As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For some reason War still never changes. Again.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    fuckin Greyditch can blow me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    I did greyditch at level 5

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Halo is cold dick on hot balls. It isn't good and it makes everything soggy.

Maybe if you stick in your cereal but taken alone it's a nice thing.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's too bad Bethesda couldn't churn out some more DLC taking you outside the Wastleland or even continuing the story past Broken Steel, because at this point I've done absolutely everything in that game. All the quests, all the dlc, took 3 characters to 30 on good, neutral, and evil. I've got nothing left to do except wander. And that makes me sad.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    BrimfieldBrimfield Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    fuel should be pretty rare and you should probably get the vehicle near the end of the game

I was always under the impression that the cars are power by nukes in some way. Probably because of the way they explode.

It'd actually be pretty great to use Mini Nukes in your car.

edit:
    The cars in Fallout 3 are based on the Ford Nucleon, a concept car built to run on a nuclear generator in the 1950s.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Nucleon

Brimfield on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    xbl: brimfields
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    if they did it they would just copy over the concept from F2 and make you use the fusion ammo

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    PhoneBonePhoneBone Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's too bad Bethesda couldn't churn out some more DLC taking you outside the Wastleland or even continuing the story past Broken Steel, because at this point I've done absolutely everything in that game. All the quests, all the dlc, took 3 characters to 30 on good, neutral, and evil. I've got nothing left to do except wander. And that makes me sad.
    Since last week, I'm in the same boat. 3rd playthrough (neutral) I've got no side quests left, no dlc quests. All bobbleheads collected, most unique weaponry found. On the one hand, it's a bit of a relief, because playing FO3 was starting to feel a bit like an addiction, with many hours of sleep sacrificed, but I'm sure I'll revisit the wasteland one day. I can only hope New Vegas is anywhere near as good as FO3 (albeit with less freezing/crashes on PS3 please), so I can completely wreck my social life again.

Now I can finally spend some time with other games that I purchased in the last couple of months. No game could get me to put FO3 down before I finished everything I wanted to do.

PhoneBone on
    dansig.gif
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I originally played through my 125 hours without being online, so I didnt get any achievements. I went back to kind of load from saves and do achievements, now that ive got a proper live account, and they dont seem to work. Primarily the pickpocketing grenade acheievment, no matter what I do I dont get the achievement, ie, placing a grenade by itself, stealing their stuff then placing a grenade, placing a grenade then stealing their stuff.

Is it like a profile thing? I havent changed profiles, just enabled live on the one I had.

Prohass on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Might try doing it on a new game to see if it sticks. It might be already flagged in your save game as "completed" without you having gotten the actual badge.

Edit: Oh hey, that's sure a five-day-old post.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, killing hillbillies in point lookout is pretty cool.

Favorite DLC and probably favorite part of the entire game.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am playing Fallout 3 right now, Point Lookout. I am mega-tripping in a section in there, which is part of the storyline I suppose.

I hope I am not walking into a trap.

Someone tell me I'm not walking into a trap (that I could avoid)?

mully on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I started a playthrough recently where I refused to do fast traveling or reloading, even in the event of death. It instantly makes everything you do much more rewarding.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mully wrote: »
    I am playing Fallout 3 right now, Point Lookout. I am mega-tripping in a section in there, which is part of the storyline I suppose.

nope, there's nothing avoidable about this whole situation
    Fugitive wrote: »
    I started a playthrough recently where I refused to do fast traveling or reloading, even in the event of death. It instantly makes everything you do much more rewarding.

this sounds unbelievably boring

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    AHHH IM BALD
    okay that whole skeleton-on-a-stretcher labeled "mom" was pretty harsh ... especially the inscription of "if i had a kid this ugly id abandon it too"

bethesda you guys are mean jerks

mully on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Point Lookout is really difficult. I beat it once with my first guy but I can't get past the first mission for Desmond with my current guy.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »

nope, there's nothing avoidable about this whole situation
    Fugitive wrote: »

this sounds unbelievably boring

It really is a lot of fun, or at least the no fast travel part is. It just doesn't feel like you're wandering a post-apocalyptic wasteland if you can instantly teleport to everywhere you've ever been.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i now have to make a choice between a ghoul and a brain
    what the hell

mully on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I hope my current playthrough of this is not a casualty to Mass Effect 2 coming out.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just finished my first playthrough with the game of the year edition

60 dang hours man

also Point Lookout was the first of the DLC I went through.

I was around level 10 or 11 when I started it and ended up at level 17.

Rocked it like a boss and used a double-barrel shotgun for the rest of the game

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    super mutant overlords can fuck off

also feral reavers

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    god damn reavers

also so glad I
    took president eden up on his offer and murdered all the ghouls/supermutants

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    but TLB, if you do that then you miss out on a bunch of broken steel content!

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gattling laser + ammocheat.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

dogg that can't be true

I did a bunch of things in broken steel!

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

dogg that can't be true

I did a bunch of things in broken steel!
    i mean, like, sidequests

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well eff sidequests

eff them in the face

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    that's silly

you're silly

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    look I did a bunch okay

after the 60 hour mark I just want it to ennnnd

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fuck, I really need to get Broken Steel and finish up all the sidequests in this game.

But ME2 comes out tomorrow. Oh well. Maybe this summer.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    maaaaan

Three Dog why you gotta make me wanna kill you so bad.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(i did a sandman kill on Three Dog)

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    after the 60 hour mark I just want it to ennnnd

This. Right here.

Any time a game goes over about 30 hours now, unless it's an exceptionally awesome game, I start feeling like COME OOOOOOOOOON

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know how at Paradise Falls there's a little porch on the top floor of Eulogy's pad that you can go out onto?

Well I murdered all the slavers but couldn't find Eulogy's bitch (not Clover, the other one). It turned out she was up there so I killed her and threw her torso of the side then arranged her limbs so I could put the sword she was carrying in the middle of them all so she would like like a stick figure corpse.

This game is awesome

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Killing 3 Dog was great

Also murdering every town I was never going back to again

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KoolaidguyKoolaidguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Killing 3 Dog was great

Also murdering every town I was never going back to again

When I get bored with this game i'm just hoing to kill every killable npc I can find.

Koolaidguy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know how at Paradise Falls there's a little porch on the top floor of Eulogy's pad that you can go out onto?

Well I murdered all the slavers but couldn't find Eulogy's bitch (not Clover, the other one). It turned out she was up there so I killed her and threw her torso of the side then arranged her limbs so I could put the sword she was carrying in the middle of them all so she would like like a stick figure corpse.

This game is awesome

I spent about fifteen minutes finding fun ways to kill Tenpenny and throw his corpse/individual body parts off the balcony.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh my god this spy mission in point lookout is the best thing in fallout

mully on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    also, question; i see there are achievements for reaching level 30 as good, neutral, evil now ... but i started into point lookout at level 20 ... and i'm still level 20 with absolutely no gain. ...what the hell? how do you get levels now?

mully on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    also, question; i see there are achievements for reaching level 30 as good, neutral, evil now ... but i started into point lookout at level 20 ... and i'm still level 20 with absolutely no gain. ...what the hell? how do you get levels now?

You have to get the "Broken Steel" DLC to raise the level cap to 30.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    oh my god this spy mission in point lookout is the best thing in fallout

It is indeed pretty awesome.

august on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

This game is awesome

I spent about fifteen minutes finding fun ways to kill Tenpenny and throw his corpse/individual body parts off the balcony.

Shooting that old bastard in the face, stripping him naked and then pitching his lifeless corpse off the balcony for the first time was the most triumphant I have ever felt playing a video game

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor