As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Old thread. Post in new one.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If you're only talking about the DLC, then it's more like 2.5 hours or so.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    mspencer wrote: »
    I think I figured out my problem. I didn't include any contact information at all in my post asking to get in on RBN. I guess I assumed they would PM me on the forum. X__X

Not even my gamer tag. X__X

Try logging in at this link and see if it lets you in. People that are in the beta should be allowed access even if they didn't get any confirmation e-mail.

http://creators.rockband.com/sign_in
    !!!

Worked for me! I'm in!

(Has anyone who DID NOT post in that thread tried to create an account there? I think it's possible they're just letting anyone who knows the URL register for an account. Maybe it's more of an open beta.)

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I believe RBN is in Open Beta right now.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Still sucks that I can't use it with my trial.. I don't have 100$ that can be justifiably spent on it yet.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't know. If they're planing to go live with it in February, I'd rather save the $100. Much too costly just to be able to sort of play these songs before they're released. Even beyond Feb.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You'll always need a creator's club subscription to playtest/review stuff. If it's something you're interested in, you should probably look into getting subscribed.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well I just tried putting in my RockBand.com username and password only to be told that my account has been temporarily disabled. It's still working just fine at RockBand.com though.

So apparently it's not just anybody.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Star patch is awesome

Why were people bitching about it on 360?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you have to beat your old scores in quickplay to get the star sorting to register on each song in the 360 patch

there's more than a couple songs for me where that's just not gonna happen

i never let it bother me, though

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you have to beat your old scores in quickplay to get the star sorting to register on each song in the 360 patch

there's more than a couple songs for me where that's just not gonna happen

i never let it bother me, though

Oh

Well

It's not like that in the PS3 patch, so...

Did they eventually patch it so it isn't that way on the 360?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nope.

I think 360 will get the fix in the patch that adds the RBN store

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm

Well at any rate, you'd think this would convince those on the RB boards as proof that Harmonix doesn't, in fact, hate the PS3

Also it was awesome to come to a new sorting list and see Unplayed (543 Songs)

Just gives me more incentive to play through those again!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i think you're supposed to go

why is this arrow still shaky fuck you hmx y dont u care about ps3

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Eh, I don't do vocals so that doesn't bother me one bit

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The thing about the star 'patch' in the 360 was that it worked perfectly for the World Tour. For me, that's my main area of play. So it's only 'broken' for those who stick to Quickplay.

I don't even use it anyway. I mean, it'll be nice and all when they implement B:RB style scoreboards in RB3, if only for the quick tracking of friends, but it's not the end of my world.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I do like the Beatles leaderboards. I actually give a crap about leaderboards when I can see where I am amongst my friends list.

Also easy to tell who has a song at a glance.
    And how many people have bothered to play bass on Her Majesty

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ok I got B:RB and RB2 for Christmas and I've been having a blast on Medium guitar, but its getting very easy now. However when I move up to Hard I fail instantly. The extra fret button really screws with my head. Has anyone got any tips for moving to Hard? Is the step up from Hard to Expert as steep from Medium to Hard?

Cullen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Best tip you will learn: Turn on No-Fail for now, and skip straight from Medium to Expert

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also it's a lot easier for some (including me) to keep your hand in the resting position with your index finger on red instead of green.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Do you slide your whole hand up to hit green or just move your index finger? It's moving my hand that really puts me off as once I've lost my place I have to look at the guitar to reset (and then fail the song usually).

Cullen on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It depends. Typically I only have to move it, though if I need to keep it there I'll have to move my hand (plus sometimes you'll have a chord that's green + blue or green + orange and you'll have to move it).

Most guitars (and probably yours) has an indentation on the yellow fret to set it apart from all the others. For starters, this is a good indication that this is where your middle finger should be, and you won't have to look down as much.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know that I'm way late to the party, but I had my first full playthrough of Beatles RB and wanted to kick in my two cents.

One of my most secretly hidden shames is that I didn't particularly like the Beatles, or at least I hadn't heard much of them aside from a few of the inescapable songs like Hey Jude or Imagine. None of the deeper cuts, and I didn't really listen to the songs outside of maybe the vocal lines. So I was interested in Beatles RB as kind of a primer on the band, and in that respect the game totally blew my ass off the couch because it was amazing to see the growth and development of this simple shiny pop-rock quartet into, well, the Beatles.

The Abbey Road studio tracks were stunning; I had never heard Helter Skelter before but the madness and turbulence in that song is just crazy. And then I was playing I Want You (She's So Heavy) and just kind of marveled at the maturation of sound from, like, Can't Buy Me Love to this. I had originally been skeptical of Beatles RB as a project because I thought the Beatles sound was so uniform, but tracking the band chronologically was an excellent way to see why people love them so much.

So TL;DR, as an introduction for people who don't have an appreciation of the Beatles primarily out of ignorance to their work, the game works in spades. And now I'm going to start borrowing Beatles albums from my friends, as well as chide my parents for not playing these albums while I was growing up.

Oh yeah, and I'm actually glad they put the Day Tripper achievement in the game, because it pushed me to run through the game all in one go and I think digesting all of those songs so close together is why the game had such an impact on me. Otherwise I might have tapered off somewhere around Shea Stadium and taken my time before finishing the story mode.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yessssssssss

I was actually going to send you a message on Live within the next few days wondering if it had made a convert out of you

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It depends. Typically I only have to move it, though if I need to keep it there I'll have to move my hand (plus sometimes you'll have a chord that's green + blue or green + orange and you'll have to move it).

Most guitars (and probably yours) has an indentation on the yellow fret to set it apart from all the others. For starters, this is a good indication that this is where your middle finger should be, and you won't have to look down as much.

Thanks for the advice. I guess I just need to grow some balls and play on a real mans difficulty.

