As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

International Travellers Guide to PAX East

2»

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    flying out via Heathrow on the 24th, but probably wouldn't be great company as i intend to sleep pretty much the entire way there.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I know probably everyone flying plans on taking public transport everywhere, but *just* in case someone was thinking about renting a car and doing a bit of traveling around - a word of caution - driving in Boston is very, very bad! Maybe people who live there are used to it, but as someone from out of state who has had to drive in Boston several times, it's awful. You never know when a road will be closed or detoured due to construction, lane changes often don't make sense, the roundabouts DO NOT work in the same way as they do in Europe, and Massachusetts drivers are very aggressive.

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    From the UK, but already out here, taking some time to go round New England.

I'll second the comment about the driving, getting the hire car out of the airport was quite a challenge, even with the sat-nav. This may have been effected by my arrival time, which was Saturday in the middle of the extended rain shower they had over the weekend (Hopefully most of the flooding will have gone down by next week).

I mentioned to the CBP guy who passed me in that I was heading to a games convention, which he was quite agreeable with, so hopefully should be no problems there.

Note on international arrivals though, flying in you get a couple of forms that you need to fill out on the flight which go to CBP & immigration, which need your US hotel details, so it's worth making sure you've got them in your hand luggage / appropriate electronic device (as long as you get them out before draining the battery on the flight).

For I.D.s most people seem fine with taking my UK photo driving license, no one has yet to ask for the paper bit, though that may be because no one knows there is one.

For those going through Heathrow, once you're through security if you have plenty of time spare, the corridor out by the gates has plenty of seating and quite a lot of plug sockets for keeping stuff charged prior to boarding. I imagine this would be the case in most airports, but I only have experience in Heathrow.

Charging electrics over here is fine, all of my stuff will take 100V quite happily, so I've just got a socket converter & UK Plug board to keep everything going.

MagnusCarter on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    With PAX East only 3 days away, a reminder that you must log your travel to the US within 72 hours of leaving your home country. Please fill out the appropriate details on this form.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

This discussion has been closed.