Options

[Chat] of the Sea

1235771

Posts

  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    If they can read Arabic then chances are good they're already familiar with the Koran.

    That, and it was a gift since she found out all three of my Korans are translations. Mostly I'm just disappointed that such beautiful poetry may well be in the hands of someone who won't get to appreciate it.

    Are you some kind of artfag now too?

    Dude I have my BFA. I've always been some kind of artfag.

    Oh.

    Do you think I pay attention to this shit? If it's not tits, then gtfo.

    Sorry, the only nude photos I've done have been of men.

    I did do a nice sculpture of a female torso once, but it's at my parents' so I can get a picture of it for you.

    This was unexpected. I expected some kind of response about how I should love old art because roman and greek stuff is full of tits.

    It is, and you should.

    Uncultured swine.

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    I already told you I'm not paying you for what you done did.

    So much for owing up to your debts. Next time you make the brazen claim that you'll pay someone money to do something and then they actually do it, be sure you're willing to do it and don't weasel out of it.

    Premier kakos on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    If you are a traveler from a country deemed a state sponsor of terrorism, prepare for "enhanced" screening, including pat-downs. According to the New York Daily News, the 14 countries on the list include Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/04/2010-01-04_its_touch_and_go_if_youre_flying_to_us.html

    I would be very surprised if the TSA used that phrasing. State Sponsor of Terrorism is a very loaded phrase in diplomatic circles and one that would have the Saudis howling.

    Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

    from le article:
    The Transportation Security Administration said "every individual flying into the U.S. from anywhere in the world traveling from or through nations that are state sponsors of terrorism or other countries of interest will be required to go through enhanced screening."

    who knows what they really said though! could be anything!

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    This process is completely invisible to the person pumping the gas, though.

    It's not remotely invisible when you use a debit card.

    Really? I've used a debit card to pay at the pump and it works just like a credit card except you enter your PIN. From my perspective there is no indication that it's checking your account for usable funds, there's just a slight delay while it's doing it.

    Here's what it looks like on my (Chase, formerly WaMu) account.

    Let's say I have $2000 in my checking account, and I fill up for $32 on January 1, 2010.

    On 1/1/2010, I see a "Pending Transaction" for some arbitrary amount. Usually, it's $50, but it could be as much as $100. This reduces my available balance to $1950.

    Around 1/3/2010 or 1/4/2010, I see the actual charge of $32, but it's backdated to 1/1/2010. My available balance is now $1918.

    Sometime around 1/8/2010, the pending transaction for $50 is released, bringing my available balance back to $1968.

    That's really odd. I guess it differs. If that's how it worked for the majority of my customers I would probably have people coming in every day contesting odd charges to their accounts. My customers are very stupid, you see. Or maybe they just don't pay any attention. What I meant by invisible was that at the time of the transaction you aren't aware of it happening because there aren't any indicators of it happening. If you knew how the system worked or if your balance reflected it somehow then you would notice but like I said, it must differ.

    Sarksus on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This was unexpected. I expected some kind of response about how I should love old art because roman and greek stuff is full of tits.

    Well, there's that too. If you want some of the really good actual porn stuff, though, you need to look at 15th and 16th century Japanese paintings. :winky:

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    If they can read Arabic then chances are good they're already familiar with the Koran.

    That, and it was a gift since she found out all three of my Korans are translations. Mostly I'm just disappointed that such beautiful poetry may well be in the hands of someone who won't get to appreciate it.

    Are you some kind of artfag now too?

    Dude I have my BFA. I've always been some kind of artfag.

    Oh.

    Do you think I pay attention to this shit? If it's not tits, then gtfo.

    Sorry, the only nude photos I've done have been of men.

    I did do a nice sculpture of a female torso once, but it's at my parents' so I can get a picture of it for you.

    This was unexpected. I expected some kind of response about how I should love old art because roman and greek stuff is full of tits.

    You should love old art because your mom is full of tits.

    Premier kakos on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Despite all evidence to the contrary there's still some piece of my brain that believes everyone hates me

    this is annoying

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Justin is it physically painful to suck so badly?

