As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Great [Backlog] Challenge: Insert Disc 2 to Continue...

• UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus - 15/84
    I am counting NSMB Wii as complete. I'll still play it on and off to get the rest of the coins, but feel satisfied moving it off the backlog.

Now I am trying to decide what games to focus on while my wife is away visiting her family in Japan for a couple weeks.
    I will definitely try to finish the Witcher, since I am close to the end. After that, though, I've narrowed it down to the following list:
    Dragon Age
    Heroes of Might and Magic V
    Fallout 3
    Bioshock
    A Boy and His Blob
    Marvel UA2
    Ghostbusters
    Batman: AA
    Metal Gear Solid 3

Any recommendations?

UreshiiAkuma on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bioshock and MGS3 are both pretty short games. Can knock each out in about 10 hours of gameplay. Fallout 3 definitely and probably Dragon Age will probably take 5 times this.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Good idea. Here are my games, with some explanation. I'm currently trying to only play one at a time, just to get it out of the way and so I can move on and keep clearing them out systematically.

Completely arbitrary colors follow:
    Currently Playing
    In Progress
    Never Played
    Previously Beaten

Uncharted 2 - Almost done, I might even finish it today.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Played a few minutes, found out it is awesome. Want to keep playing.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - I got pretty far into it before I had to re-install my OS, and I haven't gotten around to finishing it.

Far Cry - I played a bit of this, but I never quite got it optimized right, so it sits in my Steam games list waiting to be played.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - I keep getting pretty far then stopping. One day I'll beat it though.

Killzone 2 - Played a bit, but I've put it aside to try and clear out some other games first.

Little Big Planet - Played a bit, and I'm not sure if there is an "end" to the game, but I'll just play until it stops giving me levels to beat.

Pixeljunk: Shooter - I play this off and on, it is great to pick up and play, so it might take a while to play.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I've never finished it, but I'm on the moon, and I just can't bring myself to finish it... Don't know why.

Boom Blox - Pretty far into it, and not sure what "beat" will mean here, but like LBP, I'll play until they stop giving me levels to beat.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Played into world 5 at one point, but haven't gone back in a while, just putting it aside to clear the others out of the way first again.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Never played, yet another Steam sale.

Mass Effect - Never played, but another one of those Steam sales I couldn't resist.

Super Metroid - Never played (sad, I know) but I had some extra VC bucks so I nabbed it.

Beyond Good and Evil - Never played, but I got it on a Steam sale a while back.

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Repulblic - I've already played this on the old Xbox, but I loved it so a steam sale helped me get it again. I just want to play through it again, so thats why it is on the list.

inFamous - Beaten on the evil storyline, but I want to go back and do more.

Final Fantasy VII - Beaten as a wee lad, but I got it on the PSN and I'd like to play it again.

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Another one I've beaten before, but I love it so I want to play it again.

Icemopper on
  • UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Bioshock and MGS3 are both pretty short games. Can knock each out in about 10 hours of gameplay. Fallout 3 definitely and probably Dragon Age will probably take 5 times this.

Yea, after Witcher it'll probably be nice to focus on a non-RPG or two. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I am 25 - 50% through MGS3, so that should be easy enough to finish up.

UreshiiAkuma on
  • ChrisDudeChrisDude Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, I think after I finish Retro Game Challenge (hopefully today!), I'm going to do some of the easier/almost beaten games I've got on there like the Metal Slug Collection and Skate. I feel like I should get a bunch of these half finished games out of there so I can flush them out of my brain and make room for some new experiences.

ChrisDude on
    Chris Pennell Is A Huge Nerd - My blog. I talk about nerd-ish things a lot.
  • bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pookiepoo wrote: »
    Borderlands - Was great times with the friends in co-op. I can't imagine playing it solo.

Hmm... you're not the first person I've heard say this. None of my friends have Borderlands (or a PS3, for that matter), so when I do play it, I'll either be going it alone or with either randoms or any PAers available. This probably is more suited to the Borderlands thread, but can anyone here vouch for the game as strictly single player or co-op with internet buddies only?

