As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Color Wheel game over. Blue, Purple, and Black win.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    I had a weird dream I was blue and getting bandwagoned for being Black.

And I had no idea how to get out of it.

/insert your own sexual joke here

MYGOD!

That's TWO in a week!

I'm so proud of you Advent! :^: <3

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Hay guys I just finished my work for the term.

thats a late finish....

Pretty much.

Last exam was on the 19th, but I got the added pleasure of having a project to start and complete by the 28th.

You know, cause I didn't have to do holidays and family shit. And work. And move. Thanks prof! :x

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Heheh... what a wonderful spreadsheeting exercise.

Sample Spreadsheet

Based on inputs in column 4 (Effective Color), 5 (Effective Ability), 17 (Elimination Vote History), and 19 (Target History), the spreadsheet should be able to spit out accurate results for the color votes in columns 21-26. There are a few quirks: Elimination bonus abilities should be entered in column 5 as "Eliminator P", "Eliminator G", and "Eliminator O". Other than that, I'm fairly sure it's comprehensive. Please test it out, let me know if there are any errors or bugs.

EDIT: I guess I should also say that votes (in 17/19) need to be in the form "Player Name [Post Number]" to be counted. And spelling counts as well!

EDIT 2: A few bugs and errors fixed; reuploaded.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Sample Spreadsheet

Based on inputs in column 4 (Effective Color), 5 (Effective Ability), 17 (Elimination Vote History), and 19 (Target History), the spreadsheet should be able to spit out accurate results for the color votes in columns 20-25. There are a few quirks: Elimination bonus abilities should be entered in column 5 as "Eliminator P", "Eliminator G", and "Eliminator O". Other than that, I'm fairly sure it's comprehensive. Please test it out, let me know if there are any errors or bugs.

EDIT: I guess I should also say that votes (in 17/19) need to be in the form "Player Name [Post Number]" to be counted. And spelling counts as well!

so, let's say a theoretical friend of mine wants to trade his soul for skill at the blues, MrBlarney...

Lucedes on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm probably going to regret this, but I'll sign up. This game looks like it might drive me mad, though.

Bremen on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MrBlarney wrote: »

Sample Spreadsheet

Based on inputs in column 4 (Effective Color), 5 (Effective Ability), 17 (Elimination Vote History), and 19 (Target History), the spreadsheet should be able to spit out accurate results for the color votes in columns 21-26. There are a few quirks: Elimination bonus abilities should be entered in column 5 as "Eliminator P", "Eliminator G", and "Eliminator O". Other than that, I'm fairly sure it's comprehensive. Please test it out, let me know if there are any errors or bugs.

EDIT 2: A few bugs and errors fixed; reuploaded.

Does anyone else want to make a bet that Mr.Blarney will survive the entire game due to the fact that everyone will be confused (even the mafia) ?

Egos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does anyone else want to make a bet that Mr.Blarney ... will be ... mafia?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ah-ha!!!

The knife wielding in the IRC channel worked! Bremen has decided to join us!

Joy!!!

Now, to work on Kay.....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    D:

D:D:

D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

My brain hurts. *sob*

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Does anyone else want to make a bet that Mr.Blarney will survive the entire game due to the fact that everyone will be confused (even the mafia) ?

That would be absolutely lovely. Of course, I'm putting everything down now, before the game starts, just in case of an early exit. But certainly, I'd like to be around for the whole game...

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    just finish OP. I'm confused. How many votes per person?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think having the other colors not need to focus on the actual mafia makes this game like two phallas running at once

M.D. on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

One vote, in the thread. But depending on what color you are, it will count for additional things rather than just the village vote.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Just shut up and go with it Sami.

lolol

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Just shut up and go with it Sami.

lolol

Its good to be back were I'm loved.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darian wrote: »

One vote, in the thread. But depending on what color you are, it will count for additional things rather than just the village vote.

Wait, I thought that there was a vote and there was a target? Are you saying whoever you vote for is also who you are targeting?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Wait, I thought that there was a vote and there was a target? Are you saying whoever you vote for is also who you are targeting?

One vote and one target, both public. But the question was "how many votes?" Which is why he answered "one."

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    One could, I believe, vote for !kime and target !lonelyahava with one's power. If one so desired. In those colors, like that, if I am not mistaken.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    kime wrote: »

One vote and one target, both public. But the question was "how many votes?" Which is why he answered "one."

Thank you kime and T_R. Thats what I was asking. Dont need smartasses tonight. Demon's Soul has piss me off enough.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yes, there is one !vote and one !target per person each night. Those add to the different color vote counts depending upon what your current color and role is. The White vote count is the most basic one and is the same as a normal phalla game, it's the others where you have varying amounts added depending upon your color.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yep, everybody gets a !vote and a !target to post into the thread each day. These votes and targets go toward seven methods of elimination, each based on a different color.

The White elimination is the standard one, everybody's !vote counts the same toward it and the person with the most !votes gets eliminated.

The Red, Blue, and Yellow eliminations are mostly based on everyone's !votes. The weight of each person's !vote is based on their role color. There is also a minor impact of players who have a 'Protector' ability: their !target may remove votes from one or more of these primary-color eliminations.

The Green, Orange, and Purple eliminations are based entirely on certain players' !target abilities, and are not affected by !votes. Players with the 'Eliminator' ability add votes to the secondary-color eliminations (with a bonus to one depending on type), while players with the 'Protector' ability may remove votes from one or more secondary-color elimination.

There is also a Black elimination that is not affected by !votes nor !targets. Instead, it is a 'mafia kill' that is directed by the non-Joker Black-color players. Notably, while the group does get only one kill, it is a free target and it is unblockable.

ON PREVIEW: Ah, beaten by the host. Whatever.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    okay

I might play

but good GOD this sounds confusing, give me until tomorrow to think it over yeah

Raneados on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's the worst that could happen?

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think having the other colors not need to focus on the actual mafia makes this game like two phallas running at once

I suspect a lot of people saying "Stupid Village". When in fact people are just voting to try and get rid of their opposing colors, so they just don't care that much about hitting mafia.

Seems to always happen in faction/traditional hybrids.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey hey hey!

Get your silly target offa me, Lucedes. Or I'm gonna start calling you Lucy.

Wait.

That's a good idea.

Raney:: Just make it through the first coupla days.

Edit:: oh, and Sami, I do loves you! You just haven't felt the knife yet. Give it time!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Another way to think about the secondary color votes is that there aren't any true vigs in this game. Instead, some roles get to add additional votes to who would get killed by each color's "vig". The votes for the primary and secondary color kills can all be manipulated in different ways by different roles, but the White and Black kills are both unalterable and unblockable.

Savant on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thank you kime and T_R. Thats what I was asking. Dont need smartasses tonight. Demon's Soul has piss me off enough.

Oh gosh - Demon's Souls - the only game that's ever made me rage quit.

I sympathise man.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wanna play that game but from the zero puncuation on it it made me think I would be upset a lot

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wanna play that game but from the zero puncuation on it it made me think I would be upset a lot

It depends on how well you can convince yourself that you "deserve the pain". I find it a lot less frustrating than games like Ninja Gaiden and such. The difficulties feel like something you can overcome if you have the right tools/tactics as opposed to l337 skills . Especially after you've conquered a few and see how the game generally works.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Getting all the role PMs ready, and I wanted to ask your guys opinion on something. Do you want me to list in there how your !vote will add to the Blue, Red, and Yellow votes, or is the info in the OP enough for you?

Either way is fine with me.

Savant on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    might be good to put it in the pm if it's not too much of a hassle

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    might be good to put it in the pm if it's not too much of a hassle

I have placeholders for the win condition currently that I can do a find and replace all on, so I could sneak it in there without any trouble. I was going to post a sample role PM tomorrow to show that it really doesn't look all that scary for any potential people to join later on.

Savant on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I, too, would love that info in the role PM.

Only if it isn't a hassle.

Hippie on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would play but the colors are dazzling me.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Put some shades on then

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I will sign up. Strike me from the reserves list.

Work is so very close to being done I can take a 30 minute break for day 1 at least.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Oh gosh - Demon's Souls - the only game that's ever made me rage quit.

I sympathise man.

I got 2 SLs and 200k souls lost last night. I ashamed that I did rage quit. First time in my 18 years of gaming.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Is it too late...

...to Sign up?

Rend on
  • Options
    Kevin R BrownKevin R Brown __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    If it isn't, I'm in.

Kevin R Brown on
    ' As always when their class interests are at stake, the capitalists can dispense with noble sentiments like the right to free speech or the struggle against tyranny.'
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    We still need like twenty players. SIGN UP GUYS. DO IT!

Lucedes on
This discussion has been closed.