As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] Greatest Owner of All Time Dead at 80; Greatest Stadium Announcer at 99.

• Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the wook wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody else saw the way the Dodgers lost last night, but wow

I mean just wow

That is so awesome.

So much for their positive energy waves psychic guy.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Giants lose the series against the Lastros. What the fuck.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hi welcome to Giants baseball

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Enjoy your stay.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    The Nats officially don't deserve Strasburg.

Kid allows 1 earned run and strikes out 9 to set another record and gets his first loss because the Nats suck balls.

Man, you are so right.

I mean, the Nats have only outscored their opponents 15-9 in Strasburg starts.

Fuck those guys. They are the absolute worst.

Congratulations, the Nats offense is barely more competent than the Pirates, Indians, and White Sox, all last place teams I believe. Strasburg should finish the season with 20 wins the way he's. Pitching, but whoops its the Nationals.

Goose! on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Except the White Sox are on a 9 game winning streak, 3 games over .500 and third place in the Central(only 2.5 back)

that's like really close to last place

jesus christ I'm defending the White Sox

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2010
    Ugh, Zambrano apparently lost it after one inning today, got in a screaming match with Lou and Derrek Lee in the dugout. I can't imagine that he'll be with the team much longer after this.

What sucks is that this is going to taint his entire career with the team. And I get to hear how Carlos Zambrano is fucking terrible and has always been terrible and bluuuuuuuuuuuuurgh.

It's depressing to go to Cubs blogs now, and see people talking about dismantling the team. I mean, it's one thing to talk about trading away guys like Ramirez and Lee, who are probably on the downside of their careers now, but there are people wanting to move Marmol and Soto and while I can understand why, and the Cubs would no doubt get a bunch in return, I don't really like the idea of moving younger guys around like that, unless they've basically given up on the next couple years already.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    although the last time Z got into a fight in the dugout, the Cubs went from being really shitty to winning the division, so I guess there's always hope?

I don't think, realistically, that it'll happen

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The Rays must like being no-hit against

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    The Rays must like being no-hit against

149 pitches? I love it.

Schide on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Schide wrote: »
    They're All American Americans.

CHECK 1 2

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    ApollohApolloh Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    Enjoy your stay.

And then we'll come home and win both series.

Hi, we're the Giants, we only win at home!

Apolloh on
    smb3banner.png
    XBLGT:Banzeye SC2: Apollo.394
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I watched most of the no-hitter. It was agonizing. For having thrown something like 75 balls, the guy was amazingly accurate well into triple digits, pitching the edge of the zone even on lopsided counts and getting it done. They hit one ball all night that had a chance, came up about 20 feet short. All the liners were right at fielders.

Conversely, Niemann pitched an excellent game through 6 innings, 2 hits and 1 run on a homer and you could argue that his 1-6 was way better, having not walked 7 guys.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Can I just say how angry I am that I had to work during Edwin Jackson's no hitter? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

At least I got to see Randy Johnson's perfect game when it happened, but still. Of all the luck.

thanimations on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So are Boston fans still panicking about the Red Sox and bitching about signing Beltre?

I'm gonna guess no.

Schide on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So are Boston fans still panicking about the Red Sox and bitching.

always

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    So are Boston fans still panicking about the Red Sox and bitching.

always

Schide knows nothing about boston sports!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    so two perfect days at target field with perfect weather and perfect outcomes
    that was great

that ballpark is amazing
    the twins are amazing
    (price of beer is not)

natek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    god damn it the cubs got shut out by the pirates

now to get swept by cincinatti and start the fire sale

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    sure glad I am not a cubs fan

basically everything geebs says, I see repeated in some way by my friend on facebook

natek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Cubs are having a tough year.

