As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

He's out, [chat] before wicket!

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In 2010, Netflix will spend $600 million on postage

holy fuck

pocket change.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh hey Will I played the Bayonetta demo it was rad and you are a bad person

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I love my Wii. I have a Wii and a PC. I think it's a good balance.

As someone who owns a Wii but hasn't turned it on in years, I am genuinely curious, what are you playing on it these days?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    There was one post in the thread after I posted of a dude who was like "man are people going to keep complaining about the game? I thought we had driven all of those people out like 50 pages ago."

It was kind of illustrative of how G&T people expect their threads to go.

Seriously, I read that and I was like "Its just will, and he has valid complaints you guys are ignoring."

The new thread has a super creepy OP though, so there is that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=9880979&postcount=433

Also, I do nothing but threadshit and somehow I have only been infracted once in this world.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

I argue that it is you who is the bad person because you like bad games.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I enjoyed the Bayonetta demo and I'll get it from Gamefly eventually. Probably whenever I finish Darksiders.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No one is linking me to G&T flip outs. What is up with that /:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I went into the Dante's Inferno thread and basically said it sucked and that GoW was better, but since that seems to be the general opinion of the game, no one flipped their shit. I wanna see what people do when I say Bayonetta sucks, cause it did.

Yeah I hated it. I can't stand the retarded story elements of the animes or the bullshit attitude of the animes or the idiotic character archetypes of the animes.

I just don't like the animes. And I don't like video games that take all their production cues from the animes.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I bought a new TV 9 months ago and haven't attached the sensor bar to it.....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I don't see how they could infract me for this. Hopefully people will flip their shit, though. :D

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    In 2010, Netflix will spend $600 million on postage

holy fuck

As long as my precious Mad Men dvds arrive here this afternoon, then every penny of that is well-spent on their part.

desc on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Welcome to my Fantasy Zone!

oh dear. . .

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I went into the Dante's Inferno thread and basically said it sucked and that GoW was better, but since that seems to be the general opinion of the game, no one flipped their shit. I wanna see what people do when I say Bayonetta sucks, cause it did.

Yeah I hated it. I can't stand the retarded story elements of the animes or the bullshit attitude of the animes or the idiotic character archetypes of the animes.

I just don't like the animes. And I don't like video games that take all their production cues from the animes.

It's certainly annoying, to be fair, but I mean, at least based on the demo, isn't that all just an excuse to have a lot of combat (which in my eyes was dull combat).

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

ditto.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

As someone who owns a Wii but hasn't turned it on in years, I am genuinely curious, what are you playing on it these days?

Co-op Tetris, a slew of other VC games (Mario World, Secret of Mana, Mario Kart 64, Toejam and Earl), Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, New Super Mario Bros Wii, I recently replayed through both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Mario Power Tennis ... this is me, roommates, lady friend ... it's just a system to sit down and play with people. If I want to get on the internets I jump on my computer, because I have a long list of steam games and non steam games to play on it. When I play xbox 360 I end up just playing gta4 or GoW2. And the only thing to this day I have played on a PS3 is LBP.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I hate the anime subculture so much

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Bayonetta demo and I'll get it from Gamefly eventually. Probably whenever I finish Darksiders.

Hey is Darksiders any good? I was thinking about picking it up to rinse that awful taste of Bayonetta out of my mouth.

I am kind of afraid that it will end up like one of those 80s camp hijinx capers where the dude accidentally drinks urine and then tries to rinse his mouth out from a bucket of water but it turns out to be a bucket of vomit.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Welcome to my Fantasy Zone!

oh dear. . .

Yeah that OP is a little too...passionate for my tastes.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Hey is Darksiders any good? I was thinking about picking it up to rinse that awful taste of Bayonetta out of my mouth.

I am kind of afraid that it will end up like one of those 80s camp hijinx capers where the dude accidentally drinks urine and then tries to rinse his mouth out from a bucket of water but it turns out to be a bucket of vomit.

Hm I nearly threw up there.

Good job Will.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Co-op Tetris, a slew of other VC games (Mario World, Secret of Mana, Mario Kart 64, Toejam and Earl), Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, New Super Mario Bros Wii, I recently replayed through both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Mario Power Tennis ... this is me, roommates, lady friend ... it's just a system to sit down and play with people. If I want to get on the internets I jump on my computer, because I have a long list of steam games and non steam games to play on it. When I play xbox 360 I end up just playing gta4 or GoW2. And the only thing to this day I have played on a PS3 is LBP.

I see, so sadly my Wii will remain un-used as those are all old games I've played already or remakes of old game I've played already. Thanks for the informative post though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Isn't the Wii about to be annihilated by Project Natal? That shit looks damn cool.

Also like it might revolutionize the PC game modding industry, if every man and his dog will be able to do mo-cap with a suitable webcam.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Yeah I bet you thought it was totally kawaii you weeaboo motherfucker.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Yeah I hear ya there, I dislike when a game is apparently trying to sell you on sex appeal and boring archetypes over all else.

I can't believe it but someone compared the plot of baynoetta to RE 4 saying RE 4 was over the top like that. My head it hurts.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I just got done playing Silent Hill. New Super Mario Bros. Tiger Woods 2010. Metroid Prime Trilogy.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Darksiders looks bad to me. It looks like it is trying so hard to be spawn-era dark and edgy. I don't really know much about the game itself though. The trailers I saw didn't leave much of an impression on me, personally.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Isn't the Wii about to be annihilated by Project Natal? That shit looks damn cool.

Also like it might revolutionize the PC game modding industry, if every man and his dog will be able to do mo-cap with a suitable webcam.

I hope motion controls die in a fire. Starting with Natal.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Alright, time to show my TMNT nerdiness.

