We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

[Global Agenda] Thar be elves in my launch day!

15758596062

Posts

  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I played a little in the beta (joined late), and picked this up. I don't know if I want to go Recon or robotics.

    Also, when's the best time to message one of the people to join the PA Agency?

    Evigilant on
    Google+ Profile XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Conquest: (Requires Subscription)
    * Access to Alliance vs. Alliance (AvA) World Domination gameplay:
    o A massive scale campaign between player created agencies and alliances over scarce territory and resources on a persistent world map.
    o Attack and Defend Territories in zones that match your agency's schedule
    o Agency and Alliance Management - Create and maintain persistent player groups and officer ranks
    o Creation and Upgrading of Facilities - Control production and output
    o Base Raids - take enemy bases by coordinating 6 strike teams of 10 players each.
    o Agency Achievement System, Leveling, and Recognition
    * Mail System
    * Upgrade Text and Voice chat to support multiple channels and strike teams
    * Player Crafting with blueprints
    * Additional character customization options including elite character suits, dye colors, and seasonal flair
    * Ongoing Co-Op content at max character level
    * Ongoing AvA content, multiplayer PvP content, and new social areas
    * Must first purchase Global Agenda to activate a Conquest subscription.

    From:

    http://www.globalagendagame.com/thegame_conquest.html

    Thats really stupid decision on their part. That takes away a large chunk of the game from people who just made the initial purchase. (The crafting part i mean.)

    *chinstroke*

    are you saying that you paid... for this game... but are... dissatisfied with an aspect of it?

    but that isn't what you just questioned the validity of my posting for?

    rrrm.


    Anyways, I thought what would be cool would be some kind of crazy 24 man raid encounter with like a huge out of control (metal gear)giant nuclear robot

    No, its fine to not like an aspect. What i said was to stop trolling and making pointless posts and jabs at people who enjoy the game. It's annoying, and you're still doing it, and it's getting on my nerves.

    Go ahead and make useful criticism and constructive posts (even if negative.) but trolling and annoying people intentionally is irritating and pointless.

    On the flip side, i like your idea of 24 man raids or, even 10 man raids would be nice. A bunch of people together going against some big uber boss would be kinda neat.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I played a little in the beta (joined late), and picked this up. I don't know if I want to go Recon or robotics.

    Also, when's the best time to message one of the people to join the PA Agency?

    Recon and Robotics are the most prevalent classes in the game. Especially Robotics now it seems, it used to be Recon, but now we are coming across pug teams that are 70% poorly played Robotics. Basically whatever class is easiest to solo becomes the most popular it seems.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I played a little in the beta (joined late), and picked this up. I don't know if I want to go Recon or robotics.

    Also, when's the best time to message one of the people to join the PA Agency?

    Recon and Robotics are the most prevalent classes in the game. Especially Robotics now it seems, it used to be Recon, but now we are coming across pug teams that are 70% poorly played Robotics. Basically whatever class is easiest to solo becomes the most popular it seems.

    Really that's disheartening? Guess I'll try out medic or assault.

    Evigilant on
    Google+ Profile XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hehe, I was in a PvP match that had 6 medics, 2 assault, and then a robo and a recon. Fun times were had by all.

    Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I never see you on anymore Shorn, or your friend i had spawn beacon fun times with.

    Man im tired of Pugs, more people need to start logging in so i can have people to group with.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Both of us have been hella busy with work. What little gaming I've been doing lately is some League of Legends with some old Guild Wars friends of mine. I'll try to get on sometime soon.

    Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ten of one class should not be allowed.

    But nine of one class and a giant roaring robot should totally be allowed.

    815165 on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hate any match with more than 4 of any one class. It really breaks the game.

    5 good medics is just absurd.

    5 recons can swing either way

    5 assaults, as we have well demonstrated, can cut through any defense almost instantly

    5 robotics, for obvious reasons.

    Jasconius on
  • Eff-ehEff-eh Registered User
    edited February 2010
    We need as many people online for Citadel (9:00PM EST) as possible. We're at war with Titan alliance, we're going to be taking their hexes and giving them away for free to other alliances until they pay me 300k credits. That is all.