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
    edited January 2010
    bficky wrote: »
    Borderlands - Was great times with the friends in co-op. I can't imagine playing it solo.

Hmm... you're not the first person I've heard say this. None of my friends have Borderlands (or a PS3, for that matter), so when I do play it, I'll either be going it alone or with either randoms or any PAers available. This probably is more suited to the Borderlands thread, but can anyone here vouch for the game as strictly single player or co-op with internet buddies only?

Never played Borderlands, but I never played the Diablo II single player game past Act 2. I started some characters to play when servers were down, but never actually got too far on them. The game was solely multi-player for me. Better experience, by far.

Borderlands looked the same to me, though, when I was looking at it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    guar wrote: »
    Which skill tree(s) did you focus on?

I mainly did archery stealth with a side of magic. If you have more mana regen and the heal spell the game straight up breaks. You will NEVER die. Also charm is great for the late game when the asshole vampire knights turn up. You can charm one to fight another, or just charm a single one and get auto 1 hit kill headshot at point blank range.

Other than that, hiding in a corner and distracting guards with shots. "Hmm what is that? I'll go stand under this rickety ledge with several heavy things on it" then shoot out the ledge and laugh. Or headshot guards, then have the other run over to investigate, then headshot them etc etc etc.

Also whenever there was a good cliff or pit. Kicking time.

Oh, I know. I've been through the game at least twice; the first time like you, emphasizing on stealth and ranged combat. The second time I focused entirely on magic and it was probably the more fun of the two. Full mana regeneration + Inferno and you have pretty much nothing to worry about. Also, that reflecting staff you get in an earlier chapter is pretty nice. Allows you to absorb a spell completely and shoot back a bolt of magic.

guar on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Borderlands was fun on PC by myself, but it loses a lot of its replay value without other people, despite the Diablo-esque random loot drops.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    bficky wrote: »

Some of my friends loved it enough to play it through solo on multiple characters. I would imagine that the emphasis on questing is much greater when solo, which could be fun for some people. I always liked the game as more of a find-cool-guns-and-shoot-baddies-with-them-constantly game, so shooting rakks poo off windmills and other errands were not where I found my enjoyment.

If you can stand questing at all, you're going to have to try really hard to avoid having fun solo in Borderlands. It just isn't for me. :)

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Amended for lack of Xbox 360. Only using the Wii titles now. Still keeping the 360 list as the games are there for when I do get a new console. Eventually. Just leaving it spoilered there at the bottom.

I have no idea what I should and shouldn't list as I rarely played the console. The Wii wasn't really my thing. I only ever completed Resident Evil 4 and played through Sports and Play. Shit, there's probably games around here I didn't know we had. I found Jenga this morning, who the fuck buys this crap?!
    360 25/55
    1. Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
    2. Afro Samurai - Most frustrating game completed so far.
    3. Aliens Vs Predator
    4. Assassin's Creed 2 - Done, still have feathers to collect.
    5. Bad Company 2 - Finished on Normal difficulty. No multiplayer.
    6. Bayonetta - Finished on normal difficulty.
    7. Bionic Commando
    8. Borderlands
    9. Brutal Legend
    10. Burnout Paradise
    11. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
    12. Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
    13. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    14. Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Dark Athena
    15. Conan -Last boss is muy cheapo
    16. Condemned 2
    17. Dante's Inferno
    18. Dark Sector
    19. DarkSiders - Played through on normal, well worth it.
    20. Dead Space - Played through on Normal WITHOUT sound, running through again with
    21. Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon
    22. Devil May Cry IV - Done with Nero and do not fancy going through with Dante all over again
    23. F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin
    24. Fable 2
    25. Fallout 3 - Completed main plot
    26. Gears of War 2
    27. Godfather 2
    28. GTA Episodes From Liberty City - Both complete!
    29. Halo O.D.S.T
    30. Iron Man
    31. Just Cause 2
    32. Mass Effect 2 - Done! Will replay for canon run closer to ME3
    33. Mercenaries 2 World in Flames
    34. Midnight Club L.A
    35. Naruto: Broken Bond
    36. Ninja Gaiden II
    37. Overlord 2
    38. Prince of Persia
    39. Prototype
    40. Pure
    41. Quantum of Solace
    42. Resident Evil 5
    43. Rise of the Argonauts
    44. Saints Row 2
    45. Soldier of Fortune: Payback
    46. Soul Calibur IV
    47. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
    48. Star Wars: Force Unleashed
    49. The Saboteur
    50. TimeShift
    51. Tomb Raider Legend
    52. Tomb Raider Underworld
    53. Tom CLancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
    54. Wet
    55. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Wii 3/34
    1. Metroid Trilogy
    2. Driver: Parallel Lines
    3. Scarface: The World is Yours
    4. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    5. Rabbids Go Home
    6. Modern Warfare Reflex
    7. Muramasa: Demon Blade
    8. Deadly Creatures
    9. A Boy and his Blob
    10. New Super Mario Bros
    11. Smash Bros Brawl
    12. Dead Space Extraction
    13. Ghost Squad
    14. House of the Dead: OverKill
    15. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    16. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - Completed but need to go through again as I lost my save.
    17. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    18. Super Mario Galaxy
    19. Super Paper Mario
    20. Little King Story
    21. Links Crossbow Training
    22. Okami
    23. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
    24. Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure
    25. Boom Blox Party Bash
    26. Endless Ocean 2 Blue World
    27. MadWorld
    28. Wii Play
    29. Wii Sports
    30. Tiger Woods Golf 2010
    31. Tenchu: Shadow Assassins
    32. The Godfather
    33. The Conduit
    34. De Blob

GRAND TOTAL COMPLETED: 28/89

Big Classy on
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You should get on Dark Sector. That was one of my favorite games of 2008.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Completed: 5/27

I have the Backlog in my sig, but I'll put a list up with goals here. Note that my goals are for me to consider a game "Completed" even by Backloggery standards. If it's listed as "Beaten", it means I've completed Story Mode but not yet the extra stuff that I want to have finished.

PC
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Complete Clear. Story Completion and All Combat, Predator, and Riddler Challenges.
    - [strike]Borderlands - Story Completion.[/strike] Completed on Nov. 05 2009
    - Burnout Paradise - Burnout Elite License, i.e. Complete All Events.
    - Deus Ex - Story Completion.
    - Fallout 3 - Story Completion. Will not be getting DLC.
    - Gears of War - Story Completion (via Single/Co-Op play).
    - Mass Effect - Story Completion.
    - [strike]Mirror's Edge - Story Completion.[/strike] Completed on Feb. 01 2010
    - Prototype - Story Completion.
    - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Story Completion.

PSP
    - [strike]Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Story Completion.[/strike] Completed on Jan. 19 2010
    - Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - Story Completion.
    - [strike]Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Complete all characters' Story Modes.[/strike] Completed on Jan. 25 2010
    - Final Fantasy VII - Story Completion.
    - [strike]God of War: Chains of Olympus - Story Completion.[/strike] Completed on Nov. 04 2009
    - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - Story Completion.
    - Patapon - Story Completion.
    - Riviera - Complete Clear. Story Completion and 100% Extras Unlocked.

DS
    Note: As my brother is currently in possession of my DS and all my games, my saves may or may not be intact. This will impact my willingness to complete stated goals. I expect to be in possession of my DS once again sometime during Christmas break. I will update this section then.
    - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Story Completion.
    - Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Story Completion.
    - Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Story Completion.
    - Elite Beat Agents - Beat Hard Modes.
    - Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - Story Completion.
    - Jump! Ultimate Stars - 100% Koma Unlocked.
    - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - Story Completion.
    - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations - Story Completion.
    - The World Ends with You - 100% Secrets Unlocked.

Senshi on
    edited January 2010

Hi5!
    I love it too, I'm pretty close to finishing it but I popped in Devil May Cry IV instead, I figured I'd keep the brawler-streak going from Darksiders. Besides, I kinda have to force myself to play DMC, I could never get into any of those games. With Dark Sector I could just pop it in and I'm having fun, DMC...... It's a 'mood' thing. Right now I'm not hating it so I guess it was a good call. I just wish I knew what I was doing . Motorbike handle on a sword?!

Big Classy on
  • ChrisDudeChrisDude Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 7/94

Finished up Retro Game Challenge, it's a damn shame that the second isn't going to come over too, it's a great concept that made for a great experience.

Despite my previous statement, I started up Brutal Legend because I have a crave for some close up combat and a light hearted adventure. Plus I can never have enough Jack Black.

ChrisDude on
    Chris Pennell Is A Huge Nerd - My blog. I talk about nerd-ish things a lot.
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »

Hi5!
    I love it too, I'm pretty close to finishing it but I popped in Devil May Cry IV instead, I figured I'd keep the brawler-streak going from Darksiders. Besides, I kinda have to force myself to play DMC, I could never get into any of those games. With Dark Sector I could just pop it in and I'm having fun, DMC...... It's a 'mood' thing. Right now I'm not hating it so I guess it was a good call. I just wish I knew what I was doing . Motorbike handle on a sword?!

I wanted Dark Sector so much. Then they went and gimped the Aussie version. Ugh.

-Loki- on
    edited January 2010
    How so? There wasn't much gore in the game as far as I recall (been a while since I played it tbh). I know the kills are brutal but I don't remember any beheadings or anything,,,,,,,, Atleast they didn't stand out more than usual. They probably were there given the weapon used and age rating but still, seems a bit weird.

Big Classy on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    How so? There wasn't much gore in the game as far as I recall (been a while since I played it tbh). I know the kills are brutal but I don't remember any beheadings or anything,,,,,,,, Atleast they didn't stand out more than usual. They probably were there given the weapon used and age rating but still, seems a bit weird.

They removed decapitations and severely reduced limb severing on human enemies.

-Loki- on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Eh, I'll get in on this.
    !signup
    0/28

360:
    Blazblue - Beat story mode for all characters
    EDF2017 - Beat Inferno difficulty
    Sonic unleashed - Finish the story
    Ninja Gaiden 2 - Beat it on mentor (beat acolyte but deleted save a long time ago)
    Rock band: The beatles - finish story mode

Wii
    Trauma center: New blood - beat story mode
    Super smash bros Brawl - get all normal and all-star mode trophies

PS3
    GTAIV - Beat the story
    Ridge Racer 7 - do all races (? all the GPs anyways)
    Disgaea 3 - Finish story

PC
    Diablo II - Beat story solo or mutiplayer (never got past act 3)
    C&C3: Red Alert - Do the campaigns
    Darwinia - finish story
    Killing floor - get any perk (probably demo) to level 6
    Elder Scrolls Oblivion - finish main quest
    Borderlands - Beat story
    DMC4 - Finish Legendary Dark Knight mode
    Dragon Age origins - Finish story
    Everyday shooter - Finish last level
    STALKER Clear Sky - beat story
    Torchlight - beat final boss
    CoD :MW2 - Get to level 70
    WOW - Get to level 80 Up to level 70
    Champions online - get to level 40

PSP
    Disgaea 2: Dark hero days - Beat Max level powered up Uber prinny Baal in LoC and unlock all job/monster ranks (Oh yes, I am serious about that)
    FF: crisis core - beat story
    Gitaroo man lives! - beat master mode
    Lumines - get to last skin

Did I do it right?

gunwarrior on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Realize I have not given an update in a while. I was busy with work so I have not played too many games, but I did not fall off the wagon! I have decided to use the cash to save up for a car and that is giving me extra motivation to not buy games.

Still playing Final Fantasy X and probably about halfway through it so hopefully I can beat it by the end of the week or maybe middle of next week.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • BrutemanBruteman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus

One week down and two games completed.

Zeno Clash - I'll be honest, I'm still not completely sold on the fighting system in this one (and what's with all the guns in my melee brawler game?!) but the art, music and general weirdness of the game - including the hit or miss voice work which somehow lent to the weirdness of the whole thing - made it interesting to play. Please say the sequel isn't coming out this year, because I want to see what happens next. I've pledged not to buy anything for the whole year! I'll eventually go back to play the challenge mode, I think.

Trine - This one was a stunner. When the game was first announced, I saw the words "platformer" and "puzzle" and tuned it out. I quit playing platform games somewhere around the end of the SNES/Genesis era, and puzzle games are real hit and miss with me. I picked the game up for dirt cheap through during the Steam holiday sale without having looked at any videos or looking at screenshots, just going on word of mouth. I loved it - gorgeous graphics and music, fun gameplay, "puzzles" that I enjoy (ie, more than one solution to get around an obstacle), great controls, just great all around. I would have paid full price for this one.

Other games played:

Braid - okay, here's another puzzle platformer that I picked up because it was a) dirt cheap and b) had great word of mouth. I'll be honest though, it's not my cup of tea. Great presentation (the music in particular), but these kinds of puzzle games just kill my brain. Thank god for YouTube walkthrough videos. I'd remove it from my list, but it's short and I'm about halfway through. Might return to it later.

Larva Mortis - picked this one up for free last spring. Typical frentic top-down shooter but nothing special. Good for 30 minutes of play and then I have to play something else. About 60 percent through.

Mr. Robot - another one bought during the Steam holiday sale, only played it for 20 minutes or so, not sure if I like it.

Defense Grid - yet another Steam holiday sale impulse buy. This is the first tower defense game I've ever played, and it's pretty cool. Will probably play some more of it this week, about six or seven stages in.

I've added 18 PC games (and one Xbox Live Arcade game) to the backlog - unlike most of what's listed below that I have from digital distribution, these were on CD/DVD, and I forgot to account for them in my signup last week since they were on a shelf up in my office. Again, keeping with the theme of my list, they were all bought in 2000 onward (some of the games themselves may predate 2000 though).

Again, my goal is not to beat all of these, but to simply stave off buying anything new this year.

TOTAL GAMES - 2/154

Updated list:
    PC - 2/97 games

Advent Rising
    ADDED! Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Alien Shooter: Vengeance
    ADDED! Aliens vs Predator 2
    ADDED! Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura
    Arx Fatalis
    Borderlands
    Braid
    Capitalism 2
    Crysis
    Crysis Warhead
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Darkstar One
    Darwinia
    Defense Grid: The Awakening
    Divine Divinity
    ADDED! Doom 3
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Drakensang: The Dark Eye
    ADDED! Dungeon Keeper 2
    Evil Genius
    Fallout 3 GOTY Edition - finish main quest and DLCs
    ADDED! Far Cry
    Far Cry 2
    Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
    Fort Zombie (already beaten, but want to play with the new patch)
    Freedom Force
    Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
    Galactic Civilizations 2
    ADDED! Gothic
    ADDED! Gothic 2
    Ghost Master
    Ghostbusters
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto
    Gratuitous Space Battles
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2
    Hard Truck: Apocalypse
    Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete
    Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
    Jade Empire
    ADDED! Jagged Alliance 2
    ADDED! Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
    King's Bounty
    King's Bounty: Armored Princess
    Larva Mortis
    Lugaru
    Majesty Gold - finish original game and expansion
    Mass Effect
    ADDED! Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
    Messiah
    Might & Magic VI
    Might & Magic IV-V (Xeen, we'll count as one game)
    Mirror's Edge
    Mr. Robot
    ADDED! Nosferatu
    Oblivion/Shivering Isles - finish main quest in each
    Osmos
    Peggle Deluxe
    Peggle Nights
    Penumbra: Overture
    Penumbra: Black Plague
    Penumbra: Requiem
    Plants vs. Zombies - finish all modes. Main story already completed.
    Prince of Persia (2008)
    Psi-Ops
    QuantZ
    Risen
    STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl
    STALKER: Clear Sky
    Sacred 2 - finish once
    Sacred Gold - finish once
    Sacrifice
    Second Sight
    Shadowgrounds
    Shadowgrounds Survivor
    ADDED! Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire
    Sid Meier's Civilization IV/BTS
    ADDED! Sid Meier's Pirates!
    Space Rangers 2 Complete
    ADDED! Star Trek: Starfleet Command
    ADDED! Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates
    Star Wars: Republic Commado
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    ADDED! System Shock 2
    The Guild Gold
    The Witcher Enhanced Edition
    ADDED! Thief III: Deadly Shadows
    Titan Quest/Immortal Throne
    Torchlight - finish once with either Alchemist or Destroyer (already did Vanquisher last fall)
    Trine - COMPLETED!
    Tropico
    Tropico 2
    Zeno Clash - COMPLETED!
    Zombie Shooter
    Two Worlds - Epic Edition
    Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
    X3: Reunion

