As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Arguing

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I may have fixed my issues with random video stuttering - I switched my network card from the onboard one(some Realtek bullshit with the official drivers) to a PCI card and it works like a charm. Might have worked to use a different driver too.

Zek on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    McAllen wrote: »
    EDIT: If the top leading scorers have such a discrepency where one leader can't crack the top 50% of the opposing team's scorers then someone should move, even though it's a remark that would only work in a fantasy world.

But from the score and points in general it seemed like steamroll.

Not trying to ignite any debates or insinuate much, but it's the type of stuff you can survey after winning and losing or stumbling upon these pictures. Most people have pictures where the other team is a bloody pulp compared to the other.

Am I the only person who is unable to become a Spectator? I figured maybe that option was deactivated in the PA servers, meaning you'd have to reconnect to allow for self-teamscrambling, and risk losing your spot in the server.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    McAllen wrote: »
    EDIT: If the top leading scorers have such a discrepency where one leader can't crack the top 50% of the opposing team's scorers then someone should move, even though it's a remark that would only work in a fantasy world.

But from the score and points in general it seemed like steamroll.

Not trying to ignite any debates or insinuate much, but it's the type of stuff you can survey after winning and losing or stumbling upon these pictures. Most people have pictures where the other team is a bloody pulp compared to the other.

Am I the only person who is unable to become a Spectator? I figured maybe that option was deactivated in the PA servers, meaning you'd have to reconnect to allow for self-teamscrambling, and risk losing your spot in the server.

I've just redownloaded TF2 with Windows 7 but I'm experiencing the same problem on one of the PA servers, I haven't noticed which one, or all.

McAllen on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I am the only person who has considered Natasha a good weapon since it was originally fixed. Its ridiculously good. You know it prevents demos from charging pretty much entirely?
    Endaro's a sonofabich.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Enabling spectator is a serverside setting.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I used to think that you'd have to go out of your way to be outright bad at demoman. the concept is straight-forward enough. Even someone completely new to the class usually ranges from mediocre to "passable". I was proven wrong today.

another horror story: Played with the worst engineer ever, but I'm pretty sure he was trolling the team. Dustbowl stage 1 point 2. Built his sentry nest next to defensive spawn as a defensive engineer. like, right to the left of the spawn door out of line of sight of everything. Stage 2 point two he built his sentry facing another engineer's sentry at the point. right smack in front of it. I was just....confused by this whole thing

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It kind of depends... if you're a defending Demoman on a Payload map and you're doing bad, something is definately wrong.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Beezel wrote: »
    I used to think that you'd have to go out of your way to be outright bad at demoman. the concept is straight-forward enough. Even someone completely new to the class usually ranges from mediocre to "passable". I was proven wrong today.

Was it me? I just don't "get" how to be a demoman.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Trus wrote: »

Arc your shots a bit and lead your target. It takes a little practice but its not too hard all things considered. It also helps to go after slow moving targets like Heavys to get used to the arc you need to get to hit things.

There's probably better tips out there, but that is what helped me be kind of decent with the Demoman.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Man, I thought that I'd suck without a sticky launcher, but even then I managed to surpass my expectations.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

Play the most overpowered class in the game using their incredibly stupidly overpowered secondary, the flare gun. Going to demo should be pretty straight forward after that.

Oh and M1 + M2 for the sticky.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »

Play the most overpowered class in the game using their incredibly stupidly overpowered secondary, the flare gun. Going to demo should be pretty straight forward after that.

I'm already a pretty decent Pyro, but I don't use the flare gun...because it sucks

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I use the flare gun... because I like to be annoying.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited January 2010
    I've died to my own weapons more than I've died to a pyro's flaregun. It's almost like a taunt-kill

Beezel on
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The flaregun is great simply for how stupid it feels to actually be killed by it.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    When I was a little kid at my mom's boyfriend's house I found a flare gun amidst his toy collection (he owned a boat). I guess I assumed the flares were gigantic fun rounds (of fun) so I loaded it and fired and started a fire near a pile of garden chemicals!

So if there was a messy living room level in TF2, I would be so trained for that shit as a pyro.

