As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rumour on!] Kingdom Hearts Wii! more inside!

• Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    atkbob wrote:
    There was also talk of Sonic being an unlockable character in MK:DD, but that SEGA wanted him to run instead of drive a kart. Miyamoto said "gimme a break" and that was the end of it.
    I can just imagine the awkwardness. That means the other person would have to ride piggy-back or something.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    atkbob wrote:
    There was also talk of Sonic being an unlockable character in MK:DD, but that SEGA wanted him to run instead of drive a kart. Miyamoto said "gimme a break" and that was the end of it.
    I can just imagine the awkwardness. That means the other person would have to ride piggy-back or something.

And what would happened with the character switch?

"Mario! You run for now, my feet hurt!"

"Mama Mia! *Trips, falls, slides into a wall.*"

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii would pretty much kill the PS3 for me, I have to say.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    FinalGamerFinalGamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Please do not torture ye with wildly beautiful ideas.

FinalGamer on
    "Videogames are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n' roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
    dancingmagels1.gif
    Attack
    Magic > Breakdance 2
    Item
    Flee
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If this is true, will Square have anything coming out in the next couple years for PS3 other than FF13?

bruin on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    atkbob wrote:

They could of done a Flintstone-style cart. :P

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Xeno wrote:
    I don't understand how KH3 on the Wii is a good thing.

I mean, the graphics will stay the same, and will the controls even make sense? I mean, it's pretty much a button masher anyways. Do I really need to swing the remote around constantly?

Also, the MAIN games have been on the PS2, you think people will pick up KH3 when they haven't even played the other 2? The storylines continue I hope. I'm assuming here that a majority of the people who owned cubes have gone onto wii and the majority of the people who owned PS2 have/will go onto PS3.

I just can't see how the Wii will do anything better then the PS3 other then being a big cash grab. Not having to work on graphics should increase profit I suppose.
    I have a feeling it'll be a remake of KH1 and/or KH2 and/or Chain of Memories or something

Or they'll be repeating their strategy with Chain of Memories, where the Wii game will be a story that takes place between KH2 and KH3 and you won't get what's going on in KH3 unless you play a mediocre treatment (on an already mediocre game ;) ) of the game series on another console from an entirely different company.

Then when KH3 Final Mix comes out for PS3, they'll include the Wii game in there except remade with the possibly-better KH3-style graphics and transplant the gameplay mechanics of the Wii game to the Sixaxis controller.

That's it with my crazy guess, folks

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kingdom Hearts on Wii would take away the main reason I would ever get a PS3.

If Square starts doing Wii versions of all its titles then I'm right there with you.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    :shock:
    :?
    :)
    :D

Although I'm not getting my hopes up.

Scops on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Scops wrote:
    Although I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I'm the same, I know that if half of this is true it'll be fantastic, and if none of it is true, I have the rest of the solid wii line up to look forwards to.

LewieP on
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would love to play Kingdom Hearts III on Wii and travel from Agrabah to the Mushroom Kingdom to Halloween Town to Hyrule...

They need more worlds anyway. What better place to go than Nintendo?

Meh, Disney probably wouldn't be too keen on having to share the spotlight.

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Xeno wrote:
    I mean, the graphics will stay the same, and will the controls even make sense? I mean, it's pretty much a button masher anyways. Do I really need to swing the remote around constantly?

Nunchuk to move, D-pad on the remote to move on the menu, do the actions with A. B to jump.

The most I can imagine the remote being used for is a pointer feature for some ability like in Zelda.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i will eat my wiener if this is true.

Johnny Fabulous on
    We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    # Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - Buena Vista Games
    I know it's never, ever wise to get one's hopes up for licensed games, but make the Wiimote's motions Jack Sparrow's swashbuckling sword and you may have a fun game on your hands.

Darlan on
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Darlan wrote:
    # Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - Buena Vista Games
    I know it's never, ever wise to get one's hopes up for licensed games, but make the Wiimote's motions Jack Sparrow's drunken, swaying hand motions and you may have a fun game on your hands.

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thinking about it more, this definitely does make some sense.

