Options

TF2: SMD5000, making you wish SE++ designed games since Today, 03:27 AM

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WeX Screenshot Fortress 2

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I haven't had anything drop in ten hours or so

I may never craft anything

Squall on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Getting milestone 1 as a demo is easy, milestone 2 will take you a bit longer, but as soon as you get the sword you will be drowning in achievements

Pity no one actually uses the Scottish resistance

Because the SR is extremely situational. It's too much of a trade-off for the way the vast majority of people who aren't Zot play demo. Considering the way a lot of people use stickies, the achievement for destroying stickies with the SR seems like a total joke.

Someone should quote the scrimmage list from the last thread. I don't know what the most up-to-date list is. We should probably go ahead and make a group for it so we can use announcements and whatnot.

I quite like the SR

it's awesome for crowd control -- you just put a ton of stickies over an area, and then blow them up selectively as a heavy medic or a group of baddies moves through so they get hit over and over

it creates a trail of tears

(and I'm half way to the destroying stickies achievement)

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    keep redoing it or sap then start shooting, sappers damage faster than wrench repairs

I thought they nerfed the spy revolvers damage to buildings a long time ago.

The only thing I remember remotely related to that was a bug where the Ambassador could shoot engies through their buildings.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Has anyone else had a problem with the bots where you cant use your unlocks?

A few rounds in I'll spawn with the standard loadout and can't switch back to my unlocks unless I reconnect

Squall on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    no, the revolver used to do full damage to sapped buildings, now it does significantly less, it still does some though. But not nearly enough for you to stop sapping and try to shoot a building a engie is actively repairing.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ah. I think I have 30 minutes of playtime as spy, so I wouldn't remember that happening.
    Squall wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a problem with the bots where you cant use your unlocks?

A few rounds in I'll spawn with the standard loadout and can't switch back to my unlocks unless I reconnect

The cloud servers have been up and down a lot since the update. May not be related to your specific loadout at all.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Getting milestone 1 as a demo is easy, milestone 2 will take you a bit longer, but as soon as you get the sword you will be drowning in achievements

Because the SR is extremely situational. It's too much of a trade-off for the way the vast majority of people who aren't Zot play demo. Considering the way a lot of people use stickies, the achievement for destroying stickies with the SR seems like a total joke.

Someone should quote the scrimmage list from the last thread. I don't know what the most up-to-date list is. We should probably go ahead and make a group for it so we can use announcements and whatnot.

It's a different playstyle, it's not meant to be useful if you want to play Demo the old fashioned way. The idea was to encourage the defense/trapping playstyle by buffing that and nerfing the alternative. I think destroying stickies was probably added to give it some offensive functionality against other SR demos. It probably isn't good enough though, maybe it should reload faster or something too.
    no, the revolver used to do full damage to sapped buildings, now it does significantly less, it still does some though. But not nearly enough for you to stop sapping and try to shoot a building a engie is actively repairing.
    Yeah that doesn't work anymore, but it's still a good idea to shoot the sentry after sapping it if the Engie is only briefly distracted and you want to make sure it dies. I think it will go down right around the time you empty a full clip.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Maybe give it a full 14 clip. Or maybe make them not lose hold from blasts or leafblowing. I don't know. I can see why the targeting thing is useful to that playstyle, but I don't think it's enough to make that a solidly viable playstyle.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    can I just say that, as a medic, healing healing soldiers who may, at any moment, decide to pickaxe someone is incredibly frustrating

I ubered a guy last night, he shot his 4 rockets then whipped out the pickaxe. Oops, uber over.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    gurusloth wrote: »
    can I just say that, as a medic, healing healing soldiers who may, at any moment, decide to pickaxe someone is incredibly frustrating

I ubered a guy last night, he shot his 4 rockets then whipped out the pickaxe. Oops, uber over.

:)

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    gurusloth wrote: »

It seems like they added that as a convenience feature to protect Equalizer Soldiers against Medics, but it does double as a disadvantage that they can't melee while being healed. It needs all the downsides it can get though, they should list it as a negative on the item. With that and not being able to crit it might actually be balanced.

