As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    The Cadmus? Yeah it's got combat jump and morpho scan, pretty cool. But it's only PH 11 on the seed embryo so it's kind of a coin flip as to whether or not it will land where you want, but it's only 23 points for one with a boarding shotgun so not bad. Also if the dude they scan is unconscious and they get into B2B they can take one of their weapons which is pretty baller.

Can't wait for the Haiduk with sniper rifle to come out. Guided MULTI Sniper Rifle fuck yeah

SJ on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I'm looking at the models since model appreance is a big thing for me picking an army. So far I like the look of Ariadna. Problem is I hear they are more advanced and they don't get to do any of the hacking or have big robot guys. Second most liked is Haqqislam. Apparently those guys got over their burkas on women phase hard.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Haqqislam wants to go back to the glory days of Islam being the world leader of science and medicine, kind of how it was in the middle ages. So far they're succeeding.

Ariadna's awesome. Yeah, they can't hack and are pretty much immune to it. So? They got armor piercing guns out the ass. AP HMGs are one of the dealiest weapons in the game. Yeah, we don't have TAGs. Instead we got an autocannon and made it man-portable and gave it to a camouflaged guy.

We also got werewolves.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Haqqislam are so cool. The fluff writers really did a good job not going stereotypical with them, and instead focusing on actual historical fact.

• Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Solar wrote: »
    Kaorti lets say I wanted to build a dirty tricks AELPH force based around black ops, stealth and so on

So not Myrmydons, and more Dasyus and Nagas

what kind of stuff would I want for that force

I have a list which is basically made off the models available (mostly

but I don't even know if it is fully legal or not!
    Deva Functionary Lieutenant (Combi-Rifle Nanopulsar + Devabot) - 26pts
    Deva Functionary Hacker (Combi-Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 35pts
    Dasyu (Combi-Rifle, Nanopulsar, Antipersonnel Mines) - 35pts
    Dasyu (MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 48pts
    Dasyu Forward Observer (Combi Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 37pts
    Naga (MULTI Sniper Rifle) - 39pts
    Naga (Combi-Rifle, Mono-Filament Mines) - 32pts
    Dakini Tacbot (HMG) - 22pts
    Dakini Tacbot (Combi-Rifle) - 13pts
    =299pts

I'd go with something like this for the stealth theme.

ALEPH
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 (Regs: 9/Irrs: 0):

ASURA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW (73)
    V: No Wound Incapacitation, Multispectral Visor L3, Lieutenant

DASYU MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (48 | 1.5)
    CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, V: No Wound Incapacitation

NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife (32)
    CH: Camouflage, Infiltration, V: Dogged

NAGA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife (39 | 1.5)

ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse (27 | 1)
    Total Reaction, Repeater, Climbing Plus, 360º Visor

PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (29 | 1.5)

PROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (22 | 0.5)
    CH: Mimetism, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Hacking Device

GARUDA Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse (22)
    CH: Mimetism, AD : Combat Jump

2x NETROD Electric Pulse (4)
    AD : Combat Jump, AI Beacon

300 Points | SWC: 6

ARMY CODE: eNozM1Q1UTNWM6wxVzMCkmZqhmASxDY0UjMAUZYQygJMQcXMkCgA9TkOwA==
    Army Infinity v.3.0. - http://www.devilteam.com

Three multisnipers will be brutal. The Asura will deal with enemy stealth, and the Garuda will give you an extra option for punishing enemy cheerleaders or overextended models. The Zayin Rebot provides a good firebase, and the monomines from the naga will deter enemy heavies. Get the Rebot on a good perch using it's climbing, and you can hack through its repeater if the opportunity presents itself.

The hacker is for defensive hacking and to allow you to bring remotes. Don't worry about hacking offensively, but you can spend a couple of spare orders to try and hack any enemy airborne drop troops.

I couldn't put the points together to give the Garuda a HMG, but it's one of the few tacbots which can do well with one.

Edit: The more I look at this list the more I like it. Lots of infiltration. Some hidden deployment and AD, but not enough to cripple starting orders. An Asura and a Zayin to provide conventional firepower. Multi weapons providing AP and double action ammo for days. Multi snipers are really good because they fire either AP or DA ammo as default at strength 15. It's common for your Dasyu to hit twice and force four armor checks at strength 15. That will kill most models, and if it's really tough heavy infantry which shoots back, no wound incapacitation will let her do it a second time.

kaorti on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm just glad they finally replaced that awful catgirl medic

Isn't the cat girl still available too? I thought the idea was giving you a choice - cat girl cheesecake medic or regular cheesecake medic.

The reason I went Haqqislam was the lack of anime shit. It's still there, just not as much.

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'd totally get the catgirl one, but uggghh. The model is that bad.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Kaorti lets say I wanted to build a dirty tricks AELPH force based around black ops, stealth and so on

So not Myrmydons, and more Dasyus and Nagas

what kind of stuff would I want for that force

I have a list which is basically made off the models available (mostly

but I don't even know if it is fully legal or not!
    Deva Functionary Lieutenant (Combi-Rifle Nanopulsar + Devabot) - 26pts
    Deva Functionary Hacker (Combi-Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 35pts
    Dasyu (Combi-Rifle, Nanopulsar, Antipersonnel Mines) - 35pts
    Dasyu (MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 48pts
    Dasyu Forward Observer (Combi Rifle, Nanopulsar) - 37pts
    Naga (MULTI Sniper Rifle) - 39pts
    Naga (Combi-Rifle, Mono-Filament Mines) - 32pts
    Dakini Tacbot (HMG) - 22pts
    =299pts

I'd go with something like this for the stealth theme.

ALEPH

GROUP 1 (Regs: 9/Irrs: 0):

ASURA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW (73)
    V: No Wound Incapacitation, Multispectral Visor L3, Lieutenant

DASYU MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (48 | 1.5)

NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife (32)

NAGA MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife (39 | 1.5)

ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse (27 | 1)
    Total Reaction, Repeater, Climbing Plus, 360º Visor

PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (29 | 1.5)

PROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife (22 | 0.5)
    CH: Mimetism, V: No Wound Incapacitation, Hacking Device

GARUDA Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse (22)
    CH: Mimetism, AD : Combat Jump

2x NETROD Electric Pulse (4)
    AD : Combat Jump, AI Beacon

300 Points | SWC: 6

ARMY CODE: eNozM1Q1UTNWM6wxVzMCkmZqhmASxDY0UjMAUZYQygJMQcXMkCgA9TkOwA==

Three multisnipers will be brutal. The Asura will deal with enemy stealth, and the Garuda will give you an extra option for punishing enemy cheerleaders or overextended models. The Zayin Rebot provides a good firebase, and the monomines from the naga will deter enemy heavies. Get the Rebot on a good perch using it's climbing, and you can hack through its repeater if the opportunity presents itself.

The hacker is for defensive hacking and to allow you to bring remotes. Don't worry about hacking offensively, but you can spend a couple of spare orders to try and hack any enemy airborne drop troops.

I couldn't put the points together to give the Garuda a HMG, but it's one of the few tacbots which can do well with one.

Edit: The more I look at this list the more I like it. Lots of infiltration. Some hidden deployment and AD, but not enough to cripple starting orders. An Asura and a Zayin to provide conventional firepower. Multi weapons providing AP and double action ammo for days. Multi snipers are really good because they fire either AP or DA ammo as default at strength 15. It's common for your Dasyu to hit twice and force four armor checks at strength 15. That will kill most models, and if it's really tough heavy infantry which shoots back, no wound incapacitation will let her do it a second time.

Cool, that certainly looks like the list of someone with far more knowledge and experience of the game than I, I shall get the stuff needed and give it a go on the field. Thanks!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Tell me how it works!

The Asura is obviously your lieutenant, so be careful with her. She's almost as tough as Achillies, but she's still vulnerable. What you really want to do is lure your enemy's valuable pieces into Multi-sniper corssfire, then gun them down with the Dasyu and the Proxy Mk2 on your active turn. If you're going to take ARO sniper shots do it with the Naga. A camo marker is more vulnerable than a model in hidden deployment, and the Naga is a less valuable model.

