As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great [Backlog] Challenge: Insert Disc 2 to Continue...

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 2/16

I finished Okami this evening. What a wonderful game. I'm glad I started it up again.

I'm going to buy Phoenix Wright on WiiWare however I don't count that as falling off the wagon. I've already beaten Phoenix Wright (several times) on the DS so it won't go on my backlog.

Taya on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I made it marginally farther in Castlevania. Go me!

YamiNoSenshi on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Finished the story in LEGO Indiana Jones 2. Next up is creator level achievements and playing all the levels again in quickplay because some yahoo thought that'd make a good achievement.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !FallOffTheWagon with Darksiders and Bayonetta bumping my list up to 35 games.

But also !UpdateStatus 2/35. Finally finished Dragon Age and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.

Updated List:
    PC - 2/11

Titan Quest (Immortal Throne)

X3 (Doubt I will ever truly "finish" this but gonna stick it on anyways)
    Abe's Oddysee
    Abe's Exodus
    Torchlight
    Stalker (LURK)
    Saint's Row 2
    Dawn of War 2
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Prey
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Xbox 360 - 0/24

Tales of Vesperia
    Gears of War 2 (Insane)
    Eternal Sonata
    Beautiful Katamari
    Spiderman: Friend or Foe
    Too Human
    Fable 2
    Bully
    GTA 4 (+ DLC)
    Blue Dragon
    Conan
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    The Last Remnant
    Burnout Revenge
    Burnout Paradise
    Crackdown
    Dead Rising
    Spiderman: Web of Shadows
    WET
    Lost Odyssey (Got to the final disc and never finished)
    Magna Carta 2
    Bayonetta
    Darksiders

Total - 2/35

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Updated list for new thread:

Beaten: Defined as the completion of the main story, quest, or gameplay mode. Completing 100% in achievements/trophies (if available) is not required for a game to be considered "beaten." Completion of side missions (if available) is not required for a game to be considered "beaten." In the case of sports, racing, fighting, puzzle, MMORPG, or other such non-linear or non-story based games, the status of "beaten" will be conferred upon degree of personal satisfaction of game's requirements and/or the unlocking of bonus items/costumes/tracks/rewards.

Backlog List of Doom

Progress: 17/30

1. Assassin's Creed (X360) - Beaten!
    2. Assassin's Creed 2 (X360) - Beaten!
    3. James Cameron's Avatar (X360) - Beaten!
    4. Rise of the Argonauts (PS3) - Beaten!
    5. Ace Combat 6 (X360)
    6. Call of Duty: World at War (X360)
    7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (X360) - Beaten!
    8. Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) - Beaten!
    9. Gears of War 2 (X360)
    10. Borderlands (PS3) - Beaten!
    11. Splinter Cell: Double Agent (X360)
    12. God of War 2 (PS2) - Beaten!
    13. Ninja Blade - Beaten!
    14. Army of Two: The 40th Day - Beaten!
    15. The Saboteur (X360) - Beaten!
    16. Dante's Inferno (X360) - Beaten!
    17. Mass Effect 2 (X360) - Beaten!
    18. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) - Beaten!
    19. Bioshock 2 (X360)
    20. Battlefield: Bad Company (X360)
    21. Blue Dragon (X360)
    22. Blazing Angels (X360)
    23. Lost Planet (X360) - Beaten!
    24. Lost Odyssey (X360)
    25. Condemned (X360)
    26. Condemned 2 (X360)
    27. Enchanted Arms (X360) - Beaten!
    28. Dead Space (X360)
    29. Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
    30. Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) - Beaten!

liquidlogan on
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Chugging my way through Assassin's Creed 2. Can't wait to see how it ends!

Well, you certainly won't see it coming

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 3/20

I've done the tour in Rock Band 2 so I'm labelling it beaten. I suspect I'll be playing it for some time to come though. Also I 100%'d NSMBWii this afternoon. Fantastic game.

Cullen on
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 3/23

Just finished Alien Shooter 2. It was a really fun game that was way better than the first in every way imaginable. I really liked this one. The weapon upgrade system was pretty satisfying to use, and the leveling made killing millions of aliens seem a little more pointful. I really recommend it.

Next I'm going on to Audiosurf. Any recommendations for how to call it "complete"? I'm thinking of making it a little ambiguous like, "explore the game", meaning I try out each racer for a song or two so I have a good idea what all the content is. I doubt I'm good enough to get many achievements :)

Dagrabbit on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dagrabbit wrote: »
    !UpdateStatus 3/23
    Next I'm going on to Audiosurf. Any recommendations for how to call it "complete"? I'm thinking of making it a little ambiguous like, "explore the game", meaning I try out each racer for a song or two so I have a good idea what all the content is. I doubt I'm good enough to get many achievements :)

That's a pretty difficult one and I'd be hesitant to put it on the backlog if you're not familar with the game. I've had it a few months post-launch and I still play it at least once or twice a week. I find it's something to play when you're not playing games, if that makes sense.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's kind of like putting Solitaire on your backlog

I beat NSMB Wii

!Update 11/32

joshofalltrades on
    edited January 2010
    I figured I'd play enough to get a sense of what all the options and gametypes were so I could pick it up later whenever I felt like it for some casual fun. I've only done the gray block mode previously in the demo.

Dagrabbit on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Im slowly working through my backlog and now I'm back in school.

Good thing to I don't have any monies left.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 4/60

Alright, I'm due for an update as it's been a while. And I am reposting my list from the old thread just so I have it for reference in this one. Beat Marvel: Ultimate Alliance today and have just a few more missions left on CoD - World at War. Should have that one beat tomorrow night. I also added some games I had forgotten.

8/24

Halo 3:ODST - FINISHED!
    Dead Space
    Halo Wars - FINISHED!
    Fallout 3
    NCAA Football 2009 - FINISHED!
    Oblivion + Shivering Isles
    Grand Theft Auto 4
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - FINISHED!
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    Guitar Hero 3
    Guitar Hero: World Tour
    Rock Band 2
    Gears of War 2 - FINISHED!
    Call of Duty 3
    Call of Duty: World at War - FINISHED!
    Mass Effect
    FEAR - FINISHED!!
    Far Cry 2
    Fable II
    Assassin's Creed II - FINISHED!
    Bioshock II -FINISHED!
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Left For Dead 2

Nintendo Wii

2/7

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Metroid Prime 3 - FINISHED!
    Punch-Out!! - FINISHED!
    Super Smash Brothers Wii
    Battalion Wars
    Super Mario Galaxy
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Nintendo Gamecube

0/2

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    Super Mario Sunshine

Nintendo DS

2/8

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimiore of the Rift
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village - FINISHED!
    Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
    Contra 4
    Final Fantasy 3
    Trauma Center 2: Under the Knife
    New Super Mario Bros. DS - FINISHED!

XBox

1/2

Knights of the Old Republic - FINISHED!
    Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

PS2

0/7

Lunar: Eternal Blue
    Final Fantasy 2 (PS1 version)
    Final Fantasy 5
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Final Fantasy XII
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    MLB '08 - The Show (still have a few different career modes I'd like to go through)

SNES

0/12

Dragon Quest 1
    Dragon Quest 2
    Dragon Quest 3
    Dragon Quest 4
    Dragon Quest 5
    Dragon Quest 6
    Romancing SaGa 1
    Romancing SaGa 2
    Romancing SaGa 3
    Bahamut Lagoon
    Lufia
    Lufia 2: Fortress of Doom

PC

0/9

Fallout 1
    Fallout 2
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert II
    Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn
    Rise of Nations
    Star Wars: Empire at War
    Civilization 3
    Some Splinter Cell pack

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 7/158

2 games knocked off this weekend! Dark Sector and the craptastic Terminator Salvation are no longer in my backlog. Dark Sector was actually pretty good, Terminator Salvation was horrible but I was playing it co-op with a friend over drinks so it wasn't that bad.

!FallOffTheWagon 7/159

Earlier this week I traded in some games and got Bayonetta for 360. I'm about to throw it in and see what all the hype is about.

I'm guessing I'll more than likely finish Ratchet and Clank: CiT this week. Not sure why I took a break from it, it's one of the best R&C games I've played.

KimFidler on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My PSP backlog progress is doomed. I'm currently reading a book to and from work, but when I finish it and get back into PSP gaming... Monster Hunter time! It's snugly sitting in the UMD slot, and I will beat Tigrex. And the rest of the elder hunts.

