Options

[Chat] of the Sea

1356771

Posts

  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    also I eat a LOT for a dude who is rather tiny

    for lunch I had a bowl of spaghetti, and entire eggplant (oven roasted) and two croissants.

    so like when I go to taco bell I get 2 bean crunchwraps, two of those cheese roll things, and two bags of twists plus a drink.

    hi-5 voracious vegetarians

    hi-5 alliteration!

    also I am hungry again

    how I am still 115lbs I will never know

    Arch on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't understand how you guys spend so much on fast food.

    I can get a meal for two from some local restaurants for as much as you guys spend on fast food. o_O

    that's my point

    I also spend WAY less then you guys do on fast food. :P

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man there hasn't be a good [chat] OP in years.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't understand how you guys spend so much on fast food.

    I can get a meal for two from some local restaurants for as much as you guys spend on fast food. o_O

    that's my point

    I also spend WAY less then you guys do on fast food. :P

    I try to avoid it, given everything I have said up till this point. But I drive to columbia from charleston a lot, and if I need food I am gettin me some fast food.

    Also when I am too lazy to pack a lunch for work, I eat subway/bell

    Arch on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyway all this food talk has made me hungry so I'm going to go make myself some lunch.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't understand how you guys spend so much on fast food.

    I can get a meal for two from some local restaurants for as much as you guys spend on fast food. o_O

    that's my point

    I also spend WAY less then you guys do on fast food. :P

    I try to avoid it, given everything I have said up till this point. But I drive to columbia from charleston a lot, and if I need food I am gettin me some fast food.

    Also when I am too lazy to pack a lunch for work, I eat subway/bell

    One of the perks of the job is that we have a nice cafe in the next building that does some wonderful meals. Admittedly today's Lamb Ragu was not one of the chef's better ideas but the lamb was cooked properly.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I don't understand how you guys spend so much on fast food.

    I can get a meal for two from some local restaurants for as much as you guys spend on fast food. o_O

    that's my point

    I also spend WAY less then you guys do on fast food. :P

    I try to avoid it, given everything I have said up till this point. But I drive to columbia from charleston a lot, and if I need food I am gettin me some fast food.

    Also when I am too lazy to pack a lunch for work, I eat subway/bell

    One of the perks of the job is that we have a nice cafe in the next building that does some wonderful meals. Admittedly today's Lamb Ragu was not one of the chef's better ideas but the lamb was cooked properly.

    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Arch on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hello Timothy Leary Come Check Out This Theory, do you have any new theories to come check out?
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Well okay, for just myself I get a Double Classic, large fries, a bottled water, and a chicken sandwich off the value menu. What can I replace this meal with so that it's cheaper? The food on the Value Menu is smaller than what you find in the combo meals so you would have to account for that.

    The easiest thing to replace would be the bottle of water. Bottled water is a rip, ask for a cup for water, cost $0. It will be small and you may have to get a lot of refills but free is free. I'm not personally familiar with wendy's menu (there isn't one around me) but I imagine you could pick up two $1 burgers and two $1 fries if you really wanted a lot of fries for a total expenditure of $4 and a similar amount if not more food.

    The bottled water makes sense, it is usually a rip-off, I should just bring water with me. The $1 fries are really small, though, I usually order them whenever I get a Frosty for a snack. I think if I ordered two burgers, three fries and brought my own water I would be close to the amount of food I normally ordered. If I ordered another chicken sandwich it might bring the amount of food over what I normally order. There is savings but there are hoops to jump through and I think that's silly.

    Sarksus on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Mojo!

    I'm still not sure what you were talking about, with the credit card receipt and your signature... they bring you the bill, you send it back with your CC, which they bring back with the slip with the total price, a line for a tip, a line for the new total to be charged to your card, and a line for your signature. You add the necessary tip, tally the new final total, and sign the slip. I don't get what you mean saying you were signing before the final total was known.

    Total of the charge.

    As in, you sign the base charge and then add tip. They go back and charge the tip, de facto.

    That... that's not how it works here, which is why I was not following what he was saying. Even when I've been in the states, it hasn't worked the way I'm interpreting what you are saying--it worked the way I described.

    1. hand over card
    2. receive receipt for charge for base price of $20.00 (not tip)
    3. sign receipt and add tip of $4.00
    4. card is then charged again for tip/original charge modified for tip

    That's... just strange. There is no charge at step 2 that I've ever seen.

    So, you go to a restaurant, and your bill is $18.00 and you pay with cc. They take your card, charge you the $18.00 to your cc and then you sign, add a $2.00 tip, and then they go and make a $2.00 charge to your cc. You get your statement eventually and it shows two charges that day for that restaurant, $18.00 and $2.00??

    Basically, at least to my understanding.

    The actuality of how the charges really work is, I assume, somewhat complex. Like how a company can put a small $1 "hold" charge, and change it when the full amount is known (I've seen this at gas stations where they run the card authorization first for a small amount, and then bill the full amount "later").

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Yeah, I'd brown bag it for those.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Bama on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?

    m_agent_smith.jpg

    We'd like to take off the scarf and come with us for questioning, m'am.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Hah! No flying on planes for you!

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Yeah, I'd brown bag it for those.

    I do most days, see above.

    Tomorrow i finish off the gallon of potato soup I made this weekend.

    Then i need to cook more food for lunch leftovers.

    Also I am convinced I bring the most 'complicated' meals at the hospital. Roasted eggplant (which I microwave on a plate I brought cause I don't have microwave safe tupperware) and leftover carbonara (which I brought a separate bowl for for the same reason) along with pastries.

    Arch on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "Local Parcel Thief Thwarts Terrorist Plot"

    Bama on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Mojo!

    I'm still not sure what you were talking about, with the credit card receipt and your signature... they bring you the bill, you send it back with your CC, which they bring back with the slip with the total price, a line for a tip, a line for the new total to be charged to your card, and a line for your signature. You add the necessary tip, tally the new final total, and sign the slip. I don't get what you mean saying you were signing before the final total was known.

    Total of the charge.

    As in, you sign the base charge and then add tip. They go back and charge the tip, de facto.

    That... that's not how it works here, which is why I was not following what he was saying. Even when I've been in the states, it hasn't worked the way I'm interpreting what you are saying--it worked the way I described.

    1. hand over card
    2. receive receipt for charge for base price of $20.00 (not tip)
    3. sign receipt and add tip of $4.00
    4. card is then charged again for tip/original charge modified for tip

    That's... just strange. There is no charge at step 2 that I've ever seen.

    So, you go to a restaurant, and your bill is $18.00 and you pay with cc. They take your card, charge you the $18.00 to your cc and then you sign, add a $2.00 tip, and then they go and make a $2.00 charge to your cc. You get your statement eventually and it shows two charges that day for that restaurant, $18.00 and $2.00??

    Basically, at least to my understanding.

    The actuality of how the charges really work is, I assume, somewhat complex. Like how a company can put a small $1 "hold" charge, and change it when the full amount is known (I've seen this at gas stations where they run the card authorization first for a small amount, and then bill the full amount "later").
    I've heard of that gas station stuff, but have never seen it here or in my limited time in the States. I don't doubt it happens, I guess, I just have only heard of that in the context of gas stations. What mojo mentioned and you described for restaurants was wholly foreign. It does not work like that here.

    LaOs on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Yeah, I'd brown bag it for those.

    I do most days, see above.

    Tomorrow i finish off the gallon of potato soup I made this weekend.

    Then i need to cook more food for lunch leftovers.

    Also I am convinced I bring the most 'complicated' meals at the hospital. Roasted eggplant (which I microwave on a plate I brought cause I don't have microwave safe tupperware) and leftover carbonara (which I brought a separate bowl for for the same reason) along with pastries.

    If you're making the pastries from scratch, then yes. I won't make pastry dough no matter how much you pay me.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Dude I've gotten stuff from Kuwait before and have flown since without any trouble. Mostly chocolate, since Sara seems to think I love the stuff.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I managed to get a Dr House leather jacket. And I look awesome in it :D

    WMain00 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    this is a boring course, I am bored.

    Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Mojo!

    I'm still not sure what you were talking about, with the credit card receipt and your signature... they bring you the bill, you send it back with your CC, which they bring back with the slip with the total price, a line for a tip, a line for the new total to be charged to your card, and a line for your signature. You add the necessary tip, tally the new final total, and sign the slip. I don't get what you mean saying you were signing before the final total was known.

    Total of the charge.

    As in, you sign the base charge and then add tip. They go back and charge the tip, de facto.

    That... that's not how it works here, which is why I was not following what he was saying. Even when I've been in the states, it hasn't worked the way I'm interpreting what you are saying--it worked the way I described.

    1. hand over card
    2. receive receipt for charge for base price of $20.00 (not tip)
    3. sign receipt and add tip of $4.00
    4. card is then charged again for tip/original charge modified for tip

    That's... just strange. There is no charge at step 2 that I've ever seen.

    So, you go to a restaurant, and your bill is $18.00 and you pay with cc. They take your card, charge you the $18.00 to your cc and then you sign, add a $2.00 tip, and then they go and make a $2.00 charge to your cc. You get your statement eventually and it shows two charges that day for that restaurant, $18.00 and $2.00??

