As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[APB] All Points Bulletin, I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t...

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    your mom goes to stun lag to death college.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Anyone want to buy a Savage 3 for 500k?

Rius on
  • Options
    StyrkaStyrka Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    Anyone want to buy a Savage 3 for 500k?

Yes. Let me just kill some people IRL real quick to get that for you.

Styrka on
  • Options
    CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Team Rocket getting the job done last night:
    screenshot00079.png

So my offer still stands, if you are in Two Days and finding your members to be lackluster or not playing anymore we still welcome you to the fold!

Camui on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Someone tell me how to get upgrades. Cause if its just getting your rep up with all the peeps, that's going to take a long ass time. X(

I also finished my Team Aqua outfit. But used the ol Team Rocket outfit from the video games and just put an aqua spin on it or something. THOUGHTS?
    TeamAquaBLK1.jpg
    TeamAquaBLK2.jpg

EDIT: Does anyone know when I unlock the Military hat? Its the only piece left to complete my outfit!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So Rius and I are the only people I see consistently playing on Enforcer side anymore, out of the 55 people in Two Days. This frustrates me for a number of reasons, not least of which is that I worked very hard to get a bunch of you NL9s, which I could have sold for $texas at the time that I first unlocked them, and after I handed out like 20 of the things you all stopped playing. :\

Really, the NL9s are inconsequential, especially now that they're not as valuable since more people have them unlocked, but the point I'm getting at is that nobody seems to be playing. 2/55 hardly seems good.

I have precisely zero desire to switch to criminal after investing the time I have in my character.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, we always been a small clan when compared to 55, but we usually have 5-7 people on every night. Just depends.

Camui on
  • Options
    UnderHero5UnderHero5 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I haven't played in weeks. The unbalanced nature of the game drove me to stop playing, since it was just becoming frustrating. I figured I'd save whatever time I have left for when they patch the game up more.

I had a ton of fun before all the flaws really showed themselves, though. Played probably 30-40 hours or so. Worth the 50 I paid for it, right there.

UnderHero5 on
    -=Evildoers Beware=-
    XBL: UnderHero5
    Steam/PSN: UnderHero5
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ein, I play as Dermond, and the computer I have doesn't run it well enough so I either have to go my parents (which still tends to freeze) or the LAN center (wife hurt her back, missed an entire paycheck worth of work so we're trying not to get snowed under by bills) and I can only do that in the afternoon.

I want to be able to get on more, I really do. The most fun I've had was running with you and my brother Argus, taking out scum.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2010
    screenshot00080.png

New van, work in progress.

Camui on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Work in Progress
    ScreenShot00011.jpg
    ScreenShot00015-1.jpg

I wish I could switch servers, I'd bring my Enforcer over to Zombie to play with you guys. I tried making a new toon on Zombie, but I'm really attached to my first Enforcer, and since RTW didn't provide anyway to save a character template, I'll never get her to look the same to remake her.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think Ein and I have pretty much perfected the art of rolling around in a 2 man team. As I've said before, the best upgrade choice for an HVR is a buddy with an Obeya; it's not so good in Financial but on the Waterfront it's spectacular.

It feels really good to do well at this game, even against equivalent Crim players, with weapons that aren't named OCA or N-Tec. As a side result I've also gotten pretty good at Grenade timing.

Weird shit happens when we're driving the T-25, though. Last night we broadsided a dump truck and instead of tipping on it's side, it reared over about halfway and Ein kept driving forward. Instead of finishing the tip, the dump truck rode up on the hood and we drove forward at full speed for about a block, carrying the truck. When we finally hit something, both our truck and the dumptruck went spinning into the air.

Just wait until we complete the supercar. Can anyone buy 4-slot Patriot T-25s?

Also I still have that Savage 3 for sale or trade (PM me if you have an upcoming free Rank 3 upgrade selection), cheap!

Rius on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ein wrote: »
    So Rius and I are the only people I see consistently playing on Enforcer side anymore, out of the 55 people in Two Days. This frustrates me for a number of reasons, not least of which is that I worked very hard to get a bunch of you NL9s, which I could have sold for $texas at the time that I first unlocked them, and after I handed out like 20 of the things you all stopped playing. :\

Really, the NL9s are inconsequential, especially now that they're not as valuable since more people have them unlocked, but the point I'm getting at is that nobody seems to be playing. 2/55 hardly seems good.

I have precisely zero desire to switch to criminal after investing the time I have in my character.

Between the Lag, work and my 3mth. old I haven't had time to get on my computer, let alone APB.

I will try to remedy this soon however.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    How's the Zombie server doing? LaRocha has been a ghost town since the Punkbuster patch.

We went from ~6 action districts full and 2-3 in the 70's to maybe 2 districts full with 1-2 medium pop and the rest 10 pop or less.

My criminal clan went from consistent 3rd place to consistent 1st and sometimes 2nd in the leagues literally overnight.