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »

    DAFT


    yeah. that is the point. found the sample. it is a good song.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, I should go job hunting but being lazy is so much easier...*sigh*

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Honestly if someone told me I wasn't allowed to fly I'd be pretty ok with it. Fuck dealing with airports, and that would be a good excuse to avoid extended family.

    flying fucking sucks

    the older I get the less I like the act of traveling

    teleporter plz

    The suckiness of flying is the reason I will consider twelve hours on a train to get to Stuttgart over flying.

    Weirdly it seems to cost about the same if booked in advance.

    japan on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Restaurants often, but not always, work similarly to above.

    Let's say I have $2000 in my checking account, and on 1/1/2010 I go to dinner for $32 and leave a $5 tip.

    On 1/1/2010, I see a "pending transaction" for $32. My available balance is now $1968.

    Sometime around 1/3/2010 or 1/4/2010, I see the full charge of $37 go through. My available balance is now $1931.

    Sometime around 1/8/2010, the pending transaction is released and my available balance goes back up to
    $1963.

    $5 tip? What a cheap ass.

    Seriously, I had a 60 dollar tab at a joint this weekend and I left a 30 dollar tip.
    Unless you got a lap dance that's excessive and I'm the son of a (retired) bartender
    Beatty's new biographer, Peter Biskind, estimates that the famously seductive star of Bonnie and Clyde and Reds has notched up 12,775 sexual conquests, including Isabelle Adjani, Diane Keaton and Madonna.
    No he didn't

    PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Transportation Security Administration said "every individual flying into the U.S. from anywhere in the world traveling from or through nations that are state sponsors of terrorism or other countries of interest will be required to go through enhanced screening."

    who knows what they really said though! could be anything!

    That shit makes me rage.

    "State sponsors of terrorism" is just a way of saying "if you disagree with AMERICA and threaten to actually do something about it".

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Justin is it physically painful to suck so badly?

    ask ur mom

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Look if the fucking shoe fits... I mean some of the countries on that list have openly supported terrorists, thats pretty much state sponsored (though will that also include the US because republicans back abortion bombers?)

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That's really odd. I guess it differs. If that's how it worked for the majority of my customers I would probably have people coming in every day contesting odd charges to their accounts. My customers are very stupid, you see. Or maybe they just don't pay any attention. What I meant by invisible was that at the time of the transaction you aren't aware of it happening because there aren't any indicators of it happening. If you knew how the system worked or if your balance reflected it somehow then you would notice but like I said, it must differ.

    Well, on my Amex account, I can't see any of the individual holds, just a sum total of all the current holds, so I have no way of knowing it was your gas station that did that.

    On my Chase account, it's only been recently that I could see the source of each hold. Prior to about two months ago, when my account was still with WaMu, I could see a generic "Pending Transaction" but no source. I'd have to call my bank to find out where the hold came from.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Justin is it physically painful to suck so badly?

    Justin is a gaunt, pale child hunched over a laptop atop a wheelchair in a dark room

    doctor said he now only has a few weeks to live, but he's holding on

    typing out his tit jokes with quivering wrists

    Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    Unless you got a lap dance that's excessive and I'm the son of a (retired) bartender

    The service was impeccable and its a local restaurant. I'm sure the waiter was all broken up about the generous tip.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Justin is it physically painful to suck so badly?

    He can no longer feel the sensation.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    How can Iraq be a state sponsor of terrorism? We installed that government. Is America a state sponsor of terrorism too? Or maybe they are just a "country of interest".

    Sarksus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    How can Iraq be a state sponsor of terrorism? We installed that government. Is America a state sponsor of terrorism too? Or maybe they are just a "country of interest".

    Well there are a lot of terrorists working in Iraq. So country of interest at least.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    On top of that, gas stations don't always come up with clear identification on my statement. Yeah, sometimes they might say "Union 76" but other times they'll come up as "Larry Q. Sarksus" or some other random shit.