    Basically, at least to my understanding.

    The actuality of how the charges really work is, I assume, somewhat complex. Like how a company can put a small $1 "hold" charge, and change it when the full amount is known (I've seen this at gas stations where they run the card authorization first for a small amount, and then bill the full amount "later").
    I've heard of that gas station stuff, but have never seen it here or in my limited time in the States. I don't doubt it happens, I guess, I just have only heard of that in the context of gas stations. What mojo mentioned and you described for restaurants was wholly foreign. It does not work like that here.

    Well, I usually just tip in cash when I use a card.

    Mostly because I work in finance, and I know how driving that urge to screw people is. I don't trust financial institutions further than I can throw their huge sacks of "bailout" bonu...er,"stimulus".

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Yeah, I'd brown bag it for those.

    I do most days, see above.

    Tomorrow i finish off the gallon of potato soup I made this weekend.

    Then i need to cook more food for lunch leftovers.

    Also I am convinced I bring the most 'complicated' meals at the hospital. Roasted eggplant (which I microwave on a plate I brought cause I don't have microwave safe tupperware) and leftover carbonara (which I brought a separate bowl for for the same reason) along with pastries.

    If you're making the pastries from scratch, then yes. I won't make pastry dough no matter how much you pay me.

    Not these, but the roomate has made some and the fiancee is working on getting hers down.

    These were from a local bakery I got coffee at this morning. But usually I have homemade bread.

    Arch on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My religions teacher brought the koran to school today and said she'd pass it around if not for the risk of menstruating females touching it.

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm on the FBI watch list 8-)

    Pony on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    My religions teacher brought the koran to school today and said she'd pass it around if not for the risk of menstruating females touching it.

    Oh ho ho ho! Was it Laury Silvers?

    Because I want it to be.

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Dude I've gotten stuff from Kuwait before and have flown since without any trouble. Mostly chocolate, since Sara seems to think I love the stuff.

    You hear that, CIA? Now she's bragging about being a terrorist that's allowed to fly.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Mojo!

    I'm still not sure what you were talking about, with the credit card receipt and your signature... they bring you the bill, you send it back with your CC, which they bring back with the slip with the total price, a line for a tip, a line for the new total to be charged to your card, and a line for your signature. You add the necessary tip, tally the new final total, and sign the slip. I don't get what you mean saying you were signing before the final total was known.

    Total of the charge.

    As in, you sign the base charge and then add tip. They go back and charge the tip, de facto.

    That... that's not how it works here, which is why I was not following what he was saying. Even when I've been in the states, it hasn't worked the way I'm interpreting what you are saying--it worked the way I described.

    1. hand over card
    2. receive receipt for charge for base price of $20.00 (not tip)
    3. sign receipt and add tip of $4.00
    4. card is then charged again for tip/original charge modified for tip

    That's... just strange. There is no charge at step 2 that I've ever seen.

    So, you go to a restaurant, and your bill is $18.00 and you pay with cc. They take your card, charge you the $18.00 to your cc and then you sign, add a $2.00 tip, and then they go and make a $2.00 charge to your cc. You get your statement eventually and it shows two charges that day for that restaurant, $18.00 and $2.00??

    Basically, at least to my understanding.

    The actuality of how the charges really work is, I assume, somewhat complex. Like how a company can put a small $1 "hold" charge, and change it when the full amount is known (I've seen this at gas stations where they run the card authorization first for a small amount, and then bill the full amount "later").
    I've heard of that gas station stuff, but have never seen it here or in my limited time in the States. I don't doubt it happens, I guess, I just have only heard of that in the context of gas stations. What mojo mentioned and you described for restaurants was wholly foreign. It does not work like that here.

    At least in the United States this is how it often works, regarding gas stations. The gasoline pump will authorize the card to make sure it's good, you'll pump your gas, and then it will finish the transaction by charging the correct amount. If the pump didn't check the card beforehand people could pump gas without a good credit card. This process is completely invisible to the person pumping the gas, though. You would only notice it if your card was declined.

    Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Yeah, I'd brown bag it for those.

    I do most days, see above.

    Tomorrow i finish off the gallon of potato soup I made this weekend.

    Then i need to cook more food for lunch leftovers.

    Also I am convinced I bring the most 'complicated' meals at the hospital. Roasted eggplant (which I microwave on a plate I brought cause I don't have microwave safe tupperware) and leftover carbonara (which I brought a separate bowl for for the same reason) along with pastries.

    If you're making the pastries from scratch, then yes. I won't make pastry dough no matter how much you pay me.

    Not these, but the roomate has made some and the fiancee is working on getting hers down.

    These were from a local bakery I got coffee at this morning. But usually I have homemade bread.

