As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great [Backlog] Challenge: Insert Disc 2 to Continue...

• ShaquarShaquar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 1/33

So, this is starting off pretty good. I just finished Half Life 2. Only had 3 chapters to go. Great final I think but if I would have finished it without knowing I have Episode 1 waiting for me right there, I would have been slightly pissed at the ending.

So, my new list:

Red is currently playing
    Lime is finished

PC

- Stalker SoC - Finish (Haven't played yet)
    - Red Alert 3 - Finish all campaigns (Halfway through the first one now)
    - Half Life 2
    - Half Life 2 Episode 1 - Finish (Haven't played yet)
    - Half Life 2 Episode 2 - Finish (Haven't played yet)
    - Colonization - Finish one game on medium difficulty or something (Already played a few hours)
    - Empire: Total War - Finish one game (If I can warm up to the scenario somehow, otherwise it's gone)
    - Modern Warfare 2 - Finish Campaign (4th mission or something)
    - Defense Grid - Finish (Halfway through, I think)
    - Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 - Finish (4th mission or something)
    - Torchlight - Defeat the final boss on Very Hard in Hardcore mode (Already played the heck out of it)
    - Dragon Age: Origins - Finish Campaign (At about 10% I think)
    - Warcraft III: Frozen Throne - Finish Campaign (Only played through Reign of Chaos)
    - Gothic 2 - Finish Main Quest (a few hours in)
    - Disciples 2 - Finish (Haven't played yet)
    - Saints Row 2 - Finish (Haven't played yet. Damn 5$ Steam sale)
    - Prototype - Finish (a few hours in)
    - Unreal Tournamet 3 - Play through campaign and some Multiplayer
    - Heroes of Might an Magic V - Finish (Haven't played yet)
    - World in Conflict - Play through campaign (A few missions in)

- Gears of War - Finish (A few hours in)
    - Ninja Gaiden 2 - Finish (A few hours in)
    - Advanced Warfighter - Finish (Haven't played yet)
    - Braid - Finish (I think I may be too stupid for this game though. Makes my brain hurt)
    - Shadow Complex - Finish (A few hours in)

PSP

- Warhammer 40k: Squad Command - Finish (5th mission)
    - Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - Finish (20 hours in)
    - Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Finish the story mode (20 hours in)
    - Patapon - Finish (A few hours in)
    - Mega Man Powerred Up - Finish (3 bosses down)

Wii

- Super Mario Galaxy - Finish with Luigi (currently at 80 Stars)
    - Super Mario 64 - Finish
    - Super Mario World - Finish

That puts me at

1/33

Shaquar on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Update Status 11/86 I'm getting rid of my Alice/Undying bundle, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and God of War. I'd be making more progress in my backlog if a friend hadn't loaned me Gears of War and I hadn't decided to do a neutral playthrough of Fallout 3.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Another game done for me, which is COD Modern Warfare 2's single-player.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm on the final mission in Modern Warfare 2. Hopefully I can find the time tonight to knock that one off the list.

edit - haha, what timing.

-Loki- on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Update 10/62
    GTA IV: The Lost & Damned is complete. I'm not sure what's next as I'm playing a lot already. Probably focus on Borderlands.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 13/45

Woohoo! Almost to 33%. Half-Life 2 is done. Next up on PC - Fallout 3.

pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 8/31. For some reason I posted a fall off the wagon for Modern Warfare 2, but never added it. I just added it. Bummer - I thought I was close to finishing 1/3 of my games.

-Loki- on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm a terrible backlogger.

I just resubed to WoW I just had a MMo craving :|.

FORGIVE ME?

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited January 2010
    I'm a terrible backlogger.

I just resubed to WoW I just had a MMo craving :|.

FORGIVE ME?

Only if you add it to your backlog with the goal of every 'achievement' in the game.

-Loki- on
  • KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Knocked about 5 games off of my backlog today... by trading them in. They were the games I got a few weeks ago for $5 each and for some reason EB in Canada has some pretty crazy trade-in values, I took advantage.

Managed to get fully paid pre-orders for Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and God of War III. I think I made out pretty good.

KimFidler on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    oh that's cheating!

Raneados on
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    oh that's cheating!

Agreed but would you consider it cheating if I told you that one of those games was Velvet Assassin? :winky:

KimFidler on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know literally 0 things about that game

Raneados on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lemme put it this way: It's trade-in material.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Another good way would be everything a stealth game should not be.

Monkey Dicks is also an applicable title.

T4CT on
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus to 1/23

Just finished off Prey. It got better towards the end, then bad again, but the ending scene was very cool. Overall, it's a hodgepodge of great and lousy. Definately worth playing for the bargain price I got it for, but I can't say I'll ever play it again. Or remember very much of it tomorrow.

I might give Alien Shooter a spin next, not sure.

Dagrabbit on
    edited January 2010
    I thought Prey was a really fun shooter, but I wasn't playing it for the story, so eh.

-Loki- on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I enjoyed prey much more when I turned off the music and played Duke Nukem 3D music over the top. The monster design worked perfectly for it.

-SPI- on
    edited January 2010
    Prey also had some sweet gamerscore attached to just playing through it ;)

The part at the beginning when they play "Don't Fear the Reaper" is pretty awesome too.

KimFidler on
  • thegloamingthegloaming Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I guess I should eventually add the handful of RTSes I still have to my backlog someday... one victory at a time I suppose.

thegloaming on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Here we go. Taking the plunge finally.

!Signup

I'll post my full backlog, even though I don't really count the Wii. I love the Wii, but because I have so much shit on the XBox, I've let my girlfriend borrow my Wii, and it kinda sits at her house as my Red Ring Backup machine. I will, someday, get the RRoD, and I am totally prepared with good shit when that happens. So while I will do my best to follow the rules, I hope you guys will allow me a little wiggle room - as once I clear my backlog for a console, I'll allow myself to get more for THAT console only.

Sooooooo here we go. Lime means currently actively progressing through. Red now means complete!:
    XBox360:

Unfinished:

Deadly Premonition - Game of the year. No, I'm not kidding.
    Assassins Creed 2 - Finished! What the hell did I just watch? Overall, loved it.
    NHL09 - The upgrade system really flustered me, so my goal here is to beat the playoffs undefeated to unlock whatever it was I wanted when I decided to do that, then take that upgrade and complete a season.
    The Darkness - Got it for free about 2 years ago in an Amazon deal. Started it, and it didn't grab me (because it was free with BioShock, and I wanted to play that), so I'll be giving it another shake.
    MLB2k9 - JUST bought it for $7 because a friend has it and I figured its a cheap way to catch up with him online playing something. Will remove when I feel I've gotten my fill. At $7, there's no real goal, so if I play a couple games with him that's $7 worth.
    Half Life 2 - I had no idea Half Life 2 and Half Life 2: Ep 1 were two different games. I'm at the antlion part, and I fucking hate vehicles in this game. The boat made me sick - literally. So this is a wall of sorts. I am really, really dreading finishing this game, despite the praise it gets. The vehicles are just so, soulsuckingly unfun.
    Half Life 2: Ep 1 - When I got The Orange Box I beat Portal and put it away. I pulled it out later and tried Half Life, but never really got that into it. I feel like the critical accliam it's gotten means it deserves another go.
    Half Life 2: Ep 2 - See above.
    Virtua Tennis 3 - I'm #1! So satisfying!
    Pac Man CE - 2 out of the 5 (6?) modes done.
    Luxor 2 - Think I'm like 80% done with this.
    Viva Pinata TIP - What a crazy obsession I had with this game. I played it non stop forever. Getting all variants and wildcards and all sorts of crazy shit. I'd like to go back, with a clear, non-obsessive head, and just get all species. I've got to be pretty damn close.
    Beautiful Katmari - I can not beat the final stage. I've tried sporatically for years. I must do this.
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - In Egypt and using a walkthrough just to finish it. It feels cheap, but I like the game, and hate wondering "Am I missing the jump because Im missing the jump, or because Im not going the right way?"
    Fallout 3 DLC - I beat and loved Fallout. I bought all the DLC, but still haven't done any of it. I MAY - if this backlog thing takes - decide to just end my good dude's quest, and start a fresh, evil quest, doing the DLC along that journey.
    Worms 2: Armeggedon - Man I hate playing this single player. But I should.
    Left 4 Dead 2 - All campaigns complete! Moved the game to my bonus goals.
    Overlord - This will be a rough one. I got about 75% done, and quit. Its now been about 8 months. Everytime I put it in I have no idea how to play or what to do. And get slaughtered. I either need to man up and restart, or read a walkthrough up to where I'm at so I can remember what I'm supposed to be doing.
    Dead Space - Complete. Horrifying. Awesome. Will be doing a second run at some point after my nerves calm down.
    Penny Arcade Episode 2 - Complete! Great game, great fun, WILL NEVER SEE #3.
    GTA4: The Ballad of Gay Tony - Complete! Awesome!

