hours.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I will be but fuck new people. :P

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So after reading a story synopsis on wikipedia, I finally understand the plot. However, there is still one thing that had not been explained to me:
    Why did Shepherd betray you? There doesn't seem to be any explanation given, or if there is, I just don't understand it. Can anyone explain to me why he kills roach and ghost?

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »

D:

I quite like hardcore TDM. It forces me to not sprint everywhere which is forcibly making me survive. Annoyingly though I got knifed by my own team mate who spent the entire game talking about a monkey trying to control his brain when I was one kill away from calling in a copter. The lack of map when people make noises is kind of annoying too but I think the entire enemy team bar one having cold blooded may have emphasized that.

Point being I used a predator missile and coudnt see anything so it went to waste; in general is a sentry gun better to have on hardcore?

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So after reading a story synopsis on wikipedia, I finally understand the plot. However, there is still one thing that had not been explained to me:
    Why did Shepherd betray you? There doesn't seem to be any explanation given, or if there is, I just don't understand it. Can anyone explain to me why he kills roach and ghost?
    Shepherd was working with makarov to start a war with russia, which is why he got Allen into makarov's group. They slaughter a bunch of russians and kill Allen to make new bad russia really pissed off and start a war. When Task Force 141 is raiding makarov's safehouse they download all Makarov's info on deals he had with Shepherd, so when they give the data to Shepherd he kills them/incriminates them in order to make sure they don't figure out he was behind the war.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wow, he's even more of a douchebag than I though :\

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Shepherd was working with makarov to start a war with russia, which is why he got Allen into makarov's group. They slaughter a bunch of russians and kill Allen to make new bad russia really pissed off and start a war. When Task Force 141 is raiding makarov's safehouse they download all Makarov's info on deals he had with Shepherd, so when they give the data to Shepherd he kills them/incriminates them in order to make sure they don't figure out he was behind the war.
    And the reason he's behind it is, as far as I can make out, as retribution for all the people killed with the nuke in the first game pointlessly - so he sets up America to look like the bad guy to try and remove them as the dominant power, which he doesn't think they should be.

Also regarding Ghost (ending spoilers)
    Leitner mentioned he's probably going to be the MW Carmine, as in every game there's going to be a guy with the same voice actor who eventually dies.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    And the reason he's behind it is, as far as I can make out, as retribution for all the people killed with the nuke in the first game pointlessly - so he sets up America to look like the bad guy to try and remove them as the dominant power, which he doesn't think they should be.

Not really, no.
    He does it so that "there will be no shortage of patriots" I guess the military was having recruiting problems or something after a whole bunch of them got nuked.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, sorry about rage quitting. Be back on in a second, just needed a quick break and a Monster.

Fuck 3 bar connections. Their 4 bar shotguns > my shotguns.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Not really, no.
    He does it so that "there will be no shortage of patriots" I guess the military was having recruiting problems or something after a whole bunch of them got nuked.

man, what?
    His motive is not because 30,000 troops died, it's because 30,000 troops died and nobody fucking cared. He decided that the only way to make america give a damn was to get our shit kicked in by the russians.

"No shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots" means everyone will start giving a damn and join the military so we can kick russia's ass.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's obvious you're all wrong. Uncle Sam slept with Shepherds wife.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

And Russia WATCHED.

Then the Middle East jumped into the bed and his wife was never the same again.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Uncle Sam wants YOU!
    to join his stars and stripes undercover tour...
    I... I've got nothing.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Not really, no.

man, what?
    His motive is not because 30,000 troops died, it's because 30,000 troops died and nobody fucking cared. He decided that the only way to make america give a damn was to get our shit kicked in by the russians.

"No shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots" means everyone will start giving a damn and join the military so we can kick russia's ass.

I know.

I wasn't trying to explain it, just disputing Willeth's explination and making a joke.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    domination on rust is hilarrible

pick up your best grenade launcher class, and hope you don't get spawned in front a bullet while it's in transit

anybody who even thinks of standing still on the point is blown up by everyone

Nuzak on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

D:

I quite like hardcore TDM. It forces me to not sprint everywhere which is forcibly making me survive. Annoyingly though I got knifed by my own team mate who spent the entire game talking about a monkey trying to control his brain when I was one kill away from calling in a copter. The lack of map when people make noises is kind of annoying too but I think the entire enemy team bar one having cold blooded may have emphasized that.

Point being I used a predator missile and coudnt see anything so it went to waste; in general is a sentry gun better to have on hardcore?

Killstreaks in general are really weak in hardcore because a) they're a lot harder to get and b) almost everyone is running cold blooded. The sentry gun isn't any better, because it can't see cold-blooded folks either. The best thing to do is get a feel for yours and your teammates' positions before firing the predator, then guide it toward the other area of the map; you should be able to pick up a guy or two without the thermals.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So why am I joining a domination game only to go into a max player free-for all on rust? I ended up just spawning, holding the trigger down and spinning until I died. Ended up with 34 kills.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Matchmaking gllitchers. Soon enough there will be Main Menu glitchers that get you the Black Skull without any work.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Because some people found out about yet another glitch and abusing glitches seems to be why a large number of people play this game.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    With the netcode of this game anything is possible.

jonny439 on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wanna glitch to prestige 10

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wanna glitch to prestige 10

It wont help with the aimbots.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I get an aimbotter once every two hours

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    What's the "Black Skull"?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

One of the more mundane sexual positions.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    black-skull dat ho

Nuzak on
  • Options
    underdonkunderdonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

http://www.myspace.com/blackskullsquadron

underdonk on
    Back in the day, bucko, we just had an A and a B button... and we liked it.
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

You'd think a German would know that.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    chasm wrote: »

You'd think a German would know that.

I think in German it's known as something else.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anybody else having connection issues tonight?

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • Options
    Mr FoxMr Fox Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    baby, I've always got connection issues :winky:

Mr Fox on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I negotiated hosts with your mom last night.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I like my women the way I like my connection. With issues.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I went on a run of about four games with unplayable lag tonight.

Really liking hardcore TDM though. I'm not any better at this game and I still do die a lot but they're annoying deaths and not bullshit deaths. I haven't been killed by an akimbo user that I've shot multiple times ever! The slower pace is also really cool. Well, there was the time when I spawned in front of an enemy (with my back to him) twice in a row but that's more stupid spawning than Hardcore. Scrapyard can bugger off, basically.

Famas + acog is great. Shame the thermal vision was complete pants.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    Mr FoxMr Fox Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Just played headquarters for the first time
    NOBODY on my team tried capping the point except me.
    We got 5 whole points D:

Mr Fox on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ugh, why does the Scar kick like a donkey you've just violated from behind? I decided on this prestige through to get the scar titles, and it's just a bullshit weapon for anything but mid range or less if I'm not in hardcore.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.