    Breads I can make, but I could never ever get pastry dough to come out the way I wanted it to. My sister could, but she was always better at desserts then me. I just use the sheets when I have to mess with pastries. But they are wonderful for making savory turnovers.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Dude I've gotten stuff from Kuwait before and have flown since without any trouble. Mostly chocolate, since Sara seems to think I love the stuff.

    You hear that, CIA? Now she's bragging about being a terrorist that's allowed to fly.

    Take the terrorist's shoes and underwear!

    Then they can't blow shit up!

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Dude I've gotten stuff from Kuwait before and have flown since without any trouble. Mostly chocolate, since Sara seems to think I love the stuff.
    But have you ever had one of those packages stolen by a God-Fearing, All-American, Flag-Waving thief before?

    Bama on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Well, 1. I work in a hospital. hospitals are OBVIOUSLY known for their AMAZING food.

    2. the cafeteria is currently under renovations so it is even WORSE than normal

    Yeah, I'd brown bag it for those.

    I do most days, see above.

    Tomorrow i finish off the gallon of potato soup I made this weekend.

    Then i need to cook more food for lunch leftovers.

    Also I am convinced I bring the most 'complicated' meals at the hospital. Roasted eggplant (which I microwave on a plate I brought cause I don't have microwave safe tupperware) and leftover carbonara (which I brought a separate bowl for for the same reason) along with pastries.

    If you're making the pastries from scratch, then yes. I won't make pastry dough no matter how much you pay me.

    Not these, but the roomate has made some and the fiancee is working on getting hers down.

    These were from a local bakery I got coffee at this morning. But usually I have homemade bread.

    Breads I can make, but I could never ever get pastry dough to come out the way I wanted it to. My sister could, but she was always better at desserts then me. I just use the sheets when I have to mess with pastries. But they are wonderful for making savory turnovers.

    The breads are all made by the fiancee, and I have never messed with pastries yet. My roomate, as I said, is good at them when she isn't busy. But she works in a candy/confectionery store so...

    Arch on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    I'm on the FBI watch list 8-)
    well to be fair it's because you killed a woman in Reno just to hear her cry

    Bama on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Dammit, I think someone stole the package that was my Koran.

    We've got signs out to prevent the mail people from leaving packages outside doors and in the mail area (since packages have been stolen recently), and usually they follow those directions, but occasionally one will leave packages outside doors. The tracker for my package says it was delivered day before yesterday, while Dyr and I were out, but there was no package outside the door.

    I wonder what use they'll get out of an Arabic Koran. Silly thief. Just because it's from Kuwait doesn't mean it's expensive or fancy. :?
    welcome to the FBI watch list

    Dude I've gotten stuff from Kuwait before and have flown since without any trouble. Mostly chocolate, since Sara seems to think I love the stuff.

    You hear that, CIA? Now she's bragging about being a terrorist that's allowed to fly.
    If you are a traveler from a country deemed a state sponsor of terrorism, prepare for "enhanced" screening, including pat-downs. According to the New York Daily News, the 14 countries on the list include Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/04/2010-01-04_its_touch_and_go_if_youre_flying_to_us.html

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    I'm on the FBI watch list 8-)

    I know what list I'm not on

    the list of people surprised by this

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    But have you ever had one of those packages stolen by a God-Fearing, All-American, Flag-Waving thief before?

    No, even though they're also marked as being from Kuwait. Last chocolate package arrived without incident a couple days before the Koran was supposed to, so I don't know. I think they'd've gotten more use out of the chocolate.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arch wrote: »

    The breads are all made by the fiancee, and I have never messed with pastries yet. My roomate, as I said, is good at them when she isn't busy. But she works in a candy/confectionery store so...

    Then she must have the touch. And now I'm craving my grandmother's eclairs.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    The breads are all made by the fiancee, and I have never messed with pastries yet. My roomate, as I said, is good at them when she isn't busy. But she works in a candy/confectionery store so...

    Then she must have the touch. And now I'm craving my grandmother's eclairs.

    That's pretty sick. Is that what you call them?

    Sarksus on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    It'll be funny when one of your neighbors shows up asking why you ordered a Koran in the funny looking language.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    The breads are all made by the fiancee, and I have never messed with pastries yet. My roomate, as I said, is good at them when she isn't busy. But she works in a candy/confectionery store so...

    Then she must have the touch. And now I'm craving my grandmother's eclairs.

    Yea, from what I understand its just one of those things

    She is loopy as all hell though, so I guess making delicious desserts and pastries is a way to compensate.

    She made some AWESOME fig pastries for christmas. SO GOOD.

    Arch on
This discussion has been closed.