Still Working on - stuff I consider done, but I still have personal goals with them:
    Street Fighter 4 - Want to unlock all fighters and all colors
    Halo 3 - Ive beaten the game, but for some reason I dont have the achievements for The Road or that horrible Flood level. I'd kinda like them...
    Halo ODST - all firefights
    Peggle - All challenges DONE!
    Resident Evil 5 - Beat on Veteran
    50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Beat on Hard. I loved this game.
    X-Men Origins Wolverine - Beat on Hard.
    Burnout Paradise - Get my Burnout Licence. I may actually move this up to the actual backlog. After getting my "A" license I figured I was done, but I guess that's not REALLY the end...
    Web of Shadows - All Spider Icons. Only like 700 left.
    Shadow Complex - Minimalist.
    Chime - All 5 stages done in 3 minute mode. 2/5 complete.
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Get the gnome achievement. Win 15 scavange matches.
    Deadly Premonition - 1000/1000

Wii:

Unfinished:

Madworld - Played it once for 10 minutes. Its cool. I may get to it soon.
    Godfather: Blackhand Edition - It was like the 3rd game I ever bought for the Wii. I played for like 5 hours and just did not like it. I'm willing to give it a second chance, I guess...
    Endless Ocean - Complete, just in time for Endless Ocean 2! Saw the great mother, the credits, and the sunken ship! Good enough for me!
    Endless Ocean 2: Blue World - Done! Fan-fucking-tastic! Better than the 1st in every way! See bonus goals!
    World of Goo- Maybe 2/3 done? Its relaxing. I'm in no rush to finish it.
    de Blob - 3 stages complete. It's a constant battle between wanting to 100% each level because they're fun, and just wanting to get to the end because you can't save mid level and they're so, so long.

Still Working on - stuff I consider done, but I still have personal goals with them:
    Endless Ocean 2: Blue World - Do everything. I only saw the credits in the main game, so there's so many things left. Just do all gazillion side missions. This is the only Wii game I think I'll ever play again.

DS:

Unfinished:

Apollo Justice - Fuck you, Lamior case. I can NOT get myself to finish it.
    Scribblenauts - Love it. Bought it at the launch party in NYC. Will complete it at a nice pace.

The Rub Rabbits - I want to beat the side story you get after beating the main game.
    Ninja Gaiden DS - It's not done, but it's not actually part of the backlog because I'm bored of it. It's fun for what it is, but its so monotonous. I want to beat it, but it will take an extended trip somewhere to do it, and I don't want to force myself to beat something I don't like, simply to allow myself to get something I'll enjoy, so it goes here.

