As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Apple IIc games. Where in the Hell?

EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles.Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
I'm buying an old Apple IIc off of Craigslist and I was wondering if anyone knew a decent place to buy the old games for it other than Ebay. Thanks!

Esh on

• Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Most would have gone free-ware by now I would think.

After the whole fall of Apple bit many companies cut there loses and dumped all there Apple work to go for Windows.

Vicious_GSR on
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Most would have gone free-ware by now I would think.

After the whole fall of Apple bit many companies cut there loses and dumped all there Apple work to go for Windows.

I know that. I'm trying to figure out where to buy used copies.

Esh on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Offhand, my best suggestion would be to check locally-owned computer/game stores and places like Goodwill or Savers.

I saw a C64 chess game at Goodwill the other day.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2007
    Even then dude, I could doubt many old Floppy Discs from that time are still useable...

Vicious_GSR on
    edited January 2007
    Even then dude, I could doubt many old Floppy Discs from that time are still useable...

Are you kidding? They're fully useable. :|

Esh on
    edited January 2007
    You'd be surprised. Floppy disks can last a long time.

And I wouldn't be surprised if there are places that have unused blank disks in warehouses somewhere.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2007
    Offhand, my best suggestion would be to check locally-owned computer/game stores and places like Goodwill or Savers.

I just bought this from Ebay a few minutes ago. Time for some nostalgia gaming.

Esh on
    edited January 2007
    Esh wrote:

You would be very surprised, most games have to be knocking back about 17 years now and the life-span on most floppy discs is about 10 years.

Vicious_GSR on
    edited January 2007
    Esh wrote:

I just bought this from Ebay a few minutes ago. Time for some nostalgia gaming.
    Wow, not bad.

I never really had a PC other than IBM-compatibles, though.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited January 2007
    Esh wrote:

You would be very surprised, most game have to be knocking back about 17 years now and the life-span on most floppy discs is about 10 years.

I've used and seen people use 20 year old floppies on a regular basis. Are ya done talkin' about things you have no idea about yet?

Esh on