How many games SE has planned for each -

Nintendo (13)
    DS 10
    GBA 1
    Wii 2

Sony (6)
    PS2 1
    PS3 3
    PSP 2

Microsoft (2)
    360 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_games#Square_Enix

bruin on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    LewieP wrote:
    # Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn on Wii will come in two parts at the same time, the first being the original GC Fire Emblem, Path of Radiance, whilst the other is the new main game (a tactic done when the first SNES Fire Emblem was released);

Wait, this is kinda confusing. Two parts? Are they simply re-releasing PoR at the same time? Are they just including the GC disc with every Wii version sold? Are they updating the game to be Wii remote compatible (you can guarantee people would be able to play an included GC disk thanks to backwards compatibility, but they may not have a GC controller, leaving them screwed).
    Well, if they are going the Fire Emblem 3 route, then I think Path of Radiance would be included on the disc and will be upgraded for Wii performance.

It may even be renamed to something like Goddess of Dawn: The Prequel.

Or possibly just 'Book 1'.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    SNESSNES Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    PaleZer0 wrote:
    I would love to play Kingdom Hearts III on Wii and travel from Agrabah to the Mushroom Kingdom to Halloween Town to Hyrule...

Oh please no. I don't think I'd ever leave that world.

SNES on
    MP:H-2019-3115-7752
    MKDS Friend Code: 476-802-986-689
    AC:WW Friend Code:3823-1420-6253
    Pokemon Friend Code: 3222 2050 0417
  • Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I would kill to have just two Nintendo worlds on the Wii version...

- Super Mario RPG world (with Mario, Geno, etc)
    - The Legend of Zelda

D:

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Eteric wrote:
    I would kill to have just two Nintendo worlds on the Wii version...

- Super Mario RPG world (with Mario, Geno, etc)
    - The Legend of Zelda

D:

On Mushroom Kingdom, though, you should get Luigi on your team. And you should always be chasing Mario, always in his shadow, with the story being Luigi trying to prove himself by saving the Princess first. In the end, he gets acknowledged, but Mario still surpasses him a little. Better than nothing, though.

Also, to give us a good scare, they should have the voice actor from Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil come back in Hyrule, and when Sora and co. land, from behind them, we hear a hearty "I can't WAIT to bomb some dodongas!", making us all incredibly worried and frightened; and then we turn around and find out it's someone COMPLETELY different talking about the virtues of Dodonga Bombing.

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ^^^
    that first bit is genius.
    Meissnerd wrote:
    Those pretty boys from FF are nice, but I'd rather see someone from Chrono Trigger in Smash Bros. Frog, anyone?

As for Kingdom Hearts, it sounds interesting, but I'm just wondering what Square-Enix could do with the Wii controller. It just seems that the battle system is made for a conventional controller. But then, that's probably why I'm not a game developer.

i just started hyperventillating.

Sul on
    Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    Lightor216Lightor216 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Any difference that Square may have had with Nintendo are probably solved.
    It could have or have not had anything to do with the bags of money that Square is getting from the DS.

Lightor216 on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    HUZZAH.
    n August 2006, Sakurai and Miyamoto stated that Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-party character to be included.[26] Around the same period of time, Tips & Tricks reported that Miyamoto has stated Nintendo has actually contacted Sega regarding this, and that they're awaiting a final decision.[27] Then, in the October 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, he mentioned that "Sega's hedgehog would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast."

From Wikipedia. I just hope Sega says yes.

There's probably a good chance - it seems Nintendo listened to the fan demands (and Sega aswell) and got Genesis games on the Virtual Console.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I don't know how well Sonic would fit in Smash bros. He runs... he jumps... he spins. I think that at least tails or knucles you could force better attacks out of.

I've always felt that Simon Belmont from Castlevania would make a much better fit for smash bros, but that's another thread.

I have to admit that as a Nintendo Fanboy, I have yet to log hours playing a Kingdom Hearts game, however, I've wanted to.

I thing that if Kingdom Hearts comes to Wii. There is a problem with tone that needs to be addressed... Mario is out, at least as a main character because he is simply too bublegum, however to tie it in Luigi would be a good choice, but I think it's toads turn to make a stand, at least as a party member.

Link should merge with a cloudlike character and be a main character.

Bowser should become the Omega Weapon. Ganon the Ultima weapon.

Reagan on
  • Options
    Blitz RawketBlitz Rawket Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Reagan wrote:
    I don't know how well Sonic would fit in Smash bros. He runs... he jumps... he spins. I think that at least tails or knucles you could force better attacks out of.

I've always felt that Simon Belmont from Castlevania would make a much better fit for smash bros, but that's another thread.
    They could make shit up for Sonic. They did it for Mario.