So my totals:
    BACKLOG: 9/28
    BONUS GOALS OF FUN: 3/16

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So my birthday was yesterday, which means I need to add Brutal Legend and House of the Dead: Overkill to my backlog. Gonna dive into BL today. I know it's not the game I wanted it to be, but that doesn't mean it won't be good. Excited to see how it is, even though I loved the (apparently misleading) demo.

Also finished with 50 Cent for now. Got all the acheivements I'm interested in. Game was fun, but I don't think I coudl stomach playing through it on hard. Pretty repetitive. Definitely worth the 10 bucks I spent on it, though.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• ProtoMan39ProtoMan39 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I guess I'll do this.

!Startup
    XBox 360
    Infinite Undiscovery: Beat the secret dungeon after the final boss on Normal difficulty
    Bladestorm: Hundred Years War: 1000/1000 GS
    Tales of Vesperia: Beat the game (haven't started)
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope: Beat the game (haven't started)

Wii
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Beat the final boss (no way in hell I'm getting every single scan :P)

PC
    Europa Universalis 3: Complete a game, up to the year 1822

ProtoMan39 on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !FallOffTheWagon 0/36

Like I said, I got and started Bayonetta. At least it seems like a game I'll probably beat. White Knight Chronicles, Mass Effect 2, and Bioshock 2 are all getting a pass. My goal is 10 games beaten before I get a new one (FF13 excepted).

YamiNoSenshi on
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think Prey had a pretty strong first and last act, but the middle was pretty uncreative. It was kind of weird how dedicated the main character was to finding his girlfriend, but was content to randomly hopping through portals with no idea where he was or where he was going most of the time.

One of my favorite parts was towards the end where the music kicks up and the main guy is hell bent on killing as many guys as possible, shouting after each one you kill. It was awesome in an 80's movie kind of way.

Dagrabbit on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I fear this Borderlands game will become terribly, terribly addicting D:

Plus the visuals look goddamn AWESOME.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • ProtoMan39ProtoMan39 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »
    I fear this Borderlands game will become terribly, terribly addicting D:

Plus the visuals look goddamn AWESOME.

Yeah. It's a great game. Fantastic multiplayer. Not so much fun single-player, IMO, but still a solid experience. Expect a lot of grinding for items, though. Not sure if you like that or not. It's very Diablo 2-style.

ProtoMan39 on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !FallOffTheWagon 13/27

I bought Shadow Complex because it won Giantbomb's game of the year.

I have 920 MS points so I fully expect another fall in the near future once I find a good arcade game for 800 points or less.

T4CT on
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Reposting in the new thread so I can edit if old thread gets locked.

UreshiiAkuma's Backlog: 45/91 Complete
    Cyan = Gift
    Red = Fall-off-the-wagon
    Grey = Complete

PC
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Dragon Age
    KoTOR
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Heroes of Might & Magic V - Middle
    Fallout 3 - Begin
    Galactic Civ II - complete a full game - Begin
    Call of Duty 4 - Begin
    Tomb Raider: anniversary - Begin
    Guild Wars: Prophecies - complete campaign - Middle
    Guild Wars: Nightfall - complete campaign - Begin
    Bioshock - *COMPLETE 1/25/09*
    The Witcher - *COMPLETE 1/31/10*
    Torchlight- *COMPLETE 8/09/10*
    Civilization V - *COMPLETE 10/16/10*

