As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It is a good life we lead, brother. May it never change. (AC2 THREAD)

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i love all the future stuff

but i do want more games to take place in various places throughout time and i think industrial london would be the best

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just got this today, and just got up to the point where you become Batman, I mean, an assassin. So far I'm likin' it a lot more than the first game. The bigger variety of missions is great, the blend mechanic is way better, and Ezio seems like a much more rounded character than Altair.

Though I do hope that you eventually get to find out what happened to Altair after the end of the first game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forgot to mention from last night, this is the first current gen game that i have got all achievements on, only to then go and start playing it again. Its actually kinda nice to play it while not worrying about getting those fuckers. It makes me realize just how much i dislike achievements, yet i am addicted to them.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't really worry about them at all. I don't see the point in doing something that I don't have fun doing without reward. Or much reward. Or one I care about.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i think i'm at 880

the only achievements left that i realistically expect i'll get just dicking around are the ones for buying whores and tripping people

satansfingers on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This game is so good it's mindblowing.

I don't think I've ever played a sequel that was so much better than the first.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    so many flaws with the original got fixed

every assassination different, no more dumb overworld, combat deepened, more shit to do, that whole villa thing, weapons/armour/dyeing clothes, far better designed cities, better characters, playing after completion of the main story made far less of a hassle

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait wait wait

Did that guy seriously just say "It's-a me, Mario!"?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    nope

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh well okay then

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay so I saw the warhammer and bought it because hey it looked cool. But then I bought the falchion because I also wanted that.. but I can only have one weapon at once.. is there a way to get my old one back?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Okay so I saw the warhammer and bought it because hey it looked cool. But then I bought the falchion because I also wanted that.. but I can only have one weapon at once.. is there a way to get my old one back?

There's a room in your house with every weapon you buy.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OH. Thanks.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh dang the upgrading the villa stuff seems like it could add a really neat dimension to the game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It totally hits all the right places for me. I love home bases and upgrading them.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Though in the back of my mind I'm gonna be constantly thinking "Listen motherfucker, gimme all those new weapons for free or I'm going to fire your ass."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dichotomy your av/sig rules

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Though in the back of my mind I'm gonna be constantly thinking "Listen motherfucker, gimme all those new weapons for free or I'm going to fire your ass."

I keep thinking that whenever I go to a blacksmith

"Give me your hammer. I own your shop."

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    captaink you are not Captain K?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    captaink is the not-mod. Captain K is the mod.

Also I do like the city thing. Unfortunately I am spending basically all of my money on it instead of buying me stuff so I figure I will run out of stuff to do there soon.

Also I felt really bad because after going on a guard murder-spree, I decided to test my poison dagger on a civilian and holy crap I just felt bad. I mean sure I guess I could have done it to a dickish guard or one of those fucking bards, but I just felt bad for this guy. He probably had a family and everything. I ended up stabbing him in the neck to end his suffering.

Artreus on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Spoiler when you have to hunt down four assassination targets about mid-game
    I poisoned the two archers on the tower and they swung wildly and killed my assassination target. 8-)

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm in Venice and just
    killed the Scottish looking guy in his castle place

about how far am I?

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    pretty far

satansfingers on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Shoot

I should get those feathers then, huh

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    doesn't really matter
    feathers are purely fluff (ha!) unlockable and you can keep playing after you beat the main story

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it lets you keep playing after the story's over

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can you revisit assassination things?

Even replay races and assassination contracts?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can go to the memory database and replay everything except story missions.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Do you ever get pulled out of the Animus to explore the real world like you did in the first game?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Once or twice. Its not as frequent as in the first game.

101 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What I mean is I've already done all the assassination contracts I can find.

I can't replay the story missions, but I can replay the random side stuff?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What I mean is I've already done all the assassination contracts I can find.

I can't replay the story missions, but I can replay the random side stuff?

Yeah they dropped the ball on that pretty badly.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That

That is ass backwards

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It makes more sense to me that you can play the random stuff rather than the missions. If you want to play the missions you can start a new game?

Artreus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    It makes more sense to me that you can play the random stuff rather than the missions. If you want to play the missions you can start a new game?

But what if I want to play one of the earlier missions with some of the later items? Or just want to do one bit of one mission over again.

I mean If I want to play the random stuff I could make a new game as well.

So, basically. Maaaan whaaaaaat? No.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Games without New Game+ lose some points.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've never really been all that big on New Game +. I personally don't have fun playing through old areas with weapons that are overpowered for the area.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2010
    I only do that if there are collectibles that I missed earlier in the game and the overpowered weapons will make it easier to get them

AC doesn't really have that problem though

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I beat this last night! Solid game, and the story was pretty cool. Can't wait for the DLC, I'd love to run around a bit more. Didn't get all the feathers, though - I figure I'll do that when the DLC comes out so as not to burn myself out on the game.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is the pistol really that useless

Zen Vulgarity on