If I can recreate my LaRocha Enforcer on Zombie to a point that I'm happy with it, I'll make the switch and add another warm body to the mix over there.

How many times have 2 Days and Team Rocket faced off?

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm on Zombie in Ein's group.

But like I said -- the Lag made me put the game on the back-burner.

Is the lag temporarily gone?

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The lag is gone, gone. It was gone days ago.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rius wrote: »
    The lag is gone, gone. It was gone days ago.

Yeah, I even had a chance to log in when it was supposedly awful and didn't have any problems.

It's been pretty smooth since the emergency server patch.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Then I shall try to get on tonight.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    japhjaph Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rarely anyone on from two days. I've been on 9PM EST and I've seen Ein in social and 2 other people and that's it. Ill still be around if anyone is on in the evenings.

japh on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Haven't logged in a week... busy with new house stuffs... would be good to get my enforcer on again

Ein I thought you had quit?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Only takes 3 other people to have fun. :)

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sorry Ein, I was annoyed with always being the only one online in 2 Days, and I wanted to make boatloads of cash, so I started to solo criminals, then I realized that there were always like half a dozen people on Team Rocket so I started to play crims a lot more.

edit:

also, soloing in this game is a surefire way to get dickrolled by a team of 2 to 3 people with the lamest of the winbutton guns, upgrades, and vehicles who are strategically avoiding fair fights. You should get paid significantly less for winning an unfair fight, also you should get paid significantly more for losing an unfair fight, finally you should get paid significantly more for participating in a fair fight.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Let's not forget about the funny and annoying Sonork rants! Also our easily better players on our clan!

*I need a nap*

Camui on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Camui wrote: »
    Let's not forever about the funny and annoying Sonork rants and easily better players on our side =p

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    GroboGrobo Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Hello

I play Grobo - an enforcer on Zombie. Can i join up to arrest some mans?

Grobo on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    screenshot00086.png
    screenshot00087.png

Updated mudkip car, was made on request for someone

Camui on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So i herd u liek mudkip car.

Also, all your cars have given me a boner. I really want to design some pokeman cars now. NOT THAT FAKE CLOYSTER CAR I DID. :(

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Let's not forever about the funny and annoying Sonork rants and easily better players on our side =p

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Has. Anyone. Really. Been. Far. Even. As. Decided. To. Use. Even. Go. Want. To. Do. Look. More. Like.

What?

Edit: Someone explain this, cause I don't get it.

Astale on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Camui said something that I couldn't decipher, and that's the typical "what the fuck am I reading" reply.

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    SygnonSygnon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man the pop numbers keep getting worse.

Sygnon on
    b0b11710e1ddcbfc1958f52a53cb7566.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ... why are people trying to sell like, $10k money for like 1000 RTW points?

$10k takes like 10 minutes to make if you're a criminal and is only really reasonable at 100 or less. . . Christ, at 1000, you could buy RTW points from RTW and but 10 times the $$$ using it. . .

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    StyrkaStyrka Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ... why are people trying to sell like, $10k money for like 1000 RTW points?

$10k takes like 10 minutes to make if you're a criminal and is only really reasonable at 100 or less. . . Christ, at 1000, you could buy RTW points from RTW and but 10 times the $$$ using it. . .

Because it's like 100k, but minus one zero, which is hard for some people to notice.

Styrka on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Astale wrote: »

Has. Anyone. Really. Been. Far. Even. As. Decided. To. Use. Even. Go. Want. To. Do. Look. More. Like.

What?

Edit: Someone explain this, cause I don't get it.

it's a meme

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    screenshot00094.png

Camui on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This game makes no sense sometimes.

Issue #1: My criminal is rank 160, I only have 1 character upgrade slot. I'm seeing characters barely rank 100 with 3 upgrade slots. (Not to mention they're usually filled with Level 3 upgrades)

Issue #2: Enforcer is totally easy mode. I solo my enforcer daily and that character is a higher threat than my criminal that always runs in a full clan group with Ventrilo.

Issue #3: That same enforcer keeps getting 2v1 APB's and I get no option to call for backup. WTF? I don't care what rank someone is, 2v1 with no chance to even it up is never fair.

I still LOVE this game, though.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So am I right yet?

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sygnon wrote: »
    Man the pop numbers keep getting worse.

Where are you finding your stats?

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know what they did to the driving physics but they are all kinds of fucked up now.
    I'll be driving along and if I drive over the painted lines in the road the car will jackknife or some shit. It's ridiculous.

Brian on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They are trying to teach you to...STAY IN THE GOD DAMN LANE!

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    They are trying to teach you to...STAY IN THE GOD DAMN LANE!

Don't forget that hitting roadsigns and parking meters penalizes you more than hitting other cars. 20 seconds for a road sign/meter and only 5 seconds for hitting a car.

Hitting a person is a whopping 30 seconds.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
This discussion has been closed.