Wii
    Nights - Begin
    Tales of Symphonia II - Begin
    Tiger Woods 10 - Goal TBD - Begin
    Wii Sports Resort
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - Goal get as far as I can in single player - Begin
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion - Middle
    SSX Blur - Begin
    Elebits - Begin
    ExciteBots - All tracks - Middle
    Metroid Prime Trilogy:
    Metroid Prime - Begin
    Echoes - Begin
    Corruption - Begin
    Eternal Darkness (GC) - Middle
    Killer 7 (GC) - Begin
    Pikmin (GC) - Begin
    Animal Crossing City Folk - *COMPLETE 10/30/09*
    Mario Kart Wii - *COMPLETE 11/24/09*
    Muramasa - *COMPLETE 12/19/09*
    Dead Space: Extraction - *COMPLETE 10/21/09*
    NSMB Wii - *COMPLETE 1/10/10*
    Boom Blox Bash Party - *COMPLETE 1/16/10*
    Endless Ocean - *COMPLETE 1/23/10*
    Rabbids Go Home - *COMPLETE 2/16/10*
    Megaman 10 - *COMPLETE 3/16/10*
    Endless Ocean Blue World *COMPLETE 3/24/10*
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 - *COMPLETE 6/16/10*
    A Boy and His Blob- *COMPLETE 7/16/10*
    Metroid: Other M - *COMPLETE 10/17/10*

XBox 360
    GhostBusters - Begin
    Tales of Vesperia - Begin
    Resident Evil 5 - Begin
    Gears of War 2 - Begin
    Blue Dragon - Begin
    Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) - Begin
    Madden 10 - *COMPLETE 10/31/09*
    Pure *COMPLETE 12/06/09*
    Lego Batman *COMPLETE 11/23/09*
    Beatles Rockband *COMPLETE 11/06/09*
    Soul Calibur IV - *COMPLETE 1/31/10*
    Bayonetta- *COMPLETE 2/02/10*
    Virtua Tennis 3 - *COMPLETE 2/04/10*
    Rockband 2 - *COMPLETE 3/19/10*
    Mass Effect 2 - *COMPLETE 3/30/10*
    Forza 3 - *COMPLETE 4/13/10*
    Breath of Death VII - The Beginning- *COMPLETE 5/19/10*
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - *COMPLETE 6/25/10*

PS3
    Disgaea 3 - Begin
    Batman: AA - Begin
    MGS4 - Begin
    Ratchet and Clank -Begin
    Katamari Forever *COMPLETE 11/07/09*
    Little Big Planet *COMPLETE 12/09/09*

PS2
    Rogue Galaxy - Middle
    Odin Sphere - Begin
    Persona 4 - *COMPLETE 12/02/09*
    MGS3 - *COMPLETE 1/29/10*
    Okami - *COMPLETE 7/21/10*

DS
    Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Begin
    GTA: Chinatown Wars - Middle
    DQM: Joker - Begin
    DQ - Rocket Slime - Begin
    Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA) - Middle
    Golden Sun: Lost Age (GBA) - Middle
    Warioland Advance (JP, GBA) - Middle
    Prof Layton & Diabolical Box - *COMPLETE 10/25/09*
    PuzzleQuest - *COMPLETE 12/16/09*
    Scribblenauts - *COMPLETE 12/05/09*
    Peggle - *COMPLETE 12/05/09*
    Dragon Quest V - *COMPLETE 4/07/10*
    Freshly Pick Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - *COMPLETE 8/07/10*
    Dragon Quest IX - *COMPLETE 10/07/10*
    Pokemon Pearl - *COMPLETE 10/17/10*
    3D Picross (JP) - *COMPLETE 10/20/10*
    Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - *COMPLETE 10/30/10*
    FFXII - Revenant Wings - *COMPLETE 11/07/10*

VC List - 0/1
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Complete Challenge List - 0/6
    (Games I have beaten and removed from the backlog, but have more I plan to complete. Someday. Maybe.
    NSMB Wii - Collect all star coins
    Rockband 2 - Get "Play at Every Venue" achievement
    Endless Ocean Blue World - Find all fish
    Forza 3 - Gold all events in Season play.
    SMG2 - All stars and green stars.
    Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Get all rupee goods

UreshiiAkuma on
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !FallOffTheWagon - 14/84
    It was a minor fall, but a fall none-the-less. I was a casualty of the Steam sale on the final day - ended up picking up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $2. I couldn't get past rationalizing that, even if I barely played it, it was only $2, so it is not like it really hit my wallet any ...

