As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Holiday [LOOT] thread

jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Another year of joy and festivities is about to pass us up, and we need somewhere to brag about the exceptional joy we have given and received. I was rather fortunate this year because all season I have been showered with gifts from wonderful people, and I have yet to open presents at my dad's for Christmas Eve, and my in-law's for Christmas day.

To kick off the thread, Judge-Z sent me this bounty of Loot in the G&T secret santa:

14551_187365256501_675636501_3487394_6790514_n.jpg

I also recieved from friends some wonderful Iron Fist (my fave comic character) stuff, including cookies!

19632_216344746501_675636501_3634698_2452296_n.jpg

My wife also bought me a Nintendo 64 with Golden Eye, OoT, Shadows of the Empire, DK 64, Pilotwings and Mario Kart 64. Among other cool things from her I got Brak Show season 1, Aqua Teen socks, Pirates of the Caribbean on Blu-Ray, Wall-E & Rattatoulle on Blu-Ray and some Venture Bros patches.

Oh, and she got me this Woot Shirt:
Dragon_BowlrbjDetail.png

So join me in talking about any denomination's (or non-denomination) or belief system, or non-religious's gift giving celebrations and brag about the cool shit you got.

Backlog Challenge: 0%
0/8

PS2
FF X replay

PS3
God of War 1&2 HD
Rachet and Clank Future
MGS 4
Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
Fable 3

DS
FF: 4 heroes of light
jeddy lee on

• Options
    Penguin_OtakuPenguin_Otaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm getting the new Mario game for Wii. Not sure what else.

My lady got me a box of cheese-its., a candle and a picture of us together framed. Meant so much to me. <3

Penguin_Otaku on
    sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My lovely lady got me the 32GB black iPhone.

So many $'s spent on so many worthless apps.

I also got issued a new MacBook Pro through work.

I'm an Apple product whore. :?

:winky:

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Spoilered for h-scroll rape
    loot.jpg

Delzhand on
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    Another year of joy and festivities is about to pass us up, and we need somewhere to brag about the exceptional joy we have given and received. I was rather fortunate this year because all season I have been showered with gifts from wonderful people, and I have yet to open presents at my dad's for Christmas Eve, and my in-law's for Christmas day.

To kick off the thread, Judge-Z sent me this bounty of Loot in the G&T secret santa:

I also recieved from friends some wonderful Iron Fist (my fave comic character) stuff, including cookies!

My wife also bought me a Nintendo 64 with Golden Eye, OoT, Shadows of the Empire, DK 64, Pilotwings and Mario Kart 64. Among other cool things from her I got Brak Show season 1, Aqua Teen socks, Pirates of the Caribbean on Blu-Ray, Wall-E & Rattatoulle on Blu-Ray and some Venture Bros patches.

Dragon_BowlrbjDetail.png

So join me in talking about any denomination's (or non-denomination) or belief system, or non-religious's gift giving celebrations and brag about the cool shit you got.

Holy shit man, is that a normal Secret Santa haul? That is insane. Also, is that...salad dressing?!?

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mighty muggs are so fucking cute

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    mighty muggs are so fucking cute

I'm kinda bothered that they gave Jazz and Bumblebee their "ear" pieces, but not Prime. I've been thinking about getting some modeling putty and putting it to work, but I don't want to ruin the figure.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So far, this
    300px-RedQueen.jpg

and a Motorola Droid.

And a 10 starbucks gift card(hint I don't drink coffee and there is not a starbucks near my apartment or work)

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »
    jack eddy wrote: »

Dragon_BowlrbjDetail.png

Holy shit man, is that a normal Secret Santa haul? That is insane. Also, is that...salad dressing?!?

Yes it is salad dressing, it is to make Buffalo Wings with. Bleu Cheese dressing, lest I use ranch and judge Z has to come to Alaska and face-rape me with his fist.

As far as the size of the haul, no, I think most are much less than that, but one dude did get a PS3, an extra controller and like 2 games this year from G&T SS.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a Colorado Rockies jersey. It is Tulowitski our short stop and my favorite player on the team. Looking forward to wearing come baseball season.

Also 200 bucks from my grandma and 30 bucks from my Aunt and Uncle. I spent the 30 already get like 10 games off of Steam with their holiday sale. Going to hit up a game store and get some PS3 games with the other money the day after Christmas.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my mom got me $200 to amazon and $100 cash.

dad got me Star Trek blu-ray and the yankees world series blu-ray. I also think he's going to agree to pay some of a computer for me but I'll know more later tonight.

and my step dad got me a gps but I won't know what model til tonight.

been a damn good christmas already.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The family got a Wii, 2 controllers, Madden 2010, and Animal Crossing City Folks (i'm gonna be buying the FF:CC:EOT for myself later).

I bought my mom Julie & Julia on DVD, the Susan Boyle CD, and a snuggie. Got my 2 brothers (one real, one not so related) both iTunes cards. Gave a best friend a $25 apple app store gift card. Got the boyfriend a whole bunch of little things that I'm not going to type here cause he'll probably read this thread and I dont' want him to know what he's getting since he's not getting it for another 3 weeks.

I got a copy of munchkin from the Lounge Secret Busdriver, as well as some butterfly shoestrings.

Oh, and my guy sent me a bouquet of flowers made of ferrero Rocher, an origami lily, and an origami rose. As well as a box of handmade NZ chocolates. Plus he's visiting in 3 weeks.

I think that's about it.

Edit: Oh, and a book called "Gods Behaving Badly" I'm only a bit of ways into it, but it currently is reading like a bad Neil Gaiman story. But still enjoyable.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got a new desk lamp
    Wyrd Sisters and Colour of Magic
    2nd latest Asterix
    Book about photography

I gave the latest Nicci French to my ma and a book with pretty pictures to my pa.

