As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ventrilo text-to-voice

SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anyone know of a way to change the default, robot-like text-to-speech voice on ventrilo?
When I go into the settings, I see there is the option for default or "microsoft sam", which both sound exactly the same to me.
I imagine Id have to download and install a new voice package or something maybe?

Sakebomb on

• Options
    edited January 2010
    any ideas?

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yup, new voice package, but I did some searching for the same reason and discovered that the ones available cost a buttload of money to get.

Vista came with Microsoft Anna or something (I forget her name)... you might be able to find that for free.

Anyway, sorry Im not much help but Im interested in what this thread turns out too.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    uean wrote: »
    Yup, new voice package, but I did some searching for the same reason and discovered that the ones available cost a buttload of money to get.

Vista came with Microsoft Anna or something (I forget her name)... you might be able to find that for free.

Anyway, sorry Im not much help but Im interested in what this thread turns out too.

Yeah, its really hard to find info on this. I know its possible because theres a cybercafe in Austin that has the computer voice from Star Trek as the defualt for the ventrilo clients there. I asked one of the employees about it and he just looked at me all deer-in-a-headlights. Maybe I'll just go there one night with a thumb drive and see if I can snatch it......

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ventrilo uses the default list of Text-To-Voice options on your Windows installation. I have something like four of them on my list. LH Michael, LH Michelle (LH stands for Lernout and Hauspie or something like that), Mike, and Mary are the ones that I have. The LH ones were installed with Office 2003. There are some links online for the Microsoft ones, although you can install the Microsoft ones as optional components for Office XP.

I'm told that the bytecool.com link has a trojan in it, so avoid that.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png