XBOX 360 0/11 GAMES

Assassin's Creed 2
    Brutal Legend
    Dead Space
    Fable 2
    Gears of War
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Lost Planet
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Overlord
    Turok
    ADDED! Bionic Commando Rearmed (Live Arcade)

NINTENDO DS 0/5 GAMES

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
    Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
    Puzzle Quest
    Rune Factory 2

XBOX 0/17 GAMES

Armed and Dangerous
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
    Evil Dead: A Fist Full of Boomstick
    Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
    Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Hunter: The Reckoning
    Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
    Mercenaries
    Spider-Man 2
    Peter Jackson's King Kong
    Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
    Silent Hill 4: The Room
    Steel Battalion
    Tron 2.0
    True Crime: Streets of LA

PLAYSTATION 2 0/19 GAMES

Champions of Norrath
    Devil May Cry
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
    Dynasty Warriors 3
    God Hand
    God of War
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Kessen II
    Persona 3: FES
    Ring of Red
    Rise to Honor
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Silent Hill 3
    Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    The Thing

GAMECUBE 0/5 GAMES

Eternal Darkness
    Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    Metroid Prime
    Resident Evil 4
    Tales of Symphonia

Bruteman on
  • Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm just now starting Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii) in between finishing Dragon Age and the release of Mass Effect 2. Why did someone make this game, it actually causes my anus to bleed. WHY?!

Nick Soapdish on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 3/35. Bayonetta done, gonna be playing it more to unlock stuff but completed none the less.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So do we count beating the game or getting all achievements for 360 games?

Maximus on
    edited January 2010
    Most people appear to be setting their own goals. Some people put games on here they've beat before on so that they do get that 100% they're actually wanting.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's whatever you have your goal of "completion" as.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'll be updating my list a bit tonight when I get home. I haven't put Shadow Complex on there and still need to add a few that I haven't put on the list.

Also I have 15 reward bucks for Best Buy, and TMNT: Smash Up is fifteen bucks this Sunday, so I'll be getting that for free, so I'll be adding that.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 4/63

I am 100% going the wrong direction on this Backlog Challenge. Every time I take one step forward, I take two steps back. I found two Gamecube games while cleaning last night (Super Mario Sunshine, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on Zelda Collection), so those have been added. Plus, I had a gift card to Target and picked up Fable 2 today for $7.48.

I suck.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !StatusUpdate 3/8 (2/6)

Turns out I lied about tackling Fallout and Bioshock next, AGAIN! Mass Effect on Insanity is complete. I'm also removing Devil May Cry 4 for now, since I don't have access to it.

Current Backlog:
    360 (Completion)

Assassin's Creed - complete, moved to Extra list.
    Assassin's Creed 2 - complete, moved to Extra list.
    Bioshock
    Fallout 3 - includes all DLC.
    Lego Rock Band - Currently in-progress.
    Mass Effect - complete, moved to Extra list.
    Mercenaries 2
    Prototype - hard difficulty.

360 (Extra):

Assassin's Creed - 1000 GS.
    Assassin's Creed 2 - 1000 GS.
    Mass Effect - level 60.
    Mirror's Edge - time trial completion (50 stars)
    Mirror's Edge - speedrun completion (chapters 4-9)
    Rock Band - 100% tour completion.

Hylianbunny on
  • DagrabbitDagrabbit Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just started Titan Quest. I had started a new character in Torchlight and figured I should just play Titan Quest instead since that's actually on my backlog. I miss the cartooniness of Torchlight, but it's fun so far.

Dagrabbit on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I very nearly fell off the wagon today. I found a few cheap games at EB that I was gonna pick up, but as I was bringing one up to the register I remember this thread. So I put it back. I wouldn't want to be shamed, now would I?

SirUltimos on
    edited January 2010
    Maximus wrote: »
    So do we count beating the game or getting all achievements for 360 games?

Depends on the person. Some people like to get all achievements. Some people like to run through single player a few times and fiddle with multiplayer for a while.

Personally, I count a game as off my backlog when I've finished the single player campaign once - I have particular preferences for multiplayer, and most games don't interest me. The only games this generation I've played multiplayer, seriously, are HAWX (to coop the campaign), Bad Company and Warhawk. I occasionally dabble in CS: S, but not often. So making myself play the multiplayer of most games is needless tedium. I also don't have a lot of time to play games, so the more games I get to experience, the better.

Come up with what you consider beating a particular game, and put what your goals are down in your backlog.

edit - my PSP backlog is at a halt. I'm ordering the God of War collection soon, and I've been playing Chains of Olympus to catch up. I know it's a fall off the wagon, but it's that or pay $250au for the trilogy set, which isn't going to happen.

-Loki- on
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    I very nearly fell off the wagon today. I found a few cheap games at EB that I was gonna pick up, but as I was bringing one up to the register I remember this thread. So I put it back. I wouldn't want to be shamed, now would I?

I will not buy any more games until I have beaten the ones I already own.

Oh hey! I wonder what I'll find inside this shop that caters exclusively to video game hobbyists. :lol:

guar on
    edited January 2010
    UGH. I gotta pick up a pre-owned original Xbox for a 5 yr old kid for his birthday. Unfortunately I gotta go instore to get it which may end badly.

Big Classy on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 12/32

Got Dead Rising's best ending, what a letdown. Fun game though.

joshofalltrades on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 13/32

Sweet, The Maw is done too. Just knockin' 'em off tonight.

joshofalltrades on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !UpdateStatus 1/34

Finished Assassin's Creed 2. Excellent game. I'm going to go back for all the feathers, since I just have Venice left to do. I missed the guard kicking trophy, but there's talk of DLC that will include one of those missions, so I'll hold off replaying it for that. Otherwise I have all the trophies and consider it beaten.

Gotta start somewhere. I'll probably go back to Abyss, then Bayonetta.

http://backloggery.com/yaminosenshi

Green is anything I'm actively playing.

Wii:
    Elebits
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    New Super Mario Bros Wii (Doubtful, since divorce mode was no exaggeration.)
    Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Red Steel
    Zack & Wiki

PC:
    Secret Of Monkey Island
    Starcraft
    Torchlight

PSP:
    Patapon

DS:
    Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia
    Children Of Mana
    Contact
    Dragon Quest 5: Hand Of The Heavenly Bride
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Of Fates
    Rune Factory

XBox360:
    Bayonetta
    Burnout Paradise
    Dead Space
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

PS2:
    Burnout Revenge
    Devil May Cry 3 (Yeah, right)
    Disgaea (Not with full time employment, I'm not)
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Resident Evil 4
    Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant (Started and unbeaten 5 times now!)
    SSX 3
    Star Ocean: Til The End Of Time
    Tales Of The Abyss
    Xenosaga Episode 1

PS3:
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
    Valkyria Chronicles

Edit: I took Mercs 2 off since EA managed to break the game remotely and make it unplayable. Next time somebody uses "It just works" in the console vs PC war, I'll smack them with that.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    !Update

Finished Prince of Persia: Sands of Time & Mirror's Edge a while back. Very similar, but SOT was way better.

I'm pretty much focused on Wild Arms 3 now, and I love this game to death.

Just when I thought Maya couldn't get any cooler, she goes from being a spoiled rich girl with a railgun
    to a magical girl witch.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I fell off the wagon and pre-ordered Mass Effect 2, but you all saw that coming.

I'm trying to blow through as many games as possible before the 26th so I'm going to save my progress update until then.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Spider-man: Web of Shadows is pretty fucking fun so far, but damn is his voice actor bad. I was way hoping for an Iron Fist appearance after seeing Luke Cage.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3