Cullen on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Does the shaky arrow on the PS3 RB2 affect gameplay?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Heh... My dad LOVES all things Beatles and after I convinced him to get it by playing it in front of him, he's hooked. He loves how everything in the studio is near perfect and how the characters' hands actually play the correct chords and strings (they do this to an extent in RB, but in B:RB it's an exact match). His only beef is that the guy that played keyboards on the roof top is missing (replaced by a stack of Vox amps) and George is playing lead/slide guitar on While My Guitar Gently Weeps instead of Eric (Clapton).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yessssssssss

I was actually going to send you a message on Live within the next few days wondering if it had made a convert out of you

I feel nothing but shame at admitting that a video game, and not decades of global worship, is what led to me discovering the Beatles, but better late than never, I suppose!
    Cullen wrote:
    Ok I got B:RB and RB2 for Christmas and I've been having a blast on Medium guitar, but its getting very easy now. However when I move up to Hard I fail instantly. The extra fret button really screws with my head. Has anyone got any tips for moving to Hard? Is the step up from Hard to Expert as steep from Medium to Hard?

I would probably say the transition from Medium to Hard is more difficult, primarily because Hard is the first difficulty that unchains you from mapping specific colors to fret fingers. Once you get used to moving your hand around the frets, the shift from Hard to Expert is just a matter of increasing speed.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lunker wrote: »
    One of my most secretly hidden shames is that I didn't particularly like the Beatles, or at least I hadn't heard much of them aside from a few of the inescapable songs like Hey Jude or Imagine.

And one of your 'broadcast to the world' shames is that Imagine was a John Lennon solo effort after the band broke up.

But then, what else are the internets for if not to reveal personal failings?

Congratulations on the discovery, however.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Does the shaky arrow on the PS3 RB2 affect gameplay?

The shaky arrow has never bothered me at all.

Ketar on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Plus, the PS3 actually has storage space to hold DLC. At least my 500gb drive does. :p

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just throwing this out there, but I think "Sea and Sand" has the best drum part out of all the Who pack.

It's on the easy side for the pack, but all of the fills feel really natural to play.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lunker wrote: »
    I know that I'm way late to the party, but I had my first full playthrough of Beatles RB and wanted to kick in my two cents.

One of my most secretly hidden shames is that I didn't particularly like the Beatles, or at least I hadn't heard much of them aside from a few of the inescapable songs like Hey Jude or Imagine. None of the deeper cuts, and I didn't really listen to the songs outside of maybe the vocal lines. So I was interested in Beatles RB as kind of a primer on the band, and in that respect the game totally blew my ass off the couch because it was amazing to see the growth and development of this simple shiny pop-rock quartet into, well, the Beatles.

The Abbey Road studio tracks were stunning; I had never heard Helter Skelter before but the madness and turbulence in that song is just crazy. And then I was playing I Want You (She's So Heavy) and just kind of marveled at the maturation of sound from, like, Can't Buy Me Love to this. I had originally been skeptical of Beatles RB as a project because I thought the Beatles sound was so uniform, but tracking the band chronologically was an excellent way to see why people love them so much.

So TL;DR, as an introduction for people who don't have an appreciation of the Beatles primarily out of ignorance to their work, the game works in spades. And now I'm going to start borrowing Beatles albums from my friends, as well as chide my parents for not playing these albums while I was growing up.

Oh yeah, and I'm actually glad they put the Day Tripper achievement in the game, because it pushed me to run through the game all in one go and I think digesting all of those songs so close together is why the game had such an impact on me. Otherwise I might have tapered off somewhere around Shea Stadium and taken my time before finishing the story mode.

Really glad to hear it, Lunker. The Beatles music meant a lot to me growing up, and that has only increased as I've been able to appreciate it more. While an imperfect game, it's nice to see it has helped some have some of the same joy it brings me.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Heh... My dad LOVES all things Beatles and after I convinced him to get it by playing it in front of him, he's hooked. He loves how everything in the studio is near perfect and how the characters' hands actually play the correct chords and strings (they do this to an extent in RB, but in B:RB it's an exact match). His only beef is that the guy that played keyboards on the roof top is missing (replaced by a stack of Vox amps) and George is playing lead/slide guitar on While My Guitar Gently Weeps instead of Eric (Clapton).

To be honest though, Clapton is mentioned in the photos and Billy Preston (the keyboardist) has a photo of just him and is featured in the final unlockable.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Mr FoxMr Fox Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    And tips for Battery by Metallica on hard
    This thing is kicking my ass, worse then Run to the hills D:

Mr Fox on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »

To be honest though, Clapton is mentioned in the photos and Billy Preston (the keyboardist) has a photo of just him and is featured in the final unlockable.

Oh he knows. He accepts the fact that it's The Beatles:Rock Band and not The Beatles And Friends:Rock Band.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Beatles: Preston's Revenge

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Beatles Rock Band: Pete Best Strikes Back

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    For whoever was making te transition from medium to hard, if you know someone that has GH2, borrow it and play the itro to sweet child o mine untill you get it.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah but then he'll have an entirely different problem (bleeding ears)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tommatt wrote: »
    For whoever was making te transition from medium to hard, if you know someone that has GH2, borrow it and play the itro to sweet child o mine untill you get it.

Heh thanks - I just looked at that on youtube and can see it would be good training. Lego Rock Band came yesterday (I bought it cheap, mainly for the song export), and I like the fact you can't fail any song, just lose your points. It makes a better alternative to no fail mode as I can actually progress (very slowly) with the story while learning. I actually managed to complete some songs on Hard without failing too. Woo!

I'm still a miffed about the sharp increase in difficulty. I've gone from 100%ing songs on Medium to utterly failing on Hard, and its very disheartening. I'll will prevail though.

Cullen on