As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Name that old shareware asteroids type

Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Games and Technology
Alright, ive spent the past 30 minutes searching to no avail.

It was a top down line asteroids type with newtonian physics, simple colored line graphics.

It had multiplayer but I never got a chance to try it, just played with the computers.

You play the game by flying around and landing on planets (which requires approaching, slowing down, turning around, and pulsing your thrusters) to plant your color flag.

Once planted any transport ships you have built will leave for it and automatically start building your base.

To conquer a planet you had to destroy all the buildings on it, a bitch while not getting hit yourself.

From time to time a research center on one of your planets would make a noise and start flashing, if you landed on that planet (or the orbiting docking station) you would get an upgrade like a shield, missiles, etc.

I remember it had sound effects mostly pulled from star trek.

This game was awesome! Please help me find it.

Steam ID - Fort1tude
Fort1tude on

• Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have no idea what this is, but after your description, I want to play it.

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    zhen_rogue wrote: »
    I have no idea what this is, but after your description, I want to play it.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    MeetVinceTheScoutMeetVinceTheScout Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    An RTS/Asteroids hybrid?
    Sounds sort of like Gate 88, but I know that's not right.

MeetVinceTheScout on
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    An RTS/Asteroids hybrid?
    Sounds sort of like Gate 88, but I know that's not right.

it was similar in idea, except you had no control of your forces beyond planting flags to choose planets to send transports

i remember hearing the warning klaxon right before getting sucked into a suns gravity well as i was hauling ass through the randomized system

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude