As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great [Backlog] Challenge: Insert Disc 2 to Continue...

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    guar wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    I suppose this counts as a !Update - 10/63
    I bought Crayon Physics Deluxe for a penny with some random PayPal money.

A penny? Christ, I would have given the guy $2.50 at least.

I probably would have paid $2.50 if that was the minimum, but if they're willing to sell it for a penny then that's what I'll pay.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I probably would have paid $2.50 if that was the minimum, but if they're willing to sell it for a penny then that's what I'll pay.

How does PayPal work? Is it like a credit card where they charge a minimum per transaction? I wonder if he loses money if people don't pay some minimum amount. I'm not getting it since I don't really enjoy puzzle games, but I was wondering about the mechanics of a sale like this.

Dagrabbit on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    iUpdate 53.6% complete

Beat Dead Space. My pants need to be changed from having to continually alternate between shitting myself in fear and blowing my load in awesome.

15/28 *completed entries removed for space*

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's like, you plant the flag... mission over. Credits roll.
    Is it the same dissapointing end feeling that Modern Warfare 2 got? I mean, the least they could've done was
    show them going into the helicopter and flying off.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !FallOffTheWagon, 3/20

I saw Lego Rock Band for cheap on Amazon and decided to get it, mainly for the song export. However to compensate I've removed Transformers for the 360. Its a terrible game I was mainly playing for the achievements but I can't face playing it anymore.

Cullen on
  • Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 2/48 - Dragon Age : Origins beaten!

First playthrough only. I'm definately doing the other backstories and at least 2 more playthroughs, but for now it's one more down! I'm glad too, because I needed it done before I fall off the wagon and get Mass Effect 2, which is a guarantee.

I think I'm going to work on something else less involved next. Any suggestions? (Backlog linked in sig)

Nick Soapdish on
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Did you like the game?

solsovly on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    solsovly wrote: »

Did you like the game?

It's okay - makes me wish I still had the Wacom tablet I used in college though. Also, I wish it explained why after completing the first island I only have half of its stars.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    jack eddy wrote: »
    *completed entries removed for space*

Man, I leave them there so I feel like I've accomplished something.

joshofalltrades on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ok. I just recently started playing my games pretty regularly again, but I fear falling off and not being able to actually finish some of these great games, I'm going to submit myself to this thread and fall victim to the [strike]possible[/strike] definite insanity that will ensue.

I can't remember off the top of my head all games I have to go through since I'm at work, but I will list the ones that I have been meaning to finish for a while.

PS3:
    • Fallout 3
    • Oblivion
    • Assassin's Creed (Finished a few years ago, but finish again before I play 2)
    • inFAMOUS
    • GTA 4
    • God of War Collection (Finshed on PS2, but I want to get as many trophies as I can)
    • Assassin's Creed 2
    • Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 1
    • Penny Arcade Adventures Episode 2

PS1
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy VI
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Parasite Eve
    • Brave Fencer Musashi
    • Oddworld Abe's Odyssey
    • Oddworld Abe's Exodus

Decided to add my PS1 games that just sit on my shelves that I have kept intending to go back to them. They're not on my backlog, but these are games that will sit here reminding me that I should play them.

Games I plan to purchase once I finish these:
    • Dragon Age Origins
    • Borderlands
    • Uncharted 1
    • Uncharted 2
    • Starcraft 2
    • Diablo 3
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Demon's Souls
    • God of War 3
    • Heavy Rain
    • Valkyria Chronicles

I think that takes care of future purchases for a while.

Key

Working on
    Put on hold
    Finished

3/10/10 update: Added Penny Arcade games.

PC games removed because my laptop just isn't running them well enough to make playing bearable and I am borrowing Assassin's Creed 2.

1/7

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Ok, so I started thinking about it and what should I start off as speccing for Fallout 3? What's useful, what's not? What side missions should I pursue (I have the GOTY edition) and which should I ignore?

I just need a starting base for character build and then a rough guide of what to do afterward. I don't want to get side tracked like I always do in sandbox games. I don't want 100% completion in any game, unless I otherwise specify. That takes too long.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Ok, so I started thinking about it and what should I start off as speccing for Fallout 3? What's useful, what's not? What side missions should I pursue (I have the GOTY edition) and which should I ignore?

I just need a starting base for character build and then a rough guide of what to do afterward. I don't want to get side tracked like I always do in sandbox games. I don't want 100% completion in any game, unless I otherwise specify. That takes too long.

Honestly dude, don't rush through Fallout 3. The best thing about that game is getting side tracked, wandering around and finding some shit to do. Spec how u like, I was a fan of machine guns, so I went for that perk. It's not a hard game per se, it's just fun!

Lock Picking was huge though, and hacking. So I'd pick atleast one of those to go nuts on.

DrunkMc on
    edited January 2010
    No. No. NO! That's terrible advice. That's why I never finish the GTA games, or Oblivion (I swear to all that is good and holy I will finish Oblivion). I get side tracked and then lose interest in the main line and never finish because I just try to do too much.

But yeah, I figured locking picking was a good one to go for. I may try hacking as well.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh god, Wolverine is so repetitive. What good is a cool boss if you make me fight him 5 times?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    After reading this thread some time ago I tried my hand at this before I decided if I had the discipline to go through with it. I have a minor hoarding streak and far too often pick up old games on the cheap when they hit bargin bin or decent used prices. To make it less daunting I left out all my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Gamecube, GBA, Xbox and any PC games over 2 years old. That eliminated many many not finished (or even not played) games.

But I was still left with over 40 games on my list. So I sold some and gave some away to friends and family (games I couldn't see myself actually finishing anyway). Finally widdled it down to 33 games between 360, Wii, PS3, PC and NDS.

I have to be strong as the list of amazing games I've not purchased (but badly want to) is heartbreaking.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Super Paper Mario
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    Infamous
    Prototype
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Assasin's Creed 2
    Bioshock 2
    Dragon Age
    Fallout 3
    Darksiders

Since I have such a bad habit of collecting games I never finish or sometimes even play I am going for 100% of my currently identified backlog before more purchases are made. Lets see how it goes.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm trying to decide if I should move NSMB Wii off the backlog now that I've gone through all the levels (except the world 9 ones). On one hand, I still have to get all the star coins, and I do foresee playing it more off and on to work towards this goal slowly. On the other hand, it doesn't give me that back-of-my-mind-bothering-me incomplete feeling anymore that other games on my backlog still give me ...

UreshiiAkuma on
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm trying to decide if I should move NSMB Wii off the backlog now that I've gone through all the levels (except the world 9 ones). On one hand, I still have to get all the star coins, and I do foresee playing it more off and on to work towards this goal slowly. On the other hand, it doesn't give me that back-of-my-mind-bothering-me incomplete feeling anymore that other games on my backlog still give me ...

Anytime I beat the last boss or last normal level I consider it Beaten. Makes me feel better. Areas that are unlocked after this last boss/level are things I almost never care for anyway. And the collect every mcguffin is something I have never done ever. Not a completionist in that sense.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • ChrisDudeChrisDude Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 6/94

So, I didn't want to post again until I actually made some progress, unfortunately it's one step forward two steps back thanks to my birthday happening. Prototype was finished, but I received Scribblenauts, Pure, and Borderlands.

Ah Prototype, I didn't like you nearly as much as I thought I would. The military just got too ridiculous and I couldn't stand being blown away from things every 2 seconds while trying to complete an objective. I never once felt as powerful as the game told me I was, and nothing really felt especially compelling in the story. It was an OK bit of fun, but I'm glad it's over.

I'm almost finished with Retro Game Challenge, I only have Haggle Man 3 left to beat. It too bad not many people bought it because it's an astounding amount of fun, nostalgic or not.

I've also been playing Modern Warfare 2 on and off. I'll consider that finished when I beat the story and go through the challenges until I feel like I've done as much as I want to do.

ChrisDude on
    Chris Pennell Is A Huge Nerd - My blog. I talk about nerd-ish things a lot.
  • symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I'll !Signup

I've been neglecting some games for far too long and feel guilty about it (Dead Space). OTOH I'm really apathetic about some of the titles (Kameo).

[strike]Finished[/strike]
    Currently Playing
    Maybe I'll get around to?
    Assassins Creed 2 (Won't play any 360 games until I start this. Unless it's Rock band. Or Beatles. Damn it.)
    Mass Effect
    Forza Motorsport 3 (Lvl 30ish)
    Halo 3: ODST
    Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Dead Rising
    NINJA GAIDEN 2
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Prince of Persia DLC
    Splinter Cell D.A. (I heard there were massive changes from the original version, not sure if I should go pick that one up. Otherwise I'm about 50%)
    Burnout Paradise (this game got Forza-ed, might not pick it up again, I have an A license)
    Kameo

