As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

He's out, [chat] before wicket!

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I love the turtles. I just hated the first movie. Way too much Casey Jones.

Casey was freaking awesome man. Though I just like the actor.

Duncan!

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Alright, time to show my TMNT nerdiness.

The first movie was based on the comic books more than the TV show. Just like how the early seasons of the TV show more closely resembled the comic books as well. That's part of the reason for Casey Jones playing a prominent role in the movie and in the early part of the show, as he has a big role in the comics. Now, what winds up happening is the second and third movies move away from the comics and create their own storyline. At the same time, the TV show does the same thing. So basically, there's 3 different TMNT story lines going at the same time. One's a comic, one's an animated show and the third is live action movies. Eventually, the movies peter out and the TV show comes to an end. An attempt is made at a live action TV show which also has it's own unique storyline and that bombs after one season. Then, after 6 years, a new show is started in 2003 that promises to follow the comic storyline. And it has done that pretty well and remained popular. I can't even believe it's been on the air almost 7 years now. The original TV show lasted 10 seasons, though the last two were only like 8 episodes a piece (at it's height, Season 5 was 35 episodes long).

Unfortunately, Eastman and Laird had a falling out a few years back and I think Laird bought all the rights from Eastman (I might have that backwards).

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Geez, G&T takes their Nintendo defense pretty seriously.

You think thats bad, don't even say anything about bayonetta.

I did, I was all "This game is trash" and they flipped a shit.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    whats wrong with casey jones?
    He had a highly publicized DUI, so I don't think he's really a good role model for children.

Bama on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bayonetta seems like Devil May Cry with Tits and about as terrible of a story.

I mean, I liked God Hand, so I'd probably like the game

But Way of the Samurai 3 is just so much more tempting

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    1.jpg

That's an awesome image. It's the day after tomorrow!

Wow.

That's a sight we rarely see.

Yes it is mighty uncommon for all the clouds to break over most of your country at the same time.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    1.jpg

Wow.

Yes it is mighty uncommon for all the clouds to break over most of your country at the same time.

Is this a sign of impending doom?

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket! :P

:^:

Edit:

Am I the only one that knows this reference?

No, but some references should just fade away.

*GASP!* Are you speaking blasphemy of my cherished childhood heroes?!

I love the turtles. I just hated the first movie. Way too much Casey Jones.

I didn't think it was that bad. If anything it was a pretty good translation of the comics for what could be done at the time. Jim Henson company did a good job with it I thought.

As a translation it's fine. I just have an irrational hatred of the Casey Jones character.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    1.jpg

Wow.

:? :...:

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010

Hi-5 Ronaldo. I did the same thing.

They flipped out less than I was expecting though, maybe because I am a mod?

Aw hell who am I kidding? None of the G&T regulars bother clicking on D&D more than once.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

:? :...:

The joke is that Enlgand is always cloudy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

The best part is I like my Wii. I enjoy the games I have on it. But third party games don't sell well on the Wii, unless you're some mini-game collection or Mario Kart.

Apparently this is equivalent to saying the system is shit from a butt.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But Way of the Samurai 3 is just so much more tempting

You're a good man, Zen. Stick to your convictions and ignore boob-based gameplay.

desc on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

The first movie was based on the comic books more than the TV show. Just like how the early seasons of the TV show more closely resembled the comic books as well. That's part of the reason for Casey Jones playing a prominent role in the movie and in the early part of the show, as he has a big role in the comics. Now, what winds up happening is the second and third movies move away from the comics and create their own storyline. At the same time, the TV show does the same thing. So basically, there's 3 different TMNT story lines going at the same time. One's a comic, one's an animated show and the third is live action movies. Eventually, the movies peter out and the TV show comes to an end. An attempt is made at a live action TV show which also has it's own unique storyline and that bombs after one season. Then, after 6 years, a new show is started in 2003 that promises to follow the comic storyline. And it has done that pretty well and remained popular. I can't even believe it's been on the air almost 7 years now. The original TV show lasted 10 seasons, though the last two were only like 8 episodes a piece (at it's height, Season 5 was 35 episodes long).

Unfortunately, Eastman and Laird had a falling out a few years back and I think Laird bought all the rights from Eastman (I might have that backwards).

I'm pretty sure you're right with Eastman buying up the rights but if I recall he's now gone and sold them to Nickelodeon.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You see, England is a very cloudy country. There are almost always clouds in the sky.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    someone link me to a flip out

i wanna read a flip out.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Aw hell who am I kidding? None of the G&T regulars bother clicking on D&D more than once.

Ehh, in your case nobody really flipped out except that one guy and then everyone else told him to chill.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone else see the cgi movie they did (for TMNT?) I didn't think it was too bad, had decent voice acting and animation. April as a ninja was a bit of a stretch but you know I'll live with that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I love it when you talk dirty.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

'cism.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

The best part is I like my Wii. I enjoy the games I have on it. But third party games don't sell well on the Wii, unless you're some mini-game collection or Mario Kart.

