As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

need a bodyfat estimate

tracertongtracertong Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I've lost 13.5 pounds and am wondering

1) what bodyfat am i? 2) how much more do i have to lose until i get a 6 pack

I assume that i did lose some waterweight. Also, i know that my arms are long - it sucks, i used to get called "monkey arms". I did way too much oblique work and was maxing out the rotary torso machine at 260 pounds for 15 reps a side...if i could take that back i definitely would.

18707533.jpg

88462379.jpg

tracertong on

• ಠ_ರೃಠ_ರೃ __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    What do you think we are, a scale?

You will need to have 10 to 12% body fat to have 6 pack abs, no matter your weight.

ಠ_ರೃ on
  • tracertongtracertong Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    ಠ_ರೃ wrote: »

I have no idea what you are, i am just wondering what i am since i cannot afford a professional reading

tracertong on
    edited December 2009
    tracertong wrote: »

I have no idea what you are, i am just wondering what i am since i cannot afford a professional reading

To read your body fat we need to take weight measurements, use calipers, or put you on a machine that sends electricity through your body, or most accurately, submerge you in water.

We cannot just look at you and see.

ಠ_ರೃ on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you look like you are almost there, just keep working out.

how can you not afford a body fat reading? most gyms will do one for you if you pretend to want to join.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
    edited December 2009
    you look like you are almost there, just keep working out.

how can you not afford a body fat reading? most gyms will do one for you if you pretend to want to join.

thanks, maybe my small uni gym could do it free (never been there, tho) - at the private one im at now it costs $60 for 30 minutes with a personal trainer to do it on the electric system

Height: 5 foot 10
    weight: 195.5
    bench: 250
    curl: 130x3

tracertong on
    edited December 2009
    I estimate 30% body fat.

ಠ_ರೃ on
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I would put you between 13% and 16%, and if I had to say pick one number in those it would be 14%. Abs start to show when flexing at 12%, and the top of yours are trying to peek through. at 10% a full sixpack is visable when flexing and at 8% it is visible at all times with the obliques starting to show(and showing during flexing).

IF you are really strict on your diet you could get down to 12% or under in a month. But thats what is so hard about it. No drinking, no processed food, no sugar, no fun hahaha.

Get a pair of calipers and learn to do the measurements yourself if you are really interested in knowing what your BF is. If you just want your abs to pop, then work out with intensity and eat a strict diet.

Buddies on
  • PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You will need to have 10 to 12% body fat and good genes to have 6 pack abs, no matter your weight.

Fixed. See Chuck Liddell - great shape in his prime, always had the pot belly.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You can buy some plastic calipers for dirt cheap online.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    from looking at you i would estimate high side of 15% at best 14%. like they said go for 12% if you want the abs. also for the record you are considered athletic at where ya at. very healthy.

NargorothRiP on
    edited January 2010
    Took this last night after dropping down another pound or so to 194.5. I need to trim up, i know.

abs1.jpg

tracertong on