PC
    [strike]Defense Grid: The Awakening[/strike]
    Guild Wars (50% of prophecies)
    Call of Duty MW2 Multiplayer (Current Time Block, probably play it until BC2)
    Indigo Prophecy (Second Act)
    Civ IV (Finished Tutorial)
    Torchlight (started, second part of first quest)
    Dead Space (50%, have to restart, lost my save when I uninstalled and bought Steam version)
    Serious Sam HD
    GTAIV (Waiting for a PC upgrade)
    Stalker + Clear Sky
    Dark Messiah M&M
    FarCry 2
    Lost Planet
    Max Payne 1
    Max Payne 2
    Medievil War Total War
    Monkey Island
    Oddworld
    Overlord 1+2
    Penumbra Collection
    Rome Total War
    Star Wars KOTOR
    Tomb Raider Anniversary+Underworld
    Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (50%)
    Zeno Clash
    Trials 2(Can't get past the hard stages)

symbolsor on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Heh, Guild Wars. I finished those campaigns like 4 times each.

-Loki- on
    edited January 2010
    Update on my challenge. I put Fallout 3 in, installed it, and have made my character.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !signup - may as well join in. Compared to everyone else I have a pitifully small games collection, but the worrying thing is most of them are years old and I still haven't completed them. And being a bum with no job I should really concentrate on them rather than buying new ones. But as I went out today and ordered the ME:2 CE that obviously isn't working. Currently playing, and beaten, to make me feel slightly better.
    PC

Baldur's Gate 1 (on the last battle, but stopped and haven't been back to it)
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Dead Space
    Dreamfall
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Half Life
    Half Life 2
    Half Life 2 ep 1
    Half Life 2 ep 2
    Morrowind
    Oblivion
    Portal (beaten the story but not done any of the extra challenges)
    Thief 3: Deadly Shadows

Assassin's Creed (played 20 mins, felt rage, haven't brought myself to try it again since)
    Bioshock (currently at a friend's house so unavailable)
    Call of Duty: World at War (unstarted, just got it today)
    Fallout 3
    Gears of War 2
    GTA IV
    Halo 3
    L4D and L4D2 (don't know if you can really 'complete' these but I have yet to survive all campaigns in either)
    Mass Effect (completed one playthrough, but working on 2 more)
    Mass Effect 2 (soon come)

My DS is off the list until I get round to replacing the charger a rabbit chewed through.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh god, Wolverine is so repetitive. What good is a cool boss if you make me fight him 5 times?

That's what got me with Wolverine as well. I eventually shelved it since I got bored. It started out great, but didn't do enough to mix things up as the game went on.

And on.

Dagrabbit on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dude, you can sign up and put games on you've already beaten. That be cheating.

-Loki- on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dagrabbit wrote: »

That's what got me with Wolverine as well. I eventually shelved it since I got bored. It started out great, but didn't do enough to mix things up as the game went on.

And on.

I didn't realize that the game would use flashbacks as a framing device (which barely works, seeing as you have abilities in the future/past that you didn't have in the past/future) so I've fought that stupid lava monster three times already! Not to mention all the stupid button mashing. And all the WENDIGOs. I'm beating the game for some trophies and to cross it off the backlog, then Goozex.

But seriously, 4 WENDIGOs at once was just stupid because it showcased the flaws of the game. Bad camera, bad targeting system, same enemy movement patterns.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 2/232

Two updates, really. First off, I added all the games I got for Christmas (including gift cards and what have you). This brings my total backlog up to 232 games (yikes!).

Second, I beat Lost Planet. I enjoyed the game overall, but the final boss was fucking retarded.

Still, glad to finally have another game beaten. That's Klonoa and Lost Planet so far.

SirUltimos on
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 4/26

Finished Batman:AA. Awesome game. In the last Backlog thread, I was an idiot and said that I wasn't impressed with the game, but once I got out of the first building and started exploring the whole island, it became as awesome as everyone said.

Now, on to something else to go with Demon's Souls. Should I play Borderlands or inFamous next?

Updated Backlog:
    Backlog - 4/26:

Completed:
    • Valkyria Chronicles
    • R&CF: A Crack in Time
    • Peggle
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum

In Progress:
    • Demon's Souls (Early on, finished 1-1, 2-1, and 3-1)
    • Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (about 11 hours in, starting to play at work during lunch and making progress)

PS3:
    • Borderlands (unopened, got as part of a Gamespot Buy 2 Get 1 Free in December)
    • inFamous (see above)
    • Red Faction: Guerrilla (see above)
    • Resistance 2 (see above)
    • Dead Space (unopened, bought as part of a Gamespot B2G1Free back in July)
    • Lego Indiana Jones (see above)
    • Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (see above)
    • Motorstorm (got for $5, have played about 2/3 of races)
    • The Simpsons Game (got for $5, unopened)

PSN:
    • Flower (haven't touched, bought on sale)
    • The Last Guy (haven't touched, bought on sale)
    • WipEout HD (about 3/4 of the way through the novice difficulty)
    • PixelJunk Eden (about 2/3 through, stalled out when I got to the level with the shifting gravity)
    • Trash Panic (played through on easy, got frustrated with normal and never went back)
    • Echochrome (beat all levels individually, beat courses A-E, stalled on course F)

Portable:
    • Crush (probably about half done, couldn't get a few orbs in a level and stopped)
    • Scribblenauts (played worlds 1 and 2, couldn't motivate myself to go any further)
    • LocoRoco (should really finish this, probably most of the way though, just couldn't find a hidden area and lost momentum)
    • Tocobot (barely started, would start over if I ever get to it)
    • Secret of Monkey Island - iPhone remake (maybe 20 minutes in)

Completed PS3 Games (oldest to most recent):
    • GTA4 (beat story pre-trophies, got everything but pigeons, would like to make a 100% trophy run but won't count on it)
    • Burnout Paradise (platinum'd, completed Big Surf Island, barely have any online challenges done but don't MP much)
    • R&CF: Tools of Destruction (100% done, including all skill points)
    • Uncharted 1 (platinum'd)
    • The Orange Box (beat HL2, Ep1, Ep2, and Portal... didn't touch TF2)
    • Madden 09 (played one season - Saints 19-0)
    • Prince of Persia (platinum'd, haven't bought the Epilogue, don't know if I will)
    • Bioshock (beat on normal, really want to play again on hard with vita-chambers off, don't have the DLC)
    • Assassin's Creed (completed, did everything but collecting all the damn flags)
    • Resistance 1 (beat on normal, doubt I'll go back for hard)
    • LittleBigPlanet (100% story mode, played most of the GoTY levels, haven't created a single level though)
    • Heavenly Sword (completed)
    • R&CF: Quest for Booty (beat twice on normal)
    • Rainbox Six Vegas (completed)
    • Uncharted 2 (beat on normal, level 18ish in MP, will absolutely platinum it, just need a month or two between runs)
    • Valkyria Chronicles (beat, haven't tried the DLC or the NewGame+)
    • R&CF: A Crack in Time (beat, got all collectibles and skill points, will make a challenge mode/hard mode run later on)
    • Peggle (finished both Adventure and Nights, but have a million challenges to do)
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum (beat on Normal, got all Riddler Challenges, haven't finished the Challenge Rooms yet)

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd probably go with inFamous.

The Death boss in Castlevania X can go die in a fucking fire you inconsistent bastard! When I hit you, sometimes you fly back, sometimes you don't. When you don't there isn't enough time to double-jump back to evade your counter attack.

And I got you down to ZERO health before you got that last strike in motherfucker, I WAS STARING AT IT AND IT WAS ZERO.

It's been quite some time since I've thrown my PSP down in anger :P I'm not feeling a God Hand level of frustration, I'm just a bit frustrated with this one particular boss for feeling a bit cheap. I can breeze through the whole stage without a single hit now I've played it so many times.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Dragon Age playthrough 2 is on hold - I want to make progress. Dawn of War 2, Darksiders and Batman AA are currently being played. I did 3 missions (I think) of DoW 2 tonight. It's really good, but missing something that makes me stop after a couple of missions.

-Loki- on
  • CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    !UpdateStatus 2/232

Two updates, really. First off, I added all the games I got for Christmas (including gift cards and what have you). This brings my total backlog up to 232 games (yikes!).

Second, I beat Lost Planet. I enjoyed the game overall, but the final boss was fucking retarded.

Still, glad to finally have another game beaten. That's Klonoa and Lost Planet so far.

232 games in your backlog? How do you sleep at night?

Cullen on
  • hyperpowerhyperpower Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cullen wrote: »
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    !UpdateStatus 2/232

232 games in your backlog? How do you sleep at night?

Probably well because he's not playing games..

I keed - I am part of this backlog challenge but have fallen off the wagon very heavily. Partly because of Steam sales, partly because of Bayonetta, partly because I need to cull my backlog because I hate whats there.

Will update soon.

hyperpower on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Update Status 11/89

I finished Dark Messiah today. Did it pretty much entirely in a single sitting.

That's a fun game, I'd say though, that the combat is let down by the level design. It oddly feels a lot like Hexen 2, not just the fantasy medieval setting either, in that there's a lot of parts with some arcane puzzle involving a magic item or series of magic items that is never really explained and you have to hunt them out in a somewhat annoying maze like level with lots of backtracking and no clear direction.

Also way too much emphasis on opening portucullis' (portculli?).

