As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Next months releases are up.

Nomad Riot Grrls (new unit in the new book)
    wjnVV.jpg
    f0qbt.jpg

Haqqislam Hassassin Muyib with Heavy Rocket Launcher (completely new weapon)
    bRnAw.jpg
    npQQH.jpg

Yu Jing Shaolin Monks (new models, 4 man box)
    C1uGP.jpg
    On8kD.jpg

Ariadna Metro with HMG
    DMSnB.jpg
    2lm59.jpg

Combined Army Cadmus-Naish Sheskiin (new unit in the new book)
    SlP7X.jpg
    snGiz.jpg

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Huuh. Lots of interesting new stuff. I wonder what the Heavy Rocket Launcher will do. I would assume a cheaper, limited shot version of a Missile Launcher.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Assumptions going around is that it'll have incendiary ammo, since that's what Haqqislam do.

Great timing too, as I wanted to finsh up all the Muyibs when I'm done with my Ghulam and Nasmats.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That HMG Metro is really, really nice

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    While all the cool kids were playing 6th edition for dollar chips, we played a 3-man Infinity tournament, with the organizer being the ringer. I got second place, but it was a close second, IMO, because I got my shit wrecked in the second game due to horrifically bad luck.

My list:
    Achilles LT w/ Spitfire
    Marut
    Sophotect
    Deva w/ Spitfire + MSV2
    Myrmidon w/ Chain Rifle
    3x Netrods

Each round had a different scenario with ways of getting up to 3 to 4 VPs, depending on the objectives. There was a list of universal secondary objectives, all with their own tally, to determine second place.

First game was Assassination. 2 VPs available- I had to kill the LT and the most expensive model in the army; 1 more VP for sending into retreat. Went up against a Hassassin Sectorial list. Marut died relatively quickly, and Achilles mopped up the rest. I got two secondary objective points - 1 for making a successful Engineering roll, the other... Because I killed the impersonator. That secondary wanted you to reveal and kill an enemy model in marker form in a single round.

Second game was atrocious. Ariadna. Objective was to get up to 3 models across the board to the enemy deployment zone and survive the opponent's turn to score a point per guy. Right away, things went sour. Minelayer Chasseur made a ballsy infiltration roll and ended up deviating, but he still was close enough to set up a mine right to Achilles, the Sophotect, and a Netrod. The mine detonated and ended up killing the weaker two models. Then the Chasseur set Achilles on fire, just wanting his ODD gone. All Achilles was able to do then was turn around. Anyway, Achilles went from 3 wounds to 0 with a single flame blast. 6, 2, 6. Bam. Dead. I fired off a nanopulser in return and the Chasseur survived.

My Daeva did a lot better- she was prone behind a wall and an Irmandinho + Cameronian advanced on her. She whooped the Cameronian good with two nanopulser shots. I can't remember if she survived- the other Irmandinho came up and probably killed her. What made me call the game was my poor Marut. WIth my now-limited pool, I had to risk exposing it to cross my deployment zone and take care of the intruders. I shoot the Chasseur and the bitch survives. Autocannon fires at me from beyond optimal range and I get hit once. I roll triple 8's. Marut's down. GG.

Third game. Against the TO ringing as Yu-Jing. This one was similar to Assassination, but it was scoring 3 VPs via Lieutenant, doctor/engineer, and hackers. If the latter two weren't available, SWC models would take their places, TAGs qualifying for two of those spots. Su-Jian moves up, gets critted by my Daeva, but she goes down. Su-Jian burns my Myrmidon and dies to his Chain Rifle. Marut moves down one side of the table, failing to detect a TO marker (Thought it was an Oniwaban. Ended up being a Ninja) and setting up behind a fence, firing off a speculative shot to destroy one of two Crazy Koalas from the O-Yoroi. Motorcycles make a mad dash down the board, more or less. Marut fails to kill one, somehow. Achilles shoots one but it makes its armor save and retreats behind a wall. By the end of my oponent's turn, the O-Yoroi slowly gets into Melee with the Marut after a proacted firefight and... loses two rounds of melee to suffer two damage points.
    My turn comes around, I run Achilles down to shoot down a CrazyKoala that parked itself near the Marut, shooting down a Bike in the process and generally not giving two fucks about some ninja firing a combi rifle at him. Marut, now free from the threat of the Koala, dies to the O-Yoroi in a failed melee roll, like a bitch. Achilles moves in, getting set on fire- but surviving this time, and shoots down the O-Yoroi with a mighty Spitfire, parking himself in the forest this all occured in.
    Opponent's turn. Ninja engages Achilles in melee. Bike-that-Marut-Failed-to-Kill shoots by and pops a wheelie as he's on his way to kill my Sophotect- who survives the assault, though the two Netrods near her weren't so lucky. Achilles chops the Ninja in half (Earning me a secondary point for killing someone in melee) and runs down the field to gun the motorcycle down. At this point, I got all the primary objectives and sent him into retreat, but I wanted to score one more secondary objective- the engineering roll! Sophotect runs up to Achilles and fails to fix his ODD. However, the Myrmidon's still alive, so she makes an attempt to go deal with that and succeeds. Some Shangji took care of the Marut's wreck.

