As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Walking Dead

rayned0wnrayned0wn Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Graphic Violence
I was reading the back of the most recent walking dead comic in the "letters" section. Apparently the guy who writes it has the story planned out for at least another (200 I believe he said) comics. I'm a big fan of the comic, but I'm kind of worried about that actually. If he already had an idea of how he wants it to end, what happens if it gets canceled 2 years from now....man that would suck. But I seriously doubt that comic is going to last like 17 years. I wonder if it'll be one of those things that just abruptly stops when it becomes unpopular, or if he has a contingency plan on how to end it if popularity wains. Either way, it's a great read if you haven't checked it out. Sure it's about a zombie outbreak, but it's more about the human condition. Good stuff.

rayned0wn on

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Walking Dead is Image's top-selling book in the monthly format, and is almost always the top-selling trade paperback when a new one comes out. On top of that, it's one of the very few comics that actually gains new readers almost every month. I wouldn't worry about it being cancelled.

On the topic of Walking Dead, I have to admit that I haven't read past the first TPB. After finding out that Tony Moore moved on with the first arc, along with some future plot developments that didn't sound terribly enticing, I haven't been in a big hurry to read the rest of it.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Honestly I thought the second TPB wasn't as good as the first, but It picks up after that. Like every story it has ups and downs. We begin to like certain characters more and dislike things that may happen to them. Look into it again, I believe it's up to it's 8th TPB. My friend has all the loose issues so I'm not sure how many TPB they have put out.

rayned0wn on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nice sig btw, and thanks.

rayned0wn on