-Loki- on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm slowly working my way through Lost Planet. Another day or two and I should be able to cross it off my backlog.

SirUltimos on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Update Status 10/89

Finished off Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story. Great game, despite a couple of super obnoxious minigames. The animation of the sprites is sooo damn good, and the subtle voice acting brings a smile to my face every time. <3 fake italian gibberish.

-SPI- on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Update Status 1/12

Finished Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time last night. Jesus, that game just oozed presentation. And it looked fucking amazing on my new 52inch Samsung. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Now I have to figure out what I want to play next.

Killzone 2 or God of War I? Uncharted 2 is being saved till my Girlfriend can at least watch the beginning with me, (She loved watching the 1st).

DrunkMc on
  • BrutemanBruteman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Dagrabbit wrote: »
    !UpdateStatus 3/23

That's a pretty difficult one and I'd be hesitant to put it on the backlog if you're not familar with the game. I've had it a few months post-launch and I still play it at least once or twice a week. I find it's something to play when you're not playing games, if that makes sense.

This is the truth. I'm trying to work through the first couple games on my backlog, and when I can't devote a good 45-60 minutes to one of the games on my list, I fire up Audiosurf. And end up playing it for 45-60 minutes, damn it! Need to play backlog games!

Bruteman on
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There are a lot of games that I simply don't count as backlog games. I've never finished Mighty Flip Champs, Pictobits, Orbient and ton others but they are puzzle games. They are made to pick up and play whenever, not finish and move on. In my opinion puzzle games, fighting games, racing games, rhythm games, sports games, multiplayer games, and sandbox games simply don't count.

Maybe that's why my backlog is only 16. Most games don't even count. 8-)

I have MySims Kingdom on my list but honestly I don't think it counts.

Taya on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mercs 2 may be coming off my list in a day or two. There's a problem where the EA servers don't respond to give you the license agreement, so I can't play. The only way to do anything is play single player with your internet disabled, but I bought it to play multiplayer with my friend.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dead Space should be done tonight, and with any luck DK64 tomorrow or Wednesday. Then I got a sweet 4 day weekend to plow through some other stuff. I think classic title will be Zelda, and modern will be Spiderman Web of Shadows. Wish I had some handheld games left I could kill while watching tv too though.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I suppose this counts as a !Update - 10/63
    I bought Crayon Physics Deluxe for a penny with some random PayPal money.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mercs 2 may be coming off my list in a day or two. There's a problem where the EA servers don't respond to give you the license agreement, so I can't play. The only way to do anything is play single player with your internet disabled, but I bought it to play multiplayer with my friend.

Count yourself lucky.

Big Classy on
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    jclast wrote: »
    I suppose this counts as a !Update - 10/63
    I bought Crayon Physics Deluxe for a penny with some random PayPal money.

A penny? Christ, I would have given the guy $2.50 at least.

guar on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey liquidlogan, how did you like Rise of the Argonauts? I recently took that off my backlog list and loved every minute of it. I hope they'll make a sequel, but that's probably never going to happen.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay, who decided that having so much button mashing in Wolverine was fun?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited January 2010
    Booyah! Kicked Castlevania's ass last night, up to the boss on Stage Five now :) It seems kind of unfair that your only real attack is a forward whip (can't aim at angles) while the boss zooms in the air around the stage throwing spinny sickles at you that travel in all directions.

The stage itself is pretty easy though, and I had the boss just below half-health in my best match-up so far, so I can see myself nailing him tonight :)

edit: Looking through the FAQ of the game though, I've missed a lot of content, so it may be worth a second play through

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus

I traded in a few games today that I had no interest in playing so I've taken them off of my backlog. Managed to get pre-orders in for White Knight Chronicles and Heavy Rain with them.

KimFidler on
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 5/60

Call of Duty: World at War is done. For some reason, I could never get the "Down 45 Japanese Zeroes" or "Kill 10 Japanese Soldiers with Airstrike" achievements. I tried a bunch of times and couldn't nail 'em, so I said fuck it and moved on.

Now it's on to KOTOR. Pretty sure I have the most fun three games ever going right now.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Idx86 wrote: »
    !UpdateStatus 5/60

Call of Duty: World at War is done. For some reason, I could never get the "Down 45 Japanese Zeroes" or "Kill 10 Japanese Soldiers with Airstrike" achievements. I tried a bunch of times and couldn't nail 'em, so I said fuck it and moved on.