Check the rules on mono-mines. They leave behind a zone filled with monowire when they detonate which will deny an area even after a it's detonated. They're great area denial weapons, and Even TAGs won't want to go near them.

The Proxy Mk2 has the best sniping stats, but the way that G: Jumper interacts with TO camo is unfavorable. You won't get to attack from ambush most of the time with her.

You have a significant vulnerability to enemy multispectral visors. Aquila Guard in particular are an issue. Try to force them into mono-mine detonations or ambush them from behind with the Garuda. The Asura can take care of business on your active turn, but don't let the enemy get a HMG near her on their active turn.

Edit: just remembered. Try to position all of your infiltrated snipers on high ground behind cover. Cover is always awesome, and you can really reduce losses by dropping a sniper prone behind a low wall at the end of your active turn. This blocks line of sight to a large portion of the board, making it really hard to attack them in the enemy's active turn. You lose out on some nice AROs, but I think it's worth it. On your active turn, stand them back up and begin shooting again.

kaorti on
  • Options
    I'll bear all that in mind. Hopefully I'll be able to order the models I need tomorrow, and they will likely arrive next week.

Three sniper rifles seems pretty cool. A stealth/sniper force is exactly what I wanted to play when I saw Infinity for the first time, so this fulfills my needs pretty well!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    You could also drop the Garuda for an additional netrod and monomines on the Zayin rebot. Six monomines on a table aren't anything to sniff at. You can also lay mines in ARO, so if your Naga gets cornered by a model which can kill it, you can drop a mine and punish him if he ever moves agian.
    I stuck The Garuda in since it seems like AD troops would fit better with the shenanigans you want to pull. You probably don't want to actually drop the Garuda into combat. Use the lower level of AD - airborne infiltration instead. You'll have to mark that before the game starts, but you won't have to make a PH roll to get the garuda where you want. Their PH isn't high enough for me to feel comfortable doing that.

Wow I'm writing a lot of words about this.

kaorti on
  • Options
    Monomines look like they will be a good choice

especially as my buddies look to be gravitating towards the TAGs because hey, big stompy mechs

personally I do want a Marut at some point. They look pretty awesome.

• Options
    The Marut is really expensive, but it's got great stats, and a Multi HMG is an incredibly nasty weapon. It's big advantage is that it has a Multispectral visor lvl2, so it can see through smoke grenades. I'd say run it with a couple cheap myrmidons to provide smoke cover, and then go to town.

The lieutenant option comes with a heavy flamethrower and Strategos lvl3. Fire weapons are great against enemy stealth troops, and Strategos helps you deploy optimally.

I find the non-lieutenant marut more interesting though. It's got a Heavy grenade launcher and a high enough BS to blind fire with one. That will really scare link teams.

I'd only bring one in a 300pt game though. Achillies provides almost as much killing in a cheaper package.

The PanO Cutter is a better offensive TAG, but the Marut is equipped to deal with most challenges with little support.

• Options
    I just think it looks cool

I'm not really at the point where I know the rules enough to see when stuff is better or worse than other stuff other than by basic stats and weapons and so on

so a lot of it is based on models

that's the reason I did ALEPH in the first place!

• Options
    I'm having fun with my minimalistic ALEPH list. It's literally 5 people and 3 netrods, but damn if it exemplifies quality over quantity.

Achilles LT w/ Spitfire, Marut, Chain Rifle Myrmidon, Sophotect, Deva w/ Spitfire, and 3 Netrods.

If you need a hacker... Here's another one. It doesn't have as much raw ass kicking potential as the above list, but it at least has a hacker.

Achilles LT w/ Spitfire, Marut, Deva Hacker OR Myrmidon Hacker (Do you need smoke and ODD or NWI?), Sophotect, Dakini Tactbot, and 3 Netrods.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Achilles is such a God-damn boss it isn't even funny. Aleph will probably end up being my 2nd faction, as much as I like Ariadna.

