Options

Of The Year

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    uh you know you guys are reading into that ratatouille speech wrong right

it's not that deep

he's saying that someone's creation is always going to be more meaningful than some guy saying whether or not he liked it

Rane has a good record of being right tonight

Sheri on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

it's not that deep

he's saying that someone's creation is always going to be more meaningful than some guy saying whether or not he liked it

People always read deep into shit, Rane. Jesus said some shit to some assholes who needed a reality check and look where we are now.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I still think Toy Story is the best but maybe that's just because of nostalgia.

Food on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    PS - Olive the Other Reindeer is amazing

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Food wrote: »

OH MY GOD HOW DID WE ALL FORGET TOY STORY

Sheri on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am not sure if I should love or hate WALL-E for making Hello Dolly's music enjoyable. I mean it was brilliant but I fucking hate Hello Dolly.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been trying for two days now to get this fucking piece of shit achievement on Dead Rising and it's making me incredibly edgy and bitter.

Nikki has abandoned me in the bedroom as I stare blankly at Frank, not moving for 20 mins at a time. Good for her. She doesn't need to witness the crumbling of a man.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My favorite christmas movie is Die Hard

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY

hi woody

natek on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    people reading too deep into stuff has always been a pet peeve of mine

guys maybe shakespeare really didn't mean that the flowers reminded him of the morning sun striking a castle and man's spirit from building that castle is tied to stanza 17 where he works on a railroad and is afraid of tigers

maybe he needed a color that rhymed with "hello"

Raneados on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sheri wrote: »

I didn't forget it. It ranks in the middle or so. It's got a lot of nostalgic value, but it doesn't hold up to the Pixar greats.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

it's not that deep

Well my question is if some makes absolute crap, isn't it somewhat important for someone else to tell me to stay away from it?

While I agree that critiques should not just be page long comments about how somebody hates something (and I think this is far more of a fictional situation than a reality) it doesn't mean they aren't useful and can't carry meaning. (ie. don't try the crayfish)

Blake T on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    I've been trying for two days now to get this fucking piece of shit achievement on Dead Rising and it's making me incredibly edgy and bitter.

Nikki has abandoned me in the bedroom as I stare blankly at Frank, not moving for 20 mins at a time. Good for her. She doesn't need to witness the crumbling of a man.

which one

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I didn't forget! I specified 'from this decade'

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    5 and 7 day survivor

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

What do you need to do?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

it's not that deep

Well my question is if some makes absolute crap, isn't it somewhat important for someone else to tell me to stay away from it?

While I agree that critiques should not just be page long comments about how somebody hates something (and I think this is far more of a fictional situation than a reality) it doesn't mean they aren't useful and can't carry meaning. (ie. don't try the crayfish)

that has nothing to do with the message of that speech though

Raneados on
  • Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

hahahahahaha

that song renders everything absurd. i can have the worst day and thinking of that song will brighten me up.

balerbower on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

it's not that deep

He was saying how unimportant the role of the critique was. And no matter what the actual content is about is always far more important than the critique. I say otherwise.

I say it has a role just as important, because if it is great than it should be talked about, if it is not, people should know so they can avoid it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

What do you need to do?

stand still for 14 hours eating every 22mins and 35secs.

thats 14 real hours

and last night I fell asleep at 4 days, 23 hours, 15mins..... 45 game minutes fromt eh first achievement and he starved to death with a FUCKING PIZZA IN HIS HAND AND WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU EAT ITYOUSTUPIDFUCKINGPHOTOJORNALISTYOUGODDAMNPIECEOFTRASHFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    guys did you see this thing rob made? it is super cool
    tumblr_kt1rd5jMtJ1qaoobko1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1260855275&Signature=zTD0OZDun4pj9RsNW%2BL1DCo4wHE%3D

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Tabasco wrote: »

I didn't forget it. It ranks in the middle or so. It's got a lot of nostalgic value, but it doesn't hold up to the Pixar greats.

This

This is so wrong

Sheri on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

How about his facial expression when Putin personally told him "oh hai by the way we invaded Georgia. No, not your Georgia, our Georgia."

GD8287789U-4454.jpg

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

What do you need to do?

thats 14 real hours

and last night I fell asleep at 4 days, 23 hours, 15mins..... 45 game minutes fromt eh first achievement and he starved to death with a FUCKING PIZZA IN HIS HAND AND WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU EAT ITYOUSTUPIDFUCKINGPHOTOJORNALISTYOUGODDAMNPIECEOFTRASHFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Can't you pause it or somethin

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

What do you need to do?

thats 14 real hours

stale I gotta say

this is a stupid and pointless thing to do

natek on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2009

hahaha what

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why even go for Achievements when they stop being fun?

Standing still for 14 hours? You paid money to do that?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

How indeed

Javen on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    guys did you see this thing rob made? it is super cool
    tumblr_kt1rd5jMtJ1qaoobko1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1260855275&Signature=zTD0OZDun4pj9RsNW%2BL1DCo4wHE%3D

:o

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Javen wrote: »

How indeed

Well clearly it's cuz you weren't around

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

it's not that deep

He was saying how unimportant the role of the critique was. And no matter what the actual content is about is always far more important than the critique. I say otherwise.

I say it has a role just as important, because if it is great than it should be talked about, if it is not, people should know so they can avoid it.

it's not supposed to be a question of whether someone warning people about something is supposed to be important

he's not saying that critique is useless

he's saying that, in the bigger picture, someone's creation is worth more than another person saying whether or not they approve of the creation

I'm not explaining this well, apparently

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

it's not that deep

it's not supposed to be a question of whether someone warning people about something is supposed to be important

he's not saying that critique is useless

he's saying that, in the bigger picture, someone's creation is worth more than another person saying whether or not they approve of the creation

I'm not explaining this well, apparently

No, you're explaining it fine. I think he just disagrees with you, Rane. :P

Sheri on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is the dumbest achievement ever! I refuse to go out of my way like that for something that should be fun.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've seriously considered buying some servos and a robotic arm to push "x" every 22 mins.

This is how strung out I've become. I don't even care about the pointless achievement now. I just refuse to be beaten by a game.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on