Man the system is poop like from a butt. I haven't turned mine on in literally years.

Like, we had one, it got stolen, we bought a new one with insurance money, and have turned it on maybe three times since?

The Wii is a fantastic system assuming you don't like to play video games.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the guy with the Bayonetta ass sig who responds to anything in that thread in 2 seconds creeps me out

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I like my Wii as well, but I admit I mostly just use it for exercise, which isn't a bad thing really as the ones I have for it give me a decent work out at a lower cost.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I wanna go in there and do this, now. Would I get infracted for trolling?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Anyone else see the cgi movie they did (for TMNT?) I didn't think it was too bad, had decent voice acting and animation. April as a ninja was a bit of a stretch but you know I'll live with that.

I did, it wasn't bad.

wasn't very unpredictable but it was meant for kids so whatever.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I thought it was a pretty good movie. April being a ninja was a bit odd but overall I thought it was well done. That and we finally saw a good Raph/Leo fight.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the guy with the Bayonetta ass sig who responds to anything in that thread in 2 seconds creeps me out

Klykka, yeah his sig is the stuff of super creepyness, two videogame asshots with a pseudo blowjob animu picture in the middle. Creepy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I think he creeps all of us out.

Gonmun on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

There's more to this.

Eastman and Laird wanted to do Bebop and Rocksteady for the second turtles movie, and have that scientist be like Krangs brother or something, basically an alien in disguise, but at this point the comics and toys were much further ahead than the comic books, and the studio really put the clamps over the creators and that's why we had the ninja rap.

That's when eastman and laird started falling out from the studios. Their original position was that "okay, we know that it's kid friendly, but we're keeping the comics our baby, and that's what matters..." but eventually that just wasn't the case.

So onto TMNT3....

Well, there's no official reasoning as to why it sucked, but basically Lloyd Kaufman (the toxic avenger fame) stated in his book that the studios only bought the rights to the toxic crusaders to strong arm eastman and laird into backing a third ninja turtle movie after the fallout from the second one, stating "we can always get another property"

edit: according to wiki, when Kaufman discovered this, along with the fact that they were never going to make a toxic crusaders movie, he actually sued the studios and won. So go him.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I thought it was a pretty good movie. April being a ninja was a bit odd but overall I thought it was well done. That and we finally saw a good Raph/Leo fight.

I thought they handled it well, they even seemed to take it right after the first movie. And the turtles worked good in CGI since then they could do all their crazy shit without having to deal with bulky costumes. And raph vs leo was great.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I enjoyed it enough to buy it when it came out.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Klyka? We had a videogame show over here in which they played a clip form a total psycho. A significant number of people here were genuinly convinced it was Klyka.

Leitner on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I love my Wii. I have a Wii and a PC. I think it's a good balance.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Not by me. But then I am not a G&T mod.

G&T has some rules against what they call "thread-shitting" which sometimes apparently means "showing anything other than deep admiration for the subject of a thread." I don't really get it, but I guess it's best to respect their customs to a reasonable degree.

I can't imagine that you would be infracted for expressing polite disagreement.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Man the system is poop like from a butt. I haven't turned mine on in literally years.

Like, we had one, it got stolen, we bought a new one with insurance money, and have turned it on maybe three times since?

The Wii is a fantastic system assuming you don't like to play video games.

Yes but you have terrible taste.

I play my Wii frequently. Not nearly as much as my 360 and PS3 but enough to say that I actually like the system and don't regret the purchase.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In 2010, Netflix will spend $600 million on postage

holy fuck

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

Klyka? We had a videogame show over here in which they played a clip form a total psycho. A significant number of people here were genuinly convinced it was Klyka.

On Brooker's show? I thought that guy had a Russian accent.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I went into the Dante's Inferno thread and basically said it sucked and that GoW was better, but since that seems to be the general opinion of the game, no one flipped their shit. I wanna see what people do when I say Bayonetta sucks, cause it did.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There was one post in the thread after I posted of a dude who was like "man are people going to keep complaining about the game? I thought we had driven all of those people out like 50 pages ago."

It was kind of illustrative of how G&T people expect their threads to go.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Not by me. But then I am not a G&T mod.

G&T has some rules against what they call "thread-shitting" which sometimes apparently means "showing anything other than deep admiration for the subject of a thread." I don't really get it, but I guess it's best to respect their customs to a reasonable degree.

I can't imagine that you would be infracted for expressing polite disagreement.

This is why I like Will. He's good people. That and he's actually been out to this part of Canada and didn't say it was a backward hicktown (Even though the vast majority of this part of the country is).

Gonmun on
This discussion has been closed.