Zek on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    after all the things I did to pipthestupid I think I will forever love the DH

tyrannus on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I made a point of getting a medic, I think it was mully maybe?, to heal me and then took out the pickaxe and stood there calling medic at them until they left.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I made a point of getting a medic, I think it was mully maybe?, to heal me and then took out the pickaxe and stood there calling medic at them until they left.

h5 I did this too

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

It needs the area of detonation to go up I think, because goddamn I wasn't able to get out of anything at all

Maybe they should not have made the shield so fun

(Notice I did not say OP because goddamn if you are not a soldier or a demoman it is not that much of an issue to deal with)

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Maybe they should not have made the shield so fun

(Notice I did not say OP because goddamn if you are not a soldier or a demoman it is not that much of an issue to deal with)

yes

scout owns sword/shield demo

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah, if anything I hate the direct hit about a billion times more than I hate the sword and shield

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I finally got my milestone unlock (targe) a week later. Then like 15 minutes later I get one random dropped. :?But I also found an equalizer and unlocked the Eyelander! Life is good!

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It just annoys me because I have the delusion that if I had the DH myself I'd die to it a lot less when I soldier it up

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If anyone moans "Oh no he survived my explosion spam" I will show them how I survived with only a bottle during the week of broken milestones

Sword demos do not expect melee crits to the face

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Not having a sticky launcher has made me a million times better at pipes

holy crap I was getting SO MANY pipe kills last night

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Getting to milestone 2, one pipe achievement at a time

This is why I support the unlock system, forcing people into new ground and making them all the better for it

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I am a big slow moving target so the direct hit is not doing me annny favors

especially when people are smart enough to stay the hell away from me when firing them

I mean they usually kill me either way but by that time I've filled them with so many bullets they die too

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm enjoying this update as a heavy

Highlander demos all just lining up in their droves to be mowed down

Although at one point an equaliser soldier was running towards me with a medic on his ass- and regrettably all my bullets ending up doing was chip away his overheal so he could thwack me to death

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this update as a heavy

Highlander demos all just lining up in their droves to be mowed down

Although at one point an equaliser soldier was running towards me with a medic on his ass- and regrettably all my bullets ending up doing was chip away his overheal so he could thwack me to death

natascha's actually helped me a lot with dealing with the speedy melee folks poppin' up all over the place

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    oh shit that's right

that's a really cool and possibly intentional side effect to all these demo/soldier melee shenanigans

natascha is useful now

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    a lot of people still hate it, and the lower damage is frustrating sometimes but against a team full of scouts and targe demos and pickaxe soldiers it's pretty useful

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wish it at least spun up faster than sasha though

I mean, give me something to work with here

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh dang I'm gonna have to try Natascha now

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As a scout, I have to say that I loathe Natascha.

And I only have 3 demo achievements so far. Has anyone else noticed that the timing is off on the eyelanders animation? I was watching them kill before even starting to swinging. Dudes were all just running around the corner and bumping into demos and dying.

Geebs61 on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    sup nerds

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You'd think that the best part of Natascha would be that when you slow down a melee guy, it makes it that much easier for your soldier buddy to direct hit him.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Also, the highlight of my public 2forting the other day was when I was a soldier trying to convince someone to call for medic so I could switch and get the achievement, and while that was going on, I nailed two Scouts mid-air with the DH

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If anyone moans "Oh no he survived my explosion spam" I will show them how I survived with only a bottle during the week of broken milestones

Sword demos do not expect melee crits to the face

This, Demos and non-shotty Soldiers should always melee a sword demo when he gets close. You have a big advantage in melee if they miss their charge. That goes double for Pyros, just ignite and airblast them first.

Zek on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I really would like to try out the new demo weapons now that I have the soldier ones.

But with so many targe demomen running around, playing demo basically disolves into 'get your head chopped off'

repeatedly.

e: i've been on the recieving end of that trick.

I was all FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

101 on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't find any good achievment servers. There all full of guys who just run around padding their kill counts and forigners

Bucketman on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thats like every achievement server ever created

101 on
  • Options
    Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    When the scout update came out there were some really good achievement servers. A lot of helpful people in them too.

But I have not found that to be true with any of them after that.

Conclusion: Scouts are the best class and players.

Geebs61 on
This discussion has been closed.