The first movie was based on the comic books more than the TV show. Just like how the early seasons of the TV show more closely resembled the comic books as well. That's part of the reason for Casey Jones playing a prominent role in the movie and in the early part of the show, as he has a big role in the comics. Now, what winds up happening is the second and third movies move away from the comics and create their own storyline. At the same time, the TV show does the same thing. So basically, there's 3 different TMNT story lines going at the same time. One's a comic, one's an animated show and the third is live action movies. Eventually, the movies peter out and the TV show comes to an end. An attempt is made at a live action TV show which also has it's own unique storyline and that bombs after one season. Then, after 6 years, a new show is started in 2003 that promises to follow the comic storyline. And it has done that pretty well and remained popular. I can't even believe it's been on the air almost 7 years now. The original TV show lasted 10 seasons, though the last two were only like 8 episodes a piece (at it's height, Season 5 was 35 episodes long).

Unfortunately, Eastman and Laird had a falling out a few years back and I think Laird bought all the rights from Eastman (I might have that backwards).

There's more to this.

Eastman and Laird wanted to do Bebop and Rocksteady for the second turtles movie, and have that scientist be like Krangs brother or something, basically an alien in disguise, but at this point the comics and toys were much further ahead than the comic books, and the studio really put the clamps over the creators and that's why we had the ninja rap.

That's when eastman and laird started falling out from the studios. Their original position was that "okay, we know that it's kid friendly, but we're keeping the comics our baby, and that's what matters..." but eventually that just wasn't the case.

So onto TMNT3....

Well, there's no official reasoning as to why it sucked, but basically Lloyd Kaufman (the toxic avenger fame) stated in his book that the studios only bought the rights to the toxic crusaders to strong arm eastman and laird into backing a third ninja turtle movie after the fallout from the second one, stating "we can always get another property"

edit: according to wiki, when Kaufman discovered this, along with the fact that they were never going to make a toxic crusaders movie, he actually sued the studios and won. So go him.

The other reason for "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go" and the stupid asian kid was because the first movie was seen by some parents as too violent, too gritty and too offensive to be a PG movie. So the studio wanted to tone it down and add in the kid-in-peril character. Remember in the first one that April, while not being a trained ninja or anything, is not a pussy. She stands up for herself quite a bit. Casey Jones is also a vigilante psychopath. The humans in the first movie can hold their own ground. But the studios felt that they needed some sort of kid in there to relate to the kid audience.

For me, that's part of the reason why the first movie holds up so well and the second one doesn't. It's not dumbed down for the audience. It's actually a good movie.

The scene when Donatello and Casey are trading childish insults inside the garage is exactly the same kind of shit we do to eachother here too.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blazblue is horribly Japanese anime but is actually fun

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

It's like EA sat down and here's their meeting:

"Ok, this God of War bullshit pisses me off. Why didn't we come up with a game like this?"

"We were too busy making Madden."

"Well just change the names of the players and put a new year on it, let's make a God of War game."

"What should we use? It has to be mythical... mythical as fuck."

"How about Dante's Inferno?"

"What the fuck is that shit?"

"It's a book..."

"Stop right there. We're not making a game about a book. No one reads anymore."

"Well in the book they go through hell. We could make a game about that."

"You're on to something. Also, let's put a lot of tits in it."

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I beat the first dungeon last night and so far it's pretty awesome. Nice mix of God of War and Zelda, though the combat is a bit repetitive and simplistic.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I'll believe the Project Natal shit when its in my living room. Also, I'm really not looking forward to it. If anything the Wii has shown me that motion controls are absolutely the wrong direction to take gaming in.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I just got done playing Silent Hill. New Super Mario Bros. Tiger Woods 2010. Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Tiger Woods '10 is possible the best example of a Wii game.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Natal apparently is going to allow you to set up channels such as 'no fatties' (same with the games). Like this is used in an actual press release. Though I hope it final means allowing you to use yourself as an avatar in games, that technology was available literally a decade ago. What is taking you fuckers.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I see, so sadly my Wii will remain un-used as those are all old games I've played already or remakes of old game I've played already. Thanks for the informative post though.

I don't feel the need to buy like, 20 games a year. How many games did I own for N64? For Gamecube? Maybe 20 a piece. I already have half that for my Wii. I mean, I just bought GTA 4 on PC for 8 bucks. I bought Fallout 3 for 25. Killing Floor for 20. HoMM5 for 10. Titan Quest Gold for 10. These are mostly old games, but meh - I am still playing TF2 and that game is old as well. I was playing WC3 up to a few months ago and that game was old.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blazblue is horribly Japanese anime but is actually fun

Yep. So in SF4 in a lot of ways, actually. It's just more old school anime flavor, tbh.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Leitner wrote: »

Natal apparently is going to allow you to set up channels such as 'no fatties' (same with the games). Like this is used in an actual press release. Though I hope it final means allowing you to use yourself as an avatar in games, that technology was available literally a decade ago. What is taking you fuckers.

heh so all the gamers would make no fattie channels and exclude themselves;ves from playing games?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Darksiders looks bad to me. It looks like it is trying so hard to be spawn-era dark and edgy. I don't really know much about the game itself though. The trailers I saw didn't leave much of an impression on me, personally.

I don't know anything about Spawn, but the game is a looooooot better looking than the screenshots.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    new computer put together!

new motherboard doesn't work!

!!

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I'll believe the Project Natal shit when its in my living room. Also, I'm really not looking forward to it. If anything the Wii has shown me that motion controls are absolutely the wrong direction to take gaming in.
    SyphonBlue wrote:
    I hope motions controls die in a fire. Starting with Natal.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
This discussion has been closed.