How is Target Field? It looks like a pretty nice place to see a game.

thanimations on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it fucking sucks right now, because the core of this team is the same as the team that won 97 games two years ago

but they're older, and there aren't obvious replacements for a lot of them, and they all have big contracts

the bright spot this season has been the younger guys

starlin castro is going to be a beast in a couple years (and he's much better at shortstop than ryan theriot), tyler colvin has been a really nice surprise, and andrew cashner is getting some big league time (though having him in the bullpen isn't really his place right now)

but a lot of the vets are going to have to go soon, and man, even though he hasn't been playing well this year, I'm going to miss the hell out of aramis ramirez

and fuck it, I still like big Z a lot, and even though he's acting like an ass, it's not like he hasn't had to deal with a bunch of bullshit from the press and the fans the last two years, and I'm surprised he didn't snap earlier than he did

it's like sending him to the bullpen was mostly a ploy to get him mad enough to waive his no trade clause

which is a bitch move

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm liking that the twins are doing well, but so help me god if you guys blow this division and the white sox win it, I'm going to take a shit in your yard, natek

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Cubs are having a tough year.

How is Target Field? It looks like a pretty nice place to see a game.

we had perfect weather both games
    it kinda sucked sitting in the upper deck in center for the first game since you can't see the ball at the wall but it is gorgeous there and sitting higher up next to the screen and minnie & paul was nice. today we sat in left field which
    the place was packed both days so it made for a wonderful atmosphere, nice and wide concession areas so it wasn't hard to walk around like at the dome

natek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm liking that the twins are doing well, but so help me god if you guys blow this division and the white sox win it, I'm going to take a shit in your yard, natek

they just need to play more like today and yesterday and less like the two days before that
    if the white sox jump up and take the division I will shit in my yard with you

edit: also the weak play against the NL really hurt. normally they do pretty good there

natek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    good lord do I hate the white sox

fucking hawk harrelson and steve stone and goddamn aj pierzinski

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the only good thing aj is that he gave the twins nathan, liriano and for a while BOOF BONSER

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    oh

I was glad I got to see rauch come out today even though it was not a save opportunity

I will stop gushing about the past two days now (seeing thome tie killebrew on the all time home run list would have been fun though)

natek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    did you take a circle me bert sign

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Aw I love AJ

thanimations on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    did you take a circle me bert sign

no, I didn't even think of it and then I saw all the signs and was all "dang"
    none of my family was watching anyways as my sister was working and my mom was recovering from surgery

we did see a marriage proposal though
    and span's three triples, which was awesome

natek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I just bought out of the park baseball 11 and it's complicated as FUCK

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just picked up tickets for my second in-person game. Red Sox @ Rays, next week.

Now I'll get to see Tropicana Field in all of its better but still only partially attended glory.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »

Now I'll get to see Tropicana Field in all of its better but still only partially attended glory.

Bring Aspirin, or BC powder or something.

Non-stop cowbells... I did not enjoy The Trop.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Apolloh wrote: »
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    Enjoy your stay.

And then we'll come home and win both series.

Hi, we're the Giants, we only win at home!

Get swept by the Dodgers at home. I was at the game yesterday. I saw all 8 painful runs.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Oh yeah I know... I guess I should just multiply what I heard in extra innings with Cleveland by 3.... but then again... who am I kidding, most of the people there will be Sox fans... do they do cowbells?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Oh yeah I know... I guess I should just multiply what I heard in extra innings with Cleveland by 3.... but then again... who am I kidding, most of the people there will be Sox fans... do they do cowbells?

I might have just been unlucky in a sea of Rays fans. More Rays fans show up to the games than you think though. I was surprised when I went.

Edit: I should also mention that 50% of my dislike of The Trop comes from Boston losing the game when I was there.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you'll get lucky and the vuvuzelas will drown out the cow bells.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Vuvuzelas, thankfully, are banned!

They are banned in Landshark too except on promotion days.

I sat in a cowbell heavy section last time, but it wasn't anything worse than I've heard in the past.

I will be walking away from this game in peace as long as they don't give Ortiz another cookie.

Jesus. He should be insulted they even gave him a pitch that easy a few nights ago for the 3 run homer.

Jasconius on
This discussion has been closed.