UreshiiAkuma on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !FallOffTheWagon - 14/84
    It was a minor fall, but a fall none-the-less. I was a casualty of the Steam sale on the final day - ended up picking up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $2. I couldn't get past rationalizing that, even if I barely played it, it was only $2, so it is not like it really hit my wallet any ...

Those ruined it for many people. I spent like $30 and ended up with 6 new games. The D2D sales were also present, but less obvious.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guess I'll post in this new one the full list:

Progress: 13/28 – 46.4%

Completed:

PS3:

Assassin's Creed
    Valkyria Chronicles

360:

Blue Dragon
    Borderlands
    Dragon Age: Origins

Wii:

House of the Dead 1 & 2
    Final Fantasy 1 Beat
    Final Fantasy 4: The After
    Final Fantasy: My Life as a King

DS:

Henry Hatsworth
    Animal Crossing
    Kingdom Hearts DS
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Yet to complete:

PS2:
    FF 12

360:

Mass Effect
    Dead Space
    SF 4
    Spider-Man WoS
    SW Force Unleashed
    Bioshock
    Ghostbusters

N64:

Golden Eye
    DK 64
    Mario Kart
    Pilot Wings
    Zelda OoT
    Zelda Majoras Mask
    Shadows of the Empire

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 9/31. I beat Modern Warfare 2. It was... underwhelming. It's like they were trying too hard to be edgy and it just ended up being a mass of incoherent missions.

-Loki- on
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Reposting this and recalculated with Christmas damages

WII:

Little King's Story. Current: Barely started. Goal: Finish
    Muramasa. Current: Started. Goal: Finish on Shura
    Done!

360:

Halo 3: ODST. Current: Quarter of the way done. Goal: Finish on Heroic and do some firefight and stuff.
    Crackdown. Current: Two gangs down. Goal: Finish
    Assassin's Creed II. Goal: Finish

PS3:

Demon's Souls. Current: Finished 1-2. Goal: Complete game, dabble in NG+ until I am borderline suicidal from frustration
    Uncharted 2. Current: Halfway through Hard. Goal: Platinum
    InFamous. Current: Untouched, I've played some at a friend's house. Goal: Good and evil runthroughs.
    LittleBigPlanet. Current: Almost finished with singleplayer. Goal: Finish and make at least one level.

Handhelds:

FFTA2. Current: halfway through. Goal: Finish
    Chrono Trigger. Current: Can't recall, I think I just recruited the mage dude. Goal: Finish.
    Final Fantasy Tactics. Current: Also can't recall, I think I just reunited with my best friend. Goal: Finish.

PC:
    Crysis Warhead. Current: Rescued the pilot. Goal: finish
    The Witcher. Current: I'm in Vizima. Goal: Finish
    Borderlands. Current: Just got to the main city. Goal: Finish and collect much loots
    Riddick Dark Athena. Current: Just started Butcher Bay. Goal: Finish both games
    Dragon Age: Origins. Current: Just saved Arl of Redcliffe. Goal: Finish
    Mass Effect. Current: Just left Citadel. Goal: Finish in time for Mass Effect 2
    Monkey Island Special Edition. Current: Halfway done. Goal: Finish
    Stalker. Current: Just started. Goal: Get some halfway decent mods and finish that bitch
    Time Gentlemen, Please! pack. Current: Untouched. Goal: finish both
    Zeno Clash. Current: In that one guy's house and looking for the password. Goal: Finish
    Left 4 Dead 2. Current: Shooting zombies. Goal: Shoot more zombies as relief from other games
    Plants versus Zombies. Goal: Finish
    Portal. Current: Halfway through. Goal: finish
    Splinter Cell: Chaos theory. Current: Halfway through. Goal: finish
    Mirror's Edge. Current: Just started. Goal: finish
    Deus Ex. Current: Two levels in. Goal: finish

!UpdateStatus 6/28

AC2 recieved and promptly finished. Was really great.

