As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] - Arenas and Wall: the next Bonnie and Clyde

• Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just saw a highlight reel of Shannon Brown's and HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Is this kid going in the Slam Dunk contest against LeBron?

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just saw a highlight reel of Shannon Brown's and HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Is this kid going in the Slam Dunk contest against LeBron?

Probably, there's a big push for him to be. I'd say it's more likely that LeBron won't be in the contest than it is that Brown isn't.

Also I found this picture funny.

010104_walton_rehab.jpg

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fuckin Waltons, man. Ugh.

I thought LeBron already "promised" or whatever that he'd be in this year? This was supposed to be the year that Kobe, Vince, LeBron and Dwight all got down, with 2 scrubs/marks holding towels. Except Shannon Brown is fucking ridiculous. I jumped backwards in my chair wincing about 15 times watching this 10 minute reel. Ignore the dumb nickname, and the editor's annoying decision to loop AC/DC's TNT 3 times over the course of the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVLa02MDNc

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LeBron promised, but then a month or so ago he said that it was watered down and he was only about 50% that he'd go again.

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LeBron promised, but then a month or so ago he said that it was watered down and he was only about 50% that he'd go again.

Lebron knows he can't win. The only thing impressive is how high he gets, his actual dunks are boring and easy compared to just a second-tier dunker like Iguodala, let alone a Jason Richardson or Vince Carter.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the thing is, his ridiculous vert should make it easier for him to do something creative

really it's too bad that he gets wrapped up in whether or not it looks bad that he loses. No one cares if you lose the dunk contest if you go back out and average 25/7/7 the next week

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ProfsProfs Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Damn does Shannon Brown have ups.

Profs on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Profs wrote: »
    Damn does Shannon Brown have ups.

Yup. Loves to travel on the fast break, though... I think half of those plays didn't or shouldn't have counted for one reason or another, impressive though they were.

I guess I can't blame the officials for standing around with their mouths hanging open.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BubbaT wrote: »

Lebron knows he can't win. The only thing impressive is how high he gets, his actual dunks are boring and easy compared to just a second-tier dunker like Iguodala, let alone a Jason Richardson or Vince Carter.

He would be guaranteed to win because he would not allow the public to view any of the other dunks.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

He would be guaranteed to win because he would not allow the public to view any of the other dunks.

*rimshot*

UnknownSaint on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bergy wrote: »
    Bulls vs. Thunder tonight.

Pretty exciting matchup. Players of the week for both conferences represented.

Durant has scored 30+ points a game for 7 straight games.

Don't try to make da bulls important. I kid. I'm mentally trying to create a situation where a fictional Seattle team is important, so I do not blame you.

It was a good game the first 38 minutes, then the last 10 the Bulls fell apart and it went to blowout territory.

Durant is a such a scorer, its too easy for him.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ok guys, this is pretty freaking awesome: http://wii.ign.com/articles/105/1058039p1.html

New NBA Jam. NBA Jam was just plain awesome for nba fans and gamers alike.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Indiana's throwing Dukies against the Magic with Dahntay Jones, Dunleavy and McRoberts in at the same time.
    No wonder they're terrible this year.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TelMarine wrote: »
    ok guys, this is pretty freaking awesome: http://wii.ign.com/articles/105/1058039p1.html

New NBA Jam. NBA Jam was just plain awesome for nba fans and gamers alike.

I always thought the NBA Street series was already a spiritual successor to NBA Jam. So now EA's gonna have 2 different arcade basketball franchises?

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    anyone see the end of the warriors game? fuck this rigged bullshit.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

What happened?

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »

What happened?

after rebounding a nuggets miss, warriors bench + corey maggette are signaling/screaming for a timeout, but instead it is called a jump ball (3.4 seconds remaining here). The nuggets get possession of the ball and are awarded a timeout with 1.4 seconds to go (rigged bullshit part 1). Then, off the inbounds pass, JR smith throws up desperation 3 pointer but they call a phantom foul on Ellis (you can clearly see no foul), thus awarding 3 freethrows and the game. They even looked at the call on replay again to determine it was a 2 or 3, how can you when there was no foul? Fuck this.

I shoulda stated, warriors were up 1 when they rebounded the ball at 3.4.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    it's bullshit because a player almost always gets fouled on the final shot of a game but the referees will almost never call it

but then just once in a while

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "Fan fiction in the voice of Kobe Bryant"

Apologies if it's already been posted.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ugh i should just punt this week since i forgot to set my lineups
    no i didn't want k-marts 27-13 game thank you

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gilbert Arenas fires up the team before last night's game.
    tumblr_kvswu2GqCX1qzb7vj
    :lol:

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well they did win

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'd win too if the guy with the gun told me to.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gil suspended indefinitely.

Oh god what do I do with him on my fantasy team.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gilbert Arenas fires up the team before last night's game.
    tumblr_kvswu2GqCX1qzb7vj
    :lol:

I'm guessing this is one of the reasons he is suspended.

what a jackass.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So does anyone *actually* know what happened in that locker room in December? My understanding is that the initial NYPost story that broke was essentially bullshit -- what a surprise for that tabloid piece of shit paper.

Arenas had an unloaded gun in his locker, then something something happened, and then he didn't show proper remorse over the incident. Now he's suspended indefinitely.

Anyone have a clearer sense than I do of what really happened?

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    He was just trying to one-up delonte west.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think Delonte already one-upped Arenas.

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I can't believe Arenas' suspension will be that long. Delonte West didn't get a long suspension for going all Desperado. JR Smith blew through a stop sign and got his passenger killed and didn't get a long suspension. Stephen Jackson fired 5 shots into the air outside a club and didn't get a long suspension.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah but David Stern is an asshole

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Delonte West never got suspended.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Not on league soil the Bubba. Remember what happened just by having a fight on league soil that made it into the stands?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Really guys? What do you think your boss would do if he found out you brought guns to work?

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    I still find Arenas pretty hilarious.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ask if he could shoot it.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not on league soil the Bubba. Remember what happened just by having a fight on league soil that made it into the stands?

I don't think the league soil is as big a deal as "during game, aka on TV." The brawl was on TV, so was the Nuggets-Knicks fight. Kobe's rape case, which was a much, much bigger deal than this, wasn't on TV and didn't result in a long suspension.

This Arenas thing wasn't on TV, and apparently wasn't even taped by someone's cellphone camera. There's no footage for ESPN to run for the next month if Arenas isn't suspended 30 games.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Really guys? What do you think your boss would do if he found out you brought guns to work?

Depends on the legality of the situation and the company policy and how desperate they were to keep me.

In short, maybe nothing if they were unloaded and no laws were broken.

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    He's suspended because ESPN got outrageitis.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    According to TMZ (via Simmon's podcast), Arenas doesn't have a license for any of the guns.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Depends on the legality of the situation and the company policy and how desperate they were to keep me.

In short, maybe nothing if they were unloaded and no laws were broken.

The NBA has a rule on it and the former murder capital of the world (DC) certainly has strict gun laws.

I don't think the league soil is as big a deal as "during game, aka on TV." The brawl was on TV, so was the Nuggets-Knicks fight. Kobe's rape case, which was a much, much bigger deal than this, wasn't on TV and didn't result in a long suspension.

This Arenas thing wasn't on TV, and apparently wasn't even taped by someone's cellphone camera. There's no footage for ESPN to run for the next month if Arenas isn't suspended 30 games.

The Kobe case can't even be used for comparison. The NBA can't suspend Kobe for something that allegedly happened, whereas Gilbert broke city laws and NBA rules.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

This discussion has been closed.