As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Arguing

• Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I tried BF2

it ran like ass. Wouldnt save my graphic settings, and I couldnt get online at all. I deleted it, makes me regret buying it, but at least it was on the steam sale so it was cheap

I did this at launch, I also bought the 6 cd version. It was a terrible experience. At least I could finally play it a year and a shit load of patches later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SacYgo1Ykk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyMhWms4d8

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh my God, that second video.

The music.

The music.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What wrote: »
    Sladvan wrote: »
    This game makes me so glad I reinstalled BF2.

I GOT NO AMMO JERRY!!!

The natascha is bad, dont use it.

video owns

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Goomba wrote: »
    Play the most overpowered class in the game using their incredibly stupidly overpowered secondary, the flare gun. Going to demo should be pretty straight forward after that.

Oh and M1 + M2 for the sticky.
    I love how you still think the flaregun is exactly like the demo's gun, yet you're god awful at demo.

What does this say?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Video owns

Unlike you

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Play the most overpowered class in the game using their incredibly stupidly overpowered secondary, the flare gun. Going to demo should be pretty straight forward after that.

Oh and M1 + M2 for the sticky.
    I love how you still think the flaregun is exactly like the demo's gun, yet you're god awful at demo.

What does this say?
    Haha yes, I am a goddamn mess at demo. Here, let all gaze at the awfulness of my demomaning.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nobody watches demos ever

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nobody watches demos ever
    Here let me give you a little taste to entice you to see how bad I am.
    Kill Streak:4 (at 22198)
    Kill Streak:5 (at 29797)
    Kill Streak:8 (at 38130)
    Kill Streak:4 (at 52128)
    Kill Streak:4 (at 74993)

:j

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010

So you got 25 kills in one map, probably on defense and mostly from spam. /clap

Also I'm never going to watch that demo when I could just join the server later today and witness the awfulness of your demo firsthand.

Anybody can have winning streaks and great days with classes, doesn't mean they're any good with them. Most of the time I see ya playin it's spammy spamm spamm.

I mean Zen is no pushover with demo, but it's not his main either, yet he got 50-0 one time. I haven't even done that and I play demoman so friggin much.

Flaregun is nothing like anything the demoman uses and you are a bad demoman for suggesting such.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man I miss running dudes over in 1942. TF2 needs vehicles so I can resume the fine tradition of collecting corpses on the hood of my jeep, the face of each locked in agony, the last thing they felt before they died.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Let's talk about how op sniper is.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Let's talk about how op sniper is.

They are pretty OP. They can kill me in one shot. What's up with that?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They are also immune to spies with the razorback, the only class with any hope of killing a sniper killing everyone in sight.

Not to mention the Jarate is like a free buff banner, no need to deal damage or stand next to your allies. And it recharges for free. Such bullshit. Oh, and it completely neutralizes pyros. I mean, come on!

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    Man I miss running dudes over in 1942. TF2 needs vehicles so I can resume the fine tradition of collecting corpses on the hood of my jeep, the face of each locked in agony, the last thing they felt before they died.
    I would totally love it if the engineer update was one of these:
    CarKid.jpg

He has spikes on the front and gets a burst of speed like the targe to run over people.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man. What the hell happened to this thread guys? I take like a year break from TF2 and now all this thread is is bitching and moaning and e-cock waving. What the hell.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Someone mentioned my greatness?

I can only stay if you give me an award.

Quizzy it was like this last year or you had a stroke and forgot it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You act like something has changed, Inquisitor.

Edit: Wait, why did I have a stroke.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Guys I spent a lot on these rose tinted glasses so quit obscuring my view of the past.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So you're being stupid on purpose?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So you're being stupid on purpose?

Ye...No...

Is this a trick question? *shrugs* Last I remember posting in these here threads it was mostly rampant speculation on the new map types and item unlocks and whatnot. This was right around before the spy/sniper update hit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Only class we have to speculate on now is the engineer, and I think we're all speculated out on him.

LET'S FIND OUT

I THINK HE SHOULD GET A PIPE BOMB AND A CHAINSAW

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Engineer should get a melee package. A warsuit fueled by metal and the weapons of the fallen.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It should light people on fire.

The final nail in the pyro coffin.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The thread has definitely taken a turn for the unpleasant in the last few months.

Heated arguments have been replaced by trolling and general snideness.

Do not like.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm hoping for a back-pack dispenser. I know it's an idea that's been bounced around before. Just produces area of effect healing and ammo, no metal though. Can upgrade by the engineer picking up ammo packs or fallen weapons on the ground. Probably less healing/ammo per second than a standard dispenser. But you know, it would actually give the engineer some kind of frontline role.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

So you got 25 kills in one map, probably on defense and mostly from spam. /clap

Also I'm never going to watch that demo when I could just join the server later today and witness the awfulness of your demo firsthand.

Anybody can have winning streaks and great days with classes, doesn't mean they're any good with them. Most of the time I see ya playin it's spammy spamm spamm.

I mean Zen is no pushover with demo, but it's not his main either, yet he got 50-0 one time. I haven't even done that and I play demoman so friggin much.

Flaregun is nothing like anything the demoman uses and you are a bad demoman for suggesting such.
    Those are streaks, rak. They don't start counting until it gets to 4.

Also I was watching the demo where I got second place as demoman on harvest even with my quadrupled sensitivity and jeez you sure talk a lot of trash at some guy that hasn't said a word.

rak guy in a - : oh wow goomba you killed me after i was lit on fire and hit by a rocket
    rak guy in a - : you're the greatest

Also flaregun has literally the same travel time and other than that, you're right. It's not like anything the demoman uses because it's not explosive, doesn't add 65% damage immunity, and most importantly it's not overpowered to the point of mind bogglingness.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gooma, you said 'hi rak' or something similar in a deliberately provocative manner, I remember that.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Gooma, you said 'hi rak' or something similar in a deliberately provocative manner, I remember that.
    Butterfly said, "hi goomba" after his stupid sentry killed me. And I said Asiina was loud. The rest of the time I was trying not to spin in circles.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I say hi provocatively all the time.

Goomba is just not a likable person.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't wait until the next update is coming out so the thread is full of speculation and good cheer and reading it won't make me want to shoot myself in the face.

Nobody cares how good you are at a class. NOBODY.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I can't wait until the next update is coming out so the thread is full of speculation and good cheer and reading it won't make me want to shoot myself in the face.

Well rak cares and that's why I was talking about how good I was at him. Like I really wasn't intending to do brag so much as point out to rak that I am actually a good demoman.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

That will only last until the update is actually out. Then literally everyone will be playing engineer and the game will be completely unbearable. Then we'll argue about it for 100 pages.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    The thread has definitely taken a turn for the unpleasant in the last few months.

Heated arguments have been replaced by trolling and general snideness.

Do not like.

Says the man who has the mark of shame.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Only class we have to speculate on now is the engineer, and I think we're all speculated out on him.

The vehicle kit. One transport vehicle the Engineer can drive around with,mounted gun on top (no automatic firing, needs to be manned) but does not come with dispenser.

Alegis on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, what did we even talk about before the updates? I'm pretty sure we just talked about how much we loved each other and then posted screenshots.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Engineer update should include Grizzly Man / Iron Man armor.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man, what did we even talk about before the updates? I'm pretty sure we just talked about how much we loved each other and then posted screenshots.
    From what I gather, how underpowered pyros were.

Seems to be a common trend.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

If I remember, thats pretty accurate.

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SirToons is living proof you can be retarded and still do good as pyro

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How well you do as pyro is 100% based on the skill level of the other team.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]