Simon would be awesome, though, and the sub-weapons make for easy B-moves. God, it'd be almost too perfect--up-B for axe, forward-B for boomerang, down-B for holy water, hold-B for knife (hold it down to throw more at a time). And to compensate for not having a proper triple jump, he could just latch onto ledges with his A-button whip. Shit, if he were in there with that implementation, he would easily become my primary. It'd be nice if Konami extended their licensing beyond Snake.

Blitz Rawket on
  • Options
    SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Given how every single Square-Enix project since the announcement of FFXIII has been for a Nintendo system, I'd say chances are extremely fucking high this KH thing is true. KH does not need the processing power of the PS3 to look good, and they actually want to get the game to Disney fans, that is, people who probably won't or can't afford to pay $500-600 for a console.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I want to see Megaman in Smash Bros. And King Dedede.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meissnerd wrote:
    What, Metaknight not good enough for you? HUH?

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    ReaganReagan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Meissnerd wrote:

Megaman... nice

Reagan on
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Reagan wrote:

Use the shields from Sonic 3:

up+b = Electric shield jump
    across+b = Flame shield dash
    down+b = water shield bounce
    B = spin dash (like Jigglypuff's Rollout)

As for the rumors, I'm cautiously optimistic. Although I have to say that as a Tales fanboy, I'm disappointed to see that the spinoff would be of Legendia. That game sucked. They could make a Symphonia spinoff during the Great Kharlan War or an Abyss spinoff about the Wacky Adventures of Jade.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Reagan wrote:
    Really the only people that actually do have their moves cut out for them are the Links, Ness (even thought they're Paula's moves), and the Pokemon.

Qorzm on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Reagan wrote:
    Meissnerd wrote:

Megaman... nice
    like he's not in enough games.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Reagan wrote:
    I don't know how well Sonic would fit in Smash bros. He runs... he jumps... he spins. I think that at least tails or knucles you could force better attacks out of...

cough...

capt. falcon

cough...

What did they have to go off of here?

Turn left, turn right. get health back... use a boost...

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    DukhatDukhat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Switching franchises to another system after multiple iterations of the franchise have been on one brand-name console is often a very bad movie and usually leads to decreased sales.

An obvious case-in-point is the Resident Evil series which sold dramatically less than it did on the PSX when it moved to gamecube (though it still sold a lot of games).

Of course there have been exceptions; FFVII for example. However, FFVII had many unique circumstances surrounding it. The series was mainly only popular in Japan before and its move to the Playstation helped make the game much more epic (longer length and high quality cgi fmv's) and appealing to Western audiences, bringing RPG's to the forefront of consoel gaming and sales.

Kingdom Hearts would best be served by remaining on the Playstation 2 console where its fan base is; it will only sell less by being on one of the next-gen systems. However, the game would be a good suit for the younger owner base of the Wii, so you never know.

Dukhat on
    Holla!
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dukhat wrote:
    Kingdom Hearts would best be served by remaining on the Playstation 2 console where its fan base is; it will only sell less by being on one of the next-gen systems.
    Square should just go for multiplatform releases already, now that would be sweet.

...Of course, that isn't as viable and easy this time around with how different the three systems are, just look at Double Agent. :?

Darlan on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kingdom Hearts is one of the few reasons I still want a PS2. That, Metal Gear, and God of War. I would love it if it made the jump to Wii, especially if they released the 2 original games first. It wouldn't cost that much, would it? Maybe that'd be a way to test reaction?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Uh, wouldn't it sell a lot less when the console it (could) be on is $600?

I think it's fans will follow it where ever it goes, really.

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Options
    XenoXeno Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ummm, you know that there is a second PS3 right? It's $100 less. Why do people keep forgetting this?

Anyways, by the time KH3 will come out, the PS3 will probably have a price drop and you can probably pick one up for $399.

Xeno on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Xeno wrote:
    Ummm, you know that there is a second PS3 right? It's $100 less. Why do people keep forgetting this?

Anyways, by the time KH3 will come out, the PS3 will probably have a price drop and you can probably pick one up for $399.

You say that like $400 isn't a lot of money.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Xeno wrote:

Exactly what the parents will buy for the young children when they could be looking at a 200 or even 180 dollar Wii as opposition. By defining itself as the high end and hardcore gamer console this gen the PS3 has priced/perceived itself out of the prime demo for KH games.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish