As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX as a gift

KT421KT421 Registered User new member
edited December 2009 in PAX Archive
I have purchased PAX East tickets for myself and my boyfriend as a gift.

The question is how to deliver the tickets to him on Christmas day. I normally wrap concert tickets in a CD case from the artist in question, so it would be logical to wrap these inside a video game case. However, buying games as gifts in my house is problematic, as someone is invariably waiting outside GameStop at midnight of the release date for any game we might wish to play.

So, outside of buying a video game he doesn't want and putting the tickets in there, how should I present them?

KT421 on

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Are there any classic games (NES, SNES, SEGA) that he might like, wouldn't expect, and might be cheap?

Edit: The DVD set is pretty entertaining.

PeasantDave on
  • GahmriousGahmrious Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Are there any classic games (NES, SNES, SEGA) that he might like, wouldn't expect, and might be cheap?

Edit: The DVD set is pretty entertaining.

This...

Tape the tickets to the back of a classic NES cartrige. I'd probably wet myself at the sight of this on Christmas morning.

Gahmrious on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Put them in the case of a game he already owns, then tape the disappointment. Happiness is always greater after you've been let down. Plus it would be funny.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • nrfbtoystorenrfbtoystore Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I prefer the surprise/SURPRISE approach. Buy a print of his favorite (or just a really funny) Penny Arcade strip, put it in a frame with the tickets between the frame/back... tell him to open the back for a special message just for him...write "Merry blah blah, love blah blah..." and have the PAX tickets below.

Trust me on this... I know surprises...to see possibly the best geeky proposal or the oddest geek marketing based on a catch phrase by Nathan Fillion... www.nerdnuptials.com and bit.ly/bamstl . LATERZ!

nrfbtoystore on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All very very good ideas guys. Stuff I'd love to get on Christmas! Got one more to pitch in: if you don't want to go the print route, there are several volumes of Penny Arcade books you could slip the tickets inside of.

Gundabad on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, you're a cool girlfriend.

I'd suggest hat since it's in Boston, find something from the Boston PBS affiliates or Liberty's Kids or something. Maybe a box full of the Boston Baked Beans candy with a label saying "Surprise inside! Collect all 5".

I mean this is PAX and all, but maybe hint at the locaton and surprise him with the fact that it's a trip to Boston for PAX East.

feitocomfruta on
This discussion has been closed.