    Eff-eh on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    They sound super unhappy with us.

    edit: and who can blame them?
    2ljnf69.jpg

    815165 on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This sounds like an awesome idea

    Also, what are the gauss platforms like? Any good?

    Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's kind of hard to tell which of the giant shooty guns is killing the dudes, they go down so fast.

    815165 on
  • OrigamiOrigami Registered User
    edited February 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    It's kind of hard to tell which of the giant shooty guns is killing the dudes, they go down so fast.

    Basically this. I think there are like 7 deployables in HQ defense now that everything works. There really just isn't enough room for all the stuff. When a recon came in to throw bombs, they literally instantly died the moment they got revealed.

    I'd probably say that the T3 Rocket Platforms you get do at a very minimum of 1.5k damage. 2k would not surprise me at all.

    Origami on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Eff-eh wrote: »
    We need as many people online for Citadel (9:00PM EST) as possible. We're at war with Titan alliance, we're going to be taking their hexes and giving them away for free to other alliances until they pay me 300k credits. That is all.

    This is how we should play from now on. This is a fantastic idea. I just wish more people came on so i could do some AvA.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This game made me realize something:

    It is never - on the whole - fun, in any game at all, to play with random people.

    Ever.

    Garthor on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Garthor wrote: »
    This game made me realize something:

    It is never - on the whole - fun, in any game at all, to play with random people.

    Ever.

    Yeah. Unless you want a bunch of un-coordinated retards who will run off in random directions to become free kills or sit in one spot behind a ledge and do nothing to leech xp.

    The best i saw was a guy who kept taking the robot and jumping off the ledge with it when people started attacking him. He had this idea that he was going to "Stalemate" them or something, or deny them the kill if he jumped off. Both of which were incorrect.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Extortion. I have to say, this seems sort of dickish to me, even if it is rather clever.

    And very funny.

    Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    Extortion. I have to say, this seems sort of dickish to me, even if it is rather clever.

    And very funny.
    I think you'll find that they started it and are big meanies.

    815165 on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    Extortion. I have to say, this seems sort of dickish to me, even if it is rather clever.

    And very funny.

    I think it's the best way to make AvA rewarding, to be honest.

    Also we need more Officers in our Agency so we can do more AvA strike forces. It sucks that we only can ever have one going.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Eff-ehEff-eh Registered User
    edited February 2010
    "Member" rank players can attack hexes. I'll promote a bunch of dudes to Member.

    I wasn't dickish to them about it. I went on to their vent to deliver our terms, we had some lols about it. They were nice guys actually. I mean-

    KILL THEM ALL

    Eff-eh on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Eff-eh wrote: »
    "Member" rank players can attack hexes. I'll promote a bunch of dudes to Member.

    I wasn't dickish to them about it. I went on to their vent to deliver our terms, we had some lols about it. They were nice guys actually. I mean-

    KILL THEM ALL

    That's fantastic. I hope they pay us.

    We have essentially become a terrorist organization.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This game is sharded right? Anyone from australia play it? Hows the lag? Is it a big detriment or does the rpg stuff take care of that?

    I'm basically asking if it's twitch dependent for skilled play like tf2.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User
    edited February 2010
    This game is sharded right? Anyone from australia play it? Hows the lag? Is it a big detriment or does the rpg stuff take care of that?

    I'm basically asking if it's twitch dependent for skilled play like tf2.

    There are times where I could see lag being a problem, but overall I think the game is a little slower paced than a shooter normally is. As for how bad the lag is to Australia: someone answer this man, we need his heals.

    Mandalorian Rooster on
  • Eff-ehEff-eh Registered User
    edited February 2010
    We have an Aussie in the agency, He plays robotics and does just fine. I'm not sure how much his ping is.

    Eff-eh on
  • zilozilo Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Someday I'll be able to get home in time to play AvA. Never on Citadel but maybe Warlord.

    How'd the thing with Titan Alliance start? It sounds fun.

    zilo on
  • Fantastication2Fantastication2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This game is sharded right? Anyone from australia play it? Hows the lag? Is it a big detriment or does the rpg stuff take care of that?

    I'm basically asking if it's twitch dependent for skilled play like tf2.

    I've a 27 medic, playing from Brisbane. I like it.