Wasn't the end so disappointing? I finished it and just thought that's it?.

-Loki- on
    edited January 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    !UpdateStatus 5/60

Wasn't the end so disappointing? I finished it and just thought that's it?.

I don't know, I kinda liked it. The action was lacking, but I was captivated by how awesome everything looked. The Reichstag was cool as shit. Plus, I'm a big history buff and just thinking about that whole era and what it must have been like to live through it distracted me a bit.

My favorite part of that game was raiding Shurijo Castle. When I lived in Japan I went down to Okinawa for a weekend and that was one of the places I saw. It's been completely rebuilt and looks really cool. It was built on the ruins of the old castle (cause it was bombed to shit.) They have some spots where the floor is plexiglass so you can see some of the old structure.

Oh, and fuck me KotOR doesn't do widescreen it looks like. Damn these old XBox games. Oh well, I will still love you, Old Republic.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

edited January 2010
    Yeah, but it's like, you plant the flag... mission over. Credits roll.

edit - !Updatestatus 9/30 I'm not going to do Burnout. I just remembered I already have the Burnout license, I was doing this for the trophies. Unless something really compels me to pick the game back up, it's done. I'll play every now and then to get the Burnout license again with trophies, but I'm not pouring time into it. I'll just take it off instead of lime it though, it shouldn't have been there.

-Loki- on
    edited January 2010
    I guess. With the cool music playing in the background though, I was half expecting this when I got to the roof:
    hitler_wolfenstein.jpg

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

edited January 2010
    Yeah, but it's like, you plant the flag... mission over. Credits roll.

edit - !Updatestatus 9/30 I'm not going to do Burnout. I just remembered I already have the Burnout license, I was doing this for the trophies. Unless something really compels me to pick the game back up, it's done. I'll play every now and then to get the Burnout license again with trophies, but I'm not pouring time into it. I'll just take it off instead of lime it though, it shouldn't have been there.

The trophies are an absolute cake-walk and you should pretty easily nab a Platnium if you play from the start again.

As you can see in my trophy list, I haven't bothered to do this either :P Goddamn it was a fun game though.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    It was an awesome game. When trophies didn't end up being retroactive, I felt confident that I would replay it all, so I deleted my old save and started again. I think I got 2 or 3 licenses in and gave up. Criterion, Paradise 2? Please?

edit - getting the trophies was made awesome by the fact that I was using the DeLorean for most of it, and that DLC car that could change it's boost type. I love those cars.

-Loki- on
    edited January 2010
    Piston HONDO? What the hell? Don't tell me Nintendo got in trouble for using the most generic Japanese last name of all time.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

edited January 2010
    It was an awesome game. When trophies didn't end up being retroactive, I felt confident that I would replay it all, so I deleted my old save and started again. I think I got 2 or 3 licenses in and gave up. Criterion, Paradise 2? Please?

edit - getting the trophies was made awesome by the fact that I was using the DeLorean for most of it, and that DLC car that could change it's boost type. I love those cars.

Criterion are busy making a new NFS. Don't bother looking at the news "leaked" today though, as it's already been outed as fake.

Can you believe that, though? Going from the makers of GT2 to the makers of BOOOOM-CRAAAASH-KABLAMO HIGHSCOREEEEE! I'm not saying it was a bad decision, just going from reboot to reboot. Shift was my favourite racer serious last year, even if I didn't put all that much time into it.

edit: While I'm thinking about a future Paradise sequel, I'd like to see some inspiration from Wipeout. Paradise meets Pacific Rift meets Wipeout HD? That'd be just about the PERFECT arcade racer.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    I'll be pretty much done with racers once GT5 is out anyway, so I'm not craving a Paradise 2 that much. GT5 will feed the hunger quite well for quite a long time.

-Loki- on
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 4/23

Tried all the characters in Audiosurf. I think I can't handle too many colors and gravitate towards the Ninja modes, although Pusher is pretty fun too. I'll probably spend most of my time on Ninja Mono Pro with Hardcore on (having shoulders seems like cheating). Very fun game.

Not sure what I'll play next. I'm thinking either Monkey Island, Fate of Atlantis, or Crysis Warhead.

Dagrabbit on