As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] Building a heavily tweaked version of Forgotten Realms and could use help.

IncorporealIncorporeal Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Critical Failures
Basically I'm just overwriting the, in my humble opinion, unfortunate story events and cosmology changes implemented in 4e FR (Mostly sticking with 3.5 lore, save for some small things from 4e and other things I'm creating from scratch). The pivotal concept of the change being an event called the “Portal Storm”, which caused an abnormally large amount of portals to open and close all over Toril over the course of about a decade or so. This event caused a large amount of planar creatures both sentient and otherwise to be stranded in Faerûn and beyond, and enough time has passed since this event (perhaps a couple centuries or so) to allow these planars on Toril to begin mixing and integrating into the environments and societies of the natives. These beings mostly consisting of aasimars, tieflings, gith, and especially genasi (I've got a thing for them), along with other planars exotic and otherwise that would have the ability to integrate at least somewhat successfully with existing Faerûnian cultures or start their own (I would greatly appreciate suggestions). Along with other changes such as more solidified nations and fewer independent city-states like those on the Sword Coast, a larger role played by off-planet influences (spelljammers would be uncommon, but far from rare), and other things. The more wide reaching aspects of the setting are not going to be explored too much in this adventure, but will be in the larger campaign that the adventure will sort of begin.

As far as races go, most of the new core races are simply going to be either planetouched or something similar, such as dragonborn being decendants of half-dragons, eladrin being elves with fey creatures in their ancestry, deva simply being reflavored as aasimars, genasi being re-split into their much more distict and subdued elemental varieties (as I'm sticking with the 3.5 concept of separate planes for each base, quasi, and para element rather then the Elemental Clusterf**k), and planetouched such as teiflings having much more subdued indicators of their race rather then the spawn-of-Mephistopheles look they have now (Tiny horns rather then gargantuan ones, no four foot long tails, basically a look that would allow them and any planetouched to at least somewhat pass as human with a lot of disguising and some heavy robes/hoods if needed).

I would greatly appretiate things such as tips, suggestions, pointing out things that I would need to clarify or rework in order to fit in to the redone world, and esspecially perhaps links to some stuff that may have to do with what I'm doing (I would jump for joy if someone pointed me to somwhere that had 4e character stats for 3.5 style genasi!), any sort of feedback would be monumentally welcome and helpful (Well, other then flaming and such, lol).

Incorporeal on