My christmas pales in comparison to some of you fuckers.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    in lieu of gifts, my parents said to my brother 'we paid off your car, it's yours now'

as for me they're paying for my study abroad trip to london in may

pretty good gifts

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    in lieu of gifts, my parents said to my brother 'we paid off your car, it's yours now'

as for me they're paying for my study abroad trip to london in may

pretty good gifts

that sounds like a very good gift

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    my boss got me a $50 gift card to whole foods

I used to to buy ingredients to make wassail

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Wait. You were supposed to blow it on booze.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, people need to get some patience and wait 'til tomorrow to open gifts.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

a) they don't sell actual liquor at whole foods

b) wassail IS booze you fool. it is a mixture of wine and ale and spices and whatnot

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

a) they don't sell actual liquor at whole foods

b) wassail IS booze you fool. it is a mixture of wine and ale and spices and whatnot

Okay, that's acceptable.

But it sounds too complex.

As long as you blew it on booze.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    the complexity is half the fun

whipping eggs to stiff peaks, mixing in apples that have been baked with brown sugar

etc

the other half of the fun, of course, is being drunk

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My fiancee got me the Complete Calvin & Hobbes Collection and a new watch - I got her 2 and a half hours at the spa
    Brother got me The Simpsons Scene-It - got him MW2
    Parents got me a 1TB Hard drive for my movie collection, as I convert it all from DVD to digital - got her a Wii (for her bday, too), him new skiing gloves

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    December 24 - Christmas Eve: Some families consider it acceptable to open a single Christmas gift on this day. Those families are dead to me.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    December 24 - Christmas Eve: Some families consider it acceptable to open a single Christmas gift on this day. Those families are dead to me.

<3 Kal

Has someone forwarded this thread to Tube so that it gets carried over to the Christmas Day forum lockout?

Henroid on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    im not christian
    i got my family gifts
    we are going away tomorrow
    i gave them to them today

i dont get gifts we dont do gifts

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My immediate family and I have always opened up our Christmas gifts Christmas Eve for several years now. It's mainly because on some Christmases my dad has to work a 24 hour shift and it's a way for all of us to open our gifts together. We open the rest with the grandparents and aunts and uncles on Christmas day proper.

On that note, I know my parents got me an iPod Touch. I won't know what else until tonight. I'm more excited for my parents and brother to open their presents as I think I did a particularly good job this year.

Invisible on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My grandmother and aunt chipped in and got me this motherfucker:

kitchenaid600pearl.jpg

They shipped it early, but other than that I don't know what I'm getting. Except my brother asked me if I brought a checked bag on the flight home, so I know I'm getting something heavy and/or dangerous.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So far, just board games for me. AKA: Great Christmas thus far.

Raiden333 got me Dominion Intrigue in D&D's secret sodomite.

My fiance got me Doom and it's expansion, Lord of the Rings - The Confrontation: Deluxe Edition, and Beowulf: The Legend.

Hoping to add more awesome stuff to this.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lots of clothes, and Mario and Sonic at the Special Olympic Winter Games.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The most surprising thing I got this christmas is a discgolf set and a CD I didn't know existed :)

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Was given the following awesome goodies:

New Super Mario Bros: Wii
    Silent Hill Shattered Memories
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Uncharted 2
    God of War collection
    Modern Warfare 2
    WoW: Wrath of the Lich King
    60 day card to WoW
    60 day card to Lord of the Rings Online
    District 9 (blu-ray)
    4 Gaming related shirts
    Rice Cooker (woo!)
    Luggage set (old one was falling apart, literally)
    $350 in cash

You know, I should be unemployed every Christmas.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think my parents are some kind of evil geniuses at getting me things I neither want nor need.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    My most awesome parental units bestowed unto me the Limited Edition Rockband: The Beatles, and my wife and I are now even more excited for the days of rocking to come.

CaptainPeacock on
    Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got new glasses and some books to put them to good use.

moniker on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my parents got me a fucking sweet Laptop. I got myself a bunch of games off Steam.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a bendy straw that has penguins on it.

Other things, too. But, man, it's a really great straw.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got 4 DS games, a wii game, something something something darkside, new bedding and 2 shirts.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got some clothing, some tea, and some ammunition. Now I've got enough to take out the whole neighborhood if they... well, you know. If they turn.

CycloneRanger on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I got a router and Windows 7 profesional.

Thats all.

Not even any cool boxes to make forts out of :(

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Dulcius_ex_asperisDulcius_ex_asperis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    From the bf I got:
    mad_men_season_2.jpglast-night-in-twisted-river.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8721888

I also got a pair of awesome knitted slippers from a white elephant exchange, which I am extraordinarily excited about because my feet are perpetually cold.

I still have gifts on their way from friends and family in CA, so yeah. My mom's clues for my present were "part of it is round" and "it can hurt you"...

Yeah, I have no idea what that could be. At all.

Dulcius_ex_asperis on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    From the bf I got:
    mad_men_season_2.jpglast-night-in-twisted-river.jpg
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8721888

I also got a pair of awesome knitted slippers from a white elephant exchange, which I am extraordinarily excited about because my feet are perpetually cold.

I still have gifts on their way from friends and family in CA, so yeah. My mom's clues for my present were "part of it is round" and "it can hurt you"...

Yeah, I have no idea what that could be. At all.

bullets are part round

and can hurt you.

YOUR MOM HIRED AN ASSASSIN TO KILL YOU

Buttcleft on