Mass Effect is done, I loved every second of it and am eagerly anticipating the second.

InFamous good run is done, going to start up on evil soon.

Counting L4D2 as done since I'm gettinga bit tired with it

FFTA2 done. It was okay.

ODST is done. Loved that one too.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mass Effect 2?

That isn't out yet...is it?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Typo police all up ins

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Backloggery Link

For those of you who don't want to click a link, here's a spoiler (in alphabetical order!):

Unbeaten are listed first, beaten are listed at the bottom and in cyan. Red ones are the ones I'm playing. Games in green at the bottom are getting extra time.

Unbeaten - 112
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
    Alone In The Dark
    Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City

Big Bang Mini
    Blue Dragon
    Breath of Fire III
    Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars
    Bully: Scholarship Edition

Chrono Trigger
    Clock Tower 3
    Contact

Daxter
    Devil May Cry
    Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy
    Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
    Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
    Dragon Quest: The Journey of the Cursed King
    Drakengard 2
    Dynasty Warriors 5

Eledees
    Escape From Monkey Island
    Eternal Sonata

Fahrenheit
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Ghostbusters: The Video Game
    God Hand
    God of War
    God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Half-Minute Hero
    Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Infinite Space

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Jak II: Renegade
    Jak 3

Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts II
    Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    LocoRoco 2
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    Lost Odyssey

Magical Starsign
    Maken Shao: Demon Sword
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    The Mark of Kri
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Maximo
    Maximo vs. Army of Zin
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    Mystery Dungeon Shiren The Wanderer

Nier
    Nights: Journey of Dreams

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village
    Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly
    Psychonauts
    Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
    Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

Ratchet & Clank
    Ratchet & Clank 2
    Ratchet & Clank 3
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    Rayman Revolution
    Resonance of Fate
    Rogue Galaxy

Sam & Max: Season One
    Sega Mega Drive Collection
    -Comix Zone
    -Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    Shadow Hearts: From The New World
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
    Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
    Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
    Silent Hill: Origins
    Sly Cooper
    Sly 2: Band of Thieves
    Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves
    Soul Nomad & the World Eaters
    Star Ocean: Second Evolution
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Suikoden IV
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario 64 DS

Tales of Eternia
    Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    Tales of Vesperia
    Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
    Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
    Vexx

Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse

Yakuza 2
    Yakuza 3
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 4

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Beaten Games = 26

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dragon Quest: The Chapters of the Chosen
    Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride
    Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
    Final Fantasy (PSP)
    Final Fantasy III (DS)
    Final Fantasy IV (DS)
    Final Fantasy V Advance
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy XII
    LocoRoco
    Mario Kart DS
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
    Pokémon Diamond
    Pokémon Pearl
    Pokémon Platinum
    Pokémon SoulSilver
    Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Star Ocean: First Departure
    The World Ends With You
    Yakuza
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 3

Extra Time:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - go for completion (beat Margaret, 100% compendium, do all quests, etc)
    Final Fantasy V - Complete (max all jobs on everyone, etc)
    Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies -complete all quests
    Dragon Quest: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride - finish second playthrough
    Star Ocean: First Departure - finish second playthrough

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The desire to acquire more games for the new Wii is getting stronger. I have been so good about not getting anything. I must be strong while ME2 and SSF4 are released, also.

UUUuuugh

joshofalltrades on
  • BrutemanBruteman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Signup

Well - here's a decade's worth of games I bought that I never got around to finishing on the PC, Xbox 360, DS, Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube. I'm sparing you my Dreamcast and PS1 backlogs. Things got really bad in the area of PC games once I started buying from Steam, GOG and Impulse last year.

My main New Year's resolution this year is to save money so that my wife and I can put more money into fixing up our house, getting new furniture, etc., hence this list. A lot of these games I played for a few hours and then never touched them again. A few of them I played for hours, sometimes upwards of a month, but never finished (mainly sandbox stuff like GTA and Oblivion - you get the idea). And yes, there are a few here that got an hour's play and never darkened my monitor/TV screen again.

