As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

25 dollars to gamestop

ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Howdy all, I have a twenty five dollar giftcard to game stop that I'm intending to spend on a variety of cheap and or used XBOX360 games.

I find myself in need of recommendations.

I'm thinking about that Sega Mega Collection thing, but otherwise I'm totally open to the random, the wacky, and anything that maybe flew under the radar.

I love sim style games. Tropico 3 is a game I'm buying in February. I dislike Shooters. I love random humor and action games, as well as games with a great plot.

Long Story Short: The Zanier the Better.

So what's the cheapest most under rated 360 game you can think of, that I could buy Penny Arcade? Recommend On!

ANTVGM64 on

• Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Zany, huh? The only games I have that I'd think of as "zany" would be Overlord or Dead Rising. Both are quite excellent, and neither are shooters.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Think think think.

$25...random and zany.

Maybe your best bet is to get a $20 card for xbox live arcade. You can get access to Monkey Island from there and a plethora of other zany games.

Also, I have the sega mega collection, it's alright but does have some throw away titles.

It does, however, have Shining Force 1 and 2 if you're into that.

Sipex on
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've always wanted to play those.

is there any kind of like, Harvest Moony kind of games for the 360? I was looking and couldn't find anything.

ANTVGM64 on
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    250px-Viva_pinyata.jpg
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Likened to The Sims, Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, the game tasks the player with turning a neglected plot of land into a beautiful garden. As with many sandbox games, the game is open-ended, with no strict winning or losing requirements. Instead, players are guided only generally towards the objectives of increasing their garden's value and attracting piñata residents. Players are free to determine their own sub-goals and work towards them.
    ?

Taximes on
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Taximes wrote: »
    250px-Viva_pinyata.jpg
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Likened to The Sims, Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, the game tasks the player with turning a neglected plot of land into a beautiful garden. As with many sandbox games, the game is open-ended, with no strict winning or losing requirements. Instead, players are guided only generally towards the objectives of increasing their garden's value and attracting piñata residents. Players are free to determine their own sub-goals and work towards them.
    ?

Yes, but get the second one (Trouble in Paradise, not the stupid Party game).

Ganluan on
  • KevdogKevdog Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Sipex wrote: »
    Maybe your best bet is to get a $20 card for xbox live arcade. You can get access to Monkey Island from there and a plethora of other zany games.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. It doesn't get much zanier than Splosion Man.

Kevdog on
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    if you can find it, this game should be not only cheap, but loads of awesome cheesy fun.

Earth Defense Force 2017

EclecticGroove on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kevdog wrote: »
    Sipex wrote: »

This is what I was going to suggest as well. It doesn't get much zanier than Splosion Man.

Also Psychonauts, maybe?

But second Dead Rising. Perfect blend of horror and wtf mega man.

Sir Carcass on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Seconding a XBLA card. Splosion Man and Castle Crashers are the definition of zany.

Dead Rising, Viva Pinata, Psychonauts (either a used oXbox disc or downloadable with a XBLA point card) and Earth Defense Force 2017 (except it's a shooter) are four other excellent suggestions.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    thirding/fourthing/fifthing Dead Rising.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you're not limited to 360 games look out for Phantom Dust. It's both zany and under the radar.`

Atlus Parker on
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Do you hate all shooters, or just FPS, because Razes Hell is funny, under rated, and zany. It's a 3rd person shooter. (xbox original you can dl on Live.)

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391