As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Farscape]Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack

1111213141517»

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Oh phooey. My DVD's look not so hot on 1080p it seems.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2016
    Yeah the first few episodes are pretty rough in 1080p. Everything looks super fake.

It gets better after a few episodes.

e:
    I think part of the issue is, everything is just so...clean, in the first few episodes. It starts to look better as things look more used.

Morkath on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I do wonder if Blu-ray would improve things or not. Not certain how they filmed it.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I do wonder if Blu-ray would improve things or not. Not certain how they filmed it.

The first season was in 3:4, right ? They didn't go widescreen until season 2.

Does anyone have the Blu-Ray box set ! I've been toying with getting it, and rewatching it, but I've heard mixed things about the transfer.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    It's a pity they got written/directed so badly in stargate, seems to have kind of nuked their careers.

e:
    Oh hey, the guy who did Scorpio ended up being Tarkin in ep3 of star wars. Shame he didn't get to be more prominent in that, he probably would have done a great job.

I don't know about Ben Browder, but Claudia Black still does a lot of voice acting.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    It's a pity they got written/directed so badly in stargate, seems to have kind of nuked their careers.

e:
    Oh hey, the guy who did Scorpio ended up being Tarkin in ep3 of star wars. Shame he didn't get to be more prominent in that, he probably would have done a great job.

I don't know about Ben Browder, but Claudia Black still does a lot of voice acting.

I think Ep3 of Star War was the last role Wayne Pygram had. Which is sad, cause that motherfucker is beautiful to watch on screen..Unless its his choice, then its just sad for me.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    It was nice to see that weird old lady in mad max.

I believe zan was in road warrior as well wasn't she?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, she was that one nameless warrior.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

The Bluray looks great. The CGI wasn't done in HD for the first few seasons but since they used so many practical effects it still ages a lot better than most shows from that time.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    The show does go to some weird places.
    Aeryn ends up falling in love with two John Crichtons.
    lol, three depending on how you want to count alternative timelines that where removed from existence.

Seems like there should be more, but Aeryn doesn't get messed with that much psychologically... for Farscape.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    lol, three depending on how you want to count alternative timelines that where removed from existence.

Seems like there should be more, but Aeryn doesn't get messed with that much psychologically... for Farscape.
    IIRC the worst thing that happens to her is that she gets injected with some of Pilot's DNA and transforms into a semi-Pilot. She does manage to turn the long-term effects to her advantage, however.

• Options
    Well, that's worst physically. Emotionally she was pretty much dead for a bit at a different point.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Well, that's worst physically. Emotionally she was pretty much dead for a bit at a different point.

Well, she was dead dead for a little bit as well, so she had to even things out.

• Options
  • Options
    I forgot how good of a job they did at making everything seem pretty alien during the first season. Crichton constantly trying to do something to help and everyone looking horrified at it (Oh D'argo is in cardiac arrest? I'll beat at his chest to start it back up!")

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »

I dunno...
    That whole thing between Aeryn and her mother Xhalax qualifies for serious psychological trauma in my book. I guess Aeryn kind of gets closure at the end...you know...right before Xhalax is killed in front of her due to a misunderstanding...

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Ok, through the looking glass gets worst episode award.

Because it has like 10minutes of a shrill siren just going off non-stop.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    You can mute those scenes and not miss anything, though.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ok, through the looking glass gets worst episode award.

Because it has like 10minutes of a shrill siren just going off non-stop.

But Jool doesn't show up for another two seasons!

Calica wrote: »
    You can mute those scenes and not miss anything, though.

... true.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Anyone know if the 15 year anniversary edition DVD's are higher resolution than the original set? Or do I need to get the Blurays or what?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Now i am rewatching the series. Do not eat the dentec

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

I'm like 90% sure that I am going to rewatch the series, or at least some episodes, thanks to this thread

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

Most unrealistic episode ever. Frying does make everything tasty.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I don't recall, did he batter them and deep fry or simply pan fry? BIG difference.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    He pan fried them.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Probably one of my favorite episodes was the body switching one.

"I just peed in the maintenance bay"

"Comon....their right there!!" (When hes caught fondling his boobs)

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    "Comon....their right there!!" (When hes caught fondling his boobs)

Most realistic body-swap show ever.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    And later, Aeryn's response to his apology: "Eh. You've been in my shoes, I've been in your pants..."

I also loved that episode for the scene where
    Chiana (in D'Argo's body) is flirting so aggressively with Rigel (in Crichton's body) that they're practically having sex with their clothes on
    and because both of the actors knocked it out of the park, it didn't occur to me until much later that I'd watched an overtly sexual scene between two stereotypically manly men, and the show made no comment on it whatsoever. I thought that was a neat bit of stealth equality there.

Calica on