So I won second place for my efforts- my Ariadna opponent ended up winning the tournament because of that horrifying second round. I won a mini, an ALEPH button, and a random badge (Pan-O). Ended up with the Dozer w/ Traktor Mul control device.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Second game was atrocious. Ariadna. Objective was to get up to 3 models across the board to the enemy deployment zone and survive the opponent's turn to score a point per guy. Right away, things went sour. Minelayer Chasseur made a ballsy infiltration roll and ended up deviating, but he still was close enough to set up a mine right to Achilles, the Sophotect, and a Netrod. The mine detonated and ended up killing the weaker two models. Then the Chasseur set Achilles on fire, just wanting his ODD gone. All Achilles was able to do then was turn around. Anyway, Achilles went from 3 wounds to 0 with a single flame blast. 6, 2, 6. Bam. Dead. I fired off a nanopulser in return and the Chasseur survived.

I'm pretty sure that you're not permitted to lay a mine in such a way that an enemy model is in it's AoE. How'd your opponent do this?

Also, How'd the Chasseur flame Achillies without triggering an ARO due to sixth sense?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    That's the first time I've heard that. Really, first time any of us have heard that. Is it specifically in reference to the Minelayer rule?

Achilles tried dodging the flame. He failed. Achilles and the gang were behind a shipping crate of sorts. The Chasseur deployed close enough to simply just turn the corner and set them ablaze after the mine went off.

EDIT: Aha. Good to know. Yeah, just looked it up. Honestly didn't matter. The Chasseur's flame would've done the same thing. Maybe the Sophotect had a small chance of surviving the second wound, but that's about it.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Have any of you Infinity folks tried using AD troops? I've finished assembling a Garuda Tactbot, and I can't wait to get it on the table. If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear some tips.

In other news, I've probably said it before, but MULTI sniper rifles are awesome.

I hope people are as excited as I am for the new book. By the sound of things there are going to be campaign rules.

• Options
    I've heard mixed rumours about the next book - some say it has rules for campaigns, others say its specifically a campaign book with a set campaign that progresses the Infinity background.

• Options
    What I've heard on the official forums is that It's got a long campaign with experience rules for a player-character model, as well as new model loadouts and rules for each faction, and at least one new sectoral (ALEPH assault section).

I know for a fact that it'll have some rules for using multiple weapons at once.

• Options
    July's releases.
    4d8CN.jpg
    Wyv0n.jpg
    t89OY.jpg
    AvJtz.jpg

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Ooooooh

the Ekdromoi is niiiiiiice

• Options
    Needs more Haqqislam

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    All of those are quite nice models! And glad to see the Yaoxie, it's the only L2 Visor for Japanese Sectorial!

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    God damn that Knight is gorgeous.

• Options
    I keep getting the urge to do military orders with knights, but mainly for magister knights. But they're impetuous.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I keep getting the urge to do military orders with knights, but mainly for magister knights. But they're impetuous.

I was re-reading some of the Infinity wiki, and found out if you use them as a linked team, they lose the Impetuous rule.
    Troops with Frenzy or Impetuous Characteristics who are members of a Linked Team automatically become Not Impetuous. Such troops, when they leave the Linked Team, revert to their normal base behaviour as they were before joining the Linked Team.
    Might be worth doing a sectorial force with the magisters!