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »

I'm already a pretty decent Pyro, but I don't use the flare gun...because it sucks
    Well it kinda hinges on you using the flare gun.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    When I was a little kid at my mom's boyfriend's house I found a flare gun amidst his toy collection (he owned a boat). I guess I assumed the flares were gigantic fun rounds (of fun) so I loaded it and fired and started a fire near a pile of garden chemicals!

So if there was a messy living room level in TF2, I would be so trained for that shit as a pyro.

What an awesome and yet on topic story.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Remember how everyone thought that the flaregun was going to solve 2fort's problem of 4 snipers on either rampart at any given time? Hahaha, ahhh good times. 2fort is a terrible map though.

Beezel on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Remember how everyone thought that the flaregun was going to solve 2fort's problem of 4 snipers on either rampart at any given time? Hahaha, ahhh good times. 2fort is a terrible map though.
    And then jarate

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    2fort is fun if all you do is build engie camps in the enemy sewer.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    or the enemy intel room

Beezel on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I smelted my huntsman into scrap metal. I now have a hankering to turn people into pincushions. This makes me sad

Beezel on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay, here's a tip for everyone: Organize your inventory to help avoid accidentally smelting items you want to keep.

For example, I put all my unlockables that I want to keep on page 2, organized by class. Page 1 is all my junk that I don't mind smelting (Also organized by class, so I know instantly when I can smelt another scrap metal) and my metal/tokens.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I am the only person who has considered Natasha a good weapon since it was originally fixed. Its ridiculously good. You know it prevents demos from charging pretty much entirely?
    Endaro's...... a..... son.....of....a.....bich.....
    See you're saying it slowly because you're getting Natascha'd

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    so what happened with Natascha that it's "fixed"? I haven't used it in forever.

Beezel on
  • Options
    Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It normally slows everyone down to something like 75% (Pyro being 100%). So it works decent on scouts, but soldiers and heavies barely notice.

Right now it's slowing every class to a crawl.

Bruce Forsyth on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Exin wrote: »
    It normally slows everyone down to something like 75% (Pyro being 100%). So it works decent on scouts, but soldiers and heavies barely notice.

Right now it's slowing every class to a crawl.

I remember once when I was jumping to the pillar point only to be shot by the Natasha in mid air slowing me and making me fall to my death.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited January 2010
    To do list-
    First thing in the morning: Change my steam name to "Slowbro" and play as a Natascha Heavy

Beezel on
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This game makes me so glad I reinstalled BF2.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I headshot Endaro a lot.

Pro sniper right here, headshotting spun up heavies.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »

Only if you play infantry servers, otherwise you're just going to get raped by the super ace pilots who don't feel like playing something like, a real fucking flying game.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    I headshot Endaro a lot.

Pro sniper right here, headshotting spun up heavies.
    More than I can say and I out-sniped Flippy.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fiziks wrote: »

Only if you play infantry servers, otherwise you're just going to get raped by the super ace pilots who don't feel like playing something like, a real fucking flying game.

Yeah pretty much. But then we capped this guy's airfield and they were super fucked. Bitch had no idea what to do beyond dolphin dive as we bled them out.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fiziks wrote: »

ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVEENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    ENEMY AC130 ABOVEENEMY AC130 ABOVEENEMY AC130 ABOVEENEMY AC130 ABOVEENEMY AC130 ABOVE
    TACTICAL NUKE INCOMING IT'S OVER

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The newest Nerf Now has a pretty groan-worthy TF2 joke in it. Thought I'd mention that.

Also, apparently they stealth-buffed Natascha and it now makes you stop moving almost entirely when it hits you.

EDIT: I just tested Natascha. Yeah, it's ridiculous now- Scouts hit by it go from running at their normal speed to moving about as fast as a spun-up heavy. Everyone else is even slower.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I tried BF2

it ran like ass. Wouldnt save my graphic settings, and I couldnt get online at all. I deleted it, makes me regret buying it, but at least it was on the steam sale so it was cheap

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I GOT NO AMMO JERRY!!!

The natascha is bad, dont use it.

What on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So like it's been almost half a month or so?

When are they gonna fix the game?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    bf2 had a better medic experience

Nuzak on