    It's really pretty good with lag, you will have to lead shots though, which means meleeing or close range stuff can get a bit hairy. It's not the same time-to-kill as TF2, so you can actually react to people shooting at you and the like, there's also no one-shot kills to ruin your day.

    The netcode is fantastic, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

    Fantastication2 on
  • Gerbil2309Gerbil2309 Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Australian here, and i've played medic and robotic to 20 in the beta and have an assault at 20 now.

    It's very playable. I think it varies depending on your class and how you like to play (robotics being easiest, minigun assault being perhaps most challenging).

    Even as an assault i haven't had too much issue. I can't speak too much about how recons play.

    Gerbil2309 on
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This game is sharded right? Anyone from australia play it? Hows the lag? Is it a big detriment or does the rpg stuff take care of that?

    I'm basically asking if it's twitch dependent for skilled play like tf2.

    There are times where I could see lag being a problem, but overall I think the game is a little slower paced than a shooter normally is. As for how bad the lag is to Australia: someone answer this man, we need his heals.

    Being interested in it and actually buying it are two different things.

    But yes if I did play I would play a medic.

    That armor with the hive eyes for a visor is so badass.

    I'm just looking into it atm because it seems like a nice casual pvp game to play when I have free time in the semester without paying a monthly fee. I wont have time for the territory control stuff during the semester anyway so it's not a big loss.

    Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This game is sharded right? Anyone from australia play it? Hows the lag? Is it a big detriment or does the rpg stuff take care of that?

    I'm basically asking if it's twitch dependent for skilled play like tf2.

    There are times where I could see lag being a problem, but overall I think the game is a little slower paced than a shooter normally is. As for how bad the lag is to Australia: someone answer this man, we need his heals.

    Being interested in it and actually buying it are two different things.

    But yes if I did play I would play a medic.

    That armor with the hive eyes for a visor is so badass.

    I'm just looking into it atm because it seems like a nice casual pvp game to play when I have free time in the semester without paying a monthly fee. I wont have time for the territory control stuff during the semester anyway so it's not a big loss.

    Well, as a fellow Aussie who's bought the game (but isn't playing it much, so many great games out at the moment) - the game is very playable and fun. You will be at a slight disadvantage of course but for the most part it doesn't matter too much as a robotics or medic. There are still some niggles thanks to the lag (i.e. the medigun attaching itself to someone yet not healing them straight away)

    Playing an assault or melee recon is much harder (though sniping as a recon seems to go okay), generally you need to aim ahead of anyone you are trying to shoot, which can take some getting used too. Forget about meleeing people reliably though. However i guess you want to be a medic so who cares!

    Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No recon should ever go Melee unless they like dying constantly and being useless.

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    I never see you on anymore Shorn, or your friend i had spawn beacon fun times with.

    I had a "spawn beacon fun times" game yesterday.

    This is a public statement: if someone I play with does that and I am in a position of doing something about it, I will fucking end you.

    For instance, I have infraction buttons. And more. "Ban button fun times", for example.
    Origami wrote: »
    I'd probably say that the T3 Rocket Platforms you get do at a very minimum of 1.5k damage. 2k would not surprise me at all.

    I'd love to get to babysit a T3 RP some time. Mmm, Sensor + Power Station + ARC Arm = +70% turret damage. (if it works on siege stuff and not just robo-built stuff, that is)

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited February 2010
    I'm severely confused by this game after doing some research on it to see if it's worth buying. Maybe someone could clue me in and help me make a decision.


    From what I can tell, it's currently basically like any other small-scale online FPS with co-op, only with a persistent tactical map and crafting, and you have to pay money for a sub to get access to the MMO and persistent map features after buying the basic game.


    Am I missing a feature or something here?

    Because that doesn't seem like paid sub material if that's the case. I was expecting something more along the lines of Planetside when I first head about the game prior to/during beta.


    The actual concept of the game interests me. But MAG is already doing this on a much larger scale if that's all there is.

    Archonex on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    I'm severely confused by this game after doing some research on it to see if it's worth buying. Maybe someone could clue me in and help me make a decision.


    From what I can tell, it's currently basically like any other small-scale online FPS with co-op, only with a persistent tactical map and crafting, and you have to pay money for a sub to get access to the MMO and persistent map features after buying the basic game.


