As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

9/11 conspiracies piss me right the fuck off.

SkroederSkroeder __BANNED USERS regular
edited December 2009 in Social Entropy++
This is what clearly happened:

death-star-9-11.jpg

President Bush naively thought The Empire was finished after the second Death Star was destroyed. Gee, who would have thought they could possibly build a third one???

Skroeder on

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Life as art

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why would they send the unfinished death star

seems like a big risk

T. J. Nutty Nub on
  • ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    They had to push for the presentation stage due to a lack of investors after the 2nd death star

ogcam777 on
    steam_sig.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wonder if Luke ever busts on Wedge and Lando for only blowing up 1/2 a Death Star?

Hunter on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    I wonder if Luke ever busts on Wedge and Lando for only blowing up 1/2 a Death Star?

a man that has kissed his sister is not a man that can bust anyone's chops

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, ain't no reason to bust on Wedge. Dude survived two Death Star assaults.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I can imagine seeing this happen in a Bazooka Joe comic

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
    edited December 2009
    I like to pretend that at the end of jedi, when they're all posing for the camera, lando whispers to han 'just to let you know, I know a guy that can fix it right up'

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The timing between the damage to tower one and tower two doesn't allow for it to have been a Death Star.

Geeze.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    plus wasn't the second death star considerably bigger? their halves might be the same as lukes whole

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Skroeder wrote: »

death-star-9-11.jpg

President Bush naively thought The Empire was finished after the second Death Star was destroyed. Gee, who would have thought they could possibly build a third one???

Technically the second one was the third one, as the first was a smaller-scale but functional prototype built at the Maw Installation.

I'm not sure if it's primary weapon could blow up planets though.

Ruckus on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Nogs wrote: »
    plus wasn't the second death star considerably bigger? their halves might be the same as lukes whole

It wasn't bigger, it was just a second Death Star with the thermal exhaust port covered up with some plywood.

Hunter on
    edited December 2009

It wasn't bigger, it was just a second Death Star with the thermal exhaust port covered up with some plywood.

Wookieepedia says:

The first Death Star was 160 kilometers in diameter,[1][2] while the second Death Star was 900 kilometers in diameter.[3]

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Wookieepedia says:

The first Death Star was 160 kilometers in diameter,[1][2] while the second Death Star was 900 kilometers in diameter.[3]

Someone's compensating for something if they build something that big

T. J. Nutty Nub on
    edited December 2009
    ive forgotten all my algebra for spherical area, but im pretty sure that is double or more

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    edited December 2009
    you know, after the first one got destroyed, I would have just stuck a laser and some engines on a regular moon and called it a day

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Skroeder wrote: »

death-star-9-11.jpg

Don't worry we got back at them by flying an A-Wing into their Super-Class Star Destroyer.

Henroid on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Why would they send the unfinished death star

seems like a big risk

Well, it was fully armed and operational.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    you know, after the first one got destroyed, I would have just stuck a laser and some engines on a regular moon and called it a day

I like the idea of Death Moon

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1794889

Delzhand on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    tsplitter wrote: »

That was actually the premise of a quest in Yoda Stories.

Man, I know way to much Star Wars stuff.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited December 2009

you know what one of my favorite just, really bad star wars stories is? fucking Darksaber. It is a story which means pretty much nothing and I can't decide if it was written that way on purpose or what.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

you know what one of my favorite just, really bad star wars stories is? fucking Darksaber. It is a story which means pretty much nothing and I can't decide if it was written that way on purpose or what.

It killed off Madine, though, who was pretty cool in the Dark Forces games.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
This discussion has been closed.