As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Once in a Life[chat]

1596061626365»

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think if someone offered me free pizza hut pizza I'd say no thanks and buy some Red Baron to throw in the oven instead.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Today I have given birth to a child! A child named: Skittles Vodka!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I refuse to eat anything with veal or foi gras in it, so I guess French cuisine is out.

That is just like a handful of their dishes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_dishes

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Yeah, isn't french cuisine really also really influenced by its neighbors?

France was just borrowing a cup of sugar.

The same is true in America. You think Chicago invented soul food? The best thing about it over here, though, is that you can get the authentic stuff from all the different immigrant villages. It's a world wind of deliciousness without having to board a plane.

moniker on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I need to eat more Spanish food. What I have had has been quite tasty.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wonder how many of the searches for planets around Alpha Centauri are motivated by scientists who played Civilization when they were younger.

Because that's the entirety of the reason I'm reading about the subject now.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh jesus throwing a large bouncy ball in a dark room was a terrible decision

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Yeah, isn't french cuisine really also really influenced by its neighbors?

France was just borrowing a cup of sugar.

The same is true in America. You think Chicago invented soul food? The best thing about it over here, though, is that you can get the authentic stuff from all the different immigrant villages. It's a world wind of deliciousness without having to board a plane.

This is one of the many things I love about Seattle.

French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Ethiopian, Russian, Turkish, etc etc all on a single freaking block.

I really should patronize the French place my cousin's cousin works at.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I refuse to eat anything with veal or foi gras in it, so I guess French cuisine is out.

Not sure about the veal, but foi gras is hardly in anything. You'd basically have to ask for it. And honestly it isn't all that its made out to be. I mean, it's pretty tasty but not something I'd put up a fight to keep on the menu. Particularly given how it is wrought.

moniker on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    I wonder how many of the searches for planets around Alpha Centauri are motivated by scientists who played Civilization when they were younger.

Because that's the entirety of the reason I'm reading about the subject now.

Guess what I have been doing today?
    LALCOLOR.jpg

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    than I'm not sure I'm prepared to give you authority on this particular argument.
    Don't get me wrong: I am not saying that the Italians have anything at all to be ashamed of in the food department. It's just that the French spank them like a red-headed stepchild.

And really, that's still nothing to be ashamed of; the French spank everyone in the world like a red-headed stepchild when it comes to food. The fact that it could even be considered a competition is a tremendous badge of honor to the Italians. England wouldn't even be let in the building to watch the competition.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    all right someone start it back up

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.