• Options
    Yeah after I have done a stealth/sniper force

I want to do a heavy infantry face beating force

with Myrmidons, Patrocles and Achilles, the PMD

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Fun fact: at least until the next book comes out, chain rifle myrmidons can use both the chain rifle and the nanopulser in one short action. Here is the relevant link. You might get some pushback on this rule, but the post at the top of page 16 is from the official Corvus Belli rules guru.

Here is a great thread on close combat.

Here is another thread that focuses on actually getting to use your close combat minis for close combat.

kaorti on
  • Options
    Yeeah. I remember hearing that, but I need to read up on it so I can explain it well to my friends. One's a law school graduate, the rest are engineering/physics/etc students. So... I have my work cut out for me.

Oh, it's pretty much "Dev said so. So deal with it". ..The best kind of response!

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, Dev said it is one of the better arguments to make. It's simple and hard to argue against, so people will just accept it and move along. I hate drawn out arguments over game rules.

I'm going crazy with links here.

This little diagram explains how differences in elevation impact cover. It's really important for models with climbing plus, super-jump, or snipers.

• Options
    We pretty much made it a house rule that higher elevation, especially from other buildings, grants cover if you make the effort to cover your model.

Fucking vector operators. I hate them so much.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    We have a couple of guys at my local store who play this. All this talk has really piqued my interest.

Not even caring about the rules I really love the vast majority of the Nomads sculpts. I know The Warstore has some Nomads stuff but where can I get more of the line in the US?

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I usually order models from my local game store. Since the manufacturer is Spanish, it can occasionally take some time for distributors in the US to gt models. All you really need to get started is a faction starter pack though, and those are almost always in stock.

Not every mini and loadout option has its own model yet, but the game is very proxy-friendly. Try playing with other 30mm models to get the hang of the rules.

kaorti on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I always go through my flgs for Infinity models. They're so cheap they're basically impulse buys. I'll go in to get some paint and walk out with a couple of Haqqislam figs.

• Options
    Since there seems to be a sudden jump in interest in Infinity, here are some links for good infinity terrain.

The infinity forums terrain links. This includes free papercraft terrain and places to buy interesting terrain pieces.

Antenocitis Workshop. Sci-fi and Infinity specific terrain.

Sarissa. They make appropriately scaled terrain that's easy to assemble. I'd really like some of these buildings for my board.

Micro Art Studios makes some good walls and buildings, along with really nice tokens.

Advanced Deployment makes some less polished, but less expensive tokens, and some nice templates for Infinity.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Infinity peeps! I am thinking of starting an army, using all the disposable income I don't actually have right now. I love the look of the japanese Yu Jiing forces, so this is my 300 point list composed of the Japanese Sectorial starter and stuff that I think looks cool. Would you mind taking a look and letting me know if it's reasonable or simply doomed to fail?
    JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY

GROUP 1 (Regs: 10/Irrs: 0):

3x KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife (9)
    MOV:4-4 CC:14 BS:10 PH:10 WIP:12 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Regular, Not Impetuous, No Cube, Linkable
    V: Courage

KEMPEI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse (17)
    MOV:4-4 CC:14 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Regular, Not Impetuous, Cube
    Sixth Sense L1, V: Courage

ARAGOTO Spitfire / Pistol, Knife (29 | 1.5)
    MOV:8-6 CC:14 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:13 ARM:2 BTS:0 W:1
    Regular, Impetuous, Cube
    CH: Mimetism, Motorcycle, V: Courage

ARAGOTO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife (21)
    MOV:8-6 CC:14 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:13 ARM:2 BTS:0 W:1
    Regular, Impetuous, Cube
    CH: Mimetism, Motorcycle, V: Courage

O-YOROI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / EXP CCW (85 | 2)
    MOV:6-4 CC:19 BS:14 PH:17 WIP:13 ARM:7 BTS:-6 STR:3
    ECM, V: Courage

