As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Year's Evil: The All-New [Villains] Thread

2»

• Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wingo wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    If anyone else played Bowser's Inside Story, it proved that he was the best villian around. He may fail, but he tried his hardest. On top of that, the dude is a pimp, if all of his kids are an indication.

Bowser is to date one of the best villians ever created.

Dammit! I was just looking at this list, thinking to myself: why, there's still one big name missing. And just when I decided to add that name myself... Ninja'd. :P

But seriously, does Bowser even count as a villain anymore? The Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series has elevated this guy far above mere villainy. As far as I'm concerned, Bowser qualifies as a living, walking commentary on the ridiculousness of villains, and beyond that, he's a quite sympathetic character. Also, he always gets the best lines.

And you gotta respect someone who's beaten up his own fortress. :P
    So true. I'm playing through Bowser's Inside Story right now, and it's great. I'm enjoying Bowser's sequences 10x more than Mario and Luigi's.

"Like the moon over
    the day, my genius and brawn
    are lost on these fools."

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oops, I guess I was mistaken about Charles Martinet.

I could've sworn I've seen some kind of "making of" video on one of the Soul Reaver games and he was in it. But, double checked IMDB and I guess I'm wrong.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    kerrigan.jpg

Gentlemen, I give you.... Sarah Kerrigan, Queen of Blades.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    strike] Bitch of the Universe.

Fixed!

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm also going to toss out the " l " piece from Tetris. That ass had to be evil, because he would never show up when you need him the most.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    GLaDOS
    Glados.jpg

This thing is evil.

So sarcastic and uncaring and violent.

Really creepy, due to the possibility that it could happen one day. (I think)

I can't unsee this.
    glados2.jpg

Burnage on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'm also going to toss out the " l " piece from Tetris. That ass had to be evil, because he would never show up when you need him the most.

tetris.jpg

I'd argue this bitch deserves it more for just being a pain in the arse to position most of the time. Goddamn you, "S block".

Dunxco on
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Not completely evil... not completely good...

293435-kreia_art_super.jpg

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

[img]http://www.ugo.com/games/useless-video-game-items/images/entries/tetris .jpg[/img]

I'd argue this bitch deserves it more for just being a pain in the arse to position most of the time. Goddamn you, "S block".

Fuck. That. Thing.

I would get that and it's cousin. 3 or 4 in a row, or worse!

Shitty block. Shitty Shitty block. Hate it.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy crap, it's possible to beat Devil Hand in the mashing mini-game on "DIE" mode? That's the first I've ever seen that happen.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    -Tal wrote: »
    2qmj6me.jpg

I will always admire Majora for her sheer batshit lunacy and ability to make every individual inhabitant of Termina miserable. It was shocking to see in a Nintendo game Mikau dying on the beach. Majora killed that guy. She's relentless, and ends three days of misery by possessing the moon and crashing it into the world. At first she just seems like a spirit of destruction without any personality. Then you reach the startling endgame and find out she's intelligent and has a softer side. Termina was a faithless mess that brought about its own destruction, and she believes she's the "good guy" for ending it. But all your work bringing people together has made her wonder if it can be saved. Majora's presence is everywhere in the game, manipulating people's own doubts and mistrust - even your own, sometimes - to corrupt the world to the point where it needs to be destroyed.

The worst thing is that you can't always save Termina. Majora's power is so overwhelming that you have to leave it behind and go back in time several times, and see everybody messed up on that first day over and over again.

Majora's female? o_O
    Kiith wrote: »
    Sephiroth over Shodan? Whaaaaaaa?

Shodan for me is the ultimate 'bad guy'. The voice, the scripting, the twist, that voice. Everything. And that Voice!

Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SHODAN.ogg

I haven't played SS2. It's been on my to-do list for a while.

Also, I never said my choices beat out anyone else's. They're just some personal favorites of mine, as far as RPGs go.
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Topic lacks Irenicus, and has far too many iffy JRPG prettyboy villains.

Good choice on Shodan, though, that man.

Well, that's where most of my RPG experience comes from. I've only recently dabbled in the western stuff, such as Dragon Age, Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.
    Dunxco wrote: »
    eggman.gif

Dr. [strike]Eggman[/strike] Robotnik.

Say what you want about the current trend of Sonic games, but if there's one reason I keep going back to the franchise it's for this fat, magnificent bastard. Ignoring his incarnation in Sonic X, Robotnik has always been an opportunist, something I think is a hallmark of a damn good villain. He plots when he needs to. He uses brute force when he needs to. He uses deception when he needs to. Sure, he has this terrible habit of abusing powers far beyond his reach and letting it inevitably bite him in his fat arse (I predict the reason this keeps happening is that there is just so much arse to bite it's going to keep happening), but Robotnik is still a great villian. He comes prepared too, packing an army of killer death robots and bewilderingly destructive machines.

And the Death Egg... Wow. I wasn't too impressed with it in Sonic 2, but damn... Sonic & Knuckles Death Egg was amazing. It wasn't just another zone that was shaped by nature, or the partial influence of Robotnik. No, this was entirely his work, and you could feel it. It was dark, gloomy, industrial, and deadly. Every bit of architecture sung mechanical malice. It's like an extension of the Doctor himself.

I've probably over-romanticised it at this point, so I'll just leave it there and say "Robotnik fucking rocks".

No matter how many times Sega will try to revamp Eggman, they'll never be able to top:
    SatamRobotnik.jpg

"I despise that miserable hedgehog, Cluck.

Despise him with all my metallic heart."

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Majora seemed pretty feminine to me, in voice and look. Plus I can't hear labia majora without thinking of Majora.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How often do you hear labia majora?

Xtarath on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You would be surprised how much idle conversation about vaginas there is here.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm all about the labia minora, if you know what I mean.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm not finished with the game, but this dude should totally be on the list:
    silent-hill-shattered-memories-20091111095951479.jpg

It's unclear whether he's actually a "villain", but damn if he doesn't make my skin crawl.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Here's one who just won't stay down.

Dr. Wily

Dr._Wily.jpg

And for your somewhat relevant viewing pleasure...

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Here's one who just won't stay down.

Dr. Wily

Dr._Wily.jpg

And for your somewhat relevant viewing pleasure...

Sigma's much worse. Dude gets blasted into pieces each game, and in one occasion was even deleted as a computer virus, but he keeps on coming back.

One time as a literal robot zombie.

I'm also a big fan of Organization XIII.
    ixwn53.jpg

Not the deepest group of villains, but they all have cool designs and have also provided some of the most entertaining boss fights I've had in a while.