As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Left 4 Dead - Zombie Gabe demands headshots - IHateMountains campaign,survivor nerfs

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    If I bought L4D1 now, just to play through the campaigns, would I be able to find games?

I think you could. You might have to be patient with the Armadeaddon chat to find players, but you could probably manage to get all five campaigns run through.
    Oh, I mean find games in general. I'm super afraid of joining Armadeaddon for some reason, I haven't even braved the chat yet.

Plus I dunno if you guys even have any other Euros.

edit: cheers Peewi, gonna download that shit now

815165 on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We have a fair number of Euros in Armadeadon.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Awesome, I'm going to have a shit load more time to play in a week or so, will make sure to join the group then. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I was playing versus before for the first time in ages, randomly jumping around as a hunter when all of a sudden

wutiw.jpg

It warped coach back to me, and he was stuck getting slammed up and down but not taking any damage
    I could just spin on the spot, and do melee attacks (well make the noise but I wasn't hitting him)
    Then after my teamates killed him I got the tendirizer achievement for being a charger
    Very strange little bug

Hitsuraptor on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Seen a vid of that happening before, I think it was posted in this thread by someone. The special infected (also a hunter I think) was able to 'glide' around and the survivors couldn't see or hit him, only the floating body of their survivor buddy.

Not a common occurence in any case.

Alegis on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The "chainsaw runs on adrenaline" video was somewhat well edited but quite boring. The smoker was a gimme because you had the chainsaw out to kill the tongue. A spitter in this mode is worthless. The only thing he did other than that was melee then chainsaw a hunter.

The video where he pisses off 6 witches, a tank and a charger and is running from them all and laughing is awesome, however.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    isndlisndl Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It warped coach back to me, and he was stuck getting slammed up and down but not taking any damage
    I could just spin on the spot, and do melee attacks (well make the noise but I wasn't hitting him)
    Then after my teamates killed him I got the tendirizer achievement for being a charger
    Very strange little bug

That bug was present when L4D2 was first released, though it should have been fixed by now. As I recall, the bug had something to do with a player who was a Charger in ghost mode disconnecting, or something to that effect.

isndl on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fuck yes I dunno how long I've been waiting for IHM. Downloading L4D1 as we speak.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Just played through all of IHM.

It was pretty awesome, though a bit confusing to navigate and a little too dark, but a shit load of really scary moments. For the finale we found a pretty good strat that made it a bit too easy:
    All of you stay inside the building with the radio, two of you covering each side while standing on/next to the counter with the radio makes it super easy to defend. Make ammo runs as soon as each wave of CI ends because a tank spawns that side of town each time, kiting him back to the building with the radio made being ready for the next horde super easy. Plus the plane lands right next to that building so you can make a run for it without trouble.

815165 on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Fuck yes I dunno how long I've been waiting for IHM. Downloading L4D1 as we speak.

Doesn't it work for l4d2 also?

Rend on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not yet. They haven't shoehorned it into L4D2 yet.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wish they'd make this mutation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-fDfxF1Oe8

edit: oh cool this is a real mod, we should play this shit sometime

815165 on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ahahahahaha.

Why do they have cola on the Parish?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thirst!

815165 on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ha, I remember making this mod for Left 4 Dead and abandoning when they changed event code. I wonder how they resolved the issues of the tank trapping you in the safe room at the start of each round.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Reminds me of the original Race for Dead that Kaffa used to do when he hosted.

Spawn an invincible tank in the saferoom right after you leave. you can slow it with bullets but never could kill it. Commons and specials were still around so it was a little different

Still crazy fun.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ohmygodohmygodohmygod :D

I have wanted this so fucking badly, and it's finally here :D:D:D

Sorenson on
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ive been on a server like that, it was retarded.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    God that looks fun.

We need to do that sometime. Preferably with 8 people. XD

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That tank run is epic, especially the wave of cars on the bridge.

bamjo on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    In my achievement hunger I've started grinding Scavenge: It's surprisingly fun and playable (as long as you keep it best of 3 and not 5) considering the distaste I have for Versus, and there's a few games going at almost all times. Never gave Scav a thought before.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    AzadIsCoolAzadIsCool Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This thread is getting fat.

AzadIsCool on
    leftaq.jpgcenterv.jpgrightz.jpg
  • Options
    chipmanchipman Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New mutation is Room For One, first player to the rescue vehicle survives.

But what sucks is it looks like it only works for finales - I want to play a whole campaign with this :x

chipman on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    chipman wrote: »
    New mutation is Room For One, first player to the rescue vehicle survives.

But what sucks is it looks like it only works for finales - I want to play a whole campaign with this :x

Oh, it's just "first to the vehicle"?

I was expecting it to not end until only one person is left alive, meaning that you have to kill the other survivors :P

Jragghen on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, everyone will probably end up killing each other at the very end.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alot of these mutations seem like they could be awesome but the execution is.... lacking.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    From the poll results and their conclusion I get the feeling they'll be nerfing some of the items a tad little bit. Ever since mutations popped up it sounds like they've been more keen on adjusting some stuff.
    On the PC this week we are testing increased self-inflicted friendly fire damage for the Grenade Launcher. Will this change balance the Grenade Launcher? Time will tell. We will continue to experiment with changes on both platforms through this process.

Alegis on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I saw this in the newest update notes.
    Lobby leaders can select "Steam Group Server" as a server option. This will allow them to select individual servers.
    The only thing I can say to that is "about time".

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wow that is about time. Jesus that's about damn bloody time.

Does make it easier to play certain server side mods. Join steamgroup, lobby up.

Alegis on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Increased friendly fire for grenade launchers is going to make inaccurate grenade users... irritating.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    Increased friendly fire for grenade launchers is going to make inaccurate grenade users... irritating.

Did it say self-inflicted FF or FF in general?

If it's FF in general, that suuuucks. One of the best tactics there is with the grenade launcher on expert is to wing one right at a survivor who's about to be overwhelmed by zombies. Yeah he'll take 20 damage, ish, but all the zombies around him are toast. You just probably saved him an incap.

Other than that though, it just relies on you actually knowing how to use the god dang launcher.

Rend on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Rend wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

Did it say self-inflicted FF or FF in general?

If it's FF in general, that suuuucks. One of the best tactics there is with the grenade launcher on expert is to wing one right at a survivor who's about to be overwhelmed by zombies. Yeah he'll take 20 damage, ish, but all the zombies around him are toast. You just probably saved him an incap.

Other than that though, it just relies on you actually knowing how to use the god dang launcher.

Self-inflicted only, didn't notice that at first glance. Still going to be a pain if a team-mate decides to blow themselves up, but c'est la vie.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's especially annoying in versus though. Little FF damage, bane of special infected.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You can kill special infected pretty fast with any advanced weapon. Was the grenade launcher really that powerful?

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    You can kill special infected pretty fast with any advanced weapon. Was the grenade launcher really that powerful?

Step 1: Fire.
    Step 2: Forget.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    RandomEngy wrote: »

no... and it sucked against tanks

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    God dangit I keep forgetting you guys mostly play versus.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i mostly race in campaign actually.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    You stun tanks with the GL. And most importantly it can clear special infected instantaneously. When a survivor team dies by SI wipeout, it's usually because a survivor can't save another pinned survivor fast enough (disappear out of view or more common: too many infected hitting, disrupting aim). GL takes care of that. Although its use does depend on map. And the one carrying the GL is much weaker to defend himself.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't think the GL stuns tanks in VS.

RandomEngy on
This discussion has been closed.