• Options
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    So apparently we're getting a new faction who look a lot like an army of Thane Krios's?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Yeah, they look like Drell with pointy ears. Pretty awesome.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Looking at how many of their models dual-wield, I'm glad that new rules for using multiple weapons at once are coming out in the new book. I really like the look of their models too.

The Ekdromos is incredibly sweet. Aleph finally has a HMG on a living model. Super-jump really makes a difference too. I can't wait to put one on the table.

• Options
    Heres some high res shots of the Tohaa.

t1.jpg
    t2.jpg
    t3.jpg

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I *think* I really like these guys. It will be interesting to see how they slot into the universe fluff wise. Their kit takes a LOT of visual cues from the Nomads and even some of the badges look similar.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Heres some high res shots of the Tohaa.

t1.jpg
    t2.jpg
    [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gn1Mfm9OKOg/UBuZaZG14aI/AAAAAAAAC5M/siN- Wr2d5cs/s1600/t3.jpg[/img]

Finally broke and got the aleph starter pack so any idea what's the new faction like?

PixelMonkey on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    More aliens?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    I'm fine with more alien factions for Infinity - it's a large universe they've created, so expending it outside of humans is a good idea. And they've basically covered every base with the human factions anyway.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I think I need to buy a second started. I got the Aleph one Asher got for me. A few of my friends here are slightly interested in it, so I think if I got a second faction we could play test shit.
    Are all the starters mostly balanced against each other?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    With the purchase of an additional model or two for some, yeah. They basically follow the same idea of GW - a bunch of cool stuff that can make a force that mostly come out to the same points cost. Some have combinations that aren't legal though.

The best idea for demo games I've read is buy some starters, and instead of using them against each other, make a few tight 70pt lists with some line infantry and one special weapon each. It allows you to showcase the game, show off some special weapons, and not get bogged down in special rules too early.

• Options
    8Vedp.jpg

Looks like I've got my birthday present from the missus sorted. I always miss out on these LE models. Not this time.

• Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    That campaign book and those Tohaa models actually make me want to play the game, but I just can't. That faction is probably the first that makes me want to play this game. Although that weird anime model that comes with the campaign book... weird.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    The whole game is anime inspired. It's like tabletop ghost in the shell.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I'm loving how they decided to look at STALKER for the Ariadna specops mini.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    These are WIP shots of the spec ops. Yu Jing and Ariadna.

Notice that the Yu Jing has a head swap, and the Ariadna one has a head swap and arm swaps. Seems we'll be getting some options with these.

specops02.jpg
    specop03.jpg
    specop01.jpg

-Loki- on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So the bottom one is a head swap as well?
    These do look like things I am willing to paint but getting people to play yet another wargame with me is a rather uphil battle

• Options
    Yes, the Ariadna one has a head swap and a weapon swap (one has a knife and bare hand, the other a knife and rifle). The Yu Jing model only shows a head swap.

It's not too hard to convince people to buy into Infinity when you explain two things to them - you can mostly make an army out of models you like, since everything is viable, as long as you stay in the AVA/SWC limits (basically like a FoC), and two, a 300pt army (which is the biggest needed) costs roughly $100.

• Options
    Well shit. I like the Military Orders PanO models, but could never figure out a list with the models I liked.

Then I realized the starter, Order sergeant with Spitfire and Knight of Montesa makes a 200pt (well, 201pt) list. And it's all models I love.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Oh man I am liking these Spec Ops.

And yes Dayspring, you should get another starter! I suggest Nomads as they have a huge hate on for Aleph. The Bakunin starter has the nicest models.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    It's easy to proxy the game with 40k models too, so people can find a faction they like. A friend made damn good use of Guardsmen and Stormtroopers before picking
    Ariadna.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Spec Ops all shown.

YJ01.jpg
    pano01.jpg
    NM01.jpg
    MR01.jpg
    Haq01.jpg
    ari01.jpg
    AL01.jpg

• Options
    I'm very interested in the special skills available for the Chandra to buy. Her weapon selection is a bit anemic, but ALEPH usually has ways to make up for that.

This discussion has been closed.