Also fuck spiders. Half the game seems to be fighting fucking spiders, which poison you. And the poison lasts like five fucking minutes. And there's not enough antidote to go around. And then you fight a giant fucking spider! Fuck spiders.

But on the upside kicking orcs off cliffs will never get old ever. EVER!

-SPI- on
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Which skill tree(s) did you focus on?

guar on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I bit the bullet and pre-ordered Mass Effect 2. Can not fucking wait!
    !FallOffTheWagon, 1/13

DONE
    IN PROGRESS
    I had a backlog before, and then I got a PS3 for X-mas and my whole family got me games. My backlog is monster:

!Signup
    PS3
    1. Ratchet and Clank: A crack in Time
    2. Uncharted 2
    3. God of War 1
    4. God of War 2
    5. God of War III (Pre-ordered for me for X-mas)
    6. Killzone 2
    7. Little Big Planet

XBOX 360
    1. Assassin's Creed II
    2. GTAIV: Ballad of Gay Tony

PC
    1. Mass Effect 2
    2. Mirror's Edge
    3. Torchlight
    4. Borderlands

And I'm going to say right now, I'm gonna be a consumer whore and buy Mass Effect 2 when it comes out. I can't help it. :( Expect to see that in red when it launches.

DrunkMc on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Which skill tree(s) did you focus on?

I mainly did archery stealth with a side of magic. If you have more mana regen and the heal spell the game straight up breaks. You will NEVER die. Also charm is great for the late game when the asshole vampire knights turn up. You can charm one to fight another, or just charm a single one and get auto 1 hit kill headshot at point blank range.

Other than that, hiding in a corner and distracting guards with shots. "Hmm what is that? I'll go stand under this rickety ledge with several heavy things on it" then shoot out the ledge and laugh. Or headshot guards, then have the other run over to investigate, then headshot them etc etc etc.

Also whenever there was a good cliff or pit. Kicking time.

-SPI- on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm in the middle of Playing With My New Phone. No achievements, story, or difficulty to speak of, but it's got infinite replayability. So my backlog is now backlogged.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus, 3/18

So... I fell off the wagon in a huge way this December. I got several games as presents and the Steam sale was just not fair. However, I would like to return to the fold and re-affirm my vows.

Completed:

Borderlands - Was great times with the friends in co-op. I can't imagine playing it solo.
    Modern Warfare 2 - Nothing new needs to be said. Special Ops are awesome.
    Pox Nora - Had a good run in the ranked ladder and have beaten the addiction.

Added -
    Modern Warfare 2 - All it took was that super-long commercial spot to sell this to me.
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Steam Sale - Bought for a friend and I as a present
    Titan Quest - Steam Sale - More co-op fodder.
    Army of Two 2 - Received as a present.
    Final Fantasy XIII - May as well put this up now so I don't have to fall off the wagon again later. :)

Removing:
    Ico - It is expensive to obtain and I probably won't.
    Aion - Realized that I shouldn't have to play something that isn't fun. Unsubscribed.
    FF Tactics - No reason to beat it again, once is enough.
    Battlefield Bad Company - I've lost any desire to play this.

Green - Completed
    Red - Added, woops.

PS3
    Demon Souls - Complete (Soo close.)
    Little Big Planet - Complete Story Mode, Build a level
    Resistance 2 - Complete
    Valkyria Chronicles - Complete
    BlazBlue - Simply play it a bit more.
    Modern Warefare 2 - Finished
    Army of Two 2 - Complete in Co-op
    Final Fantasy XIII - Do everything.

GTA4 - Complete, DLC
    Lost Odessey - Complete
    Fallout 3 - Complete

PC
    Borderlands - Co-op completetion with friends
    Pox Nora - Cut back to allow for other games.
    Titan Quest
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Complete in co-op.

PSP
    Disgaea - Complete

PS2
    FFXII - Complete
    Shadows of Colossus - Complete

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
    edited January 2010
    I really don't think the Steam sale should count as falling off the wagon. Some of those deals are just way too good to pass up. They got up to 80% off, if I remember correctly. It'd be stupid to not get them. I bought Mass Effect cause it was so cheap and my computer that I currently own can't even play it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hi, my name is Icemopper, and I need to clear my backlog.

!Signup

My backloggery can be found here.

I have 16 games to go, though I do want to re-do Infamous on the hero storyline at some point, and sometimes I'm a collect-a-holic so it might take some time.

And yeah, I'm not nearly as bad off as you guys, but a wife and a job make clearing this list quite difficult.

Icemopper on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Put your list up on this thread to. :^:

I understand about the family, it's why my list is getting shorter slower than everyone else.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!