    Am I missing a feature or something here?

    Because that doesn't seem like paid sub material if that's the case. I was expecting something more along the lines of Planetside when I first head about the game prior to/during beta.


    The actual concept of the game interests me. But MAG is already doing this on a much larger scale if that's all there is.

    You should probably read the last five pages or so.

    Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • ArchonexArchonex Registered User
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Archonex wrote: »
    I'm severely confused by this game after doing some research on it to see if it's worth buying. Maybe someone could clue me in and help me make a decision.


    From what I can tell, it's currently basically like any other small-scale online FPS with co-op, only with a persistent tactical map and crafting, and you have to pay money for a sub to get access to the MMO and persistent map features after buying the basic game.


    Am I missing a feature or something here?

    Because that doesn't seem like paid sub material if that's the case. I was expecting something more along the lines of Planetside when I first head about the game prior to/during beta.


    The actual concept of the game interests me. But MAG is already doing this on a much larger scale if that's all there is.

    You should probably read the last five pages or so.

    I did. That's all I noticed. Which is part of my confusion.


    It just doesn't seem right for a game to have a paid sub system and have so little large-scale content, which made me wonder if I was missing something.


    I mean, that'd be like having to pay for one of those dime a dozen cash-shop FPS's that have three levels to play in, and everyone looks alike.

    Archonex on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I ain't makin a new thread. No time!

    Jasconius on
  • Galf0rgheedGalf0rgheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The newly-fixed HQ defense platforms were so much fun last night. 10 robos against Titan's "best" were just hilarious. I don't think holding HQ hexes would be that hard now with these working.

    How'd it get started with Titan?
    I think it was a random attack that we won, we started bidding on a second when one of them stood in front of me in the dome and started waving, then msg'd me - I forwarded to Effeh. He told me they were interested in forming an alliance, and asked if we'd be interested, etc, etc. I don't remember anyone doing anything BAD to them - I think they just got pissed because they kept loosing to us.

    Yesterday taught me AvA is fun when you really don't care about the outcome - and can suck when you do.

    Galf0rgheed on
    GlobalAgenda: DeadDave
    RL: AliveDave...or just Dave
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Archonex wrote: »
    I'm severely confused by this game after doing some research on it to see if it's worth buying. Maybe someone could clue me in and help me make a decision.


    From what I can tell, it's currently basically like any other small-scale online FPS with co-op, only with a persistent tactical map and crafting, and you have to pay money for a sub to get access to the MMO and persistent map features after buying the basic game.


    Am I missing a feature or something here?

    Because that doesn't seem like paid sub material if that's the case. I was expecting something more along the lines of Planetside when I first head about the game prior to/during beta.


    The actual concept of the game interests me. But MAG is already doing this on a much larger scale if that's all there is.

    You should probably read the last five pages or so.

    I did. That's all I noticed. Which is part of my confusion.


    It just doesn't seem right for a game to have a paid sub system and have so little large-scale content, which made me wonder if I was missing something.


    I mean, that'd be like having to pay for one of those dime a dozen cash-shop FPS's that have three levels to play in, and everyone looks alike.

    General consensus is that most people don't see why they think we should pay a sub fee for what they're currently offering.

    Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Galf0rgheedGalf0rgheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I believe this game has potential, the developers seem to listen to their customers very well and it looks like they have big plans for the 'finished product'. I think console games have spoiled the consumer on games coming out 'completed' - look at eve online, or wow for that matter; content patches bi-annually, with frequent fix-patches in between. I think if the player base stays strong GA will flower into a really fun game.

    Galf0rgheed on
    GlobalAgenda: DeadDave
    RL: AliveDave...or just Dave
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I believe this game has potential, the developers seem to listen to their customers very well and it looks like they have big plans for the 'finished product'. I think console games have spoiled the consumer on games coming out 'completed' - look at eve online, or wow for that matter; content patches bi-annually, with frequent fix-patches in between. I think if the player base stays strong GA will flower into a really fun game.

    Pretty much this, they've already stated they have a bunch of new areas and content coming up, and this AVA stuff is still pretty new and still requires some balance and working here and there, so it's certainly no time to give up hope yet

    Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
This discussion has been closed.