All goals here are assumed to be simply "finish the game once" unless otherwise stated. For games that have multiple modes of play, we'll just assume it means I'm going to beat whatever the standard mode is unless otherwise specified.

I don't expect to finish everything here. This is simply a way of laying everything out so I know what I have - just need to go the whole year without buying a new game.

I plan on posting updates on my progress once a week. Join me in my madness!

TOTAL GAMES - 0/135
    PC - 0/79 games

Advent Rising
    Alien Shooter: Vengeance
    Arx Fatalis
    Borderlands
    Braid
    Capitalism 2
    Crysis
    Crysis Warhead
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Darkstar One
    Darwinia
    Defense Grid: The Awakening
    Divine Divinity
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Drakensang: The Dark Eye
    Evil Genius
    Fallout 3 GOTY Edition - finish main quest and DLCs
    Far Cry 2
    Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
    Fort Zombie (already beaten, but want to play with the new patch)
    Freedom Force
    Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
    Galactic Civilizations 2
    Ghost Master
    Ghostbusters
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2
    Hard Truck: Apocalypse
    Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete
    Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
    Jade Empire
    King's Bounty
    King's Bounty: Armored Princess
    Larva Mortis
    Lugaru
    Majesty Gold - finish original game and expansion
    Mass Effect
    Messiah
    Might & Magic VI
    Might & Magic IV-V (Xeen, we'll count as one game)
    Mirror's Edge
    Mr. Robot
    Oblivion/Shivering Isles - finish main quest in each
    Osmos
    Peggle Deluxe
    Peggle Nights
    Penumbra: Overture
    Penumbra: Black Plague
    Penumbra: Requiem
    Plants vs. Zombies - finish all modes. Main story already completed.
    Prince of Persia (2008)
    Psi-Ops
    QuantZ
    Risen
    STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl
    Sacred 2 - finish once
    Sacred Gold - finish once
    Sacrifice
    Second Sight
    Shadowgrounds
    Shadowgrounds Survivor
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV/BTS
    Space Rangers 2 Complete
    STALKER: Clear Sky
    Star Wars: Republic Commado
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    The Guild Gold
    The Witcher Enhanced Edition
    Titan Quest/Immortal Throne
    Torchlight - finish once with either Alchemist or Destroyer (already did Vanquisher last fall)
    Trine
    Tropico
    Tropico 2
    Zeno Clash
    Zombie Shooter
    Two Worlds - Epic Edition
    Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
    X3: Reunion

XBOX 360 0/10 GAMES

Assassin's Creed 2
    Brutal Legend
    Dead Space
    Fable 2
    Gears of War
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Lost Planet
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Overlord
    Turok

NINTENDO DS 0/5 GAMES

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
    Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
    Puzzle Quest
    Rune Factory 2

XBOX 0/17 GAMES

Armed and Dangerous
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
    Evil Dead: A Fist Full of Boomstick
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
    Mercenaries
    Spider-Man 2
    Peter Jackson's King Kong
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Silent Hill 4: The Room
    Steel Battalion
    Tron 2.0
    True Crime: Streets of LA

PLAYSTATION 2 0/19 GAMES

Champions of Norrath
    Devil May Cry
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
    Dynasty Warriors 3
    God Hand
    God of War
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Kessen II
    Persona 3: FES
    Ring of Red
    Rise to Honor
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Silent Hill 3
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    The Thing

GAMECUBE 0/5 GAMES

Eternal Darkness
    Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    Metroid Prime
    Resident Evil 4
    Tales of Symphonia

Bruteman on
    edited January 2010
    I'll man up right now. I'm buying Darksiders tonight (I am trading in some old games I never play, but unfortunately aren't on my backlog (Warhawk, SC4 and GT5 Prologue)). Mainly getting it now because the store I'm going to has a War figure with it, and it should look neat sitting next to my Batarang and Ezio.

-Loki- on