As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Machinarium/Samorost 2: Amanita Design Christmas Pack, PC – $10/£5.94

LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Games and Technology
For a limited time only, you can get Machinarium, Samorost 2, and both of their soundtracks for 60% off, or $10/£5.94

machinariumchristmaspac.jpg

These are both beautiful point and click adventures. The first Samorost is free to play online here. There are demos for Machinarium and Samorost 2 here and here.

LewieP on

• Options
    BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    For a limited time only, you can get Machinarium, Samorost 2, and both of their soundtracks for 60% off, or $10/£5.94

machinariumchristmaspac.jpg

These are both beautiful point and click adventures. The first Samorost is free to play online here. There are demos for Machinarium and Samorost 2 here and here.

Thanks Lewie! Although the 14-day time limit to download files does suck a bit - I need to do some backup DVDs with these, Time Gentlemen Please and some EA store games now, before my PC decided to implode again. Digital revolution my arse... And yes, I realise I'm being spoilt somewhat by GoG.com - Machinarium's too good a game to lose to piracy!

Bioptic on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    totally bought this, thanks for the heads up

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    man so, the soundtracks that this comes with are really really good

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I've been falling asleep to the Machinarium soundtrack a lot recently.

In case you missed it, there is a free EP with the other tracks from the game here.

LewieP on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think you should put the game titles in the thread name. I didn't didn't recognize the dev name and subsequently didn't notice this thread, which would have saved me from buying Machinarium through the steam sale and not getting this fantastic deal.

Machinarium is absolutely lovely so far.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Done.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh man, three didn'ts and a not in that one sentence. Now to just get a surge of people to buy the pack. So if you download it through Amanita, is there any kind of DRM or limitations on installing, or is it flexible? I want to buy the pack so I can get Samorost2 and force Machinarium on other people, because it's something that I feel would make everyone's life better.

I'm right around the robot band area in Machinarium, and this has been one of the most engrossing and satisfying games that I've played in a long time.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited December 2009
    This thread really needs some more love.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I played the Machinarium demo and really liked it so I'm tempted. How long is it?

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is this Steam US or Europe, or both? I thought it wasn't possible to buy games cheaply in $ anymore?

edit: oh, never mind, it's not Steam. Bought! (you also have to pay VAT (20%))

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'm seeing six hours for the length. Honestly, if you take it as being 5 bucks with this deal, it's more than worth what you pay for it. If the game stays this good throughout, it will easily be one of my favourite games ever.

But yeah, anyone who gets this game through Amanita, if you could let me know how flexible the install is, that would be great.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Damn it, this sliding bead puzzle with the old robot is not getting any better at all. Any tips? You have to get the green segment into the green area, I assume.

METAzraeL on