NINJA Hacker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW (48 | 0.5)
    MOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:11 PH:12 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Martial Arts L3, CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Hacking Device

ONIWABAN Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW (44)
    MOV:4-4 CC:19 BS:11 PH:12 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Martial Arts L4, CH: TO Camouflage, Superior Infiltration

DOMARU Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW (27)
    MOV:4-4 CC:19 BS:12 PH:14 WIP:13 ARM:3 BTS:-3 W:2
    Regular, Frenzy, Cube, Linkable
    Martial Arts L2, Berserk, Lieutenant

298 Points | SWC: 4

ARMY CODE: eNozNFY1VDNQM6yBkEZqhkDSGEoCeTXmYHELNRMgaYmk0lQNqAoAq5MNuw==

I think I have most of my bases covered. 10 models, so one group and 10 orders. The Lieutenant is the model with the best armor and wounds, aside from the TAG, so he should stay alive with any luck at all if I don't do stupid stuff. The O-Yoroi is a baller model and I love the crazy koalas. The Ninja hacker is there because the model is boss, and I hear hackers are good things to have. The Aragotos give me speed and the models are also awesome. Not sure if the SWC of 4 is good or not. No engineers or medics which is a bit worrisome, I suppose.

Also, is Infinity a heavy WYSIWYG game? I mean, if the model appears to have a combi-rifle and I want him to have a boarding shotgun, or something like that, is that a serious issue?

• Options
    AFAIK due to the gaps in the lines being so widespread, proxying happens all the time and as long as the model is reasonably close I don't see anyone having an issue. But make sure to clearly spell out what everything is at it is deployed/revealed.

• Options
    First off: just about any list is viable. Guns are dangerous in infinity, and even a TAG will be threatened by massed combi-rifle fire.

The only things in your list which bug me are the Boarding shotgun Kempei and the spitfire Aragoto. The Kempei is valueable for the chain of command skill which helps if your lieutenant gets gunned down. The Aragoto has the impetuous rule which makes him hard to keep alive. A fast spitfire with mimetism is good, but unless you spend the orders, impetuous will get him killed and you'll lose the spitfire.

Any particular reason that you went with a sectoral list? The main benefit for going sectoral is access to a link team, which you haven't taken. YuJing's thing is awesome infantry, and you're giving up some of your best options for no benefit.

• Options
    Spitfires make an Aragoto SO much more deadly. SO much more.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Well, it's not so much that I specifically went for the Sectorial, so much as "I like all these models, and they happen to all fit within a sectorial army." Also, I didn't take the Chain of Command version of the Kempei - he's 7 points more expensive and I needed the points elsewhere in the list (mainly for the Ninja hacker). And I'm not sure what I would need for a link team - is there a specific model or wargear option I would need?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Link teams are a special rule for sectoral armies introduced in the human sphere book. They give bonus stats and abilities to teams of the same kind of model. In the JSA, Keisotsu, Karakuri, Domaru, and Haramaki may form link teams. Neko Oyama can join a Domaru link team.

Generally you want to get five troops into a link team to maximize bonuses. A five man link team will spend one order to act, and gets +3 BS, +3 WP for discover rolls, Sixth Sense lvl2 and +1 burst to all weapons. A Haramaki link team looks really scary if you bring a missile launcher, and a Karakuri link team would terrify me.

I'd really consider freeing up the 7 points for a chain of command Kempei. Loss of lieutenant is crippling, and it can happen in a lot of different ways. I'd drop one of the Keisotsu to do it, since you don't need a full 10 orders.

The ninja hacker is a great choice - high willpower, infiltration and TO camo make a good offensive hacker.

One thing that worries me is the absence of a multispectral visor in your list. The JSA dosen't really have good access to one, but one of their remotes has a lvl2 visor. Without one you're relying on intuitive attacks with your flamethrower, nanopulser and chain rifle to deal with enemy camo tokens. All of these options have limited range, so a como or TO sniper will really be an issue for your list.