    Cab companies, too, although I've stopped using plastic for cab companies due to fraud.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    If you are a traveler from a country deemed a state sponsor of terrorism, prepare for "enhanced" screening, including pat-downs. According to the New York Daily News, the 14 countries on the list include Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/04/2010-01-04_its_touch_and_go_if_youre_flying_to_us.html

    I would be very surprised if the TSA used that phrasing. State Sponsor of Terrorism is a very loaded phrase in diplomatic circles and one that would have the Saudis howling.

    Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

    from le article:
    The Transportation Security Administration said "every individual flying into the U.S. from anywhere in the world traveling from or through nations that are state sponsors of terrorism or other countries of interest will be required to go through enhanced screening."

    who knows what they really said though! could be anything!

    It's the Daily News. For them I require documentation from another source.

    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    The part of Waiting that never made sense to me is why the guy got all pissed off at Justin Long's character for giving him back the tip. Or why the blond girl told him it was a bad idea.

    If a waiter gave me back the tip, I'd just take and leave.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    How can Iraq be a state sponsor of terrorism? We installed that government. Is America a state sponsor of terrorism too? Or maybe they are just a "country of interest".

    Who says logic has anything to do with this?

    When you use logic that means the terrorists win. :P

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    If you are a traveler from a country deemed a state sponsor of terrorism, prepare for "enhanced" screening, including pat-downs. According to the New York Daily News, the 14 countries on the list include Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/01/04/2010-01-04_its_touch_and_go_if_youre_flying_to_us.html

    I would be very surprised if the TSA used that phrasing. State Sponsor of Terrorism is a very loaded phrase in diplomatic circles and one that would have the Saudis howling.

    Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

    from le article:
    The Transportation Security Administration said "every individual flying into the U.S. from anywhere in the world traveling from or through nations that are state sponsors of terrorism or other countries of interest will be required to go through enhanced screening."

    who knows what they really said though! could be anything!

    It's the Daily News. For them I require documentation from another source.

    *cockslap*

    http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/010310_statement.shtm

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    nom om om. I have just cooked and eaten amazing roast chicken with all sorts of veggies and potatoes.

    Sooooooooooooooooo good.

    BobCesca on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    "State Sponsors of Terrorism" are Iran, Sudan, Syria, and N. Korea.

    Premier kakos on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Raileurope is telling me that an error occurred in their tool.

    japan on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    On top of that, gas stations don't always come up with clear identification on my statement. Yeah, sometimes they might say "Union 76" but other times they'll come up as "Larry Q. Sarksus" or some other random shit.

    Cab companies, too, although I've stopped using plastic for cab companies due to fraud.

    Don't call my given name "random shit".

    All the ladies love Larry Quantum Sarksus.

    Sarksus on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "State Sponsors of Terrorism" are Iran, Sudan, Syria, and N. Korea.

    And the United States.

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "State Sponsors of Terrorism" are Iran, Sudan, Syria, and N. Korea.

    north korea?

    lol wut?

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm just a local sponsor of terror.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "State Sponsors of Terrorism" are Iran, Sudan, Syria, and N. Korea.

    And the United States.

    do i hear an isreal?

    thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know the problem with counterterrorism

    no sense of humor

    sheesh

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I'm just a local sponsor of terror.

    That reminds me.

    Unless your dues are paid up, you won't be invited to the annual party.

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    "State Sponsors of Terrorism" are Iran, Sudan, Syria, and N. Korea.

    north korea?

    lol wut?

    Cuba is terrorizing us with horrible reggeton music and loud shirts

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    you guys, seriously, this chicken was just amazing.

    BobCesca on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    On top of that, gas stations don't always come up with clear identification on my statement. Yeah, sometimes they might say "Union 76" but other times they'll come up as "Larry Q. Sarksus" or some other random shit.

    Cab companies, too, although I've stopped using plastic for cab companies due to fraud.

    Don't call my given name "random shit".

    All the ladies love Larry Quantum Sarksus.
    LLL Quantum S?

    Bama on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    you guys, seriously, this chicken was just amazing.

    Damnit. You're making me hungry again.

    The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
This discussion has been closed.