All that said, performance on the table is the real measure of a list, and list building isn't especially unforgiving in this game. You've got a very aggressive mid to short range list, with heavy armor to back it up. It won't be a pushover.

kaorti on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    So something more like this, which drops the Aragotos for some more Keisotsus with heavier guns (to make a 5-man link team with a missile launcher and a HMG), and upgrades to a Chain of Command Kempei, might be a bit more powerful? I suppose the MSV issue is a problem, but hopefully my ninjas can get close enough to them to deal with them.
    JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY

GROUP 1 (Regs: 10/Irrs: 0):

KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife (25 | 0.5)

KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife (18 | 0.5)

3x KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife (9)

KEMPEI Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse (24)
    MOV:4-4 CC:14 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Sixth Sense L1, V: Courage, Chain of Command

NINJA Hacker Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW (48 | 0.5)
    MOV:4-4 CC:17 BS:11 PH:12 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Martial Arts L3, CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Hacking Device

ONIWABAN Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW (44)
    MOV:4-4 CC:19 BS:11 PH:12 WIP:14 ARM:1 BTS:0 W:1
    Martial Arts L4, CH: TO Camouflage, Superior Infiltration

DOMARU Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW (27)
    MOV:4-4 CC:19 BS:12 PH:14 WIP:13 ARM:3 BTS:-3 W:2
    Regular, Frenzy, Cube, Linkable
    Martial Arts L2, Berserk, Lieutenant

O-YOROI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / EXP CCW (85 | 2)
    MOV:6-4 CC:19 BS:14 PH:17 WIP:13 ARM:7 BTS:-6 STR:3
    ECM, V: Courage

298 Points | SWC: 3.5

ARMY CODE: eNozNFY1VDNRM6wxVDNAI43UjIGkBVjWEixiChYxh6oBQgCr/Q27

Edit: Also, apparently the Yu Jing remotes (Yaoxie) that have the multispectral visors haven't been released yet.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Only thing I can see is that you might have an obvious LT in there. Then again, I think the O-Yoroi has an LT option, right? If so, good. Both of them have WIP 13.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, the O-Yoroi can also be a LT. The Oniwaban can even be a LT. But I figure due to his size, the O-Yoroi would probably come under more firepower and thus be a worse LT to start with.

e: I may swap the Missile launcher Keisotsu for a MULTI Sniper Rifle Keisotsu, as that would allow me to upgrade one of my other Keisotsus into a Paramedic with a medikit. Less heavy firepower, really, but the medic might come in handy.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    With two possible lieutenants, both with armor and multiple wounds and a chain of command, you shouldn't have to worry about loss of lieutenant for quite a while. The Keisotsu link team will give you order efficiency and good AROs. I think it's a good list. Enemy camo will be a bit of an issue, but the link team helps mitigate that.

I think it's a strong list.

• Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    Opinions on the following two starters:

PanOceania: Military Order (PanOceania Sectorial Starter BOX)
    Ariadna: Caledonian Highlander Army (Ariadna Sectorial Starter BOX)

• Options
    I'd say not to start with a sectoral for gameplay reasons. You limit your options a lot, and the benefits you gain are complicated and will take a significant amount of work to use well.

If you're choosing sectorals because you like the models, just choose the ones you like the best though. Just about any list is playable in Infinity.

Military orders are a durable, in your face type of army. They don't have many fancy tricks, but they bring a lot of hurt.

Caledonian Highlanders are inexpensive and have options roughly split between sneaky scots and angry scots. They have even less tech, but a decent set of weapon options.

• Options
    alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    gotchya. The military orders make me get all skwee on the minis. I'm going to pick up two starter sets to try to get my gaming group involved. in this,

• Options
    The only reason I would want to start off with a sectorial force, aside from the coolness of the models, is that it does artificially limit your choices. Considering the sheer amount of choices some factions have for models, it seems like it would be a good way to ease in. Then, when you're more familiar with how everything plays and what's good, you can see what you're missing and branch out into the full force.

• Options
    Or you can just start off with